OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/7/2019  2:06 PM
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Hornets miss out, could increase chances of kemba leaving? (Assuming they would have been better with gasol

Think about Toronto. With all of their success: they trade their coach (after he wins coach of the year); trade their best player for Kawhi (coming off an injury an expressed desire for sun, not ice); now trading for an old center -- and who knows perhaps ready to trade Lowry too (if someone willing to take his bad back)

Worse for them is lowry’s Back injury- Hahn said it’s basically shot and he might not make it through the playoffs.

Here’s the trade, not sure who most of the players are so can’t say if it’s good or bad:

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/7/2019  2:23 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Hornets miss out, could increase chances of kemba leaving? (Assuming they would have been better with gasol

Think about Toronto. With all of their success: they trade their coach (after he wins coach of the year); trade their best player for Kawhi (coming off an injury an expressed desire for sun, not ice); now trading for an old center -- and who knows perhaps ready to trade Lowry too (if someone willing to take his bad back)

Worse for them is lowry’s Back injury- Hahn said it’s basically shot and he might not make it through the playoffs.

Here’s the trade, not sure who most of the players are so can’t say if it’s good or bad:

Jonas at least could play in the past. It looked like they moved him to the bench in favor of Ibaka. Not sure why exactly

Toronto will have two very tough minded competitors in Kawhi and Gasol

(5)(5)
smackeddog
2/7/2019  2:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  2:39 PM
I’m finding this hilarious/tragic to watch- he’s been absolutely thrashed by wow today, so it just looks kind of sad watching him sit in his empty office, playing on his phone

Shams has been good up to today though

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/7/2019  2:39 PM
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Jonas at least could play in the past. It looked like they moved him to the bench in favor of Ibaka. Not sure why exactly

Toronto will have two very tough minded competitors in Kawhi and Gasol

I would take Delon Wright

smackeddog
2/7/2019  2:46 PM

Surprised at that haul for the sixers. I hope Fultz is able to turn things around, he needed a fresh start

smackeddog
2/7/2019  2:49 PM
Looks like Frank is safe! Thought the magic might make an offer for him, but now they’ve landed Fultz it’s not going to happen
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/7/2019  2:50 PM
The Clippers have quickly become a summer obstacle.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
2/7/2019  2:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:The Clippers have quickly become a summer obstacle.

Don’t get why the lakers just traded them zubac for essentially trash

BigDaddyG

2/7/2019  3:20 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:The Clippers have quickly become a summer obstacle.

Don’t get why the lakers just traded them zubac for essentially trash

What are the cap implications?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
2/7/2019  3:37 PM

Good riddance! Hopefully the last diva we have for a long long time

BigDaddyG

2/7/2019  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  3:42 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Wes Matthews getting bought out too, per Shams.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/7/2019  3:43 PM
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:This has been the best 1 week run up to the trade deadline in years!

Pelicans have truly counter-screwed the lakers. After leaking all the players the Lakers offered (which basically included the whole team) then refusing to deal, they've destroyed the Lakers team chemistry and left Lebron looking really bad (in addition to alienating all his team mates he's also been campaigning to get rid of the coach). Not sure how he turns this one around, especially with no big FA's lined up to go to the lakers in the offseason. They need to pray the Pelicans are bluffing.

Good point. Pels win either the revenge game, get an even better offer, or get a better offer and still make LBJ look like a back stabber

About time

I approve of this approach or anything else that makes LeBron look bad.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

2/7/2019  3:45 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Wow, Toronto is loading up, may take Kwahi out of the FA market if the gel

meloshouldgo

2/7/2019  3:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:

No worries, we have Dennis Smith I am too good to be benched Jr.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/7/2019  3:54 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

were they really trying to trade a guy they publicly said they would waive.

that's like a cars salesmen telling a potential buyer, the transmission is about to go on this bad boy

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/7/2019  4:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Matthews released as well.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/7/2019  4:06 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Eraser boy/Linshouldcum with the agenda. Pushing the "he ignored plays" like it came from the coaches mouth. It came from a blogger who mentioned a scout he was interviewing that thought this may have happened. But yeah, eraser boy makes it so. Carlisle apologized for not handling the transition of Doncic as main ball handler better. Dumbass also claims Smith Jr. lost his starting job. Yet doesn't realize this never happened (as Smith went out due to injury) nor does Doncic play the point guard position. So how did he lose his job to Doncic. If your gonna post 24/7 and use up moms data, at least post some truth.
This was a case of a franchise changing directions. They touted Smith the previous year as the face of the franchise. They then lucked out and got essentially the number ONE pick who they think is a better player. Smith saw and probably was told he would no longer be the focal point. But people blame him for wanting a better situation? GTFOH. Same people that make all the excuses for KP and how the team did everything for him only to have him want to move on.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/7/2019  4:18 PM
So,... I wonder as part of the draft today if Lebitch n Giannis will agree to draft Wade n Dirk first as a sign of respect from all the all star players
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/7/2019  5:37 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

oh no you didn't

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2019  6:35 PM
LOL love this dude

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy