[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It's only one game, and the Hawks are bad, but...
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/17/2018  10:19 PM
Fizdale is the real deal. He is an elite coach. The energy, his personality, out best coach since Riley.

Over 23 wins should be a safe bet. Energy is so important, and we've got guys that have it and can exude it.

We have a team with a lot of youth and upside. Knox, Burke, Trier, Robinson.

Trier isn't going to the G League- we will need to find a way to get him a slot on our full time roster.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/17/2018  10:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2018  10:40 PM
We have the youngest team in the league, but also have some good vets to show the kids the way. Fizdale got his players to buy in early, which is why they're already in such great shape, putting ATL on their heels.

If Fizdale can get his players to sustain this level of aggressiveness on both ends of the court, throughout the season. That will be a great calling card to attract FA's. Even if we dont make the playoffs.

The ones who are about more than just getting paid.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/18/2018  9:05 AM
One game yes... but they rolled in a game that they should win. I can't remember the last time that happened.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/18/2018  9:20 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:One game yes... but they rolled in a game that they should win. I can't remember the last time that happened.

Should they have won? 538 had Atlanta winning 28, us 23. To me, that is a toss up with home court.

We blew them out early, and never let them back in.

We had the energy of a 500+ team, they looked like a doormat.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/18/2018  9:45 AM
franco12 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:One game yes... but they rolled in a game that they should win. I can't remember the last time that happened.

Should they have won? 538 had Atlanta winning 28, us 23. To me, that is a toss up with home court.

our energy was SO much fun to watch. that's we ask for this year - continuous energy, individual improvements and greater meshing as a team.

StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/18/2018  10:20 AM
franco12 wrote:

Atlanta looked absolutely horrible. Not trying to take away with how we played but most nights wont be as easy. I mean Trae Young probably doesnt even know what defense is lol
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/18/2018  11:42 AM
franco12 wrote:

On BOTH ends of the floor. And matching Atlanta's run in the 3rd was cool.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/18/2018  2:12 PM
franco12 wrote:

If their predicted outcome is anything like their 2016 presidential election forecasts, we could be looking at a record in the mid-30s lol I hope they this get one right. We need all hands on deck if we're gonna come out on top in the tankathon for Zion!
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/18/2018  2:35 PM
As long as we play fast and scrappy..we will win our fair share of games and hit the 40 win mark

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/10/18/new-york-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-tim-hardaway-jr-kevin-knox-coach-fizdale

New York’s pace was league average last year, ranking No. 18 in the NBA before the All-Star Break, 48 games of which were played with Porzingis. The Knicks slightly upped their pace with the large Latvian nursing his torn ACL injury, and it seems like Fizdale is determined to increase the trend in 2018-19. Fizdale was integral in applying a run-and-gun approach to the Heat with LeBron and Dwyane Wade in tow, and even with Hardaway and Frank Ntilikina playing the role of The King and D-Wade, the mantra remains the same: run wild young ones.

The Knicks ran with abandon against Atlanta, ending the game with a pace rating of 112.5. That would have ranked first in the league by nearly 11 points last season. A Burke dime to Hardaway on the break in the second quarter forced a Hawks timeout, and Frank Ntilikina tallied a pair of first half assists on transition. Enes Kanter was the only Knick not to have the green light off a defensive rebound. With an undermanned unit, New York will look for easy buckets as much as possible.

ES
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

10/18/2018  5:58 PM
About last night, one player that deserves big credit Noah Vonleh 100% Fgp 12 pts 10 boards and solid defense in 16 minutes. That’s impressive production, Vonleh wears fan favorite Herb Williams # 32 is only 23, break out player? It’s Very possible with his skill set, a board machine with a nice touch about to hit his prime.

It is vs the hawks, and only one game but a win is a win and this year is going to be exciting! Right now this team is loaded with young talent. I think Teir is the real steal of the year, he’s a walking bucket who plays on both ends of the floor, a talent like that, it’s amazing he went undrafted, this front office is really impressing me during a rebuild.

It's only one game, and the Hawks are bad, but...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy