Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/17/2018  10:39 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Marv wrote:
Gudris wrote:We are 8th seed 100% this year, east are super weak

be interested to hear your breakdown on how this team looks on the court that leads to 41 wins this year.

You can be a little over avg simply by playing hard, focus and being well prepared, then become elite when you add a couple of top tier players.

with this current squad at this stage of its development? seriously i'd love for someone to forecast how this happens this year. with some specifics given our personnel.
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/17/2018  11:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2018  11:05 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Look we all want the knicks to win. But lets be realistic we are a young team who will be without our best player for most if not all the year. KP isnt going anywhere no matter how many games we win. Free agents understand the situation but they also understand the knicks are compiling a lot of good young talent that makes us more attractive than previous year. Also getting another top pick is another great thing.

I agree that KP will stay with us. And that we will surprise some this year. However, you cant rule out the possibility that his team may want him to be in a winning situation over signing the max with the Knicks. As other top tier players (LBJ, KD) have shown, it is not that important, to them, to sign max extensions anymore. They would rather keep flexibility and be on a winning team. It is more about building their brands then getting an extra year on one contract. I think that if the Knicks don't show signs of winning or get a key free agent in the summer, there is a good chance he does not sign a long term deal which starts his way out.

But KP is coming off his rookie deal and is a RFA so it doesnt matter. All bigtime players coming off their rookie deals have no leverage to sign with another team, it rarely happens. Lebron and KD were coming off their second deals
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/17/2018  11:05 AM
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Marv wrote:

be interested to hear your breakdown on how this team looks on the court that leads to 41 wins this year.

You can be a little over avg simply by playing hard, focus and being well prepared, then become elite when you add a couple of top tier players.

with this current squad at this stage of its development? seriously i'd love for someone to forecast how this happens this year. with some specifics given our personnel.

Celtics
Toronto
Bucks
Miami
Pacers
Wizards
Knicks

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/17/2018  11:07 AM
obviously at one level this is a super move. 10 mill more of signing flexibility etc

On the other hand (sorry I can't help myself), if the Knicks turn into a dysfunctional mess (not hoping for this but it's possible), e.g., coach is a mess, front office can't do anything but talk etc. KP's love of NY will be seriously tested and he could leave.

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/17/2018  11:10 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Him not signing a max deal is a clear sign that him and his camp are motivated by wins not money.

More Rainman thinking he is in KP's head.
Its likely Knicks gave KP and his team the choice. Sign now and get the money, or it will be there anyway and maybe have more money to sign players.
If your gullible to Media intrigue and then thinking your do as KP, then your making shyt up.
Logic.
KP can flat out not look at any restricted deals from anyone and be totally free in two years. If he really wants that he can have it. Knicks still can offer him most money by far. He can sign with a winning team. Which "winning teams" will have super max money in two years? Quantify that and you have something to talk about.
Reality is two years is a long time. KP gives up multi generational wealth if his breaks again.
Personally I don't get rainman type redundant KP anxiety. I like Knicks are waiting for all the reasons that are logical.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/17/2018  11:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2018  11:11 AM
Gudris wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Marv wrote:

Celtics
Toronto
Bucks
Miami
Pacers
Wizards
Knicks

Brooklyn, Charlotte, Detroit, and Indiana can all win more games.
Not all of them will but we will not be better that 10-12 place for sure.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/17/2018  11:13 AM
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
29 wins will be a disaster for everybody, and no matter how good I feel about fiz, we have seen reputations get shattered within months. From larry, to Lenny, to phil, to walsh, the list is crazy, it was all a great big fuzzy feeling when they all hopped on board.

If Fiz have these players looking like crap and losing 7 tp 10 in a row, watch how fast the kum-ba-ya crowd disperse

But if he starts beating the odds, he'll be the king of NY.

This is a really important season

i really can't believe that:

a. you would expect this team wouild possibly win more than 29 games

b. you would believe that the success of this season is predicated on wins

imo this is a developmental season. period. develop the rookies and frank to be our upcoming core. see who can play out of the other young players and who's moving forward with us. prepare the young team that's going to add kp, a high #1 and a FA or 2 next year. it's a rebuild.

That hit me just right. The Knicks will be adding a high #1, KP and a possible FA (this coming year or next) to the roster. That's nice.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/17/2018  11:15 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Him not signing a max deal is a clear sign that him and his camp are motivated by wins not money.

More Rainman thinking he is in KP's head.
Its likely Knicks gave KP and his team the choice. Sign now and get the money, or it will be there anyway and maybe have more money to sign players.
If your gullible to Media intrigue and then thinking your do as KP, then your making shyt up.
Logic.
KP can flat out not look at any restricted deals from anyone and be totally free in two years. If he really wants that he can have it. Knicks still can offer him most money by far. He can sign with a winning team. Which "winning teams" will have super max money in two years? Quantify that and you have something to talk about.
Reality is two years is a long time. KP gives up multi generational wealth if his breaks again.
Personally I don't get rainman type redundant KP anxiety. I like Knicks are waiting for all the reasons that are logical.

Apparently in his mind if we dont get 5 or 6 extra wins it means KP is gone(even though he is a RFA) and NOBODY will sign with us
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/17/2018  11:36 AM
Marv wrote:

and arranging this so the knicks get an extra $10M for FA's in 2019 isn't a mutual investment in winning???

There goes Marv... confusing folks with logic again. Dick move
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
wargames
Member: #6053

10/17/2018  1:06 PM
Didn't the article come out recently that showed the Knicks couldn't give a 9+ year vet their level Max? Meaning the Knicks couldn't Max out KD even if they wanted too unless they traded both Hardaway and Lee for expirings.

I keep saying the KD to Knicks rumors is troll **** by the media. Knicks got to look to build a team that can beat Philly, the Raptor, and Boston with their star level depth more than focus on going after Jameson FA.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/17/2018  1:12 PM
fishmike wrote:
Marv wrote:

and arranging this so the knicks get an extra $10M for FA's in 2019 isn't a mutual investment in winning???

There goes Marv... confusing folks with logic again. Dick move

totally lol
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
10/17/2018  1:13 PM
wargames wrote:Didn't the article come out recently that showed the Knicks couldn't give a 9+ year vet their level Max? Meaning the Knicks couldn't Max out KD even if they wanted too unless they traded both Hardaway and Lee for expirings.

I keep saying the KD to Knicks rumors is troll **** by the media. Knicks got to look to build a team that can beat Philly, the Raptor, and Boston with their star level depth more than focus on going after Jameson FA.

Knicks will have 31mil available as long as sign KD first, then lock up KP. Literally they need to sign a free agent first before Kp. This is how teams can go over the cap.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/17/2018  1:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2018  1:27 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Look we all want the knicks to win. But lets be realistic we are a young team who will be without our best player for most if not all the year. KP isnt going anywhere no matter how many games we win. Free agents understand the situation but they also understand the knicks are compiling a lot of good young talent that makes us more attractive than previous year. Also getting another top pick is another great thing.

I agree that KP will stay with us. And that we will surprise some this year. However, you cant rule out the possibility that his team may want him to be in a winning situation over signing the max with the Knicks. As other top tier players (LBJ, KD) have shown, it is not that important, to them, to sign max extensions anymore. They would rather keep flexibility and be on a winning team. It is more about building their brands then getting an extra year on one contract. I think that if the Knicks don't show signs of winning or get a key free agent in the summer, there is a good chance he does not sign a long term deal which starts his way out.

But KP is coming off his rookie deal and is a RFA so it doesnt matter. All bigtime players coming off their rookie deals have no leverage to sign with another team, it rarely happens. Lebron and KD were coming off their second deals

Didnt say he can leave in 2019. Said he doeant have to sign with anyone on long term deal and can wait to be an unrestricted FA in 2020. Specially if his team sees the same ole losing story here.

I think we will sign a solid FA and he will want to stay. We also have a nice young core. But cant deny anything is possible. Including him leaving. Dont think money will factor in as much as some think.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
USA
10/17/2018  2:16 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Didnt say he can leave in 2019. Said he doeant have to sign with anyone on long term deal and can wait to be an unrestricted FA in 2020. Specially if his team sees the same ole losing story here.

I think we will sign a solid FA and he will want to stay. We also have a nice young core. But cant deny anything is possible. Including him leaving. Dont think money will factor in as much as some think.

You know kp financial priorities? I don’t doubt winning is good but isn’t a culture of progress and being at the epicenter of it also important? Him breaking did pull the franchise back. In reverence to him we booted Phil, and then Hornacek to move forward. Everything has been done with him in mind. Money, winning and a culture of progress all adds up.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/17/2018  2:35 PM
If KP doesn't think he is good enough to take the group we have assembled and will add to this off season into the play offs, he isn't worth a max deal and I don't want him.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/17/2018  2:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2018  3:02 PM
It's hilarious around here and so damn bias..

Some of you refuse to entertain signing kyrie and others because of an injured history, but feel obligated to sign KP just because we drafted him although he's been injured every single yr he's been in the league.

yeah lets max him out.

If im mills i'm offering him a (just coming off major injury) contract, about 18 mill per for 2 yrs

ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/17/2018  3:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:It's hilarious around here and so damn bias..

Some of you refuse to entertain signing kyrie and others because of an injured history, but feel obligated to sign KP just because we drafted him although he's been injured every single yr he's been in the league.

yeah lets max him out.

If im mills i'm offering him a (just coming off major injury) contract, about 18 mill per for 2 yrs

I agree with you in part- we should not be maxing him out.

Unfortunately in the NBA, there is no middle ground.

Three years, $45m would be uber fair - I'd give him a 4th year team option at $15m.

But that world doesn't exist in the NBA - its all or nothing, pretty much.

Look at the money that has been thrown around to players like THjr?

I've been worried about him turning into Ralph Sampson 2.0, but I don't want to lose him for nothing.

Maybe if he is hesitant to stay, we ship his rear out for some picks?

But, my hope is he will become the player we saw the first 10-15 games last year, or close to it. And that is the kind of player you win with.

We probably have to accept that he will miss games.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/17/2018  3:50 PM

yeah lets max him out.

I'm not necessarily against signing Kyrie, but this isn't an apples to apples comparison. You have to factor in age, seasons played, types of injuries, position, positional value etc. I think most realize how good Kyrie is.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/17/2018  6:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2018  7:14 PM
Nalod wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

You know kp financial priorities? I don't doubt winning is good but isn't a culture of progress and being at the epicenter of it also important? Him breaking did pull the franchise back. In reverence to him we booted Phil, and then Hornacek to move forward. Everything has been done with him in mind. Money, winning and a culture of progress all adds up.

Don't know anyone's financial priorities. Do know he is not staying just because Phil and JH were pushed out or because he will get an extra year on his next deal. Just mentioned that the trend among high tier players is not just on one max contract anymore. Its all based on building a brand. Which definitely includes winning. That's proving to all ads up to a lot more money for these guys than any contract can offer.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/18/2018  1:49 PM

yeah lets max him out.

So first you feel that Knicks won't be able to sign him unless they win 35-40 games to show that they are on the come up. But then you also feel that Perry should low ball KP with 18 mil per over 2 years to prove his health?

Seems like a contradictory set of viewpoints. You made the thread claiming Knicks will have a hard time retaining KP. Posters provided reasons why Knicks have a way higher probability to retain KP. You then attempt to spin that into Kyrie bias.

And if KP refuses that deal and feels disrespected then what would you do Knicks1248?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
KP possibility after a losing season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy