[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thomas a glue guy, but he's killing us on O
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/23/2018  11:29 AM
knicks1248 wrote:We can't even get open 3's because no one other than timmy(who looks to finish at the rim with contact as oppose to passing out) or Burke (who is more PnR than drive and kick) will penetrate.

Even though Kanter was shooting 1000 3 a day over the summer, we have put him in the post and made him one dimensional

Lance and frank do absolutely nothing on offense, the knicks are 3 on 5 on offense when those 2 are in the game.

bucks shot a red hot 65% against the starters in the first half.

Then you have wild man Baker, his reckless play will land him on the injury list, it's just a matter of when. Broken nose, busted lip, dislocated shoulder, I mean damn bro, love the effort, but he's a little nutso

I say bench lance or frank(not both) and add dotson to the starting line up.

Is Mitch still Hurt?

i am in favor of benching lance and burke and promoting hezonja and (trier/dot). trier can penetrate like burke and can be molded into a passer and not be so vulnerable on D, and then with dotson and frank, D will not suffer
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/23/2018  11:30 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:We can't even get open 3's because no one other than timmy(who looks to finish at the rim with contact as oppose to passing out) or Burke (who is more PnR than drive and kick) will penetrate.

Even though Kanter was shooting 1000 3 a day over the summer, we have put him in the post and made him one dimensional

Lance and frank do absolutely nothing on offense, the knicks are 3 on 5 on offense when those 2 are in the game.

Then you have wild man Baker, his reckless play will land him on the injury list, it's just a matter of when. Broken nose, busted lip, dislocated shoulder, I mean damn bro, love the effort, but he's a little nutso

Is Mitch still Hurt?

i am in favor of benching lance and burke and promoting hezonja and (trier/dot). trier can penetrate like burke and can be molded into a passer and not be so vulnerable on D, and then with dotson and frank, D will not suffer
agreed
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/23/2018  11:39 AM

Is Mitch still Hurt?

Its the opposite. Since Fizdale has been encouraging Kanter to shoot more 3s, he's drifted out near the arc. Thats where he's getting the ball now, which sidelines Kanter's post game.

As I said in the gamethread, one of the benefits of getting Kanter the ball in the paint with his back to the basket, is getting defenders into foul trouble.

I understand Fizdale wants Kanter to help space the squad, make himself a 3pt threat. At the same time, as Fizdale pointed out himself, Kanter's post game skills are rare, best to make use of it now and then IMO. Gives the defense one more thing to worry about, to counter.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/23/2018  12:35 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

Is Mitch still Hurt?

Trier is not a facilitator in any way shape or form, hezonja's defense is a major liability at the 4, especially against starters.

Fiz is giving these starters one more game to see if they can get it together, I seriously doubt he sends lance (praised him as a leader) or burke (the best pg we have) to the bench

ES
knicks1248
10/23/2018  12:48 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Is Mitch still Hurt?

Its the opposite. Since Fizdale has been encouraging Kanter to shoot more 3s, he's drifted out near the arc. Thats where he's getting the ball now, which sidelines Kanter's post game.

As I said in the gamethread, one of the benefits of getting Kanter the ball in the paint with his back to the basket, is getting defenders into foul trouble.

I understand Fizdale wants Kanter to help space the squad, make himself a 3pt threat. At the same time, as Fizdale pointed out himself, Kanter's post game skills are rare, best to make use of it now and then IMO. Gives the defense one more thing to worry about, to counter.

The problem with Kanter in the post is, he's not drawing double teams, even if he does kick out to lance or frank they just turned down the shot and look for THJ..

Go to NBA.com and they have over a dozen clips of last nights game, watch frank and lance in action, They play like they did in the 60's, one dribble hand off..lol, tell me I'm lying..

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/23/2018  12:55 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Is Mitch still Hurt?

Defenses would prefer Kanter in the post. Makes the three point line easie to defend and they can zone him. Plus it clogs the lane. I understand why Fiz wants Kanter outside. The execution hasn't been up to snuff, in my honest opinion. We really haven't taken advantage not Kanter in the high post.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1

10/23/2018  12:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2018  12:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Is Mitch still Hurt?

Trier is not a facilitator in any way shape or form, hezonja's defense is a major liability at the 4, especially against starters.

Fiz is giving these starters one more game to see if they can get it together, I seriously doubt he sends lance (praised him as a leader) or burke (the best pg we have) to the bench

lance will sit. Frank brings more even when still looking for his offense. Despite as much as you bash him Fizdale still trusts him more than just about anybody and plays him a lot
GustavBahler

10/23/2018  1:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2018  1:12 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Is Mitch still Hurt?

The problem with Kanter in the post is, he's not drawing double teams, even if he does kick out to lance or frank they just turned down the shot and look for THJ..

Go to NBA.com and they have over a dozen clips of last nights game, watch frank and lance in action, They play like they did in the 60's, one dribble hand off..lol, tell me I'm lying..

Kanter isnt drawing double teams this season because he is catching the ball too far out for his post game to be effective. He can take it to the rim from there, but not as reliably.

Kanter was 6th in the league last season in FG pct. He was as close to automatic in the paint as you can get. He's 29th this season. Drew plenty of double teams last season. Teams know they cant sleep on Kanter in the paint. Now that he's passing more, its worth making the most of his skill. Thats what Fizdale did with Trier, and its paid off.

GustavBahler

10/23/2018  1:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Is Mitch still Hurt?

Defenses would prefer Kanter in the post. Makes the three point line easie to defend and they can zone him. Plus it clogs the lane. I understand why Fiz wants Kanter outside. The execution hasn't been up to snuff, in my honest opinion. We really haven't taken advantage not Kanter in the high post.

I get it, 3pts is better than 2, Sometimes we're going to have nights when the 3 isnt there. Bad shooting, great perimeter D.

Kanter's ability to draw fouls isnt something you keep on the shelf. Also makes him available for easy flushes, or put backs from the guards.

Cartman718

10/23/2018  1:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Is Mitch still Hurt?

Your doubts will be cleared in a few days

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/23/2018  1:44 PM
Its the way of the league, the Vets get the opportunity and when beaten they take their contract and either sit or get traded to where they are wanted. Fiz establishes the order. Let Dot and Mario earn their way into minutes. CLee will get his his and if he performs he keeps his role.
knicks1248
10/23/2018  1:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2018  2:00 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Is Mitch still Hurt?

lance will sit. Frank brings more even when still looking for his offense. Despite as much as you bash him Fizdale still trusts him more than just about anybody and plays him a lot

How am i bashing this kid by being frustrated that he doesn't do jack sht on offense.

What I'm suppose to pat him on the back for giving us nothing on offense.

Hey FRANK great job taking zero shots and no free throws, your doing a hell've a job.

Do you pat guys on the back for scoring 30, and giving up 40. Mario hasn't earn the right to be a starter, Dotson has, but there is no way in hell you Play 6 6" frank and 6 6" Dotson in your front court.

ES
Cartman718

10/23/2018  2:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:How am i bashing this kid by being frustrated that he doesn't do jack sht on offense.

Hey FRANK great job taking zero shots and no free throws, your doing a hell've a job.

Do you pat guys on the back for scoring 30, and giving up 40. Mario hasn't earn the right to be a starter, Dotson has, but there is no way in hell you Play 6 6" frank and 6 6" Dotson in your front court.

if thats not a bias against frank, i dont know what is. lol not worth the trouble.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/23/2018  3:13 PM
Back to Thomas, we need more ball movement. Thomas has proven he can knock down the open 3. But we're dead last as a team on assists. Our ball movement has been mediocre. Bruce Bowen had a long NBA career and may have had less offensive skills than Lance. I'm not saying Lance is on the same as Bruce, but I do think we can get a little bit more out of him offensively. I get it. Lance shouldn't be starting in a good team. But we're not a good team. If anyone has better options in mind list them. Keep in mind we have Trey Burke guarding at the point of attack and Kanter on the back line.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
10/23/2018  3:36 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:How am i bashing this kid by being frustrated that he doesn't do jack sht on offense.

if thats not a bias against frank, i dont know what is. lol not worth the trouble.

Would you trade for somebody thats going to give you 5 pts, 33% shooting 27% from downtown and hardly ever takes FT.

If your ok with players like that, then that's your preference, just don't talk about your love for two players in your next sentence

ES
StarksEwing1

10/23/2018  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2018  3:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Would you trade for somebody thats going to give you 5 pts, 33% shooting 27% from downtown and hardly ever takes FT.

If your ok with players like that, then that's your preference, just don't talk about your love for two players in your next sentence

the problem is that you focus entirely focus on offense. I mean the players you seem to like have
Offensive skills but bring nothing else. We have had many of those type of players for the past 15 years with ****ty results. Yes I agree frank needs more offense but he is only 20 and has time. However he is still very important to the team but you don’t ever bring that up. I have no issue with being critical about franks offense BUT you haven’t said one positive thing about him about any aspect of his game since he was drafted...that’s a fact
Cartman718

10/23/2018  3:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

can you please name me great offensive players who developed good D after being in the league for 5 years?
can you then please name great defensive players who developed good O after being in the league for 5 years? or even less years for that matter?

if you are so blind that you cannot see frank gets a pass simply because he is in his sophomore season, then no one can reason with your idiocy.
ok he's not jason tatum.... great. he's not kyrie or steph...great. but everything about him states that he has the potential to become great. and that he's working towards realizing that potential. just because that's too slow FOR YOU!!!!, does not mean it isn't happening. smh.

GustavBahler

10/23/2018  8:19 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

can you please name me great offensive players who developed good D after being in the league for 5 years?
can you then please name great defensive players who developed good O after being in the league for 5 years? or even less years for that matter?

if you are so blind that you cannot see frank gets a pass simply because he is in his sophomore season, then no one can reason with your idiocy.
ok he's not jason tatum.... great. he's not kyrie or steph...great. but everything about him states that he has the potential to become great. and that he's working towards realizing that potential. just because that's too slow FOR YOU!!!!, does not mean it isn't happening. smh.

Dont see someone who wants to be a good offensive player, let alone a great one. Not about talent. Frank's first instinct is to defer. Sometimes thats not a good idea.

Frank needs a sense of urgency when it comes to offense. Might not be traded anytime soon, but could find himself on the bench and losing PT to teammates who play D and who wont hesitate to pull the trigger, when they have a good look.

StarksEwing1

10/23/2018  8:31 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Dont see someone who wants to be a good offensive player, let alone a great one. Not about talent. Frank's first instinct is to defer. Sometimes thats not a good idea.

Frank needs a sense of urgency when it comes to offense. Might not be traded anytime soon, but could find himself on the bench and losing PT to teammates who play D and who wont hesitate to pull the trigger, when they have a good look.

I dont necessarily agree. I mean saying he doesnt want to be a good offensive player is impossible unless we are in their heads. Also according to many sources teams ask about frank more than anyone and Perry hasnt been interested. So it shows while his offense is a work in progress he is still well regarded around the league and by the knicks
GustavBahler

10/23/2018  8:56 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I dont necessarily agree. I mean saying he doesnt want to be a good offensive player is impossible unless we are in their heads. Also according to many sources teams ask about frank more than anyone and Perry hasnt been interested. So it shows while his offense is a work in progress he is still well regarded around the league and by the knicks

Often in the first split second Frank gets the ball, there is an opportunity to attack the rim, shoot, or pass.

Then a few seconds more until Frank has another opportunity, usually passes.

When Frank starts taking that first opportunity to score, before the defense has time to react, I'll know Frank is taking offense more seriously.

Thomas a glue guy, but he's killing us on O

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy