[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why Frank is the Best Point Guard in the Knicks
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/27/2018  1:22 AM
NBK wrote:Yup Frank took the keys tonight! He played well vs TOP competition. Let's see if he can keep em! Cant wait to see if he can continue this kinda play vs Brooklyn.
he usually plays well against Brooklyn so I think so. I think a big key is dotson. Playing with dotson gives frank a little help on defense so he can focus a little more on offense
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/27/2018  8:51 AM
What disappoints me is that I preferred the ball movement and offense under Fish and Hornachek vs so far with Fiz.

Granted Fish and Horny had Porzingis, but even so the way we are trying to play I don’t really like it on offense. We don’t play team basketball. We need an offense that requires more ball movement and better cutting/motion.

I guess if you had a great passer and superstars like Lebron and Wade in Miami, what Fiz is trying to do works. We don’t have those exceptional guard talent.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2018  9:50 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
NBK wrote:Yup Frank took the keys tonight! He played well vs TOP competition. Let's see if he can keep em! Cant wait to see if he can continue this kinda play vs Brooklyn.
he usually plays well against Brooklyn so I think so. I think a big key is dotson. Playing with dotson gives frank a little help on defense so he can focus a little more on offense
i am curious to see how Trier plays. He has had a couple of bad games against Brooklyn and didn't look that great last night. Both he and Burke suit the 6th man role. I am not sure that they both can be effective playing together.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/27/2018  10:13 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:What disappoints me is that I preferred the ball movement and offense under Fish and Hornachek vs so far with Fiz.

Granted Fish and Horny had Porzingis, but even so the way we are trying to play I don’t really like it on offense. We don’t play team basketball. We need an offense that requires more ball movement and better cutting/motion.

I guess if you had a great passer and superstars like Lebron and Wade in Miami, what Fiz is trying to do works. We don’t have those exceptional guard talent.

Your right

Sounds like your saying "the talent we have is not suited for the system the coach runs"

Hmmm, sounds like the knicks typical scenario, Like trying to turn chris dunn in to steve nash, or AA into Kobe/MJ

ES
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/27/2018  10:31 AM
I've been rough on Frank but I'm really encouraged by what I saw last night. I've been so caught up on what he can't do kind of minimize what he does well. The team is more cohesive when he is on the floor. He gets everyone more involved. I think this team needs Lee back. I like Dotson and Frank on the floor together but leaving our 2 best reserve guards as Trier and Burke just doesn't work. There is some nice 2 way players on this team. It hasn't translated to wins yet but I think we are close. I can't believe a 30 point blowout has made me optimistic
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/27/2018  10:37 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:What disappoints me is that I preferred the ball movement and offense under Fish and Hornachek vs so far with Fiz.

Your right

Sounds like your saying "the talent we have is not suited for the system the coach runs"

Hmmm, sounds like the knicks typical scenario, Like trying to turn chris dunn in to steve nash, or AA into Kobe/MJ

Agree the ball movement could be better, wouldnt mind more P&Rs as well.

My concern with these shifting lineups, is running into some of the same problems we witnessed with Derek Fisher's team. He was moving guys in and out of the starting lineup all season. Players were reported to have been unreceptive to the constant roster shuffling. Made it hard for players to understand their role, get into a rhythm.

At first I was on board with Fisher tinkering with the lineup, but after a while it just looked directionless.

Im on board as a fan, with Fizdale trying out different lineups, early in the season. Especially with KP out, and rooks, 2nd year players to evaluate.

At some point however, Id like to see Fizdale settle on a lineup, and run with it for a while. Otherwise I could see it alienating vets, like it did with Fisher.

StarksEwing1

10/27/2018  10:39 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Your right

Agree the ball movement could be better, wouldnt mind more P&Rs as well.

My concern with these shifting lineups, is running into some of the same problems we witnessed with Derek Fisher's team. He was moving guys in and out of the starting lineup all season. Players were reported to have been unreceptive to the constant roster shuffling. Made it hard for players to understand their role, get into a rhythm.

At first I was on board with Fisher tinkering with the lineup, but after a while it just looked directionless.

Im on board as a fan, with Fizdale trying out different lineups, early in the season. Especially with KP out, and rooks, 2nd year players to evaluate.

At some point however, Id like to see Fizdale settle on a lineup, and run with it for a while. Otherwise I could see it alienating vets, like it did with Fisher.

Personally I love this starting lineup. I felt they were moving the ball well and had chemistry. Also more defensive which is something ive always been in favor of
Ira
Member: #91
10/27/2018  11:09 AM
I agree with the guy in the video. Frank has basketball smarts and knows how to run an offense. He's like a coach on the court and he's the best defensive player on the team.
StarksEwing1

10/27/2018  11:16 AM
Ira wrote:I agree with the guy in the video. Frank has basketball smarts and knows how to run an offense. He's like a coach on the court and he's the best defensive player on the team.
Especially at his age having smarts and defensive ability in not too common. Now that we are starting to see the offense a little bit its pretty exciting. The 2017 draft is looking good
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/27/2018  12:35 PM
Jmpasq wrote:I've been rough on Frank but I'm really encouraged by what I saw last night. I've been so caught up on what he can't do kind of minimize what he does well. The team is more cohesive when he is on the floor. He gets everyone more involved. I think this team needs Lee back. I like Dotson and Frank on the floor together but leaving our 2 best reserve guards as Trier and Burke just doesn't work. There is some nice 2 way players on this team. It hasn't translated to wins yet but I think we are close. I can't believe a 30 point blowout has made me optimistic

Good for you

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1

10/27/2018  12:44 PM
Jmpasq wrote:I've been rough on Frank but I'm really encouraged by what I saw last night. I've been so caught up on what he can't do kind of minimize what he does well. The team is more cohesive when he is on the floor. He gets everyone more involved. I think this team needs Lee back. I like Dotson and Frank on the floor together but leaving our 2 best reserve guards as Trier and Burke just doesn't work. There is some nice 2 way players on this team. It hasn't translated to wins yet but I think we are close. I can't believe a 30 point blowout has made me optimistic
Appreciate the honesty. I think we have all agreed what Frank needs to continue to work on. However like you said I think some just focus on offense and lose sight of how important he is on the floor. However I do think he is much more comfortable running the show at point. He will never be flashy but we dont need him to be. I also think having other defenders out there like Dot and mitch takes some pressure off and he can focus a little more on offense
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/27/2018  12:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Your right

Or thinking your thought process will offer clarity.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/27/2018  2:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
i am curious to see how Trier plays. He has had a couple of bad games against Brooklyn and didn't look that great last night. Both he and Burke suit the 6th man role. I am not sure that they both can be effective playing together.

We have the option of just sticking Trier down in the G-League. I know, not fair, but it gives the front office some time to make moves. You're right, that a Burke/Trier back-court will be rough. Add in Hezonja, and it will be damn right catastrophic on some nights from a ball movement and defense standpoint.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/27/2018  2:32 PM
I am just glad the Knicks have finally understood what needed to happen. You drafted this kid to be your pg. You need to just start him at the point and see what he can do. Frank is never going to become a starting caliber point guard unless he is given a full opportunity to develop at the position. Hopefully, Coach Fiz will keep Frank as the starting PG for the next 20-30 games, so we can really get a sense of what the kid can do at the position.
Trust the Process
StarksEwing1

10/27/2018  2:39 PM
TheGame wrote:I am just glad the Knicks have finally understood what needed to happen. You drafted this kid to be your pg. You need to just start him at the point and see what he can do. Frank is never going to become a starting caliber point guard unless he is given a full opportunity to develop at the position. Hopefully, Coach Fiz will keep Frank as the starting PG for the next 20-30 games, so we can really get a sense of what the kid can do at the position.
Yup I give credit to fiz for that. Im pretty sure we will see this starting lineup for the forseeable future. I do think Kanter and eventually knox will get plugged in at times
BigDaddyG

10/27/2018  2:47 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
TheGame wrote:I am just glad the Knicks have finally understood what needed to happen. You drafted this kid to be your pg. You need to just start him at the point and see what he can do. Frank is never going to become a starting caliber point guard unless he is given a full opportunity to develop at the position. Hopefully, Coach Fiz will keep Frank as the starting PG for the next 20-30 games, so we can really get a sense of what the kid can do at the position.
Yup I give credit to fiz for that. Im pretty sure we will see this starting lineup for the forseeable future. I do think Kanter and eventually knox will get plugged in at times

I expect a little more chaos when Mudiay enters the picture. I just want the young guys to have consistent, meaningful minutes.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1

10/27/2018  2:50 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I expect a little more chaos when Mudiay enters the picture. I just want the young guys to have consistent, meaningful minutes.

I dont see mudiay getting a lot of minutes. He looked bad in preseason and last year. I guess him and burke will compete for bench minutes but burke obviously has the advantage there
BigDaddyG

10/27/2018  3:00 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I dont see mudiay getting a lot of minutes. He looked bad in preseason and last year. I guess him and burke will compete for bench minutes but burke obviously has the advantage there

Coach seems to like Mudiay and his size does give the team more options defensively. I'm just speculating.
BigDaddyG

10/27/2018  3:02 PM
Gaines at it again. This time with some supportive words for Frank.

StarksEwing1

10/27/2018  3:04 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Coach seems to like Mudiay and his size does give the team more options defensively. I'm just speculating.
I was rooting for mudiay. I just dont see where he fits
Why Frank is the Best Point Guard in the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy