OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/4/2018  1:30 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Uptown wrote:Smart pick up by the Lakers! They desperately need another big....Could use a shooter as well...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/tyson-chandler-plans-to-sign-with-lakers-after-finalizing-buyout-with-suns-per-reports/44

Also shows how useless Noah is to the rest of the league.

His only hope is if thibs manages to include deing in the butler trade.

I do wonder if there was something else going on with noah as we were adamant at not bringing him back and no team even wanted to give him a try out in preseason.

I think it was a consideration until Fiz met with Noah in the off-season. I think Noah said something during their conversation that made Fiz think Noah is a no-go.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/4/2018  2:08 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Uptown wrote:Smart pick up by the Lakers! They desperately need another big....Could use a shooter as well...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/tyson-chandler-plans-to-sign-with-lakers-after-finalizing-buyout-with-suns-per-reports/44

Chandler is better than what they had, but it's not much more.

Lakers have no rim protection aside from McGee. Beasley interesting enough has done pretty well considering the situation.

LBJ gets teams to sign who he wants, but he never seems to want rim protection. Odd.

Lakers should offer Ingram and Ball for Zinger. They need rim protecion and shooters and since LBJ is really your primary ball handler anyway, Ingram and Ball are sort of roleless since both shoot like pure ****.

You mean locked to the bench? Dude has played exactly 10 minutes across all of Lakers 9 games.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/4/2018  3:59 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

Chandler is better than what they had, but it's not much more.

Lakers have no rim protection aside from McGee. Beasley interesting enough has done pretty well considering the situation.

LBJ gets teams to sign who he wants, but he never seems to want rim protection. Odd.

Lakers should offer Ingram and Ball for Zinger. They need rim protecion and shooters and since LBJ is really your primary ball handler anyway, Ingram and Ball are sort of roleless since both shoot like pure ****.

Your are wrong on many levels here...I have watched every single Laker game....First, Beasley hasn't played much at all this season, so not sure how you figure he's done well unless you mean he's been a good cheerleader.

Second, Rondo has done an outstanding job running the point and alleviating Lebron from primary ball handling responsibilities...Rondo was great last night running the show (yes he and Lebron took turns at times) and on top of that, for the first time since Lebron played along side Wade, Rondo, not Lebron was barking instructions, huddling the team, talking during timeouts and getting guys into position. Also, Ball handles the rock quite a bit when he ie in the game too....

Third, you say Lebron never wants rim protectors, yet they signed McGee this summer (he has been outstanding protecting the rim by the way, 6 big blocks last night) and now they are adding Chandler....You are correct on one level; the Lakers absolutely need one more shooter...

BigDaddyG

11/5/2018  3:25 AM
Never thought Sexton was a top 10 guy in the last draft, but this a bit much. Cleveland is even more of a crap show than it was the first time LeBron left and they wasted the first overall pick on Anthony Bennett.
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/cavaliers-collin-sexton-veterans-frustrated-cant-play-tyronn-lue-nba-news-larry-drew-magic/1llld947oexzn15e0eljldtyex

Per the report: "It's becoming increasingly clear that when you hear a Cavs veteran talk about younger players not knowing their role, or knowing how to win, or what to do on the court, they mean Sexton. Throughout the organization, the line on Sexton is that he does not 'know how to play.'"
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/5/2018  10:38 AM
its almost too bad Briggs isnt around to troll a bit. Its funny how I immediately think of him when I see certain players.
For example Frank Kaminsky (sure fire high end player) is out of the rotation and is on a trajectory to be a scrapheap league min player. Meanwhile one of the keys behind the Kings strong start has been the emergence of WCS who has become a very good 2-way center.

Here's an eye popper: Marcus Smart after getting paid: 5ppg, 4assist, 24mpg, 30% FGs, $12mm bucks. Good thing he's really good at playing that there d-fence

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/5/2018  1:27 PM
fishmike wrote:its almost too bad Briggs isnt around to troll a bit. Its funny how I immediately think of him when I see certain players.
For example Frank Kaminsky (sure fire high end player) is out of the rotation and is on a trajectory to be a scrapheap league min player. Meanwhile one of the keys behind the Kings strong start has been the emergence of WCS who has become a very good 2-way center.

Here's an eye popper: Marcus Smart after getting paid: 5ppg, 4assist, 24mpg, 30% FGs, $12mm bucks. Good thing he's really good at playing that there d-fence

Jabari Parker

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/5/2018  2:27 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Never thought Sexton was a top 10 guy in the last draft, but this a bit much. Cleveland is even more of a crap show than it was the first time LeBron left and they wasted the first overall pick on Anthony Bennett.
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/cavaliers-collin-sexton-veterans-frustrated-cant-play-tyronn-lue-nba-news-larry-drew-magic/1llld947oexzn15e0eljldtyex

Per the report: "It's becoming increasingly clear that when you hear a Cavs veteran talk about younger players not knowing their role, or knowing how to win, or what to do on the court, they mean Sexton. Throughout the organization, the line on Sexton is that he does not 'know how to play.'"

really shoddy behaviour from so called veterans. He's 19, and doesn't even have 10 games under his belt- if he's doing something wrong, help teach him, don't go criticizing him to the press.

BigDaddyG

11/5/2018  3:34 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Never thought Sexton was a top 10 guy in the last draft, but this a bit much. Cleveland is even more of a crap show than it was the first time LeBron left and they wasted the first overall pick on Anthony Bennett.

really shoddy behaviour from so called veterans. He's 19, and doesn't even have 10 games under his belt- if he's doing something wrong, help teach him, don't go criticizing him to the press.

You can't deny that Phil was spot on with at least one trade.
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/5/2018  4:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2018  4:18 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:Ugh

yuck

It just never made sense to me to through a bunch of young kids on the court a let them learn the hard way

Report suggests Cavs' veterans unimpressed with Sexton
Field Level MediaReuters
Posted at Nov 05 2018 10:05 AM

It apparently has taken some Cleveland Cavaliers veteran players nine games to decide that first-round draft pick Collin Sexton doesn't "know how to play."

A report in The Athletic zeroes in on Sexton, the eighth pick overall in the NBA draft in June, who apparently was viewed as a player to build around in the wake of the end of the LeBron James era.

The 19-year-old Sexton, who spent one season at Alabama, is averaging 23.7 minutes per game, with 11.1 points, 2.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists on 41.3 percent shooting.

The Cavaliers have begun the season 1-8, which cost coach Tyronn Lue his job, and their best player, power forward Kevin Love is out for up to six weeks with a foot injury.

Joe Vardon of The Athletic writes:

"It's becoming increasingly clear that when you hear a Cavs veteran talk about younger players not knowing their role, or knowing how to win, or what to do on the court, they mean Sexton," according to the article.

"Throughout the organization, the line on Sexton is that he does not 'know how to play.' He doesn't know how to defend the pick and roll. He doesn't know how to set up teammates as a point guard. ... and they're discouraged when, after these losses, he doesn't seem bothered by them."

For the 8th pick in the draft the _________ select

2018-sexton
2017-frank
2016-marquese
2015-stanley
2014-stauskas
2013-caldwell pope
2012-terrence ross
2011-Farouq Aminu
2010-brandon knight

Something about that 8th pick that never produces a star or even close to it, I wanted to trade that pick so bad, move up, down, just not the 8th pick

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/5/2018  9:14 PM
I just came to realize that utAh got gobert and donovan fro
Draft day trades w Denver

New draft plan. Trade w Denver

(5)(5)
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/6/2018  10:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

yuck

It just never made sense to me to through a bunch of young kids on the court a let them learn the hard way

Field Level MediaReuters

It apparently has taken some Cleveland Cavaliers veteran players nine games to decide that first-round draft pick Collin Sexton doesn't "know how to play."

A report in The Athletic zeroes in on Sexton, the eighth pick overall in the NBA draft in June, who apparently was viewed as a player to build around in the wake of the end of the LeBron James era.

The 19-year-old Sexton, who spent one season at Alabama, is averaging 23.7 minutes per game, with 11.1 points, 2.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists on 41.3 percent shooting.

The Cavaliers have begun the season 1-8, which cost coach Tyronn Lue his job, and their best player, power forward Kevin Love is out for up to six weeks with a foot injury.

"It's becoming increasingly clear that when you hear a Cavs veteran talk about younger players not knowing their role, or knowing how to win, or what to do on the court, they mean Sexton," according to the article.

"Throughout the organization, the line on Sexton is that he does not 'know how to play.' He doesn't know how to defend the pick and roll. He doesn't know how to set up teammates as a point guard. ... and they're discouraged when, after these losses, he doesn't seem bothered by them."

2018-sexton
2017-frank
2016-marquese
2015-stanley
2014-stauskas
2013-caldwell pope
2012-terrence ross
2011-Farouq Aminu
2010-brandon knight

Something about that 8th pick that never produces a star or even close to it, I wanted to trade that pick so bad, move up, down, just not the 8th pick

This was about Jabari Parker but you had to make it about Frank using Sexton as an excuse. 😀
Your way of looking at basketball is history, consider coming over to the other side. And drop your hate fir Frank, he'll be around for a long time.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/7/2018  12:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2018  12:55 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

yuck

Field Level MediaReuters

2018-sexton
2017-frank
2016-marquese
2015-stanley
2014-stauskas
2013-caldwell pope
2012-terrence ross
2011-Farouq Aminu
2010-brandon knight

This was about Jabari Parker but you had to make it about Frank using Sexton as an excuse. 😀
Your way of looking at basketball is history, consider coming over to the other side. And drop your hate fir Frank, he'll be around for a long time.

I don't hate frank, I hate that he can't shoot, dribble, or get to the FT line, in other words I hate passive players when we are in need of aggressive players

You have your reason you Hate Melo and THJ, who have done 10x more than frank

ES
Juliano
Member: #7589

11/7/2018  1:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

That line of thinking is 100% superstition, you might as well be looking at player's astrology signs.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/7/2018  4:05 PM
miles bridges . . . my goodness.

meloshouldgo

11/7/2018  10:43 PM
Whiteside had 29/21/9 game!!! Almost did what KP promised and pulled off the first ever triple double in Pts/rebs/Blks
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/8/2018  9:58 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

yuck

Field Level MediaReuters

2018-sexton
2017-frank
2016-marquese
2015-stanley
2014-stauskas
2013-caldwell pope
2012-terrence ross
2011-Farouq Aminu
2010-brandon knight

I don't hate frank, I hate that he can't shoot, dribble, or get to the FT line, in other words I hate passive players when we are in need of aggressive players

whats funny is you wanted to be like Miami. We hired a Miami guy, we play hard hard for 48 minutes and the type of coach YOU pined for has Burke sitting and Frank starting. What is funny to some here is you dont know why and are puzzled by this.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/8/2018  12:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2018  1:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I don't hate frank, I hate that he can't shoot, dribble, or get to the FT line, in other words I hate passive players when we are in need of aggressive players

Do you hate passive players just on the offensive end?

Knicks got a lot of passive players on the defensive end.

You hate them too?

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/8/2018  3:59 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I don't hate frank, I hate that he can't shoot, dribble, or get to the FT line, in other words I hate passive players when we are in need of aggressive players

Do you hate passive players just on the offensive end?

Knicks got a lot of passive players on the defensive end.

You hate them too?

knickd1248 likes the show not the basketball.
Frank is no-showmen. He is all business... and this is boring.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
meloshouldgo

11/8/2018  7:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

yuck

Field Level MediaReuters

2018-sexton
2017-frank
2016-marquese
2015-stanley
2014-stauskas
2013-caldwell pope
2012-terrence ross
2011-Farouq Aminu
2010-brandon knight

And I have responded to this multiple times and I'll respond again - We had an aggressive PG in Rose(65 games) along with Melo(74) and KP(66) and we managed to win 31 games. So what is your point? Or did you even have a point to start with? Maybe just take a step and analyze why your style of preferred basketball always comes up short? Why do you think the Knicks were so bad for so long while always having "all stars" on the roster? at what point do you think it's time for a just a little bit of introspection about your own views of what works in face of overwhelming evidence that it doesn't?

And yes I hated Melo, still do - never started posts saying "I don't hate Melo" - what lame idea! So not sure why that was thrown in there?

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/9/2018  10:47 AM
Hats off to Budenholzer and the Bucks. Man, essentially the same line up (minus Jabari) but they look crazy tough now.
(5)(5)
OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy