Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
10/27/2018  3:11 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
TheGame wrote:I am just glad the Knicks have finally understood what needed to happen. You drafted this kid to be your pg. You need to just start him at the point and see what he can do. Frank is never going to become a starting caliber point guard unless he is given a full opportunity to develop at the position. Hopefully, Coach Fiz will keep Frank as the starting PG for the next 20-30 games, so we can really get a sense of what the kid can do at the position.
Yup I give credit to fiz for that. Im pretty sure we will see this starting lineup for the forseeable future. I do think Kanter and eventually knox will get plugged in at times

I expect a little more chaos when Mudiay enters the picture. I just want the young guys to have consistent, meaningful minutes.

I dont see mudiay getting a lot of minutes. He looked bad in preseason and last year. I guess him and burke will compete for bench minutes but burke obviously has the advantage there

Coach seems to like Mudiay and his size does give the team more options defensively. I'm just speculating.

I think Fiz liked Mudiay but after seeing his preseason performance, he realized that Mudiay essentially sucks. The guy's drives to the basket in which he misses and falls down create instant 4 on 5 fastbreaks for the other team, and he plays so-so defense at best. I think Mudiay gets cut when it is time to sign Trier.

Trust the Process
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/27/2018  3:20 PM
TheGame wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
TheGame wrote:I am just glad the Knicks have finally understood what needed to happen. You drafted this kid to be your pg. You need to just start him at the point and see what he can do. Frank is never going to become a starting caliber point guard unless he is given a full opportunity to develop at the position. Hopefully, Coach Fiz will keep Frank as the starting PG for the next 20-30 games, so we can really get a sense of what the kid can do at the position.
Yup I give credit to fiz for that. Im pretty sure we will see this starting lineup for the forseeable future. I do think Kanter and eventually knox will get plugged in at times

I expect a little more chaos when Mudiay enters the picture. I just want the young guys to have consistent, meaningful minutes.

I dont see mudiay getting a lot of minutes. He looked bad in preseason and last year. I guess him and burke will compete for bench minutes but burke obviously has the advantage there

Coach seems to like Mudiay and his size does give the team more options defensively. I'm just speculating.

I think Fiz liked Mudiay but after seeing his preseason performance, he realized that Mudiay essentially sucks. The guy's drives to the basket in which he misses and falls down create instant 4 on 5 fastbreaks for the other team, and he plays so-so defense at best. I think Mudiay gets cut when it is time to sign Trier.

Yeah mudiay got a long extended look in the preseason. Also missing these games out of the gate dont help either
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/27/2018  3:29 PM
Mudiay will get a chance. Knicks made a commitment to him. How long and how much time is not known. If he does not perform that's a different story. Fiz knows the work he did or didn't put in and I would imagine they set goals for him. If he don't meet them, then thats a another story.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2018  4:30 PM
Nalod wrote:Mudiay will get a chance. Knicks made a commitment to him. How long and how much time is not known. If he does not perform that's a different story. Fiz knows the work he did or didn't put in and I would imagine they set goals for him. If he don't meet them, then thats a another story.
Fiz during training camp said Mudiay turned the ball over the least of all the point guards. He credited him for getting into great shape, lost a lot of lbs. Also it was reported that no point guard stood out more than the other. I think he will get a chance. The guys playing are in really good shape. Lee talked about being worried that he would not be in game shape for awhile. I would guess it would be the same for Mudiay. It might help Mudiay to rehab playing with Westchester.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/27/2018  4:54 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I was rooting for mudiay. I just dont see where he fits

he doesn't fit

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

10/27/2018  10:51 PM
This is actually well written - I agree with most of his player reviews

http://knickerblogger.net/golden-state-warriors-128-new-york-knicks-100-game-recap/

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/28/2018  2:05 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/28/2018  10:36 AM
Jmpasq wrote:I've been rough on Frank but I'm really encouraged by what I saw last night. I've been so caught up on what he can't do kind of minimize what he does well. The team is more cohesive when he is on the floor. He gets everyone more involved. I think this team needs Lee back. I like Dotson and Frank on the floor together but leaving our 2 best reserve guards as Trier and Burke just doesn't work. There is some nice 2 way players on this team. It hasn't translated to wins yet but I think we are close. I can't believe a 30 point blowout has made me optimistic

Yes

I wonder if they just want to find a taker for Lee and don’t use him because of that. He would be a welcome sight at least on the bench. The starting lineup is as young as it can be and might not last the whole season (though I wish) so maybe he will play a role there at some point. Either way, he would help a lot to this team.

Knicks_Fan
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/28/2018  11:57 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:Mudiay will get a chance. Knicks made a commitment to him. How long and how much time is not known. If he does not perform that's a different story. Fiz knows the work he did or didn't put in and I would imagine they set goals for him. If he don't meet them, then thats a another story.
Fiz during training camp said Mudiay turned the ball over the least of all the point guards. He credited him for getting into great shape, lost a lot of lbs. Also it was reported that no point guard stood out more than the other. I think he will get a chance. The guys playing are in really good shape. Lee talked about being worried that he would not be in game shape for awhile. I would guess it would be the same for Mudiay. It might help Mudiay to rehab playing with Westchester.

I would prefer Mudiay as oppose Ron (ANIMAL THUG) Baker, He's actually the reason for Lee's injury. Not only does this guy injury himself, he injuries his own teammates, I mean for god sake he ran into his own man and busted up his forehead, he's just not a really smart player .

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/28/2018  12:05 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I would prefer Mudiay as oppose Ron (ANIMAL THUG) Baker, He's actually the reason for Lee's injury. Not only does this guy injury himself, he injuries his own teammates, I mean for god sake he ran into his own man and busted up his forehead, he's just not a really smart player .

Would be funny if that was how Baker signed his children's books, lol.

knicks1248
10/28/2018  2:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I would prefer Mudiay as oppose to Ron (ANIMAL THUG) Baker, He's actually the reason for Lee's injury. Not only does this guy injure himself, he injuries his own teammates, I mean for god sake he ran into his own man and busted up his forehead, he's just not a really smart player .

ES
knicks1248
10/28/2018  2:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I would prefer Mudiay as oppose to Ron (ANIMAL THUG) Baker, He's actually the reason for Lee's injury. Not only does this guy injure himself, he injuries his own teammates, I mean for god sake he ran into his own man and busted up his forehead, he's just not a really smart player .

one for the team

ES
knicks1248
10/28/2018  2:14 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Would be funny if that was how Baker signed his children's books, lol.

that would be hilarious

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/28/2018  5:20 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:I've been rough on Frank but I'm really encouraged by what I saw last night. I've been so caught up on what he can't do kind of minimize what he does well. The team is more cohesive when he is on the floor. He gets everyone more involved. I think this team needs Lee back. I like Dotson and Frank on the floor together but leaving our 2 best reserve guards as Trier and Burke just doesn't work. There is some nice 2 way players on this team. It hasn't translated to wins yet but I think we are close. I can't believe a 30 point blowout has made me optimistic

Yes

I wonder if they just want to find a taker for Lee and don’t use him because of that. He would be a welcome sight at least on the bench. The starting lineup is as young as it can be and might not last the whole season (though I wish) so maybe he will play a role there at some point. Either way, he would help a lot to this team.

It’s been written about fairly often. Lee is hurt and hasn’t practiced much since his neck injury early in training camp.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo

10/28/2018  6:20 PM
Not something you see often. Durant executed a series of moves with exquisite footwork, then turns around to shoot the ball and is surprised to find Ntilikina still sticking to him like white in rice. The whole Warriors bench stood up in anticipation and the shot didn't go in because he had a hand on his face.

meloshouldgo

10/28/2018  6:43 PM
And then there was this. Against a guy who put up 50+ points by the third quarter on his last game.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/28/2018  7:20 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:And then there was this. Against a guy who put up 50+ points by the third quarter on his last game.

Wait! You don't mean this guy?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo

10/28/2018  8:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:And then there was this. Against a guy who put up 50+ points by the third quarter on his last game.

Wait! You don't mean this guy?

And this guy

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/28/2018  8:05 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Not something you see often. Durant executed a series of moves with exquisite footwork, then turns around to shoot the ball and is surprised to find Ntilikina still sticking to him like white in rice. The whole Warriors bench stood up in anticipation and the shot didn't go in because he had a hand on his face.

AND the help D by Noah was very good as well, as Mike had indicated in the video.

This is the upside of Frank, you really can't pick him off to exploit the PG position too often.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo

10/28/2018  8:12 PM
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Not something you see often. Durant executed a series of moves with exquisite footwork, then turns around to shoot the ball and is surprised to find Ntilikina still sticking to him like white in rice. The whole Warriors bench stood up in anticipation and the shot didn't go in because he had a hand on his face.

AND the help D by Noah was very good as well, as Mike had indicated in the video.

This is the upside of Frank, you really can't pick him off to exploit the PG position too often.

Exactly, this is the first time Frank started with a group playing competent defense and didn't have to spend all his effort trying to coverup for mistakes by others. I hope this lineup sticks
Why Frank is the Best Point Guard in the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy