Member: #4451

10/28/2018  9:48 PM
Cool. Im glad he is giving everyone a chance. This is the year to do that
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

10/29/2018  6:03 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

whats the point its obvious Mudiay sucks. I have seen nothing that indicates he is an NBA player

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/29/2018  6:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2018  6:12 AM
Say what you want about Mudiay, but he has the best pg instincts on the team....he is the best passer out of the pg spot and he actually plays north and south. His problem is he has trouble finishing in traffic and his jumper is inconsistent. He's a better player than Baker and he deserves minutes over him at the very least.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/29/2018  7:38 AM
I hope eventually Fizdales settles into a workable rotation. If this is going on 40-50 games in he will risk alienating his team
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/29/2018  8:17 AM
Everybody should have a chance to be a starter, but hopefully some players will prove Fiz that he doesn't have to keep looking anymore.

I am totally rooting for this starting lineup to prove its value and remain together for as long as possible this season. The only change might come when Knox is ready to step into a starting role. But even if I like the fact that Fiz will give Mudiay a chance to start, I hope Frank earns to keep it.

Knicks_Fan
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/29/2018  8:38 AM
i'm digging vonleh. he's a beast and has good aggressiveness, but at the same time he's got some surprising ball skills, like an anthony mason.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/29/2018  8:57 AM
Uptown wrote:Say what you want about Mudiay, but he has the best pg instincts on the team....he is the best passer out of the pg spot and he actually plays north and south. His problem is he has trouble finishing in traffic and his jumper is inconsistent. He's a better player than Baker and he deserves minutes over him at the very least.

100% agree

He is by far the best pure pg we have, he just has confidence issues and real ugly jump shot. But his vision and reaction are better than Both Frank and Bukre

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/29/2018  9:30 AM
Been saying it since pre season. Fiz likes Mudiays pace. Thought Frank looked great at PG the last game but maybe he will benefit from watching Mudiay push the ball and having Fiz emphasize pace.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/29/2018  10:40 AM
Marv wrote:i'm digging vonleh. he's a beast and has good aggressiveness, but at the same time he's got some surprising ball skills, like an anthony mason.

I've liked his game and think his play has been markedly different than in preseason. In fact, seems like he could be MORE offensive minded when he gets the ball in the paint.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/29/2018  10:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2018  10:45 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:Say what you want about Mudiay, but he has the best pg instincts on the team....he is the best passer out of the pg spot and he actually plays north and south. His problem is he has trouble finishing in traffic and his jumper is inconsistent. He's a better player than Baker and he deserves minutes over him at the very least.

100% agree

He is by far the best pure pg we have, he just has confidence issues and real ugly jump shot. But his vision and reaction are better than Both Frank and Bukre

he's the best at outlet passes for fast breaks, but home run plays won't work against a good D. those passes still have value though.

his D is average and the shooting is bad right now.
i am really pulling for this kid to get it together. he definitely came to camp in shape. and he uses his bulk on D opposed to length, which is fine.

but if opposing players are covering his teammates...i doubt he can run a fast break.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/29/2018  10:51 AM
Whatevs.
He sucks.
If he turns out to be our best PG, we're in trouble.
This is a Tony Wroten thread.
Cartman718

10/29/2018  10:53 AM
Panos wrote:Whatevs.
He sucks.

ha, hardly. Fiz is trying rotations. Looks like Ntilikina will get 5 games to showcase skills before Mudiay gets a shot. If he doesn't show up, that shot would be short lived and the debate would be over.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/29/2018  10:56 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
He sucks.

ha, hardly. Fiz is trying rotations. Looks like Ntilikina will get 5 games to showcase skills before Mudiay gets a shot. If he doesn't show up, that shot would be short lived and the debate would be over.

agreed. He is giving everyone a legit shot. Thats what this year is about
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/29/2018  11:05 AM
He sucks.

Ok, well then maybe you prefer baker?

ES
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/29/2018  12:06 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Cool. Im glad he is giving everyone a chance. This is the year to do that

It's a non statement really. Given a not so great roster, with injuries and maybe a suspension or two down the road, maybe a trade or two, it's not going to unusual to see anyone on the Knicks eventually get a start. It's like saying Luke Kornet will eventually get a start at some point this season. Sure, in the last 5 games. Or maybe on a rare back to back on the road.

While no one wants to talk about it, Burke is sort of a high risk candidate for a suspension. Guys on the fringe, their PEDs cycling is different outside of the NBA. The NBA gives players four random tests a year. They are only really random for fringe guys. The superstars, the tests are set up and spaced so no one has to cycle down during a critical part of the season for broadcasting/matchups/ratings.

Since fringe guys want to fight for a new contract, they have incentive to "run the red line" which means push to the edges of their testing periods. Everyone knows when their tests are coming. This is why when I said when Noah got caught, it could only mean one of two horrible things. First, he doesn't truly give a **** at all. Or second, he's an idiot. Neither answer is good.

If we are talking Bill Parcells language, Mudiay is a sub JAG ( Just Another Guy) Just a warm body to soak up a few minutes and hopefully not hurt you too badly. I said "sub" because Mudiay is not even league average efficient. Give out stupid contracts like Noah, and you have no money to spend on help and you end up with journeymen like Mudiay.

Sometimes people here say "well every team has a bad contract" or "it's not such a bad contract if you compare it to the other ****tastic deals out there" Every time someone here says that, they should think of Mudiay falling to the ground while missing a layup a middle school girl could make. It's because of bad contracts that someone like Mudiay could start for this team. Ugh.

Mudiay is not a prospect. He's like a cold sore on someone's mouth that someone tries to hide with their hand. He's the natural fallout of bad long term decision making.

Cartman718

10/29/2018  12:14 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Cool. Im glad he is giving everyone a chance. This is the year to do that

It's a non statement really. Given a not so great roster, with injuries and maybe a suspension or two down the road, maybe a trade or two, it's not going to unusual to see anyone on the Knicks eventually get a start. It's like saying Luke Kornet will eventually get a start at some point this season. Sure, in the last 5 games. Or maybe on a rare back to back on the road.

While no one wants to talk about it, Burke is sort of a high risk candidate for a suspension. Guys on the fringe, their PEDs cycling is different outside of the NBA. The NBA gives players four random tests a year. They are only really random for fringe guys. The superstars, the tests are set up and spaced so no one has to cycle down during a critical part of the season for broadcasting/matchups/ratings.

Since fringe guys want to fight for a new contract, they have incentive to "run the red line" which means push to the edges of their testing periods. Everyone knows when their tests are coming. This is why when I said when Noah got caught, it could only mean one of two horrible things. First, he doesn't truly give a **** at all. Or second, he's an idiot. Neither answer is good.

If we are talking Bill Parcells language, Mudiay is a sub JAG ( Just Another Guy) Just a warm body to soak up a few minutes and hopefully not hurt you too badly. I said "sub" because Mudiay is not even league average efficient. Give out stupid contracts like Noah, and you have no money to spend on help and you end up with journeymen like Mudiay.

Sometimes people here say "well every team has a bad contract" or "it's not such a bad contract if you compare it to the other ****tastic deals out there" Every time someone here says that, they should think of Mudiay falling to the ground while missing a layup a middle school girl could make. It's because of bad contracts that someone like Mudiay could start for this team. Ugh.

Mudiay is not a prospect. He's like a cold sore on someone's mouth that someone tries to hide with their hand. He's the natural fallout of bad long term decision making.

jeez dude

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/29/2018  12:24 PM
Im my book, Mudiay came cheap, gets an audition/opportunity and if not presented well be made gone.
Denver paid the freight on this kid.
Burke need be only DJ Augustine to have a good NBA career.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/29/2018  12:34 PM
Not a fan of anyone getting a shot at pg. It’s Franks and no one should interfere with his development.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/29/2018  12:46 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

I have to ask you, do you think 9/11 was staged or the earth is flat or the moon landing was faked?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Fiz, Mudiay will eventually get a chance to start at point guard

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy