[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ode to Enes
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/11/2018  10:34 PM
i used to be such a fan, used to think he was such a complement to KP

now i would trade him in a heartbeat. Black hole on offense -- never saw a shot he didn't like -- or as Charles Barkley used to say about Chuck Person "you can fake a pass to him, and he would shoot it"

And as much as it looks like he cares or hustles, invariably it seems we're net negative when he's on the court.

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/11/2018  10:44 PM
Chandler wrote:i used to be such a fan, used to think he was such a complement to KP

now i would trade him in a heartbeat. Black hole on offense -- never saw a shot he didn't like -- or as Charles Barkley used to say about Chuck Person "you can fake a pass to him, and he would shoot it"

And as much as it looks like he cares or hustles, invariably it seems we're net negative when he's on the court.

I'm not as down on him as some. But he's sixth or seventh man on most teams. You view him front that angle and it's hard to get too upset with him. His salary comes off the books after this season and we move. Maybe he even comes back on a more favorable contract. Whatever, I'd still rather have him over Melo.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/17/2018  9:43 AM
Let's see how long the 'I want to be here' sounds continue if Fiz sticks with this small ball lineup and Kanter's not getting his double double every night...
MSG is a great place, but now someone's future meal ticket is being ****ed with...

KP needs a defensive presence with high BB IQ next to him. We saw that with Rolo.
Kanter and KP equals nothing but really sucky D and a clogged lane.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/17/2018  10:01 AM
jrodmc wrote:Let's see how long the 'I want to be here' sounds continue if Fiz sticks with this small ball lineup and Kanter's not getting his double double every night...
MSG is a great place, but now someone's future meal ticket is being ****ed with...

KP needs a defensive presence with high BB IQ next to him. We saw that with Rolo.

I personally don't want any big man who can't knock down an open 3. I thought that's what kanter was working on all summer, I thought that's what Fiz insisted he work on..

ES
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/17/2018  10:11 AM
I would trade Kanter in a second, if his defense was not as bad as the worst defensive center in the league. I’d be thrilled to have a rebounding machine come off our bench like Kanter...

After his demotion and how everyone in the nba knows his flaws I think he’s not tradable

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/17/2018  10:37 AM
jrodmc wrote:Let's see how long the 'I want to be here' sounds continue if Fiz sticks with this small ball lineup and Kanter's not getting his double double every night...

Kanter is gone this summer. Robinson is the right fit next to KP, unless you get Durant then you move KP to center and KD and Knox at the forwards. But Robinson and Vonleh are nice fits here with their athletic ability and defensive mindset. Kanter gets caught in no mans land on every pick and roll and scoring bigs feast on him. He’s just not built a new age style of play.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/19/2018  10:11 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Kanter is gone this summer. Robinson is the right fit next to KP, unless you get Durant then you move KP to center and KD and Knox at the forwards. But Robinson and Vonleh are nice fits here with their athletic ability and defensive mindset. Kanter gets caught in no mans land on every pick and roll and scoring bigs feast on him. He’s just not built a new age style of play.

I wonder if he even lasts that long. I wonder how hard has the FO been shopping him?
"Expiring No D double double machine, now with a huge chip on his shoulder. Currently garage kept, low miles. Make an offer."

I'm not quite sure what age style of play Kanter's game is built for? Early ABA maybe?

ode to Enes

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy