Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/24/2018  7:16 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:Is that a yes?

You think a 29 win team a year ago has added enough talent to win 44-45 games?

Or... they may just not be that talented.

yes thats a yes on the first question.. on the 44 45 wins...since when did an 8th seed in the east win 44-45 games. gtfoh.

2015-16.

Last year Wizards won 43.

welcome back yo

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/24/2018  7:25 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I am not micro-second guessing. I don't think you can have two players in your starting line up that give you almost nothing on offense.

Knicks has been competitive in each of the 4 games they've played. Seems to be working fine.

I came into this season expecting a 30 win-ish team. I'm not changing those expectations because I think if they ahd the right starting line-up they could be 2-2 or 3-1.

I more give them credit for being competitive, which means I don't think changes need to be made for any other reason than what the season is about, assessing what they got.

I think there are some groupings that don't work on offense (i.e. Lance, Frank, Mudiay, Baker, Mitch). I also think you give up too much on defense if you go with a line up of Burke, Tim, Knox, Mario, Kanter but of the two I prefer the latter.

I think the Knicks are who they are based on their roster, which is a below average NBA basbetball team.

I don't think they're different teams depending on how you group them.

Again, I don't think both guys need to go but one does unless something changes.

Why does it need to change? They've been competitive, which is as much as we can ask for.

Frank's numbers are similar to last year. Lance's shooting percentages are at or near career lows so that might improve.

In 4 games.

Not sure but I didn't expect an argument to the idea that 9 and 5 combined from your starting forwards means something needs to change.

Forget the reasons why something needs to change, what's the point of the changes?

You think they're competing for a playoff berth?

I am not saying guys won't get their same minutes. I am saying that the combination of having two players in the starting line up that barely contribute on offense isn't working. Give Lance his 20 minutes or Frank his 30 minutes. I am saying that your starting forwards should not average 9 pts and 5 rebs between them. Mix it up.

What isn't working about it?

Because they lost by 2 points at Brooklyn and to Boston that means it isn't working?

Ironically it was Franks offense that got us back in the net game too. I have no problem saying he needs to produce more consistently, I agree. I just feel some blame that for not winning. Truthfully we need better overall defense from others. Scoring is nice but if you don’t make stops especially against better teams you aren’t winning
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/24/2018  7:29 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I am not micro-second guessing. I don't think you can have two players in your starting line up that give you almost nothing on offense.

Knicks has been competitive in each of the 4 games they've played. Seems to be working fine.

I came into this season expecting a 30 win-ish team. I'm not changing those expectations because I think if they ahd the right starting line-up they could be 2-2 or 3-1.

I more give them credit for being competitive, which means I don't think changes need to be made for any other reason than what the season is about, assessing what they got.

I think there are some groupings that don't work on offense (i.e. Lance, Frank, Mudiay, Baker, Mitch). I also think you give up too much on defense if you go with a line up of Burke, Tim, Knox, Mario, Kanter but of the two I prefer the latter.

I think the Knicks are who they are based on their roster, which is a below average NBA basbetball team.

Again, I don't think both guys need to go but one does unless something changes.

Why does it need to change? They've been competitive, which is as much as we can ask for.

Frank's numbers are similar to last year. Lance's shooting percentages are at or near career lows so that might improve.

In 4 games.

Not sure but I didn't expect an argument to the idea that 9 and 5 combined from your starting forwards means something needs to change.

Forget the reasons why something needs to change, what's the point of the changes?

I am not saying guys won't get their same minutes. I am saying that the combination of having two players in the starting line up that barely contribute on offense isn't working. Give Lance his 20 minutes or Frank his 30 minutes. I am saying that your starting forwards should not average 9 pts and 5 rebs between them. Mix it up.

Because they lost by 2 points at Brooklyn and to Boston that means it isn't working?

Ironically it was Franks offense that got us back in the net game too. I have no problem saying he needs to produce more consistently, I agree. I just feel some blame that for not winning. Truthfully we need better overall defense from others. Scoring is nice but if you don’t make stops especially against better teams you aren’t winning
Its about both starting forwards only giving you 9 and 5 together. I don't think there is room for two players so offensively challenged to be in the same starting lineup together.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

10/24/2018  7:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

In 4 games.

Its about both starting forwards only giving you 9 and 5 together. I don't think there is room for two players so offensively challenged to be in the same starting lineup together.
I don’t mind changing it up. Lance is probably better suited coming off the bench anyway for defense
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/24/2018  7:36 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

yes thats a yes on the first question.. on the 44 45 wins...since when did an 8th seed in the east win 44-45 games. gtfoh.

2015-16.

welcome back yo

Might not be for long what with the elections around the corner. ;-)

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/24/2018  7:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

In 4 games.

On a team with playoff ambitions, maybe.

As it is, that's not the case here.

meloshouldgo

10/24/2018  7:40 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

2015-16.

welcome back yo

Might not be for long what with the elections around the corner. ;-)

you won't post here during the elections? who am I going to argue with?

meloshouldgo

10/24/2018  7:42 PM
Got lost atthe bottom of last page - but these are the two bets lineups we have

So far our two best lineups (out of those with than 10 minutes of total game time)

Vonleh, Hezonjah, Frank, Dotson and Trier
Vonleh, Hezonjah, Knox, Baker and Trier

So says the data https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612752&sort=MIN&dir=1
Till we get better sample size - One of these lineups should finish out games.

ScoreBot
10/24/2018  7:46 PM
Q1 9:15
MIA 2 NYK 3
meloshouldgo

10/24/2018  7:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2018  7:58 PM
THJR has the second highets FGA in the league, but 15th higehst scorer. No shcok
ScoreBot
10/24/2018  7:48 PM
Q1 7:48
MIA 4 NYK 5
ScoreBot
10/24/2018  7:50 PM
Q1 6:16
MIA 7 NYK 5
ScoreBot
10/24/2018  7:54 PM
Q1 5:35
MIA 7 NYK 5
ScoreBot
10/24/2018  7:56 PM
Q1 5:05
MIA 10 NYK 5
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/24/2018  7:57 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:THJR has the second highets FGA in the league, but 5th higehst scorer. No shcok

with 2 starters giving up the rock every time they touch it...

if thomas can do more of that he wouldn't have to take every shot

ES
ScoreBot
10/24/2018  7:58 PM
Q1 3:09
MIA 12 NYK 13
StarksEwing1

10/24/2018  7:58 PM
Frank with the drive and dunk
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

10/24/2018  7:59 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Frank with the drive and dunk

Let's hope he continues to drive the lane

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
ScoreBot
10/24/2018  8:00 PM
Q1 2:49
MIA 14 NYK 13
meloshouldgo

10/24/2018  8:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:THJR has the second highets FGA in the league, but 5th higehst scorer. No shcok

with 2 starters giving up the rock every time they touch it...

if thomas can do more of that he wouldn't have to take every shot

Cut the BS - you could put LeBron and Durant out there, he still wouldn't pass it up. Once he gets the ball he just thinks shoot with blinders on. And that's 15th higehst scorer not 5th - Typo

Game Thread: Winnable game vs.Miami

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy