Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/21/2018  3:10 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Its early in the year so the energy is up. Will Fizdale be able to keep them playing this hard if loses start to mount?

While he's got clear flaws, Baker changes the tone on the floor. Every possession is like street brawl. Baker will not back down. It's hard not to want to fight too if you are on the floor with him. It's something that won't translate into the box score though for Baker.

It helps that there are no malcontents on the roster.

I see them playing hard, but if injuries mount, the healthy players might hit a physical wall by the All Star break.

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but Baker reminds of a poor man's Marcus Smart. Their box scores will rarely impress, but you can clearly see their impact on the floor. Everybody would be ranting about how underrated Baker is if he was on the Warriors. We're a crap team, so his flaws become magnified.

Always fascinated on the interest fans have on the 10 through 15 guy on a roster. Baker hustles but lets face it. If he is on a teams rotation, that team is probably not a playoff team.

Btw. Did you see Dotson. Been wondering why he is not getting any playing time! 😆
Seriously though, thought he was going to be first off the bench.

Very sad to see Knox go down, but I'm please Dotson is getting a chance, he played very well and under the radar in pre-season and appears to have put in a ton of work in the offseason- really hoping it pays off!

AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/21/2018  8:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Its early in the year so the energy is up. Will Fizdale be able to keep them playing this hard if loses start to mount?

While he's got clear flaws, Baker changes the tone on the floor. Every possession is like street brawl. Baker will not back down. It's hard not to want to fight too if you are on the floor with him. It's something that won't translate into the box score though for Baker.

I see them playing hard, but if injuries mount, the healthy players might hit a physical wall by the All Star break.

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but Baker reminds of a poor man's Marcus Smart. Their box scores will rarely impress, but you can clearly see their impact on the floor. Everybody would be ranting about how underrated Baker is if he was on the Warriors. We're a crap team, so his flaws become magnified.

Always fascinated on the interest fans have on the 10 through 15 guy on a roster. Baker hustles but lets face it. If he is on a teams rotation, that team is probably not a playoff team.

Btw. Did you see Dotson. Been wondering why he is not getting any playing time! 😆

Very sad to see Knox go down, but I'm please Dotson is getting a chance, he played very well and under the radar in pre-season and appears to have put in a ton of work in the offseason- really hoping it pays off!

Have you noticed how Knox has had trouble with planting going to the basket in a couple of games. Not the case last night as that was a classic roll. But a couple of times trying to finish he seemed to have trouble planting. There was that easy miss of a dunk in pre season and a couple more times in regular season. Thought it was his kicks. Unfortunate. He was in a lot of pain. Thought it was worse.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/21/2018  8:15 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Have you noticed how Knox has had trouble with planting going to the basket in a couple of games. Not the case last night as that was a classic roll. But a couple of times trying to finish he seemed to have trouble planting. There was that easy miss of a dunk in pre season and a couple more times in regular season. Thought it was his kicks. Unfortunate. He was in a lot of pain. Thought it was worse.

Did not like that he signed with Puma —- the last time they ever made legit hoops sneakers was never and yes I remember the Puma Clyde’s.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/21/2018  9:47 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Did not like that he signed with Puma —- the last time they ever made legit hoops sneakers was never and yes I remember the Puma Clyde’s.

I watched the game after I read this. I forgot he signed with Puma. Always wanted Clydes. Always got pro keds.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/21/2018  10:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I watched the game after I read this. I forgot he signed with Puma. Always wanted Clydes. Always got pro keds.

Pro Keds were good sneaks -- better than Chucks.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/22/2018  9:26 AM
Last year, after being down 12 after being down 16...typically this team would fold. I know its early in this season, but I like the fight from our youngsters. Imagine playing Saturday's game with KP in the lineup.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/22/2018  3:01 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Game thread: Beat the Beanies

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy