[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: 730pm v Brooklyn
Author Thread
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
10/30/2018  10:30 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
codeunknown wrote:Looks like early returns show Frank not wilting at the hands of Fizdale’s abuse.

Seriously? Ok PC Principal. He's been playing pro ball for a while...he can handle his coach screaming at him once in a while.

You’re a little slow on the uptake when it comes to sarcasm. This comment derives from the previous game thread.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2018  10:30 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Great game last night. Franks second game in which he looked like the PG of the future. Love his aggressiveness on offense. Starting to not hesitate. The way he played in the 1st quarter was awesome. I wanted his shots per game to be around 15. Think if he adds a few more drives and trips to the foul line he will be putting up great numbers. Timmy has also shown that his contract is worth it thus far. Something I did not think would be possible. Got the team involved, rebounded and played tough D. Good two see these two panning out.

Anxious to see the progression from all that comes from Fizdales involvement.

welcome to the Frank fanclub. I'm fishmike, rush chairman and I am damn glad to meet you. This is a safe place!

People dont understand. He did not grow up like our players. The sports culture is different there. Its going to take time to peel away some of those layers before this kid really goes hunting for his own shots.

Gotta say when Dotson and Frank are hitting shots they look like a sick combo at the 1/2. Two physical guys who can switch and guard multiple spots and really give you problems on D.

Most of all I am so thrilled with Fizdale. Obviously I love Frank so seeing him thriving here under Fizdale is huge, but bottom line is you gotta love the way guys are playing. He really isnt coaching for Ws and Ls and at the same time he's certainly not tanking. He wants these guys to win, but isnt taking shortcuts.

So much fun. Cant wait for Knox to come back. I was starting to see him make some plays on D and hit some shots also.... **** timing.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/30/2018  10:34 AM
codeunknown wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
codeunknown wrote:Looks like early returns show Frank not wilting at the hands of Fizdale’s abuse.

Seriously? Ok PC Principal. He's been playing pro ball for a while...he can handle his coach screaming at him once in a while.

You’re a little slow on the uptake when it comes to sarcasm. This comment derives from the previous game thread.

oh... lol my bad

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/30/2018  10:49 AM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Great game last night. Franks second game in which he looked like the PG of the future. Love his aggressiveness on offense. Starting to not hesitate. The way he played in the 1st quarter was awesome. I wanted his shots per game to be around 15. Think if he adds a few more drives and trips to the foul line he will be putting up great numbers. Timmy has also shown that his contract is worth it thus far. Something I did not think would be possible. Got the team involved, rebounded and played tough D. Good two see these two panning out.

welcome to the Frank fanclub. I'm fishmike, rush chairman and I am damn glad to meet you. This is a safe place!

People dont understand. He did not grow up like our players. The sports culture is different there. Its going to take time to peel away some of those layers before this kid really goes hunting for his own shots.

Gotta say when Dotson and Frank are hitting shots they look like a sick combo at the 1/2. Two physical guys who can switch and guard multiple spots and really give you problems on D.

Most of all I am so thrilled with Fizdale. Obviously I love Frank so seeing him thriving here under Fizdale is huge, but bottom line is you gotta love the way guys are playing. He really isnt coaching for Ws and Ls and at the same time he's certainly not tanking. He wants these guys to win, but isnt taking shortcuts.

So much fun. Cant wait for Knox to come back. I was starting to see him make some plays on D and hit some shots also.... **** timing.

The other thing about Frank and Dot is they rebound. Larry Bird used to think rebounding back court was one of the key things to success.

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/30/2018  10:53 AM
fishmike wrote:

Easy Mike. You may have some of us bringing up some of your other Knick fandoms.
I am happy that many of you were right about Frank. (Don't want to jinx it) He went from a shaky legged fawn to one showing many signs of real fawn antlers. Hope he continues to prove some of us wrong.

The thing that has changed my opinion the most about him is how he has taken on the challenges of big competition. And shown real toughness in those match ups. Ie. Lebron, Irving, and recently Curry and KD. Like the grit he shows when faced with the task.

You bring up a good point about Euro players being more team oriented. However, some of us took the many examples of how Euro players just did not pan out in spite of some claiming the same. But again, don't want to jinx it and hope Frank continues to be one of the few Euro's that have successfully morphed into the NBA game.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/30/2018  11:07 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Easy Mike. You may have some of us bringing up some of your other Knick fandoms.
I am happy that many of you were right about Frank. (Don't want to jinx it) He went from a shaky legged fawn to one showing many signs of real fawn antlers. Hope he continues to prove some of us wrong.

The thing that has changed my opinion the most about him is how he has taken on the challenges of big competition. And shown real toughness in those match ups. Ie. Lebron, Irving, and recently Curry and KD. Like the grit he shows when faced with the task.

You bring up a good point about Euro players being more team oriented. However, some of us took the many examples of how Euro players just did not pan out in spite of some claiming the same. But again, don't want to jinx it and hope Frank continues to be one of the few Euro's that have successfully morphed into the NBA game.

I think a lot has to do with age. Last year he was so young and getting used to the toughest league coming from Europe is an adjustment. He is still young but he has picked up a lot of things. Also getting stronger and growing more hasnt hurt. Also pg is his natural position. Sure he can play the 2 or 3 when you need him to but pg is where he feels most comfortable on both ends
fishmike
USA
10/30/2018  11:30 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

bring em up. I am never afraid to admit Im wrong. I am assuming its a Phil reference but end of day Phil was a pivotal growing pain. He left us a mixed bag of goodness (Frank/KP/Dot) and utter trash (Noah/Mel/etc) but Phil somehow got Dolan out of the picture and if this franchise ha lasting success that will be the turning point. Phil was stop gap, we needed to do better and could and did. I could not be happier with Fizdale/Perry.

It looks like we are getting it right. We are ALL getting what we wanted and its nice. We all just wanted to see a young athletic team with some lottery talent fighting every night while we try to build something.

This is what a true rebuild looks like. Seeing guys like Mitch, Trier, Frank, Dotson, Knox, etc... you keep running them out there and they are all getting better. There will be setbacks man this is fun. Hofstra I know you go to the garden. I love hearing your turn the corner on Frank. Not because of anyone being right or wrong, because I know were a skeptic and you praising Frank's development means something extra to this poster

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/30/2018  11:47 AM
Knicks have incrementally been moving in the right direction since phil came. he had to tear it down, made mistake of trying to be relevant with Rose and Noah, but drafting upside was important. KP and Frank are good examples. Mills is refining the process.
We have a coach who is still learning. He made a mistake in Memphis and Im sure he'll make others here tool. They learn and evolve also.
Frank is incrementally improving and has been for some time. Same for THjr.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/30/2018  12:15 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:

He gets so much hate for his contract, but this guy has improved every single season and this year is looking to earn every penny he is getting. He is the go-to guy and he knows it. He looks to lead us offensively. But he is also aware that this is a young team and that for him to be a leader, he has to contribute in other aspects trying his best. So far, he is looking to share the ball more and is also rebounding well. His defense is a work in progress, but Fiz is giving him the chance and he isn't backing away from it, even owning his mistakes when he makes them.

Kudos for Timmy and his strong start of the season. Hopefully he will keep it up and become a steady second option when KP comes back.

He defended Levert pretty well

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/30/2018  12:23 PM
- defense was outstanding (particularly the 1st unit with guards fighting over all screens, rotations super solid and Vonleh/Mitch patrolling the paint plus hanging tough when switched on guards.
- once Frank can get himself 2 or 3 gimmy buckets each night his shooting % should climb -- right now most everything in on the perimeter (would love to see him sneak a few bunnies)
- one key point on starting unit and Frank ---- with Hardaway the 1 (only) dominant scorer Frank isn't deferring but is almost forced to take on a larger scoring role. He can't just dump it down to either Robinson or Vonleh like he could/would with Kanter and Dotson is tight with Frank and doesn't freeze him out (really like Frank/Dot/Vonleh defensively together).
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/30/2018  12:31 PM
If Mitch is indeed this vocal about defense, it's just an astounding thing to image the growth from there.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/30/2018  12:33 PM

Yup, didnt know if Frank would pull through. Frank understands that he cant let his D slip, thats what got him there. Best thing Ive seen from Frank are the quick decisions.

When the MSG crew said Frank was 3 for 11, thought who cares? Frank is shooting and not forcing it up either. Hard pressed to find a post where I complained about his FG pct. Frank is shooting, thats great.

Frank got better at driving and dishing as well because they had to respect his offense.

Would have preferred that Frank soundly beat Burke for the starting job, still glad Frank has put two solid games together. The fact that the next one didnt come 3 weeks later is a good sign.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/30/2018  1:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2018  1:52 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

bring em up. I am never afraid to admit Im wrong. I am assuming its a Phil reference but end of day Phil was a pivotal growing pain. He left us a mixed bag of goodness (Frank/KP/Dot) and utter trash (Noah/Mel/etc) but Phil somehow got Dolan out of the picture and if this franchise ha lasting success that will be the turning point. Phil was stop gap, we needed to do better and could and did. I could not be happier with Fizdale/Perry.

It looks like we are getting it right. We are ALL getting what we wanted and its nice. We all just wanted to see a young athletic team with some lottery talent fighting every night while we try to build something.

This is what a true rebuild looks like. Seeing guys like Mitch, Trier, Frank, Dotson, Knox, etc... you keep running them out there and they are all getting better. There will be setbacks man this is fun. Hofstra I know you go to the garden. I love hearing your turn the corner on Frank. Not because of anyone being right or wrong, because I know were a skeptic and you praising Frank's development means something extra to this poster

Nah.. wont bring those up. We have a good vibe going.

In terms of Phil ever being a good thing. We will continue to disagree. Picks mentioned would have been duplicated by just having Gaines. Think Dolan had already realized that maybe he was better at donut competitions and the occasional band gig than running the Knicks. Don't think Phil started or would have changed that. But yes, never complained about Dolan giving up control. However, I did complain about how Dolan, in true Dolan form, managed to starfruck things up by picking a guy/system better known for coaching back in the 90's, had no FO experience and did not come with a couple of guys named Jordan or Kobe. I correlated it to the story I once heard of a fat little boy who had an eating disorder, bad case of the runs, and hideous skin disorders whos parents finally realized may have a problem but only to go out and hire a veterinarian from a small town in Mexico who specialized in goats back in the 50's to help him. Too specific? And yes that fat little boy is Dolan. Phil ultimately proved what I knew would be the case. He was not the right guy for a true rebuild. Nor did he have a system suited for success in todays NBA.

But like you said, regardless, I love where we are heading. Now if we stay here for the next three years with a handful of annual wins and talking about how much potential our young guys have. It wont be pretty and we can just call ourselves the good ole Knicks again.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/30/2018  1:09 PM
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

The other thing about Frank and Dot is they rebound. Larry Bird used to think rebounding back court was one of the key things to success.

+1

Both good rebounders as well as defenders.

The future is getting a bit clearer...just need a healthy KP and then the right player in Free Agency.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/30/2018  1:17 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

oh... lol my bad

Re the Fiz yelling thing, didn't see how Fiz unloaded on Frank in the 3rd quarter of GSW game as Marv posted about, and when I watched the 3rd quarter again I don't know why he would have yelled about him from my naked eye, but I squint a lot.

Saw Fiz get after Vonleh (and strangely I wanna pronounce this as Vandelay, as in Seinfeld Vandelay Industries) a bunch too and I think he wants to put a high level effort zeal into these guys when it comes to defense. 48 minutes a game, every second of every play. May not get after every player like he did with these 2, but with players who he knows can put the lockdown on opposing players, he really ups the ante.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/30/2018  2:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2018  2:36 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I think a lot has to do with age. Last year he was so young and getting used to the toughest league coming from Europe is an adjustment. He is still young but he has picked up a lot of things. Also getting stronger and growing more hasnt hurt. Also pg is his natural position. Sure he can play the 2 or 3 when you need him to but pg is where he feels most comfortable on both ends

Yeah, he missed summer league and training camp last year and was playing against Ramon Session and Jack in practice. Jack was great and I wished we had him as a player/coach this year. But those aren't guys you can guage the effectiveness of your moves against. I think the fact that he's had a season and summer league has been key. Plus, he always looks good against the Nets. People wrote off Gary Payton's comments before the season about needing years to build up confidence on offense, but they were appropriate in this case. Knicks Film School recently posted a video showing that many of the moves Frank used against GSW we're the same moves he used when he blew up for his national team in the U-18 Eurotournament a few years ago. The NBA is a huge adjustment for anybody. At the very least, we can say he has more offensive skills than Marcus Smart lol
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
10/30/2018  3:35 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Yeah, he missed summer league and training camp last year and was playing against Ramon Session and Jack in practice. Jack was great and I wished we had him as a player/coach this year. But those aren't guys you can guage the effectiveness of your moves against. I think the fact that he's had a season and summer league has been key. Plus, he always looks good against the Nets. People wrote off Gary Payton's comments before the season about needing years to build up confidence on offense, but they were appropriate in this case. Knicks Film School recently posted a video showing that many of the moves Frank used against GSW we're the same moves he used when he blew up for his national team in the U-18 Eurotournament a few years ago. The NBA is a huge adjustment for anybody. At the very least, we can say he has more offensive skills than Marcus Smart lol
I saw that video, and its candy because they are correlating who he used to be to who he's becoming and its the same guy, just here. Well that "guy" won tourney MVP, dominated on both sides and was quickly regarded as one of EUs top prospects. The he played a year of pro ball and we sas a lot of that last year. He's 20 now. I mean he's got talent. Maybe he's not an all star, maybe he's just good but hopefully he's at least an all NBA type defender.

Bottom line is Frank is showing improvement and against top NBA talent. Suddenly PG of the future isnt insane. Obviously there is tons to prove. But with Frank thriving, Trier looking like a legit scorer and all around contributor, Robinson, KP, Knox, Dotson, Timmy... all these guys getting better is great. Its also tough to get better at PG when you play with mostly guys who get their own shot. Dotson, TH, Meech, Von... all these guys look best when someone else gets them the ball. Dont think that is by accident. Frank isnt getting tons of assists but he's moving the ball well and looking good in this very basic offense

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/31/2018  11:04 AM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

oh... lol my bad

Re the Fiz yelling thing, didn't see how Fiz unloaded on Frank in the 3rd quarter of GSW game as Marv posted about, and when I watched the 3rd quarter again I don't know why he would have yelled about him from my naked eye, but I squint a lot.

Saw Fiz get after Vonleh (and strangely I wanna pronounce this as Vandelay, as in Seinfeld Vandelay Industries) a bunch too and I think he wants to put a high level effort zeal into these guys when it comes to defense. 48 minutes a game, every second of every play. May not get after every player like he did with these 2, but with players who he knows can put the lockdown on opposing players, he really ups the ante.

Maybe he's focusing on people who can actually perform on defense

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GameThread: 730pm v Brooklyn

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy