[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Winnable game vs.Miami
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/24/2018  3:38 PM
Knickoftime wrote:Is that a yes?

You think a 29 win team a year ago has added enough talent to win 44-45 games?

Or... they may just not be that talented.

yes thats a yes on the first question.. on the 44 45 wins...since when did an 8th seed in the east win 44-45 games. gtfoh.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/24/2018  3:39 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:This will be a key match to win, and boost the team's enthusiasm. Otherwise we may slide into moral victories mode. We are supposedly keeping the same lineup to start. Let's see what they can do.

This is what Fiz said I think in an interview that he'd keep the same lineup for 1 more game and then tweak it if necessary. Hopefully that tweak involves mario and dotson into the starting lineup and lance to bench.

between frank, dot, mario, thjr, i think there's enough people to bring the ball up the floor and this also fits in with fiz's whoever gets the ball first brings it up mantra.

there's a part of me hoping for a loss to force fiz's hand into a lineup change. if we win big tonight, he may not tweak it, which is desperately required.

If the Knicks win big, they'll be 2-3 with positve scoring differential, with two of those three losses being against two of the best teams in the east.

Why would they desperately require a line-up change?

Also...we are the only team with a +1 differential in scoring and 3rd last in our conference

So at the end of the day they'd have two blowout wins, a 2 point loss to Boston, a 2 pt loss to comparable team in their home opener, and a 11 pt loss on the road to a very good team in a game tied with < 4mins left.

Doesn't seem like a team desperate for a line-up change.

blowout wins are fools gold. easy to win when all your shots are falling. can we have a gritty win? comeback or otherwise?

Maybe in the remaining 95% of the season they will?

big maybe. like i said...if coach wants to tweak stuff now is the time...not in jan.

I don't know there is much to tweak, or what the ends are.

I don't think this is a postseason team.

I don't think Fizdale thinks this is a postseason team.

Does he want to experiment? I'm all for that.

If you're thinking every possible win is precious because they might qualify for the posteason I think you have a loooong 6 months ahead of you.

Knickoftime

10/24/2018  3:40 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

yes thats a yes on the first question.. on the 44 45 wins...since when did an 8th seed in the east win 44-45 games. gtfoh.

2015-16.

Last year Wizards won 43.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/24/2018  3:50 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

2015-16.

last year cleveland didnt lose lebron thats one big team out of the mix and bottom of the barrel. chicago is playing like **** too. and after wiz last year detroit won 39. i think this season if we win 39 we could make playoffs.

whether we should want to or not...different question. and in the name of what ifs and foreseeable future. if we really want a good pick and tweaking the lineup is not the answer to win according to you, shouldn't we tweak the lineup anyway so we can get a higher pick.

you can't have it both ways.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/24/2018  4:00 PM
Marv wrote:heat check

all the posts in this thread and no one is acknowledging Marv's sweet sweet addition

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime

10/24/2018  4:15 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

2015-16.

last year cleveland didnt lose lebron thats one big team out of the mix and bottom of the barrel. chicago is playing like **** too. and after wiz last year detroit won 39. i think this season if we win 39 we could make playoffs.

whether we should want to or not...different question. and in the name of what ifs and foreseeable future. if we really want a good pick and tweaking the lineup is not the answer to win according to you, shouldn't we tweak the lineup anyway so we can get a higher pick.

you can't have it both ways.

I'm not asking to.

I don't believe you ask players or coaches to tank. That's on the front office.

You do, however, ask the head coach to be part of building for the long-term.

I don't think the Knicks are going to make the postseason and I don't think there's any urgency to change rotations and PT in the first week.

I'm fine with letting the head coach see what he's got on his terms and not micromanaging his edict to "develop" on a nightly or weekly basis. I'm willing to give him the room to figure things out in the same way I am Nitilikina.

He's got them playing hard and maybe a little over their head, which is awesome. Given I think they've exceeded expectations (as silly as that assessment is after 4 games) and not underachieved, see no reason changes are urgent.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/24/2018  4:52 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:This will be a key match to win, and boost the team's enthusiasm. Otherwise we may slide into moral victories mode. We are supposedly keeping the same lineup to start. Let's see what they can do.

This is what Fiz said I think in an interview that he'd keep the same lineup for 1 more game and then tweak it if necessary. Hopefully that tweak involves mario and dotson into the starting lineup and lance to bench.

between frank, dot, mario, thjr, i think there's enough people to bring the ball up the floor and this also fits in with fiz's whoever gets the ball first brings it up mantra.

there's a part of me hoping for a loss to force fiz's hand into a lineup change. if we win big tonight, he may not tweak it, which is desperately required.

If the Knicks win big, they'll be 2-3 with positve scoring differential, with two of those three losses being against two of the best teams in the east.

The KNicks are getting 9 pts and 5 rebounds from their starting forwards combined. That puts a lot of offensive burden on the other three starters. The rebounding is also a concern. I think Fiz switches things up soon. Lee or Dotson are both good defensive players that bring something on offense as well. Switching one of those guys into the starting line up for Lance or Frank is what I think probably happens. I also think Knox will end up being a starter at some point but his injury pushed that back. Mario maybe in play as a starter in place of Lance or Frank as well.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/24/2018  5:46 PM
martin wrote:
Marv wrote:heat check

all the posts in this thread and no one is acknowledging Marv's sweet sweet addition

Even their end of the rotation girls could be front runner on a lot of squads *cough*Brooklyn"cough*
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knickoftime

10/24/2018  5:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

The KNicks are getting 9 pts and 5 rebounds from their starting forwards combined. That puts a lot of offensive burden on the other three starters. The rebounding is also a concern. I think Fiz switches things up soon. Lee or Dotson are both good defensive players that bring something on offense as well. Switching one of those guys into the starting line up for Lance or Frank is what I think probably happens. I also think Knox will end up being a starter at some point but his injury pushed that back. Mario maybe in play as a starter in place of Lance or Frank as well.

My point is I don't think giving Dotson starter minutes is going to transform this team into something more than it is.

These Knicks are going to live and die by their 11-12 rotations players, and most nights that'll mean die.

They aren't going to bleed 10-15 extra wins out of rotations/minutes.

On October 24, 2018, Fiz can pick five names out of a hat to be on the court at tip-off for all i care.

As I say, if people are going to live and die by micro-second guessing every time the Knicks keep it close against a more talented team than they are but come up a few points short, man it's going to be a long year.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/24/2018  5:53 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

My point is I don't think giving Dotson starter minutes is going to transform this team into something more than it is.

These Knicks are going to live and die by their 11-12 rotations players, and most nights that'll mean die.

On October 24, 2018, Fiz can pick five names out of a hat to be on the court at tip-off for all i care.

As I say, if people are going to live and die by micro-second guessing every time the Knicks keep it close against a more talented team than they are but come up a few points short, man it's going to be a long year.

Great Post Man. Ive also seen times where a player produces off the bench then are inserted into starting and dont do as well. I havent agreed with everything fizdale has done but I trust his judgment
Knickoftime

10/24/2018  6:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2018  6:13 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Great Post Man. Ive also seen times where a player produces off the bench then are inserted into starting and dont do as well. I havent agreed with everything fizdale has done but I trust his judgment

I'm not even bothering to agree or disagree with Fiz. Wake me up in January.

I want Dot and Trier and Nitilikina and Robinson and Knox and Vonleh and Burke to get burn because that's the point of the season.

But I also know PT doesn't mean the same thing as development. Sometimes development means putting guys on the floor with other guys that they can achieve positive things with. So Kanter, Thomas, hezonja and Hardaway are going to get their burn too.

The point is its been a week. This is mad scientist laboratory time.

Not playoff push time.

CrushAlot
USA
10/24/2018  6:17 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I am not micro-second guessing. I don't think you can have two players in your starting line up that give you almost nothing on offense. Frank and Lance bring defense but Lee and Dotson give you that with offense. I think there are some groupings that don't work on offense (i.e. Lance, Frank, Mudiay, Baker, Mitch). I also think you give up too much on defense if you go with a line up of Burke, Tim, Knox, Mario, Kanter but of the two I prefer the latter. I am not sure what a player needs to do to get out of the starting line up if offense and rebounding are not considered an important part of the game. Not even talking about drawing fouls and getting to the free throw line. Again, I don't think both guys need to go but one does unless something changes. Frank's numbers are similar to last year. Lance's shooting percentages are at or near career lows so that might improve. Not sure but I didn't expect an argument to the idea that 9 and 5 combined from your starting forwards means something needs to change.
StarksEwing1

10/24/2018  6:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I am not micro-second guessing. I don't think you can have two players in your starting line up that give you almost nothing on offense. Frank and Lance bring defense but Lee and Dotson give you that with offense. I think there are some groupings that don't work on offense (i.e. Lance, Frank, Mudiay, Baker, Mitch). I also think you give up too much on defense if you go with a line up of Burke, Tim, Knox, Mario, Kanter but of the two I prefer the latter. I am not sure what a player needs to do to get out of the starting line up if offense and rebounding are not considered an important part of the game. Not even talking about drawing fouls and getting to the free throw line. Again, I don't think both guys need to go but one does unless something changes. Frank's numbers are similar to last year. Lance's shooting percentages are at or near career lows so that might improve. Not sure but I didn't expect an argument to the idea that 9 and 5 combined from your starting forwards means something needs to change.
Its 4 games into the season. If you yank guys after such a small sample size that could have a negative effect too. This season is more about the kids
CrushAlot
USA
10/24/2018  6:28 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Its 4 games into the season. If you yank guys after such a small sample size that could have a negative effect too. This season is more about the kids
The coach is evaluating after five games and is considering a line up change. In my opinion one of Frank or Lance needs to come out of the starting line up. I think there is also a risk of a negative effect on the rest of the team. How do you say you keep what you kill and have Dotson on the bench behind Lance and Frank?
StarksEwing1

10/24/2018  6:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

The coach is evaluating after five games and is considering a line up change. In my opinion one of Frank or Lance needs to come out of the starting line up. I think there is also a risk of a negative effect on the rest of the team. How do you say you keep what you kill and have Dotson on the bench behind Lance and Frank?
I wouldnt mind having dotson and frank start together, seemed good the other night
Knickoftime

10/24/2018  6:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I am not micro-second guessing. I don't think you can have two players in your starting line up that give you almost nothing on offense.

Knicks has been competitive in each of the 4 games they've played. Seems to be working fine.

I came into this season expecting a 30 win-ish team. I'm not changing those expectations because I think if they ahd the right starting line-up they could be 2-2 or 3-1.

I more give them credit for being competitive, which means I don't think changes need to be made for any other reason than what the season is about, assessing what they got.

I think there are some groupings that don't work on offense (i.e. Lance, Frank, Mudiay, Baker, Mitch). I also think you give up too much on defense if you go with a line up of Burke, Tim, Knox, Mario, Kanter but of the two I prefer the latter.

I think the Knicks are who they are based on their roster, which is a below average NBA basbetball team.

I don't think they're different teams depending on how you group them.

Again, I don't think both guys need to go but one does unless something changes.

Why does it need to change? They've been competitive, which is as much as we can ask for.

Frank's numbers are similar to last year. Lance's shooting percentages are at or near career lows so that might improve.

In 4 games.

Not sure but I didn't expect an argument to the idea that 9 and 5 combined from your starting forwards means something needs to change.

Forget the reasons why something needs to change, what's the point of the changes?

You think they're competing for a playoff berth?

Knickoftime

10/24/2018  6:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

My point is I'm prepared for Fizdale to mix and match just to see what's what until Christmas decorations go on clearance at CVS.

Not because if Thomas is still in the starting line-up they might lose to Golden State.

Just ain't going there before Halloween.

I think Dotson had 32 mins the other night. He was playing well and Fiz clearly recognized and responded.

What difference does it make when they get their first min?

CrushAlot
USA
10/24/2018  6:48 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I am not micro-second guessing. I don't think you can have two players in your starting line up that give you almost nothing on offense.

Knicks has been competitive in each of the 4 games they've played. Seems to be working fine.

I came into this season expecting a 30 win-ish team. I'm not changing those expectations because I think if they ahd the right starting line-up they could be 2-2 or 3-1.

I more give them credit for being competitive, which means I don't think changes need to be made for any other reason than what the season is about, assessing what they got.

I think there are some groupings that don't work on offense (i.e. Lance, Frank, Mudiay, Baker, Mitch). I also think you give up too much on defense if you go with a line up of Burke, Tim, Knox, Mario, Kanter but of the two I prefer the latter.

I think the Knicks are who they are based on their roster, which is a below average NBA basbetball team.

Again, I don't think both guys need to go but one does unless something changes.

Why does it need to change? They've been competitive, which is as much as we can ask for.

Frank's numbers are similar to last year. Lance's shooting percentages are at or near career lows so that might improve.

In 4 games.

Not sure but I didn't expect an argument to the idea that 9 and 5 combined from your starting forwards means something needs to change.

Forget the reasons why something needs to change, what's the point of the changes?

I am not saying guys won't get their same minutes. I am saying that the combination of having two players in the starting line up that barely contribute on offense isn't working. Give Lance his 20 minutes or Frank his 30 minutes. I am saying that your starting forwards should not average 9 pts and 5 rebs between them. Mix it up.
Knickoftime

10/24/2018  7:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

In 4 games.

I am not saying guys won't get their same minutes. I am saying that the combination of having two players in the starting line up that barely contribute on offense isn't working. Give Lance his 20 minutes or Frank his 30 minutes. I am saying that your starting forwards should not average 9 pts and 5 rebs between them. Mix it up.

What isn't working about it?

Because they lost by 2 points at Brooklyn and to Boston that means it isn't working?

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/24/2018  7:15 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

They lost to Nets Bucks and Celtics yes, but Celtics was on the home floor and they haven't gelled yet. We should have been able to take them especially with Hayward out. The matchup against Celtics is a lot worse this season in April than in October.

Also, without the last play drive bys against hardaway. We could have been sitting at 4-0 or 3-1, that's the potential of this team. Imagine them coming into Monday's game with a 3-0 record...they'd have probably eked out the win in Bucks land.

They desperately need a lineup change because of:
1. slow starts, we have yet to win the first quarter
2. bailouts by bench all the time in the 2nd and 3rd.
3. defensive breakdowns, wide open 3s to opposing players in crucial moments
4. After all, we did come back from 19 down on the road, and if i remember at least 12-14 down against celtics
5. Hardaway is not a closer on offense. We need a closer. KP is out. Kanter is not a closer, so maybe we can close with some good D?
6. Kanter/Lance taking an outside shot is something teams will live with all season long.

And I am not proposing a lineup change that reduces bench production, but with burke going to bench and Dotson or Trier in the starting lineup, I think we have better stoppers in the starting lineup, better chance at having a start faster than the other team. And...Burke can focus on scoring, his biggest plus. With Lance going to bench and Hezonja coming to starter spot, Lance gets the mins he deserves and shores some of the bench D and Hezonja provides more O to the starting lineup.

So far our two best lineups are out of top 4 (more than 10 minutes game time)

Vonleh, Hezonjah, Frank, Dotson and Trier
Vonleh, Hezonjah, Knox, Baker and Trier

So says the data https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612752&sort=MIN&dir=1
I don't care who starts but one of these lineups should finish out games. But I agree with Fiz that it's a small sample size.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Game Thread: Winnable game vs.Miami

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy