[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/26/2018  4:13 AM
The Houston Rockets are making a renewed bid to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler, including four future first-round draft picks in their most recent offer, league sources told ESPN.

The Timberwolves have continued to solicit offers on Butler since the start of the regular season, the sources said.

Houston's push represents a desire to sacrifice some long-term roster flexibility and go all-in with a legitimate third star to partner with All-NBA guards James Harden and Chris Paul in pursuit of a championship.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25083858/houston-rockets-offer-wolves-four-first-round-draft-picks-jimmy-butler

Some teams never learn- can't believe any GM would consider this after watching what happened to the Nets after the KG and Pierce deal.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/26/2018  9:59 AM
smackeddog wrote:
The Houston Rockets are making a renewed bid to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler, including four future first-round draft picks in their most recent offer, league sources told ESPN.

The Timberwolves have continued to solicit offers on Butler since the start of the regular season, the sources said.

Houston's push represents a desire to sacrifice some long-term roster flexibility and go all-in with a legitimate third star to partner with All-NBA guards James Harden and Chris Paul in pursuit of a championship.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25083858/houston-rockets-offer-wolves-four-first-round-draft-picks-jimmy-butler

Some teams never learn- can't believe any GM would consider this after watching what happened to the Nets after the KG and Pierce deal.

The Nets deal was much worse. The swap-rather-than-give aspect got around the trade rule. Bad loophole the league may have to close in the next CBA.

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/26/2018  11:00 AM
espn story might not be true. Might be some gamesmanship where Houston was trying to feel out Twolves about what it would take

Perhaps to create some turmoil between Thibs and the owner. Owner wants something for Butler knowing he'll walk away (and they gave a lot to get him)

the irony is both Houston and T-Wolves staking so much on a win-now (at the cost of the future) mentality.

(5)(5)
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/27/2018  9:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2018  8:41 AM
Lance Stephenson is balling right now....He is a tremendous play-maker, whether scoring, getting into the paint or perhaps his best trait, passing. He is a streaky shooter but his Jay is money right now....Had a really good game against Denver on Thursday and is off to a quick start tonite against the Spurs...Always wanted the Knicks to take a look at him....Laker are improving each game....curious to see how they stack up by the allstar break. I think they have the potential to finish in the top 4 out west depending on how quick the youth on that team matures.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/28/2018  11:18 AM
Uptown wrote:Lance Stephenson is balling right now....He is a tremendous play-maker, whether scoring, getting into the paint or perhaps his best trait, passing. He is a streaky shooter but his Jay is money right now....Had a really good game against Denver on Thursday and is off to a quick start tonite against the Spurs...Always wanted the Knicks to take a look at him....Laker are improving each game....curious to see how they stack up by the allstar break. I think they have the potential to finish in the top 4 out west depending on how quick the youth on that team matures.

Maybe not as versatile, but Vonleh's game reminds me of Stephenson's.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/28/2018  11:21 AM

No ones job is safe regardless of anything when your losing, I knew this guy was trash and the only one he connected to was LBJ. Even he stop believing in him and bounced.

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/28/2018  11:24 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

No ones job is safe regardless of anything when your losing, I knew this guy was trash and the only one he connected to was LBJ. Even he stop believing in him and bounced.

Wow.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/28/2018  11:27 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Is there any confusion over James' dominance at this point?

He takes cellar-dwelling lottery teams and single-handedly turns them into Finals teams.

Crazy.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/28/2018  11:36 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wow.

Dude won a chip, and has been to the finals every season he has been coach...he deserved better. Then again, not sure what's going on behind the scenes. With Lebron gone, maybe they wanted to remove all of his connections to the franchise and start fresh. If that was the case though, why not remove Lue before the season?

knicks1248
10/28/2018  11:49 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Is there any confusion over James' dominance at this point?

He takes cellar-dwelling lottery teams and single-handedly turns them into Finals teams.

Crazy.

your only a good coach when you can take sub average team and turn them into more. You have to able to elevate the skills of the players you have, and do some winning in the process, or else your pretty much toast.

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/28/2018  12:58 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wow.

Dude won a chip, and has been to the finals every season he has been coach...he deserved better. Then again, not sure what's going on behind the scenes. With Lebron gone, maybe they wanted to remove all of his connections to the franchise and start fresh. If that was the case though, why not remove Lue before the season?

Yeah, you make decisions like this before or after the season, like we did with Jeff. What quality coach is going to want to take over now, if ever? I'm just glad it's not us. Imagine that! The season has started and we're not one of the top 5 dysfunctional teams in the league.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/28/2018  1:11 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Cost control rookie rate went up across the board 45 percent. Not all at once, but smoothing over a period of years. While a rookie contract is still a relative bargain/value, this has tax implications for teams way over the tax (like Houston) A very late 1st means at least 2 years of guaranteed money. The team can fit them under the cap by the Rookie Exception, however the tax implication only factors in raw salary. Houston, over the long haul, would be paying a decent chunk across the tax line for guys who wouldn't sniff their rotation. I'm sure someone will point out a late gem like a Jimmy Butler/Rondo, but that's the exception and not the rule. This would also burn out roster spots when honestly they'd be better off with ring chasing veterans ( at least the ones that the GSW don't want) A ring chasing veteran is more disposable and on a vet minimum deal only offers a smaller tax hit, but zero cash hit ( the league pays the vets minimum salaries to encourage teams to pick up older veterans to gain service time and keep them in the league)

If you can trade four late first round picks for Jimmy Butler, you do it. (But you'd need to salary match, so odds are Eric Gordon would have to go ...)

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/28/2018  2:38 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wow.

Yes but how much or what did he contribute to those results? Agree he should have been cut before the season.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/28/2018  3:19 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wow.

Yes but how much or what did he contribute to those results? Agree he should have been cut before the season.

David Griffen raves about Lue on nba radio. I think he had to manage a lot of egos. Imagine winning with JR and Shump.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/28/2018  3:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2018  3:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wow.

David Griffen raves about Lue on nba radio. I think he had to manage a lot of egos. Imagine winning with JR and Shump.

I haven't followed his work closely but I think the Cavaliers were basically run by LeBron and Lue was a token placeholder. That's just the feeling I always had about that team. LeBron kept them in line and got them paid. They came through for him in the clutch.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/28/2018  8:16 PM
As terrible as that Boston deal was I give can edit to the nets for getting russel and levert. Both are real good building blocks
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/29/2018  7:10 AM
LIke Blatt before him, Lue’s job description changed. He now had to deal with a different team and objective.
Their all star forward (Love) has been hurt too.
Lue did a great job for them.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/29/2018  9:41 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

agree. the bouncing part though...that was pre-meditated...don't forget the LA school visits

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
10/29/2018  11:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2018  11:16 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

agree. the bouncing part though...that was pre-meditated...don't forget the LA school visits

Could be, I don't remember what exactly it was but the signs were there last season.

You know what it is to, some head coaches are better suited for assistants. Even with a guy like FIZ, I like him a lot, but I feel he is better suited for a player development role. I could be wrong, and it's early, but his connection with players and building them up seems like a perfect role for an assistant. I really don't think he's a good game manager, as far as pushing the right buttons to actually win the game.

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/29/2018  11:30 AM
Just insane

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy