[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thomas a glue guy, but he's killing us on O
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/21/2018  7:15 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Our starting backcourt is averaging 8 assists combined and taking close to 35 shots a game.

That's pathetic too...not sure why ya'll trying to make this about Frank and Trey.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/21/2018  7:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:Regardless...9 & 4 from the 3 & 4 spots combined is pathetic...no way to spin that unless you are telling me that we are holding the opposition to 9 and 4 too....

We're bad, but Frank is being agressive and I believe the shots will fall. Flipside?

Great stat. I only got to see the fourth quarter last night but I taped the game. I know Frank's minutes were down from looking at the box score. Was Dotson on Tatum a lot?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
10/21/2018  7:24 PM
TheGame wrote:Who is going to replace Thomas as a starter? Mario plays little defense and I still don't think Knox is ready (plus he is hurt). Noah is in a good role as backup. So I am not sure there is a better option. Plus, the thinking may be that Thomas is holding the spot for KP, so when KP comes back, everyone else would stay in their current roles and Thomas can move to the bench.
I think you go with Lee or Dotson. Dotson is a really good rebounder for a wing player. I don't think you can have two guys at the forward spots that don't score or rebound and be successful. KP would be perfect because the Knicks need shot blocking and scoring. His rebounding isn't that great but it doesn't have to be to improve on what the Knicks are getting from those spots now.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/21/2018  8:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2018  8:19 PM
Yeah...Lance does suck at everything outside of great effort.

Personally I would prefer Mario starting at the 4 and allowing him to handle more —- give him legit minutes and see if he can blossom.....I mean what is Lance getting us or Burke for that matter. Mudiay May suck but let’s make 100% sure because Burke is 25, small, ball dominant and very mediocre

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/21/2018  10:46 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Wow...missed this. I'm not sure what to make of Salty old man Gaines lol

Well I’m glad he said it since he’s respected as a scout and I’m glad he @‘d all of them. This may result in players only meeting
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/22/2018  12:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2018  12:19 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
TheGame wrote:Who is going to replace Thomas as a starter? Mario plays little defense and I still don't think Knox is ready (plus he is hurt). Noah is in a good role as backup. So I am not sure there is a better option. Plus, the thinking may be that Thomas is holding the spot for KP, so when KP comes back, everyone else would stay in their current roles and Thomas can move to the bench.
I think you go with Lee or Dotson. Dotson is a really good rebounder for a wing player. I don't think you can have two guys at the forward spots that don't score or rebound and be successful. KP would be perfect because the Knicks need shot blocking and scoring. His rebounding isn't that great but it doesn't have to be to improve on what the Knicks are getting from those spots now.

That is not going to work. You are going to start four guards and Kanter. We would get killed by any team with size. Frank is slightly undersized for a SF and Dotson and Lee would both be overmatched at pf. Right now, Thomas is the best option until Knox gets healthy and gets a few more games under his belt. Robinson might be another option but he too needs another 15-20 games under his belt before I would even consider starting him.

Trust the Process
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/22/2018  1:03 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:KNicks are getting 9 pts and 4 rebounds a game from their starting forwards.

Ouch!!!

not why we lost. I mean those guys are also giving is the best defense keeping us in the game

lol..their defense is keeping us in games, and their offense is taking us out

ES
knicks1248
10/22/2018  1:05 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:Regardless...9 & 4 from the 3 & 4 spots combined is pathetic...no way to spin that unless you are telling me that we are holding the opposition to 9 and 4 too....

We're bad, but Frank is being agressive and I believe the shots will fall. Flipside?

how much did they score on tatum

ES
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/22/2018  1:11 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:Our starting backcourt is averaging 8 assists combined and taking close to 35 shots a game.

This is where cap mismanagement is a massive problem.

Giving dumb contracts to Lee, Hardaway Jr, Noah, Thomas means the Knicks are stuck with minimum contract guys like Burke and Mudiay.

I keep seeing some people say on this forum that everyone has bad contracts or X players contract is in line with many other guys around the league and I have to shake my head.

There is no such thing as an OK bad contract. Or thinking that even one bad contract is OK to have on a roster. They could have taken Noah's 18 million AAV and RENTED IT for draft picks. They could have spent it on PG help. They could have jumped as the third team or fourth team in a larger deadline trade where a couple of other teams needed to shed some salary and would give the Knicks something tangible for it.

Thomas is a QUADRUPLE NEGATIVE

1) He's chewing up valuable cap space.

2) He's chewing up a valuable roster spot that could be used to evaluate a player who actually has a future with the team

3) He's helping just enough where the Knicks are a mediocre lower end treadmill team, winning just enough to never get a good chance at a top lottery pick

4) He's soaking up valuable minutes, where those minutes could be used for different players if the Knicks had the cap space to sign them.

The part that is totally ****ed is it was SELF INFLICTED. It's not like Phil Jackson inherited Thomas on the payroll. He traded for him, then resigned him to a deal no other team would give him. If the Knicks offered Thomas 3/9 or 2/8, the dude was a journeyman, he would have taken it just for the security and accruing service time towards his pension.

Some people keep saying he's a valuable 3 and D guy, sure, in like China. Or India. Or the Peruvian Steamfitters Union Bowling and Basketball REC league.

People keep pointing to his three point shooting. You mean a guy who will only take a three point shot when he has no defenders within ten feet of him and can come full set before he shoots? THESE ARE THE CONDITIONS YOU GET IN AN EMPTY GYM.

He'll hit a threeball for you!

YES THE MOTHERFUCKER WILL DROP ONE IF THE SITUATION APPROXIMATES AN EMPTY GYM.

Have you seen the team jackets for the Peruvian Steamfitters Union Bowling and Basketball REC League? Teal, you nay saying mother****ers. Teal I say. Put some silver-ish tone next to that with some glitter and Bedazzle it up, and that **** will pop, yo.

A bunch of guys who can't speak English and think Candice Bergen is a type of jacket would kick Lance Thomas the holy **** off of their bowling team. So there's that.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/22/2018  1:42 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I dunno? How many meaningful defensive stops did your man THJ have on Tatum?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
10/22/2018  2:08 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Here's a quote from draymon green tonight

It's been called pretty tight," Green said after his team's first loss of the season, a 100-98 defeat to the Denver Nuggets. "We were told that. Defense isn't really an emphasis anymore in this league. So I think you're seeing it all around the league with these high scores. We know what the emphasis is. Just got to be better and we haven't done that in three games. Maybe we win two of them, but it caught us tonight."

The better offensive team is going to win the game

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/22/2018  8:05 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Here's a quote from draymon green tonight

It's been called pretty tight," Green said after his team's first loss of the season, a 100-98 defeat to the Denver Nuggets. "We were told that. Defense isn't really an emphasis anymore in this league. So I think you're seeing it all around the league with these high scores. We know what the emphasis is. Just got to be better and we haven't done that in three games. Maybe we win two of them, but it caught us tonight."

The better offensive team is going to win the game

RainMan1248 is right. The team that scores more points always wins!!!!

1. Gaines only works for Phil Jax. Not sure how "Respected" he is as seemingly he has only worked with phil. Granted, PHil the coach is very respected!!! PHil trusted him but he was out of the league for 14 years before Phil bought him back. I expect him to resurface in some capacity with the Lakers but he has some personality traits that he don't always gets along with others. His tweets are not incorrect and as a fan he can say what he wants. If he is looking for a job in the league this might not be a good way to go about it. Maybe Triple can equate Gaines to some kind of chick nobody wants to phuch? I dunno.

2. We all good with the rebuild and getting a good pick. WE good with losing but it feels awful and the games break hearts. Home loss to Celts never good. It was close game. That's good.

3. Mario. One year 8mm and remember he played really well at the end of last season. Now he looks like he don't give a about anything unless he has the ball.

4. Gaines tweets about his guys. I like that he wants to see his guys do well.

5. Letting Hardaway guard Lavert the other night? Hardaway is an emerging leader on the team and he gets to make that call. As discussed he knows him very well. He messed up. All part of the growth thing right? Maybe Next time Timmy does better or as a leader trusts his mates to play up and let Frank take the assignment. Maybe if Frank is on Lavert they move the ball away from him? Many variables.

6. Lance is who he is and Knox/Mitchell are doing what many 19 year olds do when playing with the varsity, they get banged up. Sprained ankles. It can happen to anyone. It happening to the kids.

7. Reclamations: Vonleah doing good, Mario not, Mudiay incomplete and Burke steady. So we batting .500 which is good. We all know these are low % things anyway. Some of UK called it "stupid" for not locking Mario up for more in the event he really took off. 79 games more to go, he has time.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/22/2018  9:12 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Wow...missed this. I'm not sure what to make of Salty old man Gaines lol

Well I'm glad he said it since he's respected as a scout and I'm glad he @‘d all of them. This may result in players only meeting

Clarence can shut the &#$^$ up as far as I am concerned. Maybe he can first explain what role he had in advising Phil when he signed Noah and Courtney Lee, and traded Lopez for Derrick Rose. Those are moves that wipe out a legacy of good work!

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/22/2018  9:54 AM
I like Thomas because I'm a Knicks fan

But to be honest, if he was on any other team, I'd probably feel about the same way as when we got him: Who?

He showed some promise a couple of years ago when he seemed to buckle down on shooting and vaguely resemble a 3 and D

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
USA
10/22/2018  9:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Great stat. I only got to see the fourth quarter last night but I taped the game. I know Frank's minutes were down from looking at the box score. Was Dotson on Tatum a lot?
Watched the game last night. I know TAtum hit a three when Frank was guarding him. I wasn't that keyed in matchups. I might watch again to see how many minutes Dotson was on Tatum. If Dotson can shut down Tatum and hit shots he needs to be on the court.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/22/2018  10:02 AM
Uptown wrote:

That's pathetic too...not sure why ya'll trying to make this about Frank and Trey.

I am always opposed to high volume chuckers playing isolation ball. And that's what THJR exemplifies. Burke is in the same mold, but he is at least looking to pass a few times. THJR is trying a bit harder on defense between the two of them.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/22/2018  10:09 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I am always opposed to high volume chuckers playing isolation ball. And that's what THJR exemplifies. Burke is in the same mold, but he is at least looking to pass a few times. THJR is trying a bit harder on defense between the two of them.

I like Burke. Obviously he isnt the answer but he can make very good passes. I think he fits as a very good backup whether its here or somewhere else next year
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/22/2018  10:10 AM
as noted, the guy who would replace Thomas in the starting lineup would be Mario. Thomas is starting because he plays defense and does things other than shooting. I think this is a good goal for Mario: play defense and start. Otherwise, Mario and THJ in the same lineup is a bit redundant and I would rather play THJ
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/23/2018  7:29 AM
Whats the point the team isnt that good. You want the hail mary to see if Mario somehow transforms into a starter I guess we can try it but its not going to happen. The only thing worth doing would be to start Knox at the 4 but he is hurt
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
10/23/2018  11:18 AM
We can't even get open 3's because no one other than timmy(who looks to finish at the rim with contact as oppose to passing out) or Burke (who is more PnR than drive and kick) will penetrate.

Even though Kanter was shooting 1000 3 a day over the summer, we have put him in the post and made him one dimensional

Lance and frank do absolutely nothing on offense, the knicks are 3 on 5 on offense when those 2 are in the game.

bucks shot a red hot 65% against the starters in the first half.

Then you have wild man Baker, his reckless play will land him on the injury list, it's just a matter of when. Broken nose, busted lip, dislocated shoulder, I mean damn bro, love the effort, but he's a little nutso

I say bench lance or frank(not both) and add dotson to the starting line up.

Is Mitch still Hurt?

ES
Thomas a glue guy, but he's killing us on O

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy