GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Lance earned the starter's job, but it looks like Mario is about to take it from him. He's earning it. Not as out of control at times, as he was to start the season.

Good thing about Thomas, there wont be any drama if he does get sent to the bench.

As someone pointed out, Frank and Thomas are both glue guys. Thomas isnt shooting 3s at the clip he used to. Been a while. Together thats not a lot of Offense.

Impressive that the Knicks are in it right to the end despite having so little offense on tap, to start the game. And no KP, and now no Knox.

Fizdale getting the team to play like this all season, no matter who plays, would be quite an achievement.

Not really worried about this 4 games into the season. I agree Frank needs to pick it up, but I wasn't expecting him to become Steph Curry. That said, I don't think Mario is the guy Frank needs to worry about. Mario's defense and intensity are still too inconsistent. Dot on the other hand has shown consistent overall effort and is physical enough for the "SF" spot. I can definitely see him getting a look at starting SF if he keeps it up.

Who the **** was? Enough with this false choice some of you keep pushing that the only way some fans will be happy is if Frank plays like a HOFer.

How about he gets to the line once this season? Too much to ask from a starter, and the 8th pick in the draft, in his sophomore year?

For him it might be.

There is no timetable that needs following.

Not this season *******.

Dude, too much, dial it back please

Dude, how about showing me the same consideration for once? You banned Briggs last season because of this prick. Not worth defending.

I am. Your response was all about name calling. You do see that right? To a fairly normal response by a poster.

Guess I should have called him a "racist" that seems to have passed through your filter.

Been posting here regularly for almost a decade. If you took all the unprovoked insults directed at me (far worse than seen upthread) it would be as thick as a phonebook. Insults that went completely unremarked by you.

This includes posters who had joined hours earlier. Thats the kind of consideration Im talking about.

Last season, the only time I heard from this poster, was to make pissy comments.

Currently in an excuriatingly detailed conversation about what the Giants should do about Manning. ALL about football. Giving my own ideas.

That Nitilikina isn't on anyone else's timetable in terms of development/progress and that 4 games into his second/age 20 season MIGHT not be significant IS MY own idea about hoops.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/25/2018  1:00 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Lance earned the starter's job, but it looks like Mario is about to take it from him. He's earning it. Not as out of control at times, as he was to start the season.

Good thing about Thomas, there wont be any drama if he does get sent to the bench.

As someone pointed out, Frank and Thomas are both glue guys. Thomas isnt shooting 3s at the clip he used to. Been a while. Together thats not a lot of Offense.

Impressive that the Knicks are in it right to the end despite having so little offense on tap, to start the game. And no KP, and now no Knox.

Fizdale getting the team to play like this all season, no matter who plays, would be quite an achievement.

Not really worried about this 4 games into the season. I agree Frank needs to pick it up, but I wasn't expecting him to become Steph Curry. That said, I don't think Mario is the guy Frank needs to worry about. Mario's defense and intensity are still too inconsistent. Dot on the other hand has shown consistent overall effort and is physical enough for the "SF" spot. I can definitely see him getting a look at starting SF if he keeps it up.

Who the **** was? Enough with this false choice some of you keep pushing that the only way some fans will be happy is if Frank plays like a HOFer.

How about he gets to the line once this season? Too much to ask from a starter, and the 8th pick in the draft, in his sophomore year?

For him it might be.

Not this season *******.

Dude, how about showing me the same consideration for once? You banned Briggs last season because of this prick. Not worth defending.

I am. Your response was all about name calling. You do see that right? To a fairly normal response by a poster.

Guess I should have called him a "racist" that seems to have passed through your filter.

Been posting here regularly for almost a decade. If you took all the unprovoked insults directed at me (far worse than seen upthread) it would be as thick as a phonebook. Insults that went completely unremarked by you.

This includes posters who had joined hours earlier. Thats the kind of consideration Im talking about.

Last season, the only time I heard from this poster, was to make pissy comments.

Never about hoops, never offering their own ideas. Let it be known, not this season. Talk to someone else.

Dont need anyone defending me Martin, shown that. At the same time, dont need to be called on something that you wont call on others. Thank you.

I am kind of in GB's corner here :) Knickoftime routinely questions others posts with sarcasm and when you call him on it, pretends to play innocent like he really didn't understand ****. Read below from another thread...

Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

What does this mean?

A fan expressing his frustration with those players. My guess is the only thing common between them is the lack of stellar D

Oh, a fan with a negative tweet about a sports team.

Got it.

Oh a forum poster who didn't get it the first time.

That's right, I assumed there was more to it than a fan for whatever reason posting the tweet of another random fan making some vague, assumptive criticism of certain players defense.

My bad.

But yeah ignore button works well and I do use it :) and don't agree with the name calling at all.

I genuinely didn't understand the point of retweeting a random fan. I genuinely assumed there was some significance to who the tweet was from or his point I didn't immediately understand. When you explained it I absolutely responded with sarcasm.

They weren't mutually exclusive.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/25/2018  1:05 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

For him it might be.

Not this season *******.

Never about hoops, never offering their own ideas. Let it be known, not this season. Talk to someone else.

Dont need anyone defending me Martin, shown that. At the same time, dont need to be called on something that you wont call on others. Thank you.

GustavBahler, I don't follow all posts and react to the ones I see. If you want to point out posts to me where users outright call you an ******* or the like for no particular reason, please do and I would absolutely appreciate it. I can be reached at martin@ultimateknicks.com

If you don't see anything wrong with the way your responded in this thread and don't think my response to you was fair or adequate, then that's on you; I would rather not have that type of reaction and posting style.

I am trying to be reasonable here in this particular thread. I can't account for every other post but I do see this one.

We have an ignore feature, perhaps you could use if you would rather not interact with a someone?

"Ooops" really isnt the response I was hoping for after almost ten years on this board. You called me out about this poster last season after I told him to back off with the pissy comments. Were emails sent?

When Ive clearly crossed the line, Ive apologized to posters, if not the entire board. Not this time Martin. Your board, your rules. You dont like this kind of posting, fair enough.

Sincerely hope this season you wont like THAT kind of posting as well.

Message received.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/25/2018  1:19 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

For him it might be.

Not this season *******.

GustavBahler, I don't follow all posts and react to the ones I see. If you want to point out posts to me where users outright call you an ******* or the like for no particular reason, please do and I would absolutely appreciate it. I can be reached at martin@ultimateknicks.com

If you don't see anything wrong with the way your responded in this thread and don't think my response to you was fair or adequate, then that's on you; I would rather not have that type of reaction and posting style.

I am trying to be reasonable here in this particular thread. I can't account for every other post but I do see this one.

We have an ignore feature, perhaps you could use if you would rather not interact with a someone?

"Ooops" really isnt the response I was hoping for after almost ten years on this board. You called me out about this poster last season after I told him to back off with the pissy comments. Were emails sent?

When Ive clearly crossed the line, Ive apologized to posters, if not the entire board. Not this time Martin. Your board, your rules. You dont like this kind of posting, fair enough.

Message received.

"OOps" wasn't the response you were getting, just the reality of what I see and don't see.

I literally had no idea who you were responding to, just saw the ******* remark after a pretty tame response to you. You get set off by the smallest things and I'd like to not have that type of response on this site.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime

10/25/2018  1:22 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

For him it might be.

Not this season *******.

Message received.

I registered 6 months after you did.

Maybe the message here is don't just resort to ad hominem namecalling.

I can be sarcastic AF, but it's always about the posts.

GustavBahler

10/25/2018  1:39 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

For him it might be.

Not this season *******.

Message received.

"OOps" wasn't the response you were getting, just the reality of what I see and don't see.

I literally had no idea who you were responding to, just saw the ******* remark after a pretty tame response to you. You get set off by the smallest things and I'd like to not have that type of response on this site.

More often than not its cummulative, as in seasons. If you mistakenly believe this is sudden, its on you. This person has barely posted here, contributed little, but he still managed to get you to ban Briggs and act like his personal bodyguard. Who the F is he to you?

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/25/2018  2:55 PM
GustavBahler wrote:More often than not its cummulative, as in seasons. If you mistakenly believe this is sudden, its on you. This person has barely posted here, contributed little, but he still managed to get you to ban Briggs and act like his personal bodyguard. Who the F is he to you?

i like reading your posts...on basketball. can you please stick around and use the ignore button? i already have. :)

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler

10/25/2018  3:28 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:More often than not its cummulative, as in seasons. If you mistakenly believe this is sudden, its on you. This person has barely posted here, contributed little, but he still managed to get you to ban Briggs and act like his personal bodyguard. Who the F is he to you?

i like reading your posts...on basketball. can you please stick around and use the ignore button? i already have. :)

Anything for you....Suze

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2018  3:31 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

I second that. Obviously I don’t know the whole situation and it’s none of my business but Gustav has always be a straight shooter with me.
Knickoftime

10/25/2018  3:41 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I second that. Obviously I don’t know the whole situation and it’s none of my business but Gustav has always be a straight shooter with me.

For the record this isn't a him vs me thing.

I got nothing to do with what happened other than having an opinion about Nitilikina that I posted innocuously.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2018  3:56 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

For the record this isn't a him vs me thing.

I got nothing to do with what happened other than having an opinion about Nitilikina that I posted innocuously.

I wasnt blaming you or him.
martin
USA
10/25/2018  7:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

For him it might be.

Not this season *******.

Message received.

More often than not its cummulative, as in seasons. If you mistakenly believe this is sudden, its on you. This person has barely posted here, contributed little, but he still managed to get you to ban Briggs and act like his personal bodyguard. Who the F is he to you?

GustavBahler, I don't follow any of your lines of reasoning or thought. I don't read every post on this site nor do I keep up with every back and for between posters, just not remotely possible, and I don't know how you would expect that of me. Knickoftime hasn't posted in a while and I had forgotten who he was; I'm getting old and forgetful.

Before asking you to dial it back I did try to read up through the thread to see if there may have been something that would have provoked or set anyone off and there wasn't. We don't want posters to flat out swear and name call for no reason. In this thread you did and I was asking you to dial it back. Fairly mild response by me, it was late and I was tired and that's the best I came up with at the time. Maybe you had a bad day, maybe something else set you off, I have no idea, but it was no more than a reminder and a way for me to cut off further in kind responses.

You haven't even owned up to the fact that there could have been a different way for you to respond or that you even thought it may have be a tad of an outlier for you. I'm pretty reasonable and probably would have been pretty understanding to that.

Argue and deflect all you want but I really don't want posters to reply like you did and don't want that to become the norm from you or anyone.

martin
USA
10/25/2018  7:52 PM
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/25/2018  8:09 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:My concern with Frank's game is that he's missing something that most lotto picks already have, a chip on their shoulder. Its not so much talent, but attitude. Frank has played a few good quarters, he goes on a little tear, than goes back to being passive.

NBA teams are going to miss on players.

It's frustrating for fans because you only get one or two guys to pin hopes onto every year. In a decade, you might only get 2-3 first round picks that pan out and become something useful.

Everyone hopes he pans out, but he might not. I mean might not to his hoped for ceiling. His floor is still very useful.

Early returns have some troubling signs, but like any other young players, you need to see three years in the league to be sure.

Misses are going to happen. What matters is hit or miss, the team took the best market based decision given the time and place. Do that and odds are, over the long haul, things will end up in your favor.

I like Frank. Last year, LBJ tried to hard roll him and Frank told Captain Decision to go **** himself. Good for Frank. I suppose I have to give Kanter credit too. He might be overpaid and low BBIQ, but he'll knock the **** out of anyone if it comes down to it. I wisk Darko was still on this team, because no one ****s with Darko. Makes me laugh, all the wannabe thug life rap star shoe contract chasing spergs playing tough until they realize Darko is a ****ing gangster.

I like Frank. I'll give him his three years. I suppose it would help if he was Skype buddies with Darko. Then he'd be cutting throats on the floor every night.

GustavBahler

10/25/2018  8:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2018  8:23 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

For him it might be.

Not this season *******.

Message received.

GustavBahler, I don't follow any of your lines of reasoning or thought. I don't read every post on this site nor do I keep up with every back and for between posters, just not remotely possible, and I don't know how you would expect that of me. Knickoftime hasn't posted in a while and I had forgotten who he was; I'm getting old and forgetful.

Before asking you to dial it back I did try to read up through the thread to see if there may have been something that would have provoked or set anyone off and there wasn't. We don't want posters to flat out swear and name call for no reason. In this thread you did and I was asking you to dial it back. Fairly mild response by me, it was late and I was tired and that's the best I came up with at the time. Maybe you had a bad day, maybe something else set you off, I have no idea, but it was no more than a reminder and a way for me to cut off further in kind responses.

You haven't even owned up to the fact that there could have been a different way for you to respond or that you even thought it may have be a tad of an outlier for you. I'm pretty reasonable and probably would have been pretty understanding to that.

Argue and deflect all you want but I really don't want posters to reply like you did and don't want that to become the norm from you or anyone.

I conceded upthread that you dont like this type of posting, and that the message was received, but you cant seem to let this go. I would be far more understanding of your situation if you showed the same concern for hundreds of posts over the years, directed at me, unprovoked, what I said was quite tame by comparison.

No call to "dial it back". After almost ten years and many thousands of posts.

Last time Martin, you said you didnt want me to post that way, told you I got the message.

You might not have agreed with what I said regarding this incident, and what led to it, but I made it clear to you I that got the message about my post. What else do you want?

martin
USA
10/26/2018  12:35 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

For him it might be.

Not this season *******.

Message received.

I conceded upthread that you dont like this type of posting, and that the message was received, but you cant seem to let this go. I would be far more understanding of your situation if you showed the same concern for hundreds of posts over the years, directed at me, unprovoked, what I said was quite tame by comparison.

Last time Martin, you said you didnt want me to post that way, told you I got the message.

You might not have agreed with what I said regarding this incident, and what led to it, but I made it clear to you I that got the message about my post. What else do you want?

I missed you pointing it out to me that you got the message. Point it out to me or be more direct. I didn't get that.

Would you be OK if Knickoftime called you an ******* and I didn't point it out to him? Cause I feel like that's the situation you would have preferred for me to take with you.

GustavBahler

10/26/2018  8:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2018  8:49 AM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

For him it might be.

Not this season *******.

Message received.

I missed you pointing it out to me that you got the message. Point it out to me or be more direct. I didn't get that.

Would you be OK if Knickoftime called you an ******* and I didn't point it out to him? Cause I feel like that's the situation you would have preferred for me to take with you.

Andrew could find it.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/26/2018  2:06 PM
A player is only a glue guy if the team is winning.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/26/2018  4:15 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:My concern with Frank's game is that he's missing something that most lotto picks already have, a chip on their shoulder. Its not so much talent, but attitude. Frank has played a few good quarters, he goes on a little tear, than goes back to being passive.

NBA teams are going to miss on players.

It's frustrating for fans because you only get one or two guys to pin hopes onto every year. In a decade, you might only get 2-3 first round picks that pan out and become something useful.

Everyone hopes he pans out, but he might not. I mean might not to his hoped for ceiling. His floor is still very useful.

Early returns have some troubling signs, but like any other young players, you need to see three years in the league to be sure.

Misses are going to happen. What matters is hit or miss, the team took the best market based decision given the time and place. Do that and odds are, over the long haul, things will end up in your favor.

I like Frank. Last year, LBJ tried to hard roll him and Frank told Captain Decision to go **** himself. Good for Frank. I suppose I have to give Kanter credit too. He might be overpaid and low BBIQ, but he'll knock the **** out of anyone if it comes down to it. I wisk Darko was still on this team, because no one ****s with Darko. Makes me laugh, all the wannabe thug life rap star shoe contract chasing spergs playing tough until they realize Darko is a ****ing gangster.

I like Frank. I'll give him his three years. I suppose it would help if he was Skype buddies with Darko. Then he'd be cutting throats on the floor every night.

Anytime you bring up Darko, you have my attention. Skype buddies? lol

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Thomas a glue guy, but he's killing us on O

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy