[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why Frank is the Best Point Guard in the Knicks
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

10/26/2018  11:25 AM
NBK wrote:I'm ready for the civil war! But I definitley believe Frank is the one to get the offense moving in the right direction. The Knicks currently average 106.5 mpg on 41.9% shooting and only averaging 20 assists per game. Much of it is due to one on one play, or one pass on shot. The offense is not fluid. I believe Frank has the ability to run the offense properly and help improve those numbers. Check the vid below, I explain why!

Kinda like saying Joan Rivers is the most beautiful comedian between Whoopi Goldberg and Rosanne Barr.
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/26/2018  12:40 PM
Welpee wrote:
NBK wrote:I'm ready for the civil war! But I definitley believe Frank is the one to get the offense moving in the right direction. The Knicks currently average 106.5 mpg on 41.9% shooting and only averaging 20 assists per game. Much of it is due to one on one play, or one pass on shot. The offense is not fluid. I believe Frank has the ability to run the offense properly and help improve those numbers. Check the vid below, I explain why!

Kinda like saying Joan Rivers is the most beautiful comedian between Whoopi Goldberg and Rosanne Barr.

that's funny but c'mon man show some respect. the guy is playing well and trending right

(5)(5)
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/26/2018  12:47 PM
I think he has been our best option at PG and the lockdown D is great, but i do want to see him become more aggressive on offense. It's just necessary.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/26/2018  12:59 PM
Knixkik wrote:I think he has been our best option at PG and the lockdown D is great, but i do want to see him become more aggressive on offense. It's just necessary.
of course. I think everyone is in agreement about that. However despite still working on his offense he is still a real good distributor,controls things well,and obviously bring great d is why fiz sees him as someone important. Fiz doesn’t just st look at the point total.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/26/2018  1:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2018  1:18 PM
There is no doubt in my mind Frank should be the starting PG. The Knicks need to take Lance Thomas out and have him come off the bench. They should insert Dotson in the starting lineup. Best bet going forward for the future.

Knox
Dotson
Kanter
THJ
Frank

That should be the starting line up. My biggest question about Frank is when the hell is he going to get to double digit in points. I hate the fact they have him camping out in the corner while some undrafted guy get to throw up shots. Anyone tired of seeing that?

Welpee

10/26/2018  1:16 PM
Chandler wrote:
Welpee wrote:

that's funny but c'mon man show some respect. the guy is playing well and trending right

Yeah, but you gotta admit the competition at the point is not exactly stellar right now. What other team would we be discussing Frank as the starting PG?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/26/2018  1:40 PM
I think Frank deserves his shot but I wouldn't give it to him now. You're asking a guy with a career 43.8 TSP to lead an offense. I don't see it, unless Frank is going to throw the ball to the point forward that we don't actually have on the roster. I think Frank could become that but I don't think he is a starting PG yet. I also think if you give him his shot now, he's doomed to fail and will chased out of town as a draft bust. Let him play defense and not be given any important offensive responsibilities.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/26/2018  1:41 PM
Welpee wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Yeah, but you gotta admit the competition at the point is not exactly stellar right now. What other team would we be discussing Frank as the starting PG?

c'mon man. Spurs would take him in a heartbeat; Utah; Milwaukee, maybe Detroit (can't imagine Casey loves Jackson);Orlando; Bulls?; Cavs; Dallas (if they were smart); Lakers prefer him over Lonzo (talk about broken shot); wolves? (depends what you think about Teague); Suns; (and Houston has Chris Paul on his last legs). For sure he's not a star at this point but there's a lot to be optimistic about. He's smart; has size; is team-oriented; hard working. I remain hopeful he follows a Kawhi trajectory even if falling short of that destination

You're too focused on his offense. It's true he hesitate, and he's not crazy razzle dazzle. But his stroke looks good; he rarely takes a wild shot (cue up Hezonja); he never takes a shot which if he missed he's so far under the hoop he can't defend transition (cue up Rose, DSJ and tons of other explosive pgs)

He stuffed Ben Simmons at the rim last year. That was crazy highlight. It should be the forum's logo image. He held his own on Harden and Wade when they tried to cross him up with their dribble moves. His highlights are on D, but more important he's not trying to do highlight stuff; he's trying to do smart stuff

patience is the key

(5)(5)
blkexec
Member: #748
10/26/2018  1:52 PM
Maybe it's just me. but I thought Frank was already a Point Forward. Maybe the thread should change to bring burke off the bench.....But regardless what position front plays....hes still an unselfish passer and creator.

Too much energy on what he cant do. That usually spells disaster for a players growth..if they focus too much on weaknesses....then your strengths get weaker and his impact on the game will reduce.

He gets the message....be more aggressive on offense. No need to keep repeating the same things. He needs to improve his defense against strong forwards.....and shifty guards.....The other things either comes ater he matures.....or guess what....never. Who cares at this point. I'm happy to have a potential lock down player guarding 3 positions. That the real gold. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
StarksEwing1

10/26/2018  1:56 PM
blkexec wrote:Maybe it's just me. but I thought Frank was already a Point Forward. Maybe the thread should change to bring burke off the bench.....But regardless what position front plays....hes still an unselfish passer and creator.

Too much energy on what he cant do. That usually spells disaster for a players growth..if they focus too much on weaknesses....then your strengths get weaker and his impact on the game will reduce.

He gets the message....be more aggressive on offense. No need to keep repeating the same things. He needs to improve his defense against strong forwards.....and shifty guards.....The other things either comes ater he matures.....or guess what....never. Who cares at this point. I'm happy to have a potential lock down player guarding 3 positions. That the real gold. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Good Post.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/26/2018  2:01 PM
I'm just going to take the macro approach and assume some fans are going to be fixated on this until he's averaging at least 14/7 on at least league average TS% and that their fixation will micro-increase with every game, week, month and season until those averages are met or exceeded.
Welpee

10/26/2018  2:40 PM
Chandler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Welpee wrote:

c'mon man. Spurs would take him in a heartbeat; Utah; Milwaukee, maybe Detroit (can't imagine Casey loves Jackson);Orlando; Bulls?; Cavs; Dallas (if they were smart); Lakers prefer him over Lonzo (talk about broken shot); wolves? (depends what you think about Teague); Suns; (and Houston has Chris Paul on his last legs). For sure he's not a star at this point but there's a lot to be optimistic about. He's smart; has size; is team-oriented; hard working. I remain hopeful he follows a Kawhi trajectory even if falling short of that destination

You're too focused on his offense. It's true he hesitate, and he's not crazy razzle dazzle. But his stroke looks good; he rarely takes a wild shot (cue up Hezonja); he never takes a shot which if he missed he's so far under the hoop he can't defend transition (cue up Rose, DSJ and tons of other explosive pgs)

He stuffed Ben Simmons at the rim last year. That was crazy highlight. It should be the forum's logo image. He held his own on Harden and Wade when they tried to cross him up with their dribble moves. His highlights are on D, but more important he's not trying to do highlight stuff; he's trying to do smart stuff

patience is the key

You're answering a question I didn't ask. I didn't ask who would take him, I asked which team would we be discussing Frank as their starting PG today. I'm being patient with Frank, but I'm not anointing him the future second coming yet.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/26/2018  3:27 PM
Knickoftime wrote:I'm just going to take the macro approach and assume some fans are going to be fixated on this until he's averaging at least 14/7 on at least league average TS% and that their fixation will micro-increase with every game, week, month and season until those averages are met or exceeded.

True but who cares what they are fixted on? Can't fix stupid.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime

10/26/2018  3:38 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:I'm just going to take the macro approach and assume some fans are going to be fixated on this until he's averaging at least 14/7 on at least league average TS% and that their fixation will micro-increase with every game, week, month and season until those averages are met or exceeded.

True but who cares what they are fixted on? Can't fix stupid.

That's what I mean by macro approach.

Is what it is, can't change it.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/26/2018  6:06 PM
Vmart wrote:There is no doubt in my mind Frank should be the starting PG. The Knicks need to take Lance Thomas out and have him come off the bench. They should insert Dotson in the starting lineup. Best bet going forward for the future.

Knox
Dotson
Kanter
THJ
Frank

That should be the starting line up. My biggest question about Frank is when the hell is he going to get to double digit in points. I hate the fact they have him camping out in the corner while some undrafted guy get to throw up shots. Anyone tired of seeing that?

That reminds me of Starks first year with the Knicks when MJax minutes dropped so much.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/26/2018  7:10 PM
He just got the keys to the car. Will he kee them? (Hoping it’s a resounding YES)
Knicks_Fan
Knickoftime

10/26/2018  7:17 PM
Knicksfan wrote:He just got the keys to the car. Will he kee them? (Hoping it’s a resounding YES)

And it's fine if for a while he just obeys the speed limit, uses his turn signal, slows down at the first sign of a yellow light, and stays in the center and right lanes.

He doesn't have to join the cast of the Fast and the Furious by next week to keep his car privileges.

StarksEwing1

10/26/2018  7:20 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:He just got the keys to the car. Will he kee them? (Hoping it’s a resounding YES)

And it's fine if for a while he just obeys the speed limit, uses his turn signal, slows down at the first sign of a yellow light, and stays in the center and right lanes.

He doesn't have to join the cast of the Fast and the Furious by next week to keep his car privileges.

As much as this cracks me up its a fairly good analogy
StarksEwing1

10/26/2018  10:27 PM
Well he sure did take the keys and floored it
NBK
Member: #8667

10/27/2018  1:19 AM
Yup Frank took the keys tonight! He played well vs TOP competition. Let's see if he can keep em! Cant wait to see if he can continue this kinda play vs Brooklyn.
Why Frank is the Best Point Guard in the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy