Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/29/2018  11:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2018  11:42 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

No ones job is safe regardless of anything when your losing, I knew this guy was trash and the only one he connected to was LBJ. Even he stop believing in him and bounced.

agree. the bouncing part though...that was pre-meditated...don't forget the LA school visits

Could be, I don't remember what exactly it was but the signs were there last season.

You know what it is to, some head coaches are better suited for assistants. Even with a guy like FIZ, I like him a lot, but I feel he is better suited for a player development role. I could be wrong, and it's early, but his connection with players and building them up seems like a perfect role for an assistant. I really don't think he's a good game manager, as far as pushing the right buttons to actually win the game.

6 games in you gt this all figured out with the leagues youngest roster?
You could be right but you know he also could get better at game management also. You do realize Brett Brown endured 5 losing seasons in Philly, and Brad Stevens won 25 games his first season and admitted to "needing to do better". He did as did his roster. Fiz might not be a complete coach and needs more experience. Teams do develop coaches too.
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/29/2018  12:41 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

No ones job is safe regardless of anything when your losing, I knew this guy was trash and the only one he connected to was LBJ. Even he stop believing in him and bounced.

agree. the bouncing part though...that was pre-meditated...don't forget the LA school visits

Could be, I don't remember what exactly it was but the signs were there last season.

You know what it is to, some head coaches are better suited for assistants. Even with a guy like FIZ, I like him a lot, but I feel he is better suited for a player development role. I could be wrong, and it's early, but his connection with players and building them up seems like a perfect role for an assistant. I really don't think he's a good game manager, as far as pushing the right buttons to actually win the game.

6 games in you gt this all figured out with the leagues youngest roster?
You could be right but you know he also could get better at game management also. You do realize Brett Brown endured 5 losing seasons in Philly, and Brad Stevens won 25 games his first season and admitted to "needing to do better". He did as did his roster. Fiz might not be a complete coach and needs more experience. Teams do develop coaches too.

Agreed - we are not really trying to win games. I like the tsarting lineup and I hope it sticks

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/29/2018  2:17 PM
Folks, the Kings have a better record than...
Mavs, Lakers, Timberwolves, OKC, Rockets, Suns.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/29/2018  2:20 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Folks, the Kings have a better record than...
Mavs, Lakers, Timberwolves, OKC, Rockets, Suns.

I'll take 'It's the First 2 Weeks of the Season' for $500, Alex.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/29/2018  2:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2018  2:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Clevleand Cavs aren't the standard that should be followed.

They also have plenty of vets on the team who have been going to the finals for the past few seasons who should all have winning habits according to your logic.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Cartman718

10/29/2018  2:46 PM
Mitch hops

He didn't have to put the ball on the floor just kept going up
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
10/29/2018  3:24 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wow.

Dude won a chip, and has been to the finals every season he has been coach...he deserved better. Then again, not sure what's going on behind the scenes. With Lebron gone, maybe they wanted to remove all of his connections to the franchise and start fresh. If that was the case though, why not remove Lue before the season?

Yes but how much or what did he contribute to those results? Agree he should have been cut before the season.

David Griffen raves about Lue on nba radio. I think he had to manage a lot of egos. Imagine winning with JR and Shump.

I haven't followed his work closely but I think the Cavaliers were basically run by LeBron and Lue was a token placeholder. That's just the feeling I always had about that team. LeBron kept them in line and got them paid. They came through for him in the clutch.

When LBJ joined the Heat, Erik Spolestra came totally clean with him. LBJ's style of ball ( iso heavy/reliance on being surrounded by shooters) was not the kind of free flowing offense you'd need to take out a top Western team in the Finals. It would get them lots of regular season wins and could take the East, but it was too limiting.

So LBJ tried to get Spolestra fired. Blatt said the same thing. So of course Blatt gets ****ted on in the sports media because Nike says so.

Where coaching does make a huge difference is the back end of your rotation. Things like Erik Spolestra finding a way to make Joel Anthony and Mario Chalmers somewhat functional.

LBJ the player is awesome. Nearly unstoppable.

LBJ the defacto LeGM and LBJ the defacto idiot coach hurts LBJ the player more than any other team in the NBA. The teams are old, veteran heavy and the coaches are neutered or figurehead coaches are installed so you aren't getting much help on the back end of the roster. Lue was not ready to be an NBA head coach, but he was thrust into the role because he would provide the least friction for LBJ's demands.

When JVG got promoted it was to appease Ewing. Nellie vs. Ewing and Pat won. Pat wanted slow ball and a new contract. Knicks wanted to run.
JVG did what Pat wanted. Fast forward friction between JVG and Ernie Grunfeld. JVG was going to get fired but something happened in the strike short year, we go to finals and earns JVG a two year 4mm extension and dolan gets cheap. Fires Ernie instead. We never reach finals, JVG was a good coach but that era cost us YEARS on the back end.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/29/2018  4:53 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wow.

Dude won a chip, and has been to the finals every season he has been coach...he deserved better. Then again, not sure what's going on behind the scenes. With Lebron gone, maybe they wanted to remove all of his connections to the franchise and start fresh. If that was the case though, why not remove Lue before the season?

Isola on nba radio this morning said he didn't think Lue looked good when he saw him recently. I wonder if he was still having health issues.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/29/2018  9:26 PM
Warriors DROPPED 92 AT HALFTIME!!!! 10 3'S for Klat at Halftime!! Wow!!
Cartman718

10/29/2018  10:00 PM
Uptown wrote:Warriors DROPPED 92 AT HALFTIME!!!! 10 3'S for Klat at Halftime!! Wow!!
Wow that’s crazy. Do you remember that kings mavs game from bibby days when mavs scored 86 or something like that in a half?
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/30/2018  8:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2018  8:36 AM
Uptown wrote:Warriors DROPPED 92 AT HALFTIME!!!! 10 3'S for Klat at Halftime!! Wow!!

he took 24 3 point attempts, had zero assist, his teammates force fed him the ball, none of the starters took more than 9 shots.
Who takes 29 shots and 24 of them are 3's, that's a little ridiculous

ES
Cartman718

10/30/2018  9:17 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

he took 24 3 point attempts, had zero assist, his teammates force fed him the ball, none of the starters took more than 9 shots.

I don't understand WHY it's ridiculous when you are hot like that. 14 of 24 from 3 point land is 58% shooting. That would mean 21 of 24 in 2 point shooting terms to get 42 points. They already have their culture established, they are allowed to ride a wave to win a game.

If Burke or Timmy got hot like that you better believe they'd be getting the ball, even though we do not have a playing style completely established.

Cartman718

10/30/2018  9:55 AM
btw, Klay head bumped leading to a bloody bruise in the 2nd quarter sometime and then went on to break the record. Most shooters would have been thrown off their game.

the Official Chicago Bulls twitter account tweeted this once Klay was unstoppable.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/30/2018  10:39 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I don't understand WHY it's ridiculous when you are hot like that. 14 of 24 from 3 point land is 58% shooting. That would mean 21 of 24 in 2 point shooting terms to get 42 points. They already have their culture established, they are allowed to ride a wave to win a game.

If Burke or Timmy got hot like that you better believe they'd be getting the ball, even though we do not have a playing style completely established.

Ridiculous in the sense that this league has really turned into a 3 point contest.

The Bulls scored 124 points and lost by 25 points..thats a little ridiculous

I get it with Klay, especially since he was in a major slump (4 for 31 on the season before last night), but even the ball movement was crazy. I don't care how good your defense is, ball movement, PnR, screens..you just can't defend that sht when you got shooters all over the place.

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/30/2018  11:04 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Ridiculous in the sense that this league has really turned into a 3 point contest.

I get it with Klay, especially since he was in a major slump (4 for 31 on the season before last night), but even the ball movement was crazy. I don't care how good your defense is, ball movement, PnR, screens..you just can't defend that sht when you got shooters all over the place.

You just brought up why this is where the NBA has been for years. All teams/FO's/Players need to adapt or get stuck in the past. Like our friends Phil Jackson and the Triangle.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/30/2018  2:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2018  2:11 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You just brought up why this is where the NBA has been for years. All teams/FO's/Players need to adapt or get stuck in the past. Like our friends Phil Jackson and the Triangle.

Look at the Fuckatempos. Budholzer has them playing defense even when their ****loads of threes are not falling. The Freak is looking to pass more than occasionally.
They are beating the living **** out of people. They shoot threes, but they also demoralize people with straight drives and cuts.

Yeah, it's 7 games in and I know it helps to have the Ninth wonder of the solar system leading your squad (and they beat the **** out of Toronto without Giannis), but according to the players, the players are all treated the same. Interesting concept. Wonder how long it will last.

The Bucks were also cold early, going just 1 of 8 from 3-point range. But Milwaukee finished the half hitting nine of its next 15 3s to build a 25-point halftime lead. Antetokounmpo scored only five points in the first half but Middleton and Brodgon each had 13.

''It's coaching,'' Brogdon said. ''He treats Giannis the same way he treats the last guy on the bench. We have immense respect for him, everybody's bought into the system and we enjoy playing for him.''

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/30/2018  4:30 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The NBA has never seen anything like this and may never again. Not since George Mikan has anything so dominant took over the league and the only way to stop it is to literally change the rules.

The Warriors can only beat themselves. (Or the refs and Nike) Steph Curry's range is half court. Even when covered. He gets mauled more than any long range gunner I've ever seen and he's bombing at a video game rate. Green and Durant can both defend the rim, space the floor and defend out in space. Thompson is criminally underrated defensively.

If you stacked them against any historic NBA team, they'd crush them. If you put them up against the first Olympic team, I think it would be a push.

Think about what it take to beat the Warriors when they are actually trying ( sometimes they coast)

You need to have the refs totally **** them, you need to be 5 deep on above average defensive wings, you need to shoot at a historic rate, you'd need 2 of their core guys to have outlier ****ty nights on the floor.

I think the playing field changes if Durant leaves. GSW were both smart and got lucky with the timing of their contracts, didn't overspend and their superstars were way underpaid. Also had a few players on their roster in Bogut and Lee and Iggy who were maneuvered nicely.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/30/2018  5:10 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The NBA has never seen anything like this and may never again. Not since George Mikan has anything so dominant took over the league and the only way to stop it is to literally change the rules.

The Warriors can only beat themselves. (Or the refs and Nike) Steph Curry's range is half court. Even when covered. He gets mauled more than any long range gunner I've ever seen and he's bombing at a video game rate. Green and Durant can both defend the rim, space the floor and defend out in space. Thompson is criminally underrated defensively.

If you stacked them against any historic NBA team, they'd crush them. If you put them up against the first Olympic team, I think it would be a push.

Think about what it take to beat the Warriors when they are actually trying ( sometimes they coast)

You need to have the refs totally **** them, you need to be 5 deep on above average defensive wings, you need to shoot at a historic rate, you'd need 2 of their core guys to have outlier ****ty nights on the floor.

Stop with the bull**** "Nike running the league, determining who wins the championship conspiracy theory"

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/30/2018  5:20 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Perhaps you can fill us in on the technology Nike has developed that gave Chris Paul a hamstring injury in game 5 last May.

That's that next-level **** right there.

Nalod
USA
10/31/2018  7:55 AM
its weird that some teams the coach is credited highly. Not with GSW. Granted they were a 55 win team before Kerr came and on the rise.
Mark Jax still has not gotten another gig. Speaks more to the talent of the team vs. the coach?
Right coach with right players is magical!!
Phil's first choice was Kerr and he verbally committed. I commend Phil for allowing Kerr to go to GSW and achieve greatness. Steve Kerr has five rings as a player and three as a coach. Always a role player on those teams and "role coach" on the juggernaut that is the Warriors? LOL.
This man is going into the HOF for his accomplishments.
My take is Kerr spinal problems would have sidelined him. The pain of being a knick coach and his health would have likely had him resign.
OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy