[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Pacers at Knicks - ESPN 8 PM
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

11/1/2018  12:01 AM
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:We are close to being a pretty good team. Why did we put in lance over Mitch in the fourth. I watched Robinson a lot on defense and he was a main reason the pacers struggled a plus 4 while on the floor. Mitch is a beast disappointed he sat on the bench in the fourth.

Lottery positioning

Coach played it perfectly!!!

Ha True one loss closer to Zion

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/1/2018  12:03 AM
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:We are close to being a pretty good team. Why did we put in lance over Mitch in the fourth. I watched Robinson a lot on defense and he was a main reason the pacers struggled a plus 4 while on the floor. Mitch is a beast disappointed he sat on the bench in the fourth.

Lottery positioning

You don't think the 8 lottery picks we have on the team is enough, I guess if we strike out again in FA, we can always sign somebody else's draft bust..lol..

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/1/2018  12:05 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
martin wrote:

Lottery positioning

Ha True one loss closer to Zion

I’d prefer RJ Barrett but any top 5 works for me

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
11/1/2018  12:07 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Lottery positioning

You don't think the 8 lottery picks we have on the team is enough, I guess if we strike out again in FA, we can always sign somebody else's draft bust..lol..

Like 4 of those don’t really count and prob won’t be on team next year.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/1/2018  12:08 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Lottery positioning

I mean adding another good young talent is never a bad thing
martin
USA
11/1/2018  12:20 AM
martin
USA
11/1/2018  12:21 AM

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/1/2018  5:09 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Lottery positioning

I mean adding another good young talent is never a bad thing

It is in knicks1248 upside down world, where you can't rebuild via the draft and top picks are worthless because some teams use them poorly

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/1/2018  7:50 AM
The team needs to learn how to win..they are young. IT will come together with more time. This is the time a winner is built. Learning how to win close games, learning who to depend on, learning how to run sets, how to defend, how to focus.

MY hope is that they fight for a playoff spot but eventually just get a top 10 pick. Adding another young talent to this already young and talented team is crucial.

I think Vonleh is a keeper for a first big off the bench role. He competes on D, rebounding, has a handle, can shoot....not sure why it hasn't happened for him yet.
Dotson is a future keeper as a 3 and D guy off the bench or maybe more.
Hardaway is developing into a team leader. He has the pedigree, let's hope.
I like Frank - he will only get better. His shot wasnt falling tonight..and he forced a few but that is OK!!! espcially for him.
Robinson has a bright future
Trier will get better but the kid already has shown the ability to make things happen.
KP is coming back.
Add a top 10 pick - hopefully turns into a rotation player
add a top FA

I think the team is getting close to contending. Philadelphia went to contender real fast last year. I think it can and will happen in NY too. Next summer will determine how quick it happens.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/1/2018  8:02 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:The team needs to learn how to win..they are young. IT will come together with more time. This is the time a winner is built. Learning how to win close games, learning who to depend on, learning how to run sets, how to defend, how to focus.

MY hope is that they fight for a playoff spot but eventually just get a top 10 pick. Adding another young talent to this already young and talented team is crucial.

I think Vonleh is a keeper for a first big off the bench role. He competes on D, rebounding, has a handle, can shoot....not sure why it hasn't happened for him yet.
Dotson is a future keeper as a 3 and D guy off the bench or maybe more.
Hardaway is developing into a team leader. He has the pedigree, let's hope.
I like Frank - he will only get better. His shot wasnt falling tonight..and he forced a few but that is OK!!! espcially for him.
Robinson has a bright future
Trier will get better but the kid already has shown the ability to make things happen.
KP is coming back.
Add a top 10 pick - hopefully turns into a rotation player
add a top FA

I think the team is getting close to contending. Philadelphia went to contender real fast last year. I think it can and will happen in NY too. Next summer will determine how quick it happens.

good post. I was admittedly a big skeptic of the Vonleh signing, and am super happy with him. Think he can start (if we want him to -- separate question). He can handle the ball, shoot, defend, rebound.

Fizz has his good moments. Motivational. Courage in starting such a young line up. But he too needs to show or grow. He doesn't have LBJ and Wade to close as was the case in Miami. He doesn't have Gasol and Conley. (Kanter might be this year's version of Gasol -- not that i care much on that)

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/1/2018  8:14 AM
It was a pleasure to hear JVG for a change praise the knicks and he made some good points. Especially that Clee is not playing and NY will accept a hard working team rebuilding. This team did not have on the floor cornerstone KP and Knox. Yet they took a strong deep Indy team deep into the 4th quarter. We could not top them inside and Sabonis played insane. Second unit with Burke and Trier was not able to provide momentum for the rest of the period. Indy is good! Knicks are losing to better teams. I like what I saw for the most part. Dotson is playing a good role and Timmy is continueing his good play. Foundational building blocks are evolving.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/1/2018  10:18 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:This was a terrible line up, THJ is the only scorer on the court, couldn't even run a screen

what are you talking about...the other 2 big men were not playing well

dude right away you think im singling out frank...LMAO

I said the line up, and THJ..Not everything is about Frank..get a grip

Tht line up sucked, nobody could really create their own shot, but THJ and no one really moves to get open..Actually frank can create his own shot, but i often will he do, and lance is a fckng waist, preach that leadership in a damn suit on the sideline

huh you need to get a grip...when did i say something about frank in my post. you ASSumed (see what i did there) that i was talking about frank when i was in fact talking about the big men. this is because in your mind, i cannot make any non-frank related posts. smh.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/1/2018  10:22 AM
martin wrote:

what a diva...aint no one asked him about how he's feeling or that "i heard you have bronchitis etc". he volunteered that information so that he can get the "oh look he had bronchitis but he still played so well and hit the game winning dagger"
bitch please.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/1/2018  10:25 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

what a diva...aint no one asked him about how he's feeling or that "i heard you have bronchitis etc". he volunteered that information so that he can get the "oh look he had bronchitis but he still played so well and hit the game winning dagger"
bitch please.

Reminds me of the Scottie Pippen migraine against Detroit. We have all probably played sick at one point
smackeddog
11/1/2018  11:40 AM
Next 4 games are actually quite winnable- Mavs, Wizards (who have chemistry issues), Bulls and Hawks.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/1/2018  11:45 AM
smackeddog wrote:Next 4 games are actually quite winnable- Mavs, Wizards (who have chemistry issues), Bulls and Hawks.

So Hardaway should fake getting flu-like symptoms, is what you are saying?

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/1/2018  2:07 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

bitch please.

Lol yea, VO is full of s h I t. He’s always been a chucker. Between frank and mitch he was having a hard time getting open looks... really want Mitch out there more he is a beast on defense and a nightmare for the oppositions game plan .

No more LT please, the guy is a solid practice player. Nothing more nothing less

smackeddog
11/1/2018  2:10 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Next 4 games are actually quite winnable- Mavs, Wizards (who have chemistry issues), Bulls and Hawks.

So Hardaway should fake getting flu-like symptoms, is what you are saying?

I'm saying it's time to start trey Burke and mario

MS
Member: #724
11/1/2018  2:37 PM
I think this is best case scenario. Compete, play hard and lose games. It's obviously nice for the kids to get some wins under their belt, but what we are seeing free agents see as well.

Trier is going to be a terrific 6th man off the bench.

Dotson has Danny Green/Bowen with more offense written all over him.

Robinson is challenging shots and will become an elite rim protector once his body fills out.

Frank is becoming a capable starter and once he figures out how to consistently knock down a jumper he will average 14 in his sleep with the length he has over other point guards.

Hardaway if he plays within himself and doesn't just chuck up threes, continues to find the open man and picks his spots can be a third scorer on a very good contending team.

Voleah it's too bad we didn't lock him to a multi year deal, because he competes, is blue collar and tough, perfect forward to come off the bench.

That right there without Knox, KP and a draft selection is 6 solid rotation players with unique skill sets.

Would like to see Knox come off the bench and not start when he comes back, allocate Mario and Lance Thomas's minutes there and really play the rotation of kids.

Future looks in the right place finally.

martin
USA
11/1/2018  2:43 PM
MS wrote:I think this is best case scenario. Compete, play hard and lose games. It's obviously nice for the kids to get some wins under their belt, but what we are seeing free agents see as well.

Trier is going to be a terrific 6th man off the bench.

Dotson has Danny Green/Bowen with more offense written all over him.

Robinson is challenging shots and will become an elite rim protector once his body fills out.

Frank is becoming a capable starter and once he figures out how to consistently knock down a jumper he will average 14 in his sleep with the length he has over other point guards.

Hardaway if he plays within himself and doesn't just chuck up threes, continues to find the open man and picks his spots can be a third scorer on a very good contending team.

Voleah it's too bad we didn't lock him to a multi year deal, because he competes, is blue collar and tough, perfect forward to come off the bench.

That right there without Knox, KP and a draft selection is 6 solid rotation players with unique skill sets.

Would like to see Knox come off the bench and not start when he comes back, allocate Mario and Lance Thomas's minutes there and really play the rotation of kids.

Future looks in the right place finally.

I'm all aboard this train

Game Thread: Pacers at Knicks - ESPN 8 PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy