[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Beat the Beanies
Author Thread
WP76
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4508

10/20/2018  10:10 PM
Disappointing loss but certainly nothing to be ashamed of. A lot to build on with this Knicks team.
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/20/2018  10:14 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:No matter how this turns out, this squad is showing itself to be mentally strong. Good coaching.
my only issue with fiz is some questionable defensive matchups at crunch time

Agreed. Other than Vonleh no one was playing defense in that end unit. Tatum was basically unchecked the whole time

Yeah I love fiz but he messed up on the final play last night and tonight keeping frank out didnt help because tatum was free all the time
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/20/2018  10:14 PM
Had a flashback watching Knox roll his ankle, like my last year in NY.

Especially the way he had trouble putting any weight on his foot. Im guessing at least a couple of months.

Watching the MSG higlights from the previous game, Mario had more points in half court than I noticed, was busy

I've read Fizdale prefers him at the 4. Since Knox is out for while I'm guessing. Would'nt mind seeing a big lineup with Mario starting at the 3.

Might not work out, but its worth a shot, this early in the season IMO.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/20/2018  10:16 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Fiz needs to teach therein homes to finish games. Went from third to down 4 in in half a minute

We're playing the expected ECF champs. We're missing more players.

We are playing Iso ball and praying for those heaves to go in.

Boston is an elite defensive team, if that's what it takes...

What it takes is organized basketball

like Mike Tyson said "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face". Sometimes the team defense is so stout, that ISO ball is your only option.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/20/2018  10:49 PM
The team definitely looks better than last year. hopefully they continue to play tough. Hardaway is earning his money.
Trust the Process
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/20/2018  10:50 PM
Ive been rough on Hardaway Jr. and I know its early but the guy looks like an All Star
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/20/2018  11:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Had a flashback watching Knox roll his ankle, like my last year in NY.

Especially the way he had trouble putting any weight on his foot. Im guessing at least a couple of months.

Watching the MSG higlights from the previous game, Mario had more points in half court than I noticed, was busy

I've read Fizdale prefers him at the 4. Since Knox is out for while I'm guessing. Would'nt mind seeing a big lineup with Mario starting at the 3.

Might not work out, but its worth a shot, this early in the season IMO.

What do you mean your last year in ny
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/20/2018  11:41 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Ive been rough on Hardaway Jr. and I know its early but the guy looks like an All Star

Sure if low-efficiency volume-shooting Melo was an All Star, why not Hardaway with his 41% FG percentage?

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/21/2018  9:49 AM
TheGame wrote:The team definitely looks better than last year. hopefully they continue to play tough. Hardaway is earning his money.

Its early in the year so the energy is up. Will Fizdale be able to keep them playing this hard if loses start to mount? If they play with this level of energy every night in the East they will hang around the 8th spot. I'm kind of torn because we need another high level player but Im not sure this draft has them. From what I've seen Knox would go number 2 or 3 in this draft.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/21/2018  10:42 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Fiz needs to teach therein homes to finish games. Went from third to down 4 in in half a minute

We're playing the expected ECF champs. We're missing more players.

We are playing Iso ball and praying for those heaves to go in.

Boston is an elite defensive team, if that's what it takes...

What it takes is organized basketball

like Mike Tyson said "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face". Sometimes the team defense is so stout, that ISO ball is your only option.

Yeah Mike Tyson was rocket scientist. This type of thinking is what has gotten us here. Boston was playing defense but it wasn't great, wasn't even good, Kyrie was on the floor. We had to pass the rock around and attack him.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/21/2018  10:56 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
TheGame wrote:The team definitely looks better than last year. hopefully they continue to play tough. Hardaway is earning his money.

Its early in the year so the energy is up. Will Fizdale be able to keep them playing this hard if loses start to mount? If they play with this level of energy every night in the East they will hang around the 8th spot. I'm kind of torn because we need another high level player but Im not sure this draft has them. From what I've seen Knox would go number 2 or 3 in this draft.

Keep an eye on the three prospects coming out of Duke. All 3 project to be top of the lottery and any of them would fit on this team

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/21/2018  11:09 AM
Rookie wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Keep an eye on the three prospects coming out of Duke. All 3 project to be top of the lottery and any of them would fit on this team

Yeah, Knicks GOTTA get a top 5 pick

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/21/2018  11:24 AM
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

it would certainly help. I love that the team plays hard and would never root to lose but if getting another good young talent on a rookie contract is a bonus
martin
USA
10/21/2018  11:50 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

it would certainly help. I love that the team plays hard and would never root to lose but if getting another good young talent on a rookie contract is a bonus

Don't know how to stress this better. This will be the last year (realistically) that the Knicks will both have the cap space and a top 7 lottery pick for a while. They HAVE to maximize it.

For the Knicks, it's their last Tim Duncun like opportunity (without needing to hit the mega Star). TD vs Keith Van Horn and the like. Tatum vs Ball/Fultz.

Gotta get that impact player in top 5 or so.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/21/2018  12:47 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Its early in the year so the energy is up. Will Fizdale be able to keep them playing this hard if loses start to mount?

Guys who play hard because it's in their character

- Thomas
- Baker
- Lee
- Frank N

Guys who will play hard because it's their interest for their next contract

- Thomas
- Baker
- Kanter
- Hezonja
- Vonleh
- Burke
- Dotson
- Trier

Rookies will play hard just like employees at a new job want to put their best foot forward

- MRob, Knox, Trier

Some guys here are saying Fizdale is such an amazing coach. Well he's got more talent than either Fish/Hornacek had for sure, and he's got guys fighting for their next deal. He's also got a GM actually trained for the job.

THJr is interesting because with close to three years left on his deal, he has the most incentive to dog it. But he's playing hard.

Bill Parcells was considered a master manipulator because he knew how to push buttons. With Keyshawn Johnson, he toyed with his ego. (Not that KJ ever really broke out) With Ricky Williams, he mostly left him alone. With Phil Simms, he enraged him over and over again, to play well to spite Parcells. I suppose how THJr reacts now is the only true mark on the roster as to how Fizdale is going to be able to handle people.

While he's got clear flaws, Baker changes the tone on the floor. Every possession is like street brawl. Baker will not back down. It's hard not to want to fight too if you are on the floor with him. It's something that won't translate into the box score though for Baker.

It helps that there are no malcontents on the roster.

I see them playing hard, but if injuries mount, the healthy players might hit a physical wall by the All Star break.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/21/2018  2:11 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Its early in the year so the energy is up. Will Fizdale be able to keep them playing this hard if loses start to mount?

While he's got clear flaws, Baker changes the tone on the floor. Every possession is like street brawl. Baker will not back down. It's hard not to want to fight too if you are on the floor with him. It's something that won't translate into the box score though for Baker.

I see them playing hard, but if injuries mount, the healthy players might hit a physical wall by the All Star break.

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but Baker reminds of a poor man's Marcus Smart. Their box scores will rarely impress, but you can clearly see their impact on the floor. Everybody would be ranting about how underrated Baker is if he was on the Warriors. We're a crap team, so his flaws become magnified.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/21/2018  2:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2018  2:47 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but Baker reminds of a poor man's Marcus Smart. Their box scores will rarely impress, but you can clearly see their impact on the floor. Everybody would be ranting about how underrated Baker is if he was on the Warriors. We're a crap team, so his flaws become magnified.

Always fascinated on the interest fans have on the 10 through 15 guy on a roster. Baker hustles but lets face it. If he is on a teams rotation, that team is probably not a playoff team.

Btw. Did you see Dotson. Been wondering why he is not getting any playing time! 😆
Seriously though, thought he was going to be first off the bench.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
USA
10/21/2018  3:01 PM
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/21/2018  3:04 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Always fascinated on the interest fans have on the 10 through 15 guy on a roster. Baker hustles but lets face it. If he is on a teams rotation, that team is probably not a playoff team.

Btw. Did you see Dotson. Been wondering why he is not getting any playing time! 😆

Dotson's gonna be that guy that its just all gonna click for him by like year 3 or 4 and be a strong role player. Hopefully its still with the Knicks. Type of player that gets plucked by an MDA after he took his lumps his first few years then finds himself in a good role.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/21/2018  3:10 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Dotson needs more burn. People killed him off of one bad summer league, but he's a legit 3&D guy. I wonder what coach is seeing in practice that I'm missing. As for Baker, remember how good Deladova looked on the Cavs? See how crap he looks now? Ron is limited, but he plays good D, moves the ball and hustles. I believe he could be a rotational guy in the right system. Maybe one that has LeBron or Durant in the lineup. At the very least, you could do worse for an end of the rotation guy.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Game thread: Beat the Beanies

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy