10/27/2018  11:32 AM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:For years, people on this site have been complaining about Knick coaches not holding everyone accountable. I bet if it was Melo who didn't fight through a screen and got benched most everyone on this board would have applauded. But because its Frank, people have a problem. What happened to holding EVERYONE accountable for a missed assignment? Burke was benched most of the 4th quarter for leaving a Buck player wide open in the corner. Burke was responsible for keeping us in the game during the 3rd but still got benched for missing a defensive assignment and ain't nobody said **** about that. But since Frank got benched, everybody got a problem. Pat Riley would have benched him. So would Pop. I bet Frank will learn from this especially during the film session.
not sure what melo or burke has to do with it. Its not frank vs melo/burke Lets be honest you cant compare defense with frank and those guys. Fighting through a screen isnt easy. I could understand if frank was free and hesitated going out on him but that wasnt it. Look I didnt see it so im not yelling at fiz. My issue with fiz is that he kept the successful starting unit out too long until we were in a 10 point hole

Don't be naive...you know exactly why I brought up Melo and Burke! Melo was the most hated and Trey was benched against the Bucks for a missed defensive assignment just like Frank was last night and nobody was upset about that. I get it, though...Frank is the boards darling or as Gustav said, the community pick. That's why most are upset about the benching. One poster said Frank is too sensitive to get benched! WTF! I applaud a coach for holding EVERYONE accountable regardless of the name on the back of the jersey.

You claim to call it fairly but you clearly take it personally when people defend Frank. You are intentionally making this about the benching which no one had protested that. If you follow the Knicks at all you should know Frank needs to build his confidence in being aggressive. When you are having the best game of your life you can expect to have your coach not treat you like garbage in front of the whole team and a garden crowd or to go out of his way to humiliate you. Holding EVERYONE accountable is the standard, so have you seen Fiz rip your precious Burke a new ******* and publicly humiliate him everytime he fails to fight through a screen? Or do you call for accountability then? What kind of defense did Burke, THJR and Trier play when they were in their conceding the lead? Why aren't YOU asking for them to be held accountable and benched AND humilated in the same way?

He's just a baby! Dont believe Frank took getting chewed out over a blown assignment as seriously as you have.

Frank was treated with kid gloves his rookie year. I didnt see Hornacek yell at Frank once. He was given regular minutes, regardless of his play, and a wide berth.

Frank isnt a rookie anymore, this might be the first time he really got chewed out since becoming a Knick.

Id rather Frank understand that the training wheels are coming off.
Thats why Fizdale started him, why he chewed him out.

And in 3, 2, 1...

You are so predictable. It's comical.

Sorry, first time Frank really gets an earful as a pro, and you make it sound like he needs a hug and a juice box.

Cmon man. Frank can handle it, if he cant then thats a problem. Lets see how Frank responds. Might surprise you

This all I'm saying!!! My post aint anti-Frank...if anything, its Pro-Fiz! I'm excited that we finally have a coach that will seemingly hold all players accountable and ain't afraid to COACH these players. Aint afraid to get in these players faces and demand attention to details!! This is a big change from the passive-puppet Horncek, or Woodson who clearly played favorites....I feel like we finally got the coach that's going to turn this program around...

What complete BS - unless you can point out where I made it sound like he needs a hug, you are just projecting as usual. I have no issues with a coach that demands attention to details, I was responding to a post by Marv who clearly said Fiz put on a **** show on the sidelines. This isn't professional coaching behavior. So he needs to be held accountable to it. And again since neither of you can respond to what I asked let me clarify - I have no issues with Fiz chewing out Frank as long as he does it consistently to ALL the players who make defensive errors.

You both know as well as I do he has never put on a **** show for any other Knicks player for missing defensive assignments. Don't post about EVERYONE being held ACCOUNTABLE and community picks, unless you are prepared to defend it.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/27/2018  12:19 PM
Before F4ank was removed I noticed he was dragging some - which to tell the truth kind of surprised me because I just didn’t think he was working all that hard. He was guarding Curry yes but not like he was going up down the cour5 all night.

I think Fiz was a bit pissed and his message ma6 have been....I am giving you a great opportunity here and I don’t want you needing to come out of the game. Maybe just a coac( trying to send a message for yo7nger players to keep pushing thru fatigue.

I was surprised Frank sat so long but bas3d on Fiz comments he clearly was sending some message.

Side note - I much prefer Mudiay taking Burke’s spot — just don’t see the value in Burke... for me Trier tak3s Burke spot on roster and at least Mudiay will pass the rock and has some size

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/27/2018  12:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2018  12:24 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:For years, people on this site have been complaining about Knick coaches not holding everyone accountable. I bet if it was Melo who didn't fight through a screen and got benched most everyone on this board would have applauded. But because its Frank, people have a problem. What happened to holding EVERYONE accountable for a missed assignment? Burke was benched most of the 4th quarter for leaving a Buck player wide open in the corner. Burke was responsible for keeping us in the game during the 3rd but still got benched for missing a defensive assignment and ain't nobody said **** about that. But since Frank got benched, everybody got a problem. Pat Riley would have benched him. So would Pop. I bet Frank will learn from this especially during the film session.
not sure what melo or burke has to do with it. Its not frank vs melo/burke Lets be honest you cant compare defense with frank and those guys. Fighting through a screen isnt easy. I could understand if frank was free and hesitated going out on him but that wasnt it. Look I didnt see it so im not yelling at fiz. My issue with fiz is that he kept the successful starting unit out too long until we were in a 10 point hole

Don't be naive...you know exactly why I brought up Melo and Burke! Melo was the most hated and Trey was benched against the Bucks for a missed defensive assignment just like Frank was last night and nobody was upset about that. I get it, though...Frank is the boards darling or as Gustav said, the community pick. That's why most are upset about the benching. One poster said Frank is too sensitive to get benched! WTF! I applaud a coach for holding EVERYONE accountable regardless of the name on the back of the jersey.

You claim to call it fairly but you clearly take it personally when people defend Frank. You are intentionally making this about the benching which no one had protested that. If you follow the Knicks at all you should know Frank needs to build his confidence in being aggressive. When you are having the best game of your life you can expect to have your coach not treat you like garbage in front of the whole team and a garden crowd or to go out of his way to humiliate you. Holding EVERYONE accountable is the standard, so have you seen Fiz rip your precious Burke a new ******* and publicly humiliate him everytime he fails to fight through a screen? Or do you call for accountability then? What kind of defense did Burke, THJR and Trier play when they were in their conceding the lead? Why aren't YOU asking for them to be held accountable and benched AND humilated in the same way?

He's just a baby! Dont believe Frank took getting chewed out over a blown assignment as seriously as you have.

Frank was treated with kid gloves his rookie year. I didnt see Hornacek yell at Frank once. He was given regular minutes, regardless of his play, and a wide berth.

Frank isnt a rookie anymore, this might be the first time he really got chewed out since becoming a Knick.

And in 3, 2, 1...

Sorry, first time Frank really gets an earful as a pro, and you make it sound like he needs a hug and a juice box.

Cmon man. Frank can handle it, if he cant then thats a problem. Lets see how Frank responds. Might surprise you

This all I'm saying!!! My post aint anti-Frank...if anything, its Pro-Fiz! I'm excited that we finally have a coach that will seemingly hold all players accountable and ain't afraid to COACH these players. Aint afraid to get in these players faces and demand attention to details!! This is a big change from the passive-puppet Horncek, or Woodson who clearly played favorites....I feel like we finally got the coach that's going to turn this program around...

What complete BS - unless you can point out where I made it sound like he needs a hug, you are just projecting as usual. I have no issues with a coach that demands attention to details, I was responding to a post by Marv who clearly said Fiz put on a **** show on the sidelines. This isn't professional coaching behavior. So he needs to be held accountable to it. And again since neither of you can respond to what I asked let me clarify - I have no issues with Fiz chewing out Frank as long as he does it consistently to ALL the players who make defensive errors.

You both know as well as I do he has never put on a **** show for any other Knicks player for missing defensive assignments. Don't post about EVERYONE being held ACCOUNTABLE and community picks, unless you are prepared to defend it.

Projecting a hug to you right now, lol. Just the fact that this is even an issue, considering no player over the last year or so has been coddled more than Frank. I understand why, also understand why thats coming to an end.

If it was as bad as some say, it works to Frank's advantage in several ways.

Dont believe its unfair to say that while Frank has done some good things, mostly on D, he hasnt shown the kind of game you want to see from a starting PG. Frank showed some of it last night.

Yelling at Frank the way Fizdale did lets him know that he cant let up on D, even on his best night as a Knick. Just like he yelled at Knox after he made a big play, right after a defensive lapse. Its tough love.

Wouldnt be surprised if Fizdale talked to Frank later under calmer circumstances. This let him know he can wind up right back on the bench. Im sure it made an impression on Frank. All depends on how often IMO.

Fizdale screaming at Frank helps him in another way. After benching 2 starters, 2 vets, it helps Frank not to look to his teammates like he is being treated differently.

Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/27/2018  12:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2018  12:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:This is what the Warriors do.

No one was stopping what happened in the 4th, or staying ahead of it.

C'mon fellas.

This. A good friend of mine is a huge Warrior fan and always talks about how they can turn it on when they need to. I almost texted him at the end of the third quarter to talk trash but there was too much time left.

Even more than that, this is the NBA...

If anyone is surprised that an NBA game can go one way for 3+ quarters and the better team (any team) goes on a big run, I have to seriously ask what have you been watching all these years?

Did anyone really not consider the whole time that one way or another, the Warriors were going to pull away down the stretch?

[In my best Denzel] C'mon now!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/27/2018  12:37 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

C'mon fellas.

This. A good friend of mine is a huge Warrior fan and always talks about how they can turn it on when they need to. I almost texted him at the end of the third quarter to talk trash but there was too much time left.

If anyone is surprised that an NBA game can go one way for 3+ quarters and the better team (any team) goes on a big run, I have to seriously ask what have you been watching all these years?

Did anyone really not consider the whole time that one way or another, the Warriors were going to pull away down the stretch?

{In my best Denzel] C'mon now!

Did anyone say we were locked in to win? And how does that make Fizdale's piss poor job of coaching in the 4th quarter any better?

Knickoftime

10/27/2018  12:37 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

C'mon fellas.

Well I certainly agree. They are scary good. I just wanted our starters at least to have a chance after how great they played against their stars.

They turned an 8 point least into a 28 point lead.

I sort of get the totally speculative alternate reality idea maybe if it was still tied or the Knicks still had a small lead, the last 6 mins could have gone differently, but we're absolving the starters for being DESTROYED on both ends because Fizdale didn't put them in 3 mins early.

Some "accountability."

[In my best Denzel] C'mon now!

Knickoftime

10/27/2018  12:39 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

C'mon fellas.

Did anyone say we were locked in to win? And how does that make Fizdale's piss poor job of coaching in the 4th quarter any better?

Because the idea it was a piss poor job of coaching in the 4th quarter is a vast overreaction is why.

You have to establish the premise first before you make that kind of argument.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/27/2018  12:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2018  12:41 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

And in 3, 2, 1...

Actually we don't know....Just because we haven't seen him go off on other players doesn't mean it never happened or happens! None of us actually saw him go off on Frank except for Marv, who I'm guessing was at the game...This may be something he does at practice as well, we just don't know...

Coaches going off on players on the sidelines aint new, professional or not....from John Thompson to Coach K, Rick Pitino, Pop, Riles, Bob Huggins, Bill Parcells, etc. Being that Fiz is a part of the Riley coaching tree, it's not surprising....As long as he has a bond with his players and history says that he does, they know not to listen to the yelling but the message, Frank and anyone else will be more than fine.

Before the Miami Game, D Wade mentioned that he and Fiz have a very tight relationship and that they used to have heated arguments all the time, but the arguments were out of love because he cared about Wade and his players. None of the players vouch for Fiz more than Wade has....

meloshouldgo

10/27/2018  12:43 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

And in 3, 2, 1...

Projecting a hug to you right now, lol. Just the fact that this is even an issue, considering no player over the last year or so has been coddled more than Frank. I understand why, also understand why thats coming to an end.

Dont believe its unfair to say that while Frank has done some good things, mostly on D, he hasnt shown the kind of game you want to see from a starting PG. Frank showed some of it last night.

Yelling at Frank the way Fizdale did lets him know that he cant let up on D, even on his best night as a Knick. Just like he yelled at Knox after he made a big play, right after a defensive lapse. Its tough love.

Wouldnt be surprised if Fizdale talked to Frank later under calmer circumstances. This let him know he can wind up right back on the bench. Im sure it made an impression on Frank. All depends on how often IMO.

Fizdale screaming at Frank helps him in another way. After benching 2 starters, 2 vets, it helps Frank not to look to his teammates like he is being treated differently.

Dude- for one last time this isn't about Frank except for you and Uptown. You can't handle that he actually did everything you have been bitching about - I get it, it happens.
Our first unit was playing really good defense and Fizdale ****ed up in the fourth quarter by keeping the no-defense line up in there for too long. Vonleh, Thomas, Mitch and Dot should all have been on the floor along with Frank. But keep on harping about making an impression on Frank - seems like it's all you got

Peace out girl scout

meloshouldgo

10/27/2018  12:51 PM
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

And in 3, 2, 1...

Actually we don't know....Just because we haven't seen him go off on other players doesn't mean it never happened or happens! None of us actually saw him go off on Frank except for Marv, who I'm guessing was at the game...This may be something he does at practice as well, we just don't know...

Coaches going off on players on the sidelines aint new, professional or not....from John Thompson to Coach K, Rick Pitino, Pop, Riles, Bob Huggins, Bill Parcells, etc. Being that Fiz is a part of the Riley coaching tree, it's not surprising....As long as he has a bond with his players and history says that he does, they know not to listen to the yelling but the message, Frank and anyone else will be more than fine.

Before the Miami Game, D Wade mentioned that he and Fiz have a very tight relationship and that they used to have heated arguments all the time, but the arguments were out of love because he cared about Wade and his players. None of the players vouch for Fiz more than Wade has....

But we do know lots of players missed defensive assignment yesterday and he didn't go off on any of them. I want him to be equitable or hold his **** together till he gets to practice. I don't need the lecture on what coaches went off on their players. Thanks.

meloshouldgo

10/27/2018  12:55 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

C'mon fellas.

Because the idea it was a piss poor job of coaching in the 4th quarter is a vast overreaction is why.

I don't have to establish anything, if you watched the game the starters established the premise just fine. They deserved the opportunity to come back in and go down fighting instead of watching our bench get run out of the building by their starters. When you are trying to build up a young team, you need to reward them for playing well, not doing that makes you a piss poor coach at least for that one game.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/27/2018  12:59 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

And in 3, 2, 1...

Dude- for one last time this isn't about Frank except for you and Uptown. You can't handle that he actually did everything you have been bitching about - I get it, it happens.
Our first unit was playing really good defense and Fizdale ****ed up in the fourth quarter by keeping the no-defense line up in there for too long. Vonleh, Thomas, Mitch and Dot should all have been on the floor along with Frank. But keep on harping about making an impression on Frank - seems like it's all you got

Peace out girl scout

Look at you, criticism of Frank is "bitching". Guess your neverending bleating about Melo was prose. Right after pointing out this was Frank's best game as a Knick.

Which still isnt good enough to be a starting PG because his defense suffered, and Frank got pulled.

So no, he didnt do everything we were "bitching" about. Still pleased with his progress, however you want to characterize it.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2018  1:02 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

C'mon fellas.

I don't have to establish anything, if you watched the game the starters established the premise just fine. They deserved the opportunity to come back in and go down fighting instead of watching our bench get run out of the building by their starters. When you are trying to build up a young team, you need to reward them for playing well, not doing that makes you a piss poor coach at least for that one game.

If you watch the Warriors you know that they can go on a run when they need to. It is what they do. This wasn't anything new. What was exciting was that the Knicks were more than competitive with them going into the fourth quarter. I watched the game. I am going to watch it again because there isn't a game until Monday. I don't think the results would be any different if Fiz brought the starters back any sooner. If I rewatch it and see something different that makes me think the loss is on Fiz I will post that.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

10/27/2018  1:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2018  1:04 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

And in 3, 2, 1...

Peace out girl scout

Look at you, criticism of Frank is "bitching". Guess your neverending bleating about Melo was prose. Right after pointing out this was Frank's best game as a Knick.

Which still isnt good enough to be a starting PG because his defense suffered, and Frank got pulled.

So no, he didnt do everything we were "bitching" about. Still pleased with his progress, however you want to characterize it.

LOL - yes I did respond to you and Uptown. And yes he did play better than any other guard on the team and for the first half had matched arguably the best point guard in the league. But my response to Marv wasn't about Frank until the two of you tried your best to make it. And you are still trying to interject Melo into it as well. Like I said, it's all you got.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/27/2018  1:04 PM
Im real excited to see this starting five the next few games. Love the youth and balance of offense and defense. I do think Kanter will be inserted sometimes because he is so important on the boards and in the paint. I loved what I saw from Mitch although he hasnt played that much so we just gotta keep getting him more up to speed in terms of experience.
meloshouldgo

10/27/2018  1:05 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Im real excited to see this starting five the next few games. Love the youth and balance of offense and defense. I do think Kanter will be inserted sometimes because he is so important on the boards and in the paint. I loved what I saw from Mitch although he hasnt played that much so we just gotta keep getting him more up to speed in terms of experience.

I think our second unit sucks on defense so either Mitch or Vonleh will have to play extended minutes with them.

Knickoftime

10/27/2018  1:28 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

C'mon fellas.

The bench didn't get run out of the building by Golden State's starters.

The starters got run out of the building by Golden State's starters.

A 2 point game got turned into an 8 point game after a Trier basket in like a minute and 10 seconds, which included a turnover by a starter.

The full starting unit was then in the game when an 8 point lead turned into a 28 point lead in 5 1/2 mins.

I guess this is the part where I'm suppose to ask "did you actually watch the game?"

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/27/2018  1:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2018  1:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

C'mon fellas.

If you watch the Warriors you know that they can go on a run when they need to. It is what they do. This wasn't anything new. What was exciting was that the Knicks were more than competitive with them going into the fourth quarter. I watched the game. I am going to watch it again because there isn't a game until Monday. I don't think the results would be any different if Fiz brought the starters back any sooner. If I rewatch it and see something different that makes me think the loss is on Fiz I will post that.

Regardless of what Knick lineup was in the game at the time, the Warriors still win comfortably....the last 12 minutes are the championship rounds...The best player in the game went nuts and there wasn't anything anyone in a Knick uni could do about it. Durant said after the game that he only took 2 shots in the 3rd and decided to take over the game.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/27/2018  1:55 PM
Fizz has given Frank a lot of mins this season so far. He clearly values him and Frank put in the work to earn that time as well. I believe Fizz has built up that equity with Frank. As he named him the starter from game one, given him the 2nd most mins on the team and then named him starter at PG by game 6. He will be on Frank to reach his potential and Frank knows Fizz has his best interest given the equity. Its one thing if Frank was coming off the bench getting 15 mins a game and getting pulled for every small error. But that's not the case.

Frank looked confident and decisive when forced into iso play because the motions were taken away. Fizz gotta push those buttons to keep him in that confident and decisive mode. I have no doubt he will.

Really really wanted him to get that 20pt game under his belt though when he had 13.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
meloshouldgo

10/27/2018  1:58 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Fizz has given Frank a lot of mins this season so far. He clearly values him and Frank put in the work to earn that time as well. I believe Fizz has built up that equity with Frank. As he named him the starter from game one, given him the 2nd most mins on the team and then named him starter at PG by game 6. He will be on Frank to reach his potential and Frank knows Fizz has his best interest given the equity. Its one thing if Frank was coming off the bench getting 15 mins a game and getting pulled for every small error. But that's not the case.

Frank looked confident and decisive when forced into iso play because the motions were taken away. Fizz gotta push those buttons to keep him in that confident and decisive mode. I have no doubt he will.

Really really wanted him to get that 20pt game under his belt though when he had 13.

All you can look at is how many points someone scores? Twenty point game means what?

Game Thread: Warriors at Knicks - 7:30 pm ET

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy