Why Frank is the Best Point Guard in the Knicks
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/28/2018  8:18 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Not something you see often. Durant executed a series of moves with exquisite footwork, then turns around to shoot the ball and is surprised to find Ntilikina still sticking to him like white in rice. The whole Warriors bench stood up in anticipation and the shot didn't go in because he had a hand on his face.

AND the help D by Noah was very good as well, as Mike had indicated in the video.

This is the upside of Frank, you really can't pick him off to exploit the PG position too often.

Exactly, this is the first time Frank started with a group playing competent defense and didn't have to spend all his effort trying to coverup for mistakes by others. I hope this lineup sticks
Absolutely. Also it let him focus a little more on offense. That’s why I love this starting lineup
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/29/2018  9:47 AM
D'likinaaaaaaa. How can one not appreciate what he brings to the table? I think he's locked in the starting spot for a while...or at least I hope so
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/29/2018  10:15 AM
Cartman718 wrote:D'likinaaaaaaa. How can one not appreciate what he brings to the table? I think he's locked in the starting spot for a while...or at least I hope so
Agreed. Timmy and him are the only guys who have remained starters for good reason
Cartman718

10/29/2018  1:55 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/29/2018  4:06 PM
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:I've been rough on Frank but I'm really encouraged by what I saw last night. I've been so caught up on what he can't do kind of minimize what he does well. The team is more cohesive when he is on the floor. He gets everyone more involved. I think this team needs Lee back. I like Dotson and Frank on the floor together but leaving our 2 best reserve guards as Trier and Burke just doesn't work. There is some nice 2 way players on this team. It hasn't translated to wins yet but I think we are close. I can't believe a 30 point blowout has made me optimistic

Yes

I wonder if they just want to find a taker for Lee and don’t use him because of that. He would be a welcome sight at least on the bench. The starting lineup is as young as it can be and might not last the whole season (though I wish) so maybe he will play a role there at some point. Either way, he would help a lot to this team.

It’s been written about fairly often. Lee is hurt and hasn’t practiced much since his neck injury early in training camp.

Thought he had recovered but because of the trade speculation wasn't playing. Thanks to clarify.

Knicks_Fan
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/29/2018  11:20 PM
Fiz wasn’t really on board with Frank as a PG at 1st. I was worried he was gonna do what Hornacek did but Fiz reversed course and has adjusted to Frank’s style of play. Frank isn’t most people’s cup of tea as a PG but now it’s more clear how you can succeed with him as a Ball Handler.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/30/2018  7:32 AM
nixluva wrote:Fiz wasn’t really on board with Frank as a PG at 1st. I was worried he was gonna do what Hornacek did but Fiz reversed course and has adjusted to Frank’s style of play. Frank isn’t most people’s cup of tea as a PG but now it’s more clear how you can succeed with him as a Ball Handler.

He is clearly the best option. I thought Burke would be a useful bench piece on a good team but my thoughts have changed rather quickly. I would look to move him. Someone might be interested in his early bird rights because his salary is so low. Replace him with Trier. Knicks can't afford 2 smalish guards on the floor. At least Trier is 6'4". Like I said before if we can get a 2nd for Burke maybe we could use that at the end of the season as a sweetener to move Lee. If we could get 2 quality players from this FA period, another lottery pick, plus Porzingis we could turn into a 50 win team next season.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/30/2018  8:39 AM
nixluva wrote:Fiz wasn’t really on board with Frank as a PG at 1st. I was worried he was gonna do what Hornacek did but Fiz reversed course and has adjusted to Frank’s style of play. Frank isn’t most people’s cup of tea as a PG but now it’s more clear how you can succeed with him as a Ball Handler.

He took some baby steps, lets just hope he keeps it up because we can't afford for him to play soft like a french poodle. We need all hands on deck

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/30/2018  9:07 AM
I am going to give Fiz a ton of credit here. It is clear that the new regime didn't really want to commit to Phil's players at first. I think Fiz is realizing that (some) of Phil's guys could help us. We all liked Dotson and he seemed forgotten. I like how he is emphasizing Frank by building him up first. The marketing department has seemingly removed all traces of Courtney Lee - imagine if Fiz plays the best guy instead of worrying about politics? A second unit featuring Lee and Kanter would be a great to develop the young guys as starters but have some veterans on standby
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/30/2018  9:48 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I am going to give Fiz a ton of credit here. It is clear that the new regime didn't really want to commit to Phil's players at first. I think Fiz is realizing that (some) of Phil's guys could help us. We all liked Dotson and he seemed forgotten. I like how he is emphasizing Frank by building him up first. The marketing department has seemingly removed all traces of Courtney Lee - imagine if Fiz plays the best guy instead of worrying about politics? A second unit featuring Lee and Kanter would be a great to develop the young guys as starters but have some veterans on standby

We'll see when Lee is fully healthy. Kanter will definitely play a bulk of minutes as the double-double machine that he is.

Knicks_Fan
Cartman718

10/30/2018  9:58 AM
Gudris wrote:This video could be 2x shorter, please write a script before you record a video. Too much bla bla bla

NBK good feedback here...just saw your review of last night's game on Youtube. Once I saw the length of the video, I just stopped lol...dude a 2 hours review of the game? Edit Edit Edit please!

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/30/2018  11:30 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I am going to give Fiz a ton of credit here. It is clear that the new regime didn't really want to commit to Phil's players at first. I think Fiz is realizing that (some) of Phil's guys could help us. We all liked Dotson and he seemed forgotten. I like how he is emphasizing Frank by building him up first. The marketing department has seemingly removed all traces of Courtney Lee - imagine if Fiz plays the best guy instead of worrying about politics? A second unit featuring Lee and Kanter would be a great to develop the young guys as starters but have some veterans on standby

Phil’s players are good players. If anyone thinks they aren’t they are crazy. Phil has seen greatness first hand as has Fizz. When you see it first hand you know what to look for in young players. You watch Dotson and Frank play you see energy as with KP you can sense positivity. Those three bring it both on offense and most importantly defense.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/30/2018  11:51 AM
Vmart wrote:

Phil’s players are good players. If anyone thinks they aren’t they are crazy. Phil has seen greatness first hand as has Fizz. When you see it first hand you know what to look for in young players. You watch Dotson and Frank play you see energy as with KP you can sense positivity. Those three bring it both on offense and most importantly defense.

the triangle and too much twitter was phils only problem, although we could have did without kuz, Dwill and Noah.

Frank, dot, KP, Lee, KOQ..they were good money

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2018  12:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

the triangle and too much twitter was phils only problem, although we could have did without kuz, Dwill and Noah.

Frank, dot, KP, Lee, KOQ..they were good money

Speaking of good money how's Mill's looking these days? Hows Timmy's contract looking? You typing "Frank took baby steps" must have felt like passing a stone
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/30/2018  2:43 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Gudris wrote:This video could be 2x shorter, please write a script before you record a video. Too much bla bla bla

NBK good feedback here...just saw your review of last night's game on Youtube. Once I saw the length of the video, I just stopped lol...dude a 2 hours review of the game? Edit Edit Edit please!

Don't mind the length. You could probably fill 4 hours worth of content if you're passionate about something. But time stamps might be something to consider.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Why Frank is the Best Point Guard in the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy