[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Pacers at Knicks - ESPN 8 PM
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

11/1/2018  2:50 PM
martin wrote:
MS wrote:I think this is best case scenario. Compete, play hard and lose games. It's obviously nice for the kids to get some wins under their belt, but what we are seeing free agents see as well.

Trier is going to be a terrific 6th man off the bench.

Dotson has Danny Green/Bowen with more offense written all over him.

Robinson is challenging shots and will become an elite rim protector once his body fills out.

Frank is becoming a capable starter and once he figures out how to consistently knock down a jumper he will average 14 in his sleep with the length he has over other point guards.

Hardaway if he plays within himself and doesn't just chuck up threes, continues to find the open man and picks his spots can be a third scorer on a very good contending team.

Voleah it's too bad we didn't lock him to a multi year deal, because he competes, is blue collar and tough, perfect forward to come off the bench.

That right there without Knox, KP and a draft selection is 6 solid rotation players with unique skill sets.

Would like to see Knox come off the bench and not start when he comes back, allocate Mario and Lance Thomas's minutes there and really play the rotation of kids.

Future looks in the right place finally.

I'm all aboard this train

we know you are and we hate you for it lol
There is value in Knicks making the playoffs and signing a marquee FA too. Draft is not the best, although the Knicks have consistently done well in this regard since Phil arrived. Not married to the draft. FO could make mistakes there.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/1/2018  3:07 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
MS wrote:I think this is best case scenario. Compete, play hard and lose games. It's obviously nice for the kids to get some wins under their belt, but what we are seeing free agents see as well.

Robinson is challenging shots and will become an elite rim protector once his body fills out.

Frank is becoming a capable starter and once he figures out how to consistently knock down a jumper he will average 14 in his sleep with the length he has over other point guards.

Hardaway if he plays within himself and doesn't just chuck up threes, continues to find the open man and picks his spots can be a third scorer on a very good contending team.

Voleah it's too bad we didn't lock him to a multi year deal, because he competes, is blue collar and tough, perfect forward to come off the bench.

That right there without Knox, KP and a draft selection is 6 solid rotation players with unique skill sets.

Would like to see Knox come off the bench and not start when he comes back, allocate Mario and Lance Thomas's minutes there and really play the rotation of kids.

There is value in Knicks making the playoffs and signing a marquee FA too. Draft is not the best, although the Knicks have consistently done well in this regard since Phil arrived. Not married to the draft. FO could make mistakes there.

The chances of the Knicks getting into the playoffs are SLIM. And if they did it would be 8th seed and first round exit. Why does a marquee FA get all hot and bothered by a first round no wins exit against TOR or BOS?

Versus adding a top 5 pick AND KP back into the throw of things?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/1/2018  3:33 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

The chances of the Knicks getting into the playoffs are SLIM. And if they did it would be 8th seed and first round exit. Why does a marquee FA get all hot and bothered by a first round no wins exit against TOR or BOS?

Agreed. Free agents see the young talent, a returning KP and that is the draw. Winning a few extra games doesnt give us more of a advantage over not
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/1/2018  3:34 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

Plus for me, the more we lose now, the more margin we have to win in the last month or so of the season, to give the illusion to free agents that we’re on an upward swing (much better than our old trick of starting off with a middling record then the wheels fall off)

smackeddog
11/1/2018  3:41 PM
I’d also like to add how happy and surprised I am that Fiz has benched Trey and Kanter so early and gone with our younger players with upside as starters- was worried we’d have to wait until the last month or so
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/1/2018  3:43 PM
Bottomline on free agency is this - Durant, Leonard, Irving, Thompson or Middleton (Walker, Butler, Cousins... eh) will have to want to be the alpha dog in NY/the Garden like Lebron wanted LA.

He didn't go there because the thought the roster was lined up to come out of the West. It was a lifestyle/personal choice but I'm sure he expects to be competitive and get better over the next 1-4 years.

None of those guys are coming BECAUSE of the roster. They'd be coming for a bigger reason but see enough in the roster to see what Lebron saw.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/1/2018  3:53 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

Agreed. Free agents see the young talent, a returning KP and that is the draw. Winning a few extra games doesnt give us more of a advantage over not

Totally agree. Wish we did this last year for Doncic

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/1/2018  3:54 PM
Knickoftime wrote:Bottomline on free agency is this - Durant, Leonard, Irving, Thompson or Middleton (Walker, Butler, Cousins... eh) will have to want to be the alpha dog in NY/the Garden like Lebron wanted LA.

He didn't go there because the thought the roster was lined up to come out of the West. It was a lifestyle/personal choice but I'm sure he expects to be competitive and get better over the next 1-4 years.

None of those guys are coming BECAUSE of the roster. They'd be coming for a bigger reason but see enough in the roster to see what Lebron saw.

A lot of speculation about Durant wanting to come to NY. I am liking a traditional rebuild at this point but Durant might be the best player in the league at this point. Adding him would be amazing. I wouldn't if the Knicks could smoke the Nets 4 times a year and win the season series against the Celtics.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/1/2018  3:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:I’d also like to add how happy and surprised I am that Fiz has benched Trey and Kanter so early and gone with our younger players with upside as starters- was worried we’d have to wait until the last month or so

Agree on this as well. First coach in a long time to have the balls to sit the scrubs and give playing time to the kids.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime

11/1/2018  4:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:Bottomline on free agency is this - Durant, Leonard, Irving, Thompson or Middleton (Walker, Butler, Cousins... eh) will have to want to be the alpha dog in NY/the Garden like Lebron wanted LA.

A lot of speculation about Durant wanting to come to NY. I am liking a traditional rebuild at this point but Durant might be the best player in the league at this point. Adding him would be amazing. I wouldn't if the Knicks could smoke the Nets 4 times a year and win the season series against the Celtics.

i don't think any team has ever won with all drafted players. ALL rebuilding teams add veterans, and if you are, what's the downside of one of them being a top 5 player?

Knicks aren't letting KP go, or anyone worthwhile. There's no downside to adding a GREAT player.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/1/2018  4:04 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

i don't think any team has ever won with all drafted players. ALL rebuilding teams add veterans, and if you are, what's the downside of one of them being a top 5 player?

Knicks aren't letting KP go, or anyone worthwhile. There's no downside to adding a GREAT player.

I agree. Once the rumors heat up I will be all in and disappointed if it doesn't happen.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/1/2018  6:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I agree. Once the rumors heat up I will be all in and disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Durant already got his chips and he got and will continue to get his money. Him coming to NY and winning a chip in NY would do something extra for his legacy that he probably wouldn't get anywhere else. Not saying that he would choose this path, but he should def consider it.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
11/2/2018  5:13 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Durant already got his chips and he got and will continue to get his money. Him coming to NY and winning a chip in NY would do something extra for his legacy that he probably wouldn't get anywhere else. Not saying that he would choose this path, but he should def consider it.

I get the excitement of free agency and having max space, but if you take a realistic look at it, nearly all the big names are pretty much gone already:

KD- very unlikely he leaves the Warriors, I'm not going to be fooled again believing this stuff about him coming here because I went through it all with Lebron (same reasons were given at the time! Oh he wants the challenge, legacy etc It's just a recycled story)

Irving- already committed to the Celtics
Butler- will sign with whomever he is traded to
Leonard- will either stay with Raptors or go to the Clippers
Thompson- will stay with Golden state or go to Lakers
Kemba- wants to stay with the Hornets
Middleton- will likely stay with the Bucks since they are doing so well.

Draft is our best hope really, we definitely don't need 2 max slots this offseason because there is no way we're signing 2 max players.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/2/2018  9:41 AM
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I get the excitement of free agency and having max space, but if you take a realistic look at it, nearly all the big names are pretty much gone already:

KD- very unlikely he leaves the Warriors, I'm not going to be fooled again believing this stuff about him coming here because I went through it all with Lebron (same reasons were given at the time! Oh he wants the challenge, legacy etc It's just a recycled story)

Draft is our best hope really, we definitely don't need 2 max slots this offseason because there is no way we're signing 2 max players.

i'm kind of in this camp. I'd need to review the list of prospective free agents and focus on ones on our time line. We don't need someone 30 or older. Fools gold.

(5)(5)
martin
USA
11/2/2018  11:35 AM
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The one thing I would add is that reporters around the league have remarked that there is about as much buzz for Durant leaving GS as there was for LeBron leaving Cleveland. The Woj types, not the Berman type reporters

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/2/2018  2:18 PM
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

i'm kind of in this camp. I'd need to review the list of prospective free agents and focus on ones on our time line. We don't need someone 30 or older. Fools gold.

did a quick check

Durant is 30 now. Who would say no but he will be old at the end of any contract -- I'll pass.
Klay is 28 -- would take him; who wouldn't. I don't see him leaving unless he gets lowballed. Then I see him coming because I think he's got Big City all over him

Kawhi is 27 -- would be my dream. Have always admired his game, and personally like that he keeps quiet. No idea if he would come but he could get all the money

H.Barnes is 26. have always liked his game. He's not alpha (but that's KP's job anyway)
T.Harris is 26 -- ditto and local product.

And then there's

Randle (i can't believe he's still only 23)
Vonleh 23

I want to focus on guys who are good, dedicated to improving, and really all about the team.

(5)(5)
Knickoftime

11/2/2018  2:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2018  2:24 PM
Chandler wrote:Durant is 30 now. Who would say no but he will be old at the end of any contract -- I'll pass.

You would say no, apparently.

People need to adjust to the current CBA.

There isn't 6 and 7 year contracts anymore.

Max is 4 unless an unlikely S&T.

Kevin Durant wants to play with KP, Nitilikina, Knox, the 2019 draft pick, you say yes without a second thought.

C'mon now.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/2/2018  2:28 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The one thing I would add is that reporters around the league have remarked that there is about as much buzz for Durant leaving GS as there was for LeBron leaving Cleveland. The Woj types, not the Berman type reporters

I actually think KD comes here, and I think its in the 50/50 area. He stays there or he comes here. Why?
1) He has something to prove
2) He doesnt feel the love that other NBA players "get"
3) He's an instant hero in the biggest market
4) Financial upside
5) knows coaching staff
6) East isnt the

bla bla bla... we got a shot.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
11/2/2018  2:40 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Chandler wrote:Durant is 30 now. Who would say no but he will be old at the end of any contract -- I'll pass.

You would say no, apparently.

People need to adjust to the current CBA.

There isn't 6 and 7 year contracts anymore.

Max is 4 unless an unlikely S&T.

Kevin Durant wants to play with KP, Nitilikina, Knox, the 2019 draft pick, you say yes without a second thought.

C'mon now.

Yes. And to put this into perspective, LeBron will be 34 in another 2 months, Durant JUST turned 30 and literally has the body type and game that lasts.

Knickoftime

11/2/2018  2:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2018  2:41 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I actually think KD comes here, and I think its in the 50/50 area. He stays there or he comes here. Why?
1) He has something to prove
2) He doesnt feel the love that other NBA players "get"
3) He's an instant hero in the biggest market
4) Financial upside
5) knows coaching staff
6) East isnt the

bla bla bla... we got a shot.

I have no investment in not trying to look hopeful if it doesn't pan out. I'm enjoying the Knicks season and I enjoy entertaining the idea he may come. And if he doesn't, I'll enjoy whomever is playing for them next year too.

Win-win-win.

Game Thread: Pacers at Knicks - ESPN 8 PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy