[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Allonzo Trier
Author Thread
NotInMyHouse
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6433

10/19/2018  11:15 AM
Trier needs to watch tape from his 10 assist game. He has talent but has been on an offensive crusade his whole life. If he can use his speed to break down defenses and dish (like in that 10 assist pre season game), then the guy can be quite a playa. If he plays some defense (and he has the ability), he can be special. After all, he can score and get off his shot in the NBA. Round yer game Trier.
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/19/2018  12:06 PM
anrst wrote:i'll be even more excited when i see him do something on the court that makes his teammates better

He's played 1 NBA game. Do you expect him to be the complete player from day 1?

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/19/2018  12:18 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:My only issue with Trier is eventually teams are gonna gameplan for him and when his offense isnt there will he be able to contribute in other ways?

Like all pure gunners, he's going to be useful when his shot is falling. Nothing he's shown for his entire playing CAREER THUS FAR indicates he can produce offensively enough at volume and consistency at THE NBA LEVEL to be shoot first/shoot all/ shoot only gunner.

He only knows how to play ONE WAY and one way only.

He got caught doing PEDS. I don't care how it's framed in the media, you have to be a bonehead in the NBA/NCAA to get caught doing PEDS. There are literally 5-6 different established informal pathways for NBA/NCAA guys to know the test is coming and when. His coach openly said move the ball and he kept chucking.

He comes off as high effort ( he wants long term security right...) but undisciplined.

Everyone here hopes he breaks out and breaks out long term for this team, but it's early and it's better to wait and see. When the league gets a better scouting "book" on him and they adjust and how he counteradjusts, that will say a lot. Something troubling is you don't see any counteradjustments now. He's playing one way, one type of ball and that's it. Which, again, is fine if he can be an effective gunner at volume and consistency, but that's pretty rare.

Wait and see. Costs the Knicks nothing to wait and see.

He's doing a nice job around the rim. He has an innate feel for natural spacing/operating in close contact. Some of the things he's doing, you can't teach. That being said, you have to adjust at this level.

I want him to do well, but he's an undisciplined chucker until he shows consistency otherwise. Contract wise, as I always say, you don't buy an engagement ring after one great blowjob. A long term NBA contract is just that, a COMMITMENT that's enforced even if the player doesn't hold up his end for sheer effort ( Melo, Bargs, STAT, Eddy Curry, Jerome James, Noah, do I need to go on?)

As fans, nice to be excited about something. For functional rational team building, wait and see.

One comment I heard about Trier and TT would like your take was Perry thinking Trier would benefit from better spacing in the NBA then in college. The dunk was the epitome of that as the D was spread and Trier caught his pass 30'+ out and was still able o penetrate before the defense could collapse

So the fact that he "gunned" more in college with jump shots might be an artifact of the college system. He also had a nice move baseline in Atl game

Hoping we caught a break here. I want him to drive and get fouled.

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/19/2018  12:28 PM
Knixkik wrote:
anrst wrote:i'll be even more excited when i see him do something on the court that makes his teammates better

people want every player in the league to be this 2 way type of player and it's just not reality. Every player has a role, his primarily role will be energy and scoring of the bench.

I could understand if was chucking away bad shots, but his coach gave him a role(go out there and score) green light, and he's shooting over 50%. When you have players like frank and lance who are more focus on defense, it's ok to have a guy like tier because he makes up for the lack of scoring from those 2.

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/19/2018  1:14 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:Trier needs to watch tape from his 10 assist game. He has talent but has been on an offensive crusade his whole life. If he can use his speed to break down defenses and dish (like in that 10 assist pre season game), then the guy can be quite a playa. If he plays some defense (and he has the ability), he can be special. After all, he can score and get off his shot in the NBA. Round yer game Trier.

Him using his ability to create easy buckets for others will be the difference in him being a 6th man instant offense, or a rising star.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/19/2018  1:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

people want every player in the league to be this 2 way type of player and it's just not reality. Every player has a role, his primarily role will be energy and scoring of the bench.

I could understand if was chucking away bad shots, but his coach gave him a role(go out there and score) green light, and he's shooting over 50%. When you have players like frank and lance who are more focus on defense, it's ok to have a guy like tier because he makes up for the lack of scoring from those 2.

Exactly. The nice thing about Trier is he can get a good shot whenever he wants. That's so valuable. And he's not a poor defensive player by any means. If he becomes even an average defender, and never becomes a good passer, he is still so valuable off the bench.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/19/2018  1:49 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Exactly. The nice thing about Trier is he can get a good shot whenever he wants. That's so valuable. And he's not a poor defensive player by any means. If he becomes even an average defender, and never becomes a good passer, he is still so valuable off the bench.

You pretty much described Swaggy P. I'm hoping for a little more, but time will tell. Still, it's more than you could expect from an undrafted rookie. There are going to be some rough outings, for sure. Let's just wait at least a month before we started proclaiming guys boom or bust.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/19/2018  3:06 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I see a little of john starks in him, obviously not the defender stark was, but starks didn't really becoming a good defender until Pat Riley demanded it

ES
blkexec
Member: #748
10/19/2018  5:10 PM
Knixkik wrote:

There are vets that make max money and dont make their players better. You really trying to put that much pressure on an undrafted rookie?

With that said.. his energy alone makes his teammates better.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/19/2018  5:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:If he starts including defense reps into his insane practice - he will be a really good player. But he has to include defense and passing so those comenatuaraly like the shooting and dribbling. He may never have great court vision,but his speed will allow him to set up bigs like Kanter for dunks all the time.

Been making chase down blocks since SL. Fizdale brought it up a while back. Trier had a nice one last night as well. Shows there is something to build on defensively.

Yes I know that. Still has to play good defense, keep opposing guards in front of him.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
blkexec
10/19/2018  6:23 PM
My new favorite knick.....Trier

I love under dogs.
Got roots in AZ.
And I love his no fear approach to the game.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/19/2018  6:46 PM
blkexec wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

There are vets that make max money and dont make their players better. You really trying to put that much pressure on an undrafted rookie?

With that said.. his energy alone makes his teammates better.

Agreed....He has plenty of time...With that said, if you enter the league with only one skill...Getting Buckets is a great one to have

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/19/2018  6:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/19/2018  6:53 PM
blkexec wrote:My new favorite knick.....Trier

I love under dogs.
Got roots in AZ.
And I love his no fear approach to the game.

Luv Zo's game too....These things are clear: He can get to any place on the court he wants with his handle, has a nice looking shot, can finish through contact. His energy, his confidence, his ability to take the shots he wants, not the shots the defense wants....Man, I feel like we found a real gem!! The basketball gods owe us more than one!

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/19/2018  6:59 PM
TheGame wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:I have a question how much could he get in FA next year. Is it feasible we could lose him immediately. Shouldn't we offer a full deal right now like Robinson.

I think he is locked into his two way deal. My guess is the Knicks are looking to move Lee to free up a roster space. If not maybe they move Dotson for a future second or something. I don't think they just waive someone unless it is Mudiay.

The Knicks can sign him to any NBA contract as long as they use cap space or an exemption. His two-way contract is treated like a g league deal. Knicks should try to sign him for at least three years. If we can get him for three years at 1.4 mill per year, that would be solid for the team. Trier can then take over if he continues to improve and we decide not to resign Hardaway. However, I agree with others that he needs to develop as a passer.

might as well with roster holds he only really costs 600,000

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/19/2018  7:02 PM
Microwave 2.0
blkexec
10/22/2018  6:28 PM
Man.....I can see Trier living at Rucker park in the off season. He has the right handle and flare for street ball.
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/23/2018  1:29 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Logical fallacy - False Dilemma/Red Herring

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
10/23/2018  8:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2018  8:56 PM
Based on what I see, I like him, think he could be an asset and could have a real future here.

Really good potential as an NBA guard which is something we have been missing or compared to the other young guards we've brought in, but he's learning so hard to go too crazy so soon.

Pretty excited to see what he can bring.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
Allonzo Trier

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy