[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fiz, Mudiay will eventually get a chance to start at point guard
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
10/30/2018  10:48 AM
He's the one guy I think we should cut.

I want Frank playing 30 minutes a night, Dotson 20, Trier 20. Right now what we are showing is that we have put together a very good young bench with high energy. It's to bad Voleah is only signed for a year. Perfect guy to come off the bench with a little muscle.

Future looks bright if we can develop these guys, loose a bunch of games and compete, while adding a top flight talent in the draft.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/30/2018  10:49 AM
MS wrote:It's to bad Voleah is only signed for a year. Perfect guy to come off the bench with a little muscle.

SOMEBODY is going to get any extra cap space or the room exception.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/30/2018  11:11 AM
The Knicks can’t continually have a losers mentality. Time is valuable giving Mudiay opportunities holds development back. You have your starter in Frank just what is it you want to see? Do you want to see if Mudiay is starting material? He isn’t role player I see it. Don’t waste time of player development.

My theory has always been don’t jerk players around and mess with their groove. Frank is getting into a comfortable groove last thing that is needed is tinkering with something that doesn’t needed to be tinkered with. This will create resentment and it will lead to a path that possibly could devastate Frank’s path. That is what happened to Mudiay and that is why he is in the state he is in today same with Burke.

TPercy
Member: #5748

10/30/2018  11:43 AM
Frank is going to be our guy for years to come. He is a future all NBA defensive team, so as far as I'm concerned, Mudiay has no place starting unless he can outplay Burke for a backup role which I don't see happenning.
The Future is Bright!
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/30/2018  1:27 PM
I can't believe how many people don't want to see what Mudiay can or cannot do with an opportunity. Unlike some of our other projects, we invested something into Mudiay. I wan to know 100% for sure if this guy is the scrub that he appears to be. If you let him start once he's healthy and he scrubs it out, I don't think Mudiay sticks around that much longer. So its a win-win. Maybe by some act of God Mudiay turns into the player Larry Brown told everyone he'd become. Or maybe he looks like the out-of-shape trrbl basketball player I know. Either way, I see figuring this out definitively - sooner than later - as a good thing
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/30/2018  1:35 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I can't believe how many people don't want to see what Mudiay can or cannot do with an opportunity. Unlike some of our other projects, we invested something into Mudiay. I wan to know 100% for sure if this guy is the scrub that he appears to be. If you let him start once he's healthy and he scrubs it out, I don't think Mudiay sticks around that much longer. So its a win-win. Maybe by some act of God Mudiay turns into the player Larry Brown told everyone he'd become. Or maybe he looks like the out-of-shape trrbl basketball player I know. Either way, I see figuring this out definitively - sooner than later - as a good thing

I'm not very bullish on him learning how to absorb contact. I don't think that's a teachable skill.

First time I remember a player just being different in that skillset was Rod Strickland. He just had an innate ability day 1 in the NBA how to adjust his body and finish. I wanted Anthony and Ward to have those skills, they just didn't.

And Mudiay not only doesn't have that ability, he actually has the rare opposite of it. Forget putting the ball in the basket, he can't stay upright.

Whatever he does or doesn't become, that's always going to be a huge wart.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/30/2018  1:36 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I can't believe how many people don't want to see what Mudiay can or cannot do with an opportunity. Unlike some of our other projects, we invested something into Mudiay. I wan to know 100% for sure if this guy is the scrub that he appears to be. If you let him start once he's healthy and he scrubs it out, I don't think Mudiay sticks around that much longer. So its a win-win. Maybe by some act of God Mudiay turns into the player Larry Brown told everyone he'd become. Or maybe he looks like the out-of-shape trrbl basketball player I know. Either way, I see figuring this out definitively - sooner than later - as a good thing
I have no issue with giving mudiay a shot. Hell thats what this year is about. However its honestly hasnt looked good since he acquired him although I have been rooting for him. So I have no problem giving him a chance. But he is really gonna have to impress especially since Frank looks very comfortable and confident in that position
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/30/2018  1:44 PM
Vmart wrote:The Knicks can’t continually have a losers mentality. Time is valuable giving Mudiay opportunities holds development back. You have your starter in Frank just what is it you want to see? Do you want to see if Mudiay is starting material? He isn’t role player I see it. Don’t waste time of player development.

My theory has always been don’t jerk players around and mess with their groove. Frank is getting into a comfortable groove last thing that is needed is tinkering with something that doesn’t needed to be tinkered with. This will create resentment and it will lead to a path that possibly could devastate Frank’s path. That is what happened to Mudiay and that is why he is in the state he is in today same with Burke.

Fiz was brought here to develop players, and this is a sport where anyone can go down in a split second, if that player happens to be frank, and he has to be put on the shelf for a few wks, and mudiay comes in a shine, should that be the end of frank..I don't think so

Everybody gets the same opportunity, all your doing is being bias like all frank lovers.

Clearly they're e no favorites in FIZ book, everybody gets a fair shot, and that should always be the case

ES
Vmart
USA
10/30/2018  2:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2018  2:02 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:The Knicks can’t continually have a losers mentality. Time is valuable giving Mudiay opportunities holds development back. You have your starter in Frank just what is it you want to see? Do you want to see if Mudiay is starting material? He isn’t role player I see it. Don’t waste time of player development.

Fiz was brought here to develop players, and this is a sport where anyone can go down in a split second, if that player happens to be frank, and he has to be put on the shelf for a few wks, and mudiay comes in a shine, should that be the end of frank..I don't think so

Everybody gets the same opportunity, all your doing is being bias like all frank lovers.

Clearly they're e no favorites in FIZ book, everybody gets a fair shot, and that should always be the case

Like your not biased against Frank. I’m not biased against Mudiay I’m the guy who wanted to draft him. It’s just that my eyes have no longer deceive me. I already know what Mudiay is.

knicks1248
10/30/2018  2:50 PM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Like your not biased against Frank. I’m not biased against Mudiay I’m the guy who wanted to draft him. It’s just that my eyes have no longer deceive me. I already know what Mudiay is.

My preference to have frank play off the ball, should never be considered bias, he's just not the type of PG i like (others are ok with him at pg, so be it), but you never heard me say I didn't want him on the team or I'm done with him.

You only saw a hand full of preseason games that mudiay played in( too small of a window), and trust me. i wasn't thrilled at all with his play, and i to thought he looked like trash. The one thing I did like about him was the pace he plays at and is penetration, he's also unselfish.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/30/2018  3:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

My preference to have frank play off the ball, should never be considered bias, he's just not the type of PG i like (others are ok with him at pg, so be it), but you never heard me say I didn't want him on the team or I'm done with him.

You only saw a hand full of preseason games that mudiay played in( too small of a window), and trust me. i wasn't thrilled at all with his play, and i to thought he looked like trash. The one thing I did like about him was the pace he plays at and is penetration, he's also unselfish.

RainMan1248 has bias against your bias.
Penetration is important!

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/30/2018  3:09 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

RainMan1248 has bias against your bias.
Penetration is important!

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/30/2018  3:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2018  3:25 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
I have no issue with giving mudiay a shot. Hell thats what this year is about. However its honestly hasnt looked good since he acquired him although I have been rooting for him. So I have no problem giving him a chance. But he is really gonna have to impress especially since Frank looks very comfortable and confident in that position

I hear you. He definitely looks and sounds like a scrub. I just don't see any problem of being 100 percent sure that there is nothing to work with there. Because if you just look at him out of context he looks like a basketball player... if you look at him on the court he looks like rec league scrub. So all I'm asking for is to be absolutely certain that he is Ereck Flowers because what I've seen, especially last season, was a guy who wasn't in basketball shape... I don't know for sure if that means he just can't play or not (though i'd bet on him being a bust)

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Vmart
USA
10/30/2018  3:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2018  3:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

We get it you don’t like the Billups type of PG or the Derek Harper type. Mudiay doesn’t play defense he is atrocious at it. Frank at least give you effort in both ends gets player involved and they seem to respond to Frank looking for them it keeps the entire team involved which is what PG is suppose to do. I don’t expect you to agree with me as it is your preference.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2018  4:00 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I hear you. He definitely looks and sounds like a scrub. I just don't see any problem of being 100 percent sure that there is nothing to work with there. Because if you just look at him out of context he looks like a basketball player... if you look at him on the court he looks like rec league scrub. So all I'm asking for is to be absolutely certain that he is Ereck Flowers because what I've seen, especially last season, was a guy who wasn't in basketball shape... I don't know for sure if that means he just can't play or not (though i'd bet on him being a bust)

I think you are prolly right on Mudiay, but he's got a couple skills. The point? You get to see those skills with your other guys who you expect pan out as long term prospects. How do Frank/Dotson look next to a guy who attacks the rim and passes well vs. a guy who's a better shooter or 3&D guy. Stuff like that.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/30/2018  4:00 PM

The Knicks starting PG job was for the taking all late last year, this preseason and even now.

If Mudiay wanted it, he could have taken it with his play.

You don't back into a job and win it, you just go out and ****ing take it and make it yours with your play.

What is this Mudiay is waiting for an opportunity stuff? Every time he walks on the court in a Knicks uniform is an opportunity.

He is not on this roster because of some "investment" into him. The Knicks spent their cap poorly, have problems on the roster they can't dump and have/had no money to get any PG help, thus Mudiay is here. That's it.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/30/2018  4:03 PM
Mudiay has too many problems. He can't finish strong. His outside shot is suspect. He is not in the greatest shape. I want to give everybody a shot but he just doesn't give you that feeling that he can overcome these things.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/30/2018  5:45 PM
In Fiz I trust.

I'd like to see Frank and Mudiay as the backcourt, and rotate Dotson and Burke in, depending on matchups, needs.

If Mudiay doesn't show he belongs, fine, move on.

Beggers can't be chosers, and we have to find some diamonds on the trash heap of the NBA.

knicks1248
10/30/2018  6:02 PM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

We get it you don’t like the Billups type of PG or the Derek Harper type. Mudiay doesn’t play defense he is atrocious at it. Frank at least give you effort in both ends gets player involved and they seem to respond to Frank looking for them it keeps the entire team involved which is what PG is suppose to do. I don’t expect you to agree with me as it is your preference.

Billups and Harper are old school PG's, I loved those types in that ERA, New ball game bra

how could you say he gives you something on both ends when everybody is begging for this kid to be more aggressive..

I used to hate scoring PG's like westbrook , liilard, kyrie,curry, the ones that take 15 to 20 shots a games, but in today's NBA, if you don't have one, your not going to be able to keep up.

I need to see more of Mudiay before i just totally write him off

ES
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/30/2018  6:08 PM
Vmart wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:Not a fan of anyone getting a shot at pg. It’s Franks and no one should interfere with his development.

Based on what I have seen from Mudiay, I have to agree. The more we experiment the less these guys develop into their roles. But I also think everyone deserves a shot. So not really sure how I feel about this overall.

This how you also destroy careers that are promising all in the name of chance. Mudiay got his shot when he was in Denver. It didn’t happen for him then and it 99% won’t happen for him here. Now is Fizz willing to lose Frank for this so called chance for Mudiay. Absolutely would be a dumb move by Fizz.

You got your best player on the floor playing his position already why f around for shyts and giggles.

This is why I am not sure what the right decision is

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Fiz, Mudiay will eventually get a chance to start at point guard

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy