meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/3/2018  11:15 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Vmart wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:Not a fan of anyone getting a shot at pg. It’s Franks and no one should interfere with his development.

Based on what I have seen from Mudiay, I have to agree. The more we experiment the less these guys develop into their roles. But I also think everyone deserves a shot. So not really sure how I feel about this overall.

This how you also destroy careers that are promising all in the name of chance. Mudiay got his shot when he was in Denver. It didn’t happen for him then and it 99% won’t happen for him here. Now is Fizz willing to lose Frank for this so called chance for Mudiay. Absolutely would be a dumb move by Fizz.

You got your best player on the floor playing his position already why f around for shyts and giggles.

How would we lose Frank? Not starting for a few games would destroy his career? Let em show us what they got, and the best Point guard win.

This. I think there is a chance the Knicks lose Burke though. I feel like Trier is better when he isn't paired with Burke.
Mudiay looked great last night. I didn't think he would play like an NBA player ever again.

Still early on Mudiay and I didn't think he could play in the NBA either. Not sure he can sustain it, time will tell

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/3/2018  11:28 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Vmart wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:Not a fan of anyone getting a shot at pg. It’s Franks and no one should interfere with his development.

Based on what I have seen from Mudiay, I have to agree. The more we experiment the less these guys develop into their roles. But I also think everyone deserves a shot. So not really sure how I feel about this overall.

This how you also destroy careers that are promising all in the name of chance. Mudiay got his shot when he was in Denver. It didn’t happen for him then and it 99% won’t happen for him here. Now is Fizz willing to lose Frank for this so called chance for Mudiay. Absolutely would be a dumb move by Fizz.

You got your best player on the floor playing his position already why f around for shyts and giggles.

How would we lose Frank? Not starting for a few games would destroy his career? Let em show us what they got, and the best Point guard win.

This. I think there is a chance the Knicks lose Burke though. I feel like Trier is better when he isn't paired with Burke.
Mudiay looked great last night. I didn't think he would play like an NBA player ever again.

Still early on Mudiay and I didn't think he could play in the NBA either. Not sure he can sustain it, time will tell

Good Point. Happy for Mudiay but honestly its his only strong game he has had since we acquired him so he needs to string some more impressive ones together before we give him that spot
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2018  11:44 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Vmart wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Two big things in his favor, he seems to have his confidence back and he is in much better shape. The way he pushes the pace and his passing are not something the other points have.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/3/2018  11:49 AM
I don't think we ready to hand him the keys but this is what Fiz saw over the summer.
Lots of questions as to him staying healthy and prove he can sustain.
His play will talk more than our questions!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/3/2018  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2018  12:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Vmart wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Two big things in his favor, he seems to have his confidence back and he is in much better shape. The way he pushes the pace and his passing are not something the other points have.

Agree on the speed. I think Frank had good vision and can pas pretty well, our bigs have unfortunately fumbled a lot of good passes from him. When KP was playing he would make some really nice pases to him.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/3/2018  12:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2018  12:46 PM
Chandler wrote:I have been down on Mudiay since before we got him. Last night he made me look foolish. Being a knick fan i'm more interested in team success than my being right. I hope he can string some of these good outings together and stay under control with his shot -- which is one thing i noticed last night. No dribble in the paint, start to dribble out, and then some weird turn around off balance thing. Keep it going E!

I don't know who was wearing Mudiays jersey last night but that was not Emmanuel. Maybe he was taken by the pod-people. I've never seen him move that quickly. He looked, lean, quick, and strong

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/3/2018  4:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2018  4:56 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Chandler wrote:I have been down on Mudiay since before we got him. Last night he made me look foolish. Being a knick fan i'm more interested in team success than my being right. I hope he can string some of these good outings together and stay under control with his shot -- which is one thing i noticed last night. No dribble in the paint, start to dribble out, and then some weird turn around off balance thing. Keep it going E!

I don't know who was wearing Mudiays jersey last night but that was not Emmanuel. Maybe he was taken by the pod-people. I've never seen him move that quickly. He looked, lean, quick, and strong

That version of Mudiay is the best point guard on this team, hands down. He's the most athletic, the quickest with the ball, best passer, best vision and best rebounder of the bunch. Confidence and a reliable jumper stand in the way of him being a legit starter in this league. He played with confidence last night...if he keeps it up, he is half way there...

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/3/2018  5:34 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

Yeah, what the heck, he looked completely different and so much quicker. I don't understand what happened!

reub
Member: #6227

11/3/2018  5:42 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Yeah, what the heck, he looked completely different and so much quicker. I don't understand what happened!

He looked good in his first game for us last year too. But he definitely gives us something that our other point guards don't.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2018  9:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I think he has lost a lot of weight. Also, I think being coached by Fiz and his staff has to have helped him. He seemed confident and quick.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
Member: #748
11/4/2018  2:36 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I think he has lost a lot of weight. Also, I think being coached by Fiz and his staff has to have helped him. He seemed confident and quick.

Well....we have several former PGs on the coaching staff. Fitz was a PG in college. I'm sure they sure something we didnt.....that he had to tweak. weight loss is part of it.

I believe hes the only player on the roster who has prior experience as a NBA starting PG. But I think his best position right now is backup....or how you impact on defense. See if hes consistant.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/4/2018  1:41 PM
blkexec wrote:I believe hes the only player on the roster who has prior experience as a NBA starting PG. But I think his best position right now is backup....or how you impact on defense. See if hes consistant.

Burke started his first couple of years in Utah, for whatever that's worth. As for Mudiay's best position, that remains to be seen. A decent three point shot could take his career in directions that we never thought we're possible.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/4/2018  10:22 PM
Nalod wrote:

He is not making you look foolish because we are not professionals nor fully understand what he did this summer. Work out videos don't tell the story. Fiz and other know what they see and yes perry acquired him with an idea of potential. We not out of the woods but as fans we go with our eyes mostly. Some fans get locked in too much. We all do.
Fiz himself only has one and a part of season as head coach. He has a lot of upside as well.
WE are so used to the Brandon Jennings type cast of hype and disappointment that we forget guys do and can improve!!
Lets hope he can do this and the Craig Robinson special sauce of player development is for real!!!

The Knicks starting PG job was up for grabs this offseason.

If Mudiay wanted it, he should have taken it with his play. He's not getting some burn because he's earned it with some kind of awesome play. He's getting burn because the Knicks have no one else on the roster. That's it.

The only "story" that matters is the job was up for grabs and Mudiay didn't seize the moment, didn't seize the opportunity. In pro sports, you only get so many chances. People don't really understand that about Linsanity. Lin didn't just break out, he was ****ing waiting for his shot. When it came, he was ready. He knew he wasn't playing so he used his energy to keep training and get extra coaching on his shooting and working with Kenny Atkinson and Eric Musselman.

Tired of the "Well if Mudiay did this.." Fucker should have DONE ALL THAT ALREADY. Work on his shooting? Should have done that since the day he walked into the league. Worked on his D? Should have worked tirelessly on that. Physical condition? Should be on full burn all the time.

One of my college coaches used to always say, if you want to go out and **** hot ass college chicks, totally tag those cheap slutty sorority thots, you can't just dragging your ass around looking like a homeless guy. You gotta be on point. Be clean. Be sharp. Get your hair right. Get your clothes right. Because you never know. You might run into someone after a game. Or on the street. Or in a class. You don't know, so always be ready. He said being ready as a football player was the same damn thing. Always be on point. Always be ready. Some ****head is gonna blow out his knee and it's next mother****ing man up. He said know your playbook. Be on time. Get your food right. Your lifting right. Get your class **** in order. Get your sleep right. Stay hungry. And when your moment comes, you pounce on that ****.

Mudiay doesn't look like he gives a ****. Maybe if he did, he wouldn't fall down so much.

People keep talking about the coaches "giving him an opportunity" You aren't gonna be given ****. You go out and take it.

Lin played like every minute would be his last in the league. Doesn't even have 1/10th the physical talent of Mudiay. Does anyone see Mudiay playing like his life depended on it?

Mudiay just doesn't want it badly enough. It is often that simple.

Welpee
Member: #6239

11/4/2018  10:51 PM
Also didn't hurt that Jeremy Lin played for a coach notorious for making point guards look better than they really were. Ray Felton was a boardline all-star under D'Antoni. Steve Nash became a two time MVP. Friggin Chris Duhon had a 22 assist game under D'Antoni.

It's also interesting that Lin and Mudiay's stats are virtually identical four years into their careers. Yet, because of those 2 unexpected Linsanity weeks the perception of him has become blown way out of proportions.

BigDaddyG

11/5/2018  2:27 AM
Welpee wrote:Also didn't hurt that Jeremy Lin played for a coach notorious for making point guards look better than they really were. Ray Felton was a boardline all-star under D'Antoni. Steve Nash became a two time MVP. Friggin Chris Duhon had a 22 assist game under D'Antoni.

It's also interesting that Lin and Mudiay's stats are virtually identical four years into their careers. Yet, because of those 2 unexpected Linsanity weeks the perception of him has become blown way out of proportions.

In what regard? Lin's stats have been better across the board, even if you take out the "Linsanity" season. Mudiay has yet to put together a season that would even be considered decent.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/5/2018  11:26 AM
Mudiay was back to his crazy ways again. Perhaps the one good game went to his head.

He needs to eliminate from his thinking anything like a step back or euro step. He always misses no matter how close to the rim.

(5)(5)
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/5/2018  11:54 AM
Welpee wrote:Also didn't hurt that Jeremy Lin played for a coach notorious for making point guards look better than they really were. Ray Felton was a boardline all-star under D'Antoni. Steve Nash became a two time MVP. Friggin Chris Duhon had a 22 assist game under D'Antoni.

The point being if you don't make it in professional sports, you want to be able to say to yourself you did everything you could. You left nothing in the tank. You put in 250 percent all the time. You hit your max and maybe it just wasn't good enough.

I seriously want dudes here to watch more of Patrick Beverly and, past times, Chuck Hayes. Dudes who just plain wanted it bad enough. They played like if they failed, their kids would starve.

People keep pushing some Fizdale quote where he says Mudiay came in good shape. That's actually not a compliment. You are supposed to already be in elite shape. That's your ****ing job. Enough of this giving credit to guys for doing what they should be doing anyway. It's called being a professional.

What did Chris Rock say? That it drives him crazy when other black men come up to him and tell him , "I take care of my kids!" Then Rock says, "You are supposed to take care of your kids, you stupid mother****er. What do you want? A cookie?"

This is not just a sports concept, but a life one - If you are a man, no one gives you **** in this life. You have to go out and make it and take it on your own.

You watch guys like Beverly and Hayes, they simply played in a way where you couldn't take them off the floor. It's like are daring everyone. Go ahead mother****er, try and take me off this Goddamn floor.

Anyone see that kind of urgency from Mudiay? Then he can go **** himself. You put on that beloved Knicks jersey, it should mean something. This is why occasionally coaches like to see players fight. Because it's about "Come At Me, Bro" and being relentless as a competitor.

Some dudes here just want to give Mudiay a ****ing cookie. Jesus H Christ.

Welpee
Member: #6239

11/5/2018  11:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2018  11:57 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

In what regard? Lin's stats have been better across the board, even if you take out the "Linsanity" season. Mudiay has yet to put together a season that would even be considered decent.
Mudiay is in his 4th season. Compare his stats to Lin four years into his career:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Jeremy+Lin&player_id1_select=Jeremy+Lin&player_id1=linje01&y1=2014&player_id2_hint=Emmanuel+Mudiay&player_id2_select=Emmanuel+Mudiay&y2=2019&player_id2=mudiaem01&idx=players

Not a lot of difference between the guy portrayed to have worked hard and was ready for his opportunity and the guy portrayed as being the opposite.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/5/2018  12:48 PM
Welpee wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Mudiay is in his 4th season. Compare his stats to Lin four years into his career:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Jeremy+Lin&player_id1_select=Jeremy+Lin&player_id1=linje01&y1=2014&player_id2_hint=Emmanuel+Mudiay&player_id2_select=Emmanuel+Mudiay&y2=2019&player_id2=mudiaem01&idx=players

Not a lot of difference between the guy portrayed to have worked hard and was ready for his opportunity and the guy portrayed as being the opposite.

Knick fans love underdogs. Lin was the quintessential under dog. The fact he looked like some kid in NYC, made him more of a fan favorite. He has gone to show that he is just another mediocre PG at best. Some on here have not given up on the dream they were in for a couple of weeks.

The difference, imo. between Mudiay and Lin, is that Mudiay has a NBA build and more talent. Question is, is that enough to make him a good NBA PG? If you compare him to our current options at PG, he is probably one of the best. But that is not saying much.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG

11/5/2018  1:06 PM
Welpee wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

There is a difference if you look at fg%, Vorp, PER, BPM, Win Shares etc. The full picture shows onenguy who is a legitimate NBA rotation player and another guy who's substandard. The comparison isn't that close.
Fiz, Mudiay will eventually get a chance to start at point guard

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy