[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: To "Mav or Mav Not...." that is the question.
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/2/2018  11:46 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Love Trier

This draft is looking incredible for us.

Three really good players with lots of potential in the same draft when officially kickstarting rebuilding? Amazing feat!

just shows you that you don't have to tank to find good talent, just do your home work and have a solid coaching staff.

We could have won a championship and picked up Mitch and Trier

Yeah, also one of the reasons I wouldn't be too bent out of shape if Dennis Smith Jr. ended up being better than Frank. Players like DSJ you can find anytime. Is he that much better than Trier?

Actually...he isn't. They pretty much took Donic to eventually run their offense...Smith is a 6'1" mostly shooting guard with defensive issues.

Only player available when we picked that I would have taken over Frank, in hindsight, is Mitchell.

yeah thats true. The fact that they want him off the ball is interesting considering he was praised for being a legit pg

He had ZERO assists and 6 Turnovers to go with 23 points, I am glad we didn't draft this kid.

I give him credit for being a scorer thats his only real strength. Nothing wrong with that but its much easier to get those players unlike defensive or two way players which we have more of now

I would take Trier over him. It really underscores how Dallas completely wasted their pick. Every draft will have it's no defense, tunnel vision, take it to the hoop iso-chucker. A lottery pick, really? Heck Trier has better chance of being a contributor than him, because he is giving effort on defense.

I honestly think they wanted Frank. I mean I remember they were heavily involved with him despite what they say after the fact
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2018  12:00 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Three really good players with lots of potential in the same draft when officially kickstarting rebuilding? Amazing feat!

just shows you that you don't have to tank to find good talent, just do your home work and have a solid coaching staff.

Yeah, also one of the reasons I wouldn't be too bent out of shape if Dennis Smith Jr. ended up being better than Frank. Players like DSJ you can find anytime. Is he that much better than Trier?

Actually...he isn't. They pretty much took Donic to eventually run their offense...Smith is a 6'1" mostly shooting guard with defensive issues.

Only player available when we picked that I would have taken over Frank, in hindsight, is Mitchell.

yeah thats true. The fact that they want him off the ball is interesting considering he was praised for being a legit pg

He had ZERO assists and 6 Turnovers to go with 23 points, I am glad we didn't draft this kid.

I give him credit for being a scorer thats his only real strength. Nothing wrong with that but its much easier to get those players unlike defensive or two way players which we have more of now

I would take Trier over him. It really underscores how Dallas completely wasted their pick. Every draft will have it's no defense, tunnel vision, take it to the hoop iso-chucker. A lottery pick, really? Heck Trier has better chance of being a contributor than him, because he is giving effort on defense.

I honestly think they wanted Frank. I mean I remember they were heavily involved with him despite what they say after the fact
I thought they wanted Frank but a couple of reporters that I respect were at the Mavs draft party and they said the Mavs first choice was Smith. Talk about baiting the Knicks etc.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/3/2018  12:01 AM
Mitchell Robinson is a defensive beast and athletic freak, he’s so much fun to watch out there. Wooooooow Scott Perry your the man!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/3/2018  12:01 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1

11/3/2018  12:03 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I thought they wanted Frank but a couple of reporters that I respect were at the Mavs draft party and they said the Mavs first choice was Smith. Talk about baiting the Knicks etc.
Thats the story they put out afterwards of course but I dont believe it. I dont think they baited anyone. Frank was a big target for phil leading up to the draft
StarksEwing1

11/3/2018  12:04 AM
martin wrote:
Thats why I always say offense doesnt equal victories. Even if you dont have a big offensive night you can do other things that contribute just as much if not more
martin
USA
11/3/2018  12:05 AM
Clean
Member: #743
11/3/2018  12:15 AM

I don't usually like too much ISO but if the player is hot and making shots efficiently I say let him eat all he wants.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/3/2018  12:50 AM
Clean wrote:
I don't usually like too much ISO but if the player is hot and making shots efficiently I say let him eat all he wants.

He is fun to watch...I think Fizdale is experimenting with him at this point...also looking to see if he might be our end of the game shooter.

Either Trier or THJ would my choice at this point.

His herky-jerky game is a little bit like Curry's, and he finishes with some strength.

The Knicks are not supposed to be this lucky.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/3/2018  3:37 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Don't buy that. They were one of the first teams to scout Frank and they hired his former coach to direct their summer league team. We're they happy with DSJ? Sure. But they were always linked to Frank in the months leading into the draft.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/3/2018  6:52 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens with Burke/Mudiay. Im happy for Mudiay since this was probably the first good game since we acquired him. However Burke has also done well for a longer period of time. Mudiay has to hopefully keep it up next game
Mudiay looked like a guy that lost 10+ lbs and played like Fiz described in training camp. I think it is sustainable. He also looked like he had a lot more confidence. He is definitely the best passing point on the team, pushes the pace and he wasn't falling tonight.

ive never seen him move like that before. He looked like a different player
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2018  7:13 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Welpee wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Thats the story they put out afterwards of course but I dont believe it. I dont think they baited anyone. Frank was a big target for phil leading up to the draft

I believe the reporter was Danny Leroux. That was Why I believed it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/3/2018  7:40 AM
4 of our next 5 are very winnable. We could easily be .500 after this stretch.
Wizards
Bulls
Hawks
Raptors
Magic
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/3/2018  8:35 AM
Jmpasq wrote:4 of our next 5 are very winnable. We could easily be .500 after this stretch.
Wizards
Bulls
Hawks
Raptors
Magic

As long as we keep competing as hard as we are, I believe they can turn some of those into W’s. Such a fun team!

Knicks_Fan
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/3/2018  10:05 AM
martin
USA
11/3/2018  10:27 AM
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/3/2018  10:32 AM
Once this starting unit really gels, I think we can expect to see a few games where three or four Knicks double double at the same time.

Vonleh - Points/boards
Mitch - Points/boards/(blocks?)
Frank - Points/Assists
Boobies - Points/boards
THJR - Points/Assists

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/3/2018  10:34 AM
fitzfarm wrote:

Clyde said i best: Mesmerizing stuff by the neophyte

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/3/2018  10:45 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Clean wrote:

He is fun to watch...I think Fizdale is experimenting with him at this point...also looking to see if he might be our end of the game shooter.

Either Trier or THJ would my choice at this point.

His herky-jerky game is a little bit like Curry's, and he finishes with some strength.

The Knicks are not supposed to be this lucky.

plus he's tough minded and draws fouls -- super important

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/3/2018  10:47 AM
martin wrote:

Holy Guacamole. Kanter needs to let this sink in before he sulks

(5)(5)
Game Thread: To "Mav or Mav Not...." that is the question.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy