[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fiz, Mudiay will eventually get a chance to start at point guard
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/30/2018  6:13 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I can't believe how many people don't want to see what Mudiay can or cannot do with an opportunity. Unlike some of our other projects, we invested something into Mudiay. I wan to know 100% for sure if this guy is the scrub that he appears to be. If you let him start once he's healthy and he scrubs it out, I don't think Mudiay sticks around that much longer. So its a win-win. Maybe by some act of God Mudiay turns into the player Larry Brown told everyone he'd become. Or maybe he looks like the out-of-shape trrbl basketball player I know. Either way, I see figuring this out definitively - sooner than later - as a good thing

Most people think it was already figured out before he became a Knick.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/30/2018  6:22 PM
For now maybe he should be eased into being the first guard of the bench. Along with Kanter and Trey he will have a second unit that will let him rack up assists, score what he can do on defense and show his scoring prowess. Until he does that he isn't as good as Dotson and Frank. If Kanter can come off the bench with the second unit so can Mudiay. And maybe that's what his role ends up being and Burke is the one who gets cut but between the two of them one of them needs to go. Personally I would rather have Burke than Mudiay but that's just me.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/31/2018  5:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2018  5:47 AM
Can someone explain what Mudiay is supposed to be good at?
He can't Shoot
He can't defend
He can't finish at the rim
He isn't athletic
and he has a low Basketball IQ
I'm not sure what else we need to see.
Dude just sucks
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/31/2018  10:11 AM
I think much is being made out of a simple quote. The truth is that this is a team in a transitional year where most of our starting lineup is made of rookies and young players. That means that nothing is set in stone: everything is earned. That’s the way it should be and Fiz is approaching this the right way.

Right now, our starting lineup is made 100% of guys that earned their way there with their defense and their effort both on practice and in games. Fiz has let them all know that if you earn it, you keep it. So Frank has nothing to worry about as long as he keeps working hard and improving.

Mudiay will have his chance to contribute to the team. Not giving him one is illogical no matter what. Will that be with the starting lineup? Only if he takes it away from Frank, which would mean that Frank has regressed and the way he is working, I don’t see that happening even if he hits a rough stretch shooting.

So in the end, if this starting lineup keeps working hard, the only changes that will come is when our two big guns (Knox and KP) come back. And even then, Dotson and Vonleh will keep getting minutes. Mudiay can earn them if he proves his worth. If he is as bad as some of you make him to be, he will not play. But not giving him a chance and calling him a lost cause given his age and NBA experience would not make sense.

Knicks_Fan
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/31/2018  10:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2018  10:15 AM
Jmpasq wrote:Can someone explain what Mudiay is supposed to be good at?
He can't Shoot
He can't defend
He isn't athletic
Dude just sucks

This.
If the guy wasn't a first round pick, he'd be Chris Smith.
Did we ever start Chris Smith?

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/31/2018  10:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2018  10:50 AM
jrodmc wrote:
He can't Shoot
He can't defend
He isn't athletic
Dude just sucks

This.
If the guy wasn't a first round pick, he'd be Chris Smith.
Did we ever start Chris Smith?

Big differences between Mudiay and Smith.....Mudiay can dunk with two hands. Is not the brother of JR Smith

Agree that he is getting more of a look becuase he is a former lotto pick. But he should. He is also under contract through 2020. The team has shown they are focused on giving some young athletes, that have failed to shine, a chance. Why not him? Shit, Vonleh has been the biggest surprise this year. He should be in India right now. Burke last year. Why not give Mudiay a chance? Its not like we are benching anyone substantial for him.

Agree he has not lived up to potential or is anyone that has shown to be an important asset to a playoff team. But we can say that about most of our current roster. And they are showing it was worth the shot.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

10/31/2018  10:48 AM
He can't Shoot
He can't defend
He isn't athletic
Dude just sucks

Lol. Actually surprised there was more than 9 minutes.

Why not give the 22 year old kid a chance?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/31/2018  11:23 AM
^ the power of youtube to cherrypick a guy's highlights.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/31/2018  11:26 AM
the potential is there, but we saw only like 2-3 plays from each game where he did well. need consistency from him, and some of those highlights were in blowouts against scrubs
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/31/2018  11:32 AM
Hell, why not? Its a long season, injuries happen. We go into a season lately with plenty of guards, and injuries force us to go deep in tbe bench. Might as well keep all the guards ready for action, if necessary. His stock couldnt be any lower right now, worth a shot a raising it.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/31/2018  1:31 PM
Where the hell is Tony Wroten, anyway...?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/31/2018  1:43 PM
jrodmc wrote:Where the hell is Tony Wroten, anyway...?

I thought I saw him out trying to recruit Mudiay to his bandwagon

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Welpee
Member: #6239

10/31/2018  7:17 PM
Marv wrote:^ the power of youtube to cherrypick a guy's highlights.
So in other words, disregard anything promising the guy does just focus on everything negative?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/1/2018  8:08 AM
Welpee wrote:
So in other words, disregard anything promising the guy does just focus on everything negative?

I think YouTube videos with cool music and a guy not missing a shot can infuence objectivity. Briggs was big on posting videos claiming to have “discovered a player” then post the video as if he had produced it. This happens to all of us too.

HofstraBBall

11/1/2018  9:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2018  9:28 AM
Nalod wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I think YouTube videos with cool music and a guy not missing a shot can infuence objectivity. Briggs was big on posting videos claiming to have “discovered a player” then post the video as if he had produced it. This happens to all of us too.

Agree. Youtube videos are not indicative of a players true standing. Everyone, I think, knows that. But so is the statement that a 22 year old former first round Pro has nothing he does well.

Welpee
Member: #6239

11/1/2018  10:23 AM
Nalod wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I don't think anybody said take a nine minute youtube video and evaluate a player based solely on highlights. However, it indicates the guy has some ability, unless you just want to pretend what he displayed never happened.
Marv
11/1/2018  1:22 PM
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I don't think anybody said take a nine minute youtube video and evaluate a player based solely on highlights. However, it indicates the guy has some ability, unless you just want to pretend what he displayed never happened.

I think this is all about context. Yeah he can make these plays. And also yeah, teams have been giving him fewer and fewer minutes in his career, he's never displayed growth or even consistency and he was given away in his 3rd year - a 6'5" lottery pick point guard. So the key question to me isn't what CAN he do - it's WHY can't he do it consistently and build on it and why did he convince a team to cut their losses already with him? If we can't figure that out and decide if it's something we can address then he's gonna continue on a downward trend, wouldn't you say, regardless of what he does occasionally enough to merit his 9 minutes of youtube glory?
HofstraBBall

11/1/2018  2:36 PM
Marv wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I think this is all about context. Yeah he can make these plays. And also yeah, teams have been giving him fewer and fewer minutes in his career, he's never displayed growth or even consistency and he was given away in his 3rd year - a 6'5" lottery pick point guard. So the key question to me isn't what CAN he do - it's WHY can't he do it consistently and build on it and why did he convince a team to cut their losses already with him? If we can't figure that out and decide if it's something we can address then he's gonna continue on a downward trend, wouldn't you say, regardless of what he does occasionally enough to merit his 9 minutes of youtube glory?

Isn't this what we are all advocating and what the Knicks are now doing? Don't think anyone is saying sign him to a max extension. Most are just saying he is worth taking a LOOK at. And that we have nothing to lose. Cant say that the process has already played itself out in just 22 games, with a completely new cast of players. How bout we wait and see how he looks, after having some familiarity with his new team, before we claim he should be sent back to China, at 22 years old.

Marv
11/1/2018  2:42 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Marv wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Isn't this what we are all advocating and what the Knicks are now doing? Don't think anyone is saying sign him to a max extension. Most are just saying he is worth taking a LOOK at. And that we have nothing to lose. Cant say that the process has already played itself out in just 22 games, with a completely new cast of players. How bout we wait and see how he looks, after having some familiarity with his new team, before we claim he should be sent back to China, at 22 years old.

i do agree with that. i'm responding specifically to welpee regarding the youtube highlights.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/1/2018  4:03 PM
jrodmc wrote:Where the hell is Tony Wroten, anyway...?
Sounds like he is out of basketball. He is still only 25.
On October 21, 2017, Wroten was selected by the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in Round 2 with the 23rd pick in the 2017 NBA Development League Draft.[26] On March 21, 2018, he was waived by the Vipers.[27]
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Fiz, Mudiay will eventually get a chance to start at point guard

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy