[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/19/2018  12:19 AM
Uptown wrote:Love how Walton using LeBron as a finisher as opposed to setting the table and finishing himself. This frees LeBron up to run the lanes on the break ala James Worthy. And in the half court set, he is free to offensive rebound, work the baseline, etc...

Doesn't really have a choice, no one around LBJ can really shoot.

Rondo/Ball give you no floor spacing. Kuzma can hit it from deep but he can't defend the rim which complicates things.

Walton isn't doing anything. I think he's a really good coach in any other situation. LBJ neutralizes his coach. He plays the way he wants, he LeGMs the way he wants. Which is why he's lost so many Finals.

AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/19/2018  5:58 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Uptown wrote:Love how Walton using LeBron as a finisher as opposed to setting the table and finishing himself. This frees LeBron up to run the lanes on the break ala James Worthy. And in the half court set, he is free to offensive rebound, work the baseline, etc...

Doesn't really have a choice, no one around LBJ can really shoot.

Rondo/Ball give you no floor spacing. Kuzma can hit it from deep but he can't defend the rim which complicates things.

Walton isn't doing anything. I think he's a really good coach in any other situation. LBJ neutralizes his coach. He plays the way he wants, he LeGMs the way he wants. Which is why he's lost so many Finals.

So, if Lebron wasn't the so called GM as you say,and let the real gm do his job, are you saying they wouldn't have lost to the warriors the other 2 times? Explain! Also, since you claim Lebron is the coach and GM of all of his teams, does he get credit for beating 72 win team in the finals? If so, he should have won Mvp, gm and coach h of the year that year. That was one hell of a run.

Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

10/19/2018  9:32 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:hey look! Maybe this is the year folks will realize Melo isnt an NBA player anymore

On a side note Pho and Ayton look kinda special!

Didn't melo admit to being mentally challenged?

speaking of mental midgets, Shump came off the bench for the Kings last night. Somehow in 19 minutes managed to be -29 in the boxscore in a game where the Kings only lost by 6. How the phuck does that even happen??!?!?

he kept shooting at his own basket

that was very funny

(5)(5)
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/19/2018  12:26 PM
I'd forgotten how much I hated this signature Iso-Melo move (4th video down)

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-highlights-carmelo-anthony-brings-his-mid-range-madness-to-rockets-debut-and-it-doesnt-go-well/

dribble, dribble, pretend your reading the defence, all team mates stand around because they know he ain't passing,, dribble, dribble, throw up a contested mid range shot that misses badly

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/19/2018  12:29 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/19/2018  11:51 PM
The death of defense?

Utah- 81

Golden State- 69

AT HALFTIME

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/19/2018  11:58 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:The death of defense?

Utah- 81

Golden State- 69

AT HALFTIME

Can't look at raw scores. Teams play at a much faster pace. Plus, it's the beginning of the season. Things tighten up as the year goes on

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/20/2018  12:06 AM

Utah- 81

Golden State- 69

AT HALFTIME

Nope. Just early in the season

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/20/2018  1:44 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Utah- 81

Golden State- 69

AT HALFTIME

Can't look at raw scores. Teams play at a much faster pace. Plus, it's the beginning of the season. Things tighten up as the year goes on

Have not liked the gameplay in the games I've looked at so far...reminds me of what the NFL has done to increase scoring, and the lack of skill now being exhibited in the swing for the fences or strikeout trying MLB.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/20/2018  10:35 AM
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/21/2018  10:43 PM
That Lakers Rockets fight was crazy. What was Brandon Ingram thinking. Also Rondo is beyond repair and cp3 needs meds
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/22/2018  10:54 AM
Cartman718 wrote:That Lakers Rockets fight was crazy. What was Brandon Ingram thinking. Also Rondo is beyond repair and cp3 needs meds

Your quite the "Meds" dispenser! LOL
I think Ingram was frustrated that Harden creates the contact as he does and gets the calls. It was stupid to come back in and throw the punch. He only 4 games?
Never been a Rondo fan. Dude is a mess. I thought Paul's response ok and in my mind both get ejected at that point. Rondo threw a hell of a punch and he gets just one more then Paul?
Paul is an *******, Harden destroys opponents and Rondo is somewhere on the spectrum. That's a bad combo. I respect Pauls and Harden's game. They get it done.
Melo is smiling. Lebron is above all of this. I don't find fault on him calming Paul down. If not perhaps it gets worse.
And Stephenson is behaving properly!!!
Cartman718

10/22/2018  11:46 AM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:That Lakers Rockets fight was crazy. What was Brandon Ingram thinking. Also Rondo is beyond repair and cp3 needs meds

I think Ingram was frustrated that Harden creates the contact as he does and gets the calls. It was stupid to come back in and throw the punch. He only 4 games?
Never been a Rondo fan. Dude is a mess. I thought Paul's response ok and in my mind both get ejected at that point. Rondo threw a hell of a punch and he gets just one more then Paul?
Paul is an *******, Harden destroys opponents and Rondo is somewhere on the spectrum. That's a bad combo. I respect Pauls and Harden's game. They get it done.
Melo is smiling. Lebron is above all of this. I don't find fault on him calming Paul down. If not perhaps it gets worse.

biggest surprise of the season that he didn't get involved in that melee. he actually pulled ingram away.
for once, are we not happy that this stupidity is not happening with the knicks

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG

10/23/2018  1:51 PM
Speaking of re-treads, Nik Stauskas is looking good in the few games he's played. Portland resurrected Shabazz Napier's career last year. I wonder if they'll help get another guard overpaid this season.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/23/2018  8:31 PM
Nalod wrote:

That's the only thing really worth noticing. Don't care about Rondo or Paul's suspensions. Have Ingram on a couple of fantasy teams, so that'll hurt.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BigDaddyG

10/23/2018  10:42 PM
Genuinely happy for Detroit fans. Reminds me of the time Melo scored 62 at MSG.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/24/2018  5:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2018  5:05 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Genuinely happy for Detroit fans. Reminds me of the time Melo scored 62 at MSG.

Wow, look how empty the arena is, that's genuinely shocking- didn't realise things were that bad for the pistons

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/24/2018  5:26 AM
look at this kid. he’s got larry bird’s game.
BigDaddyG

10/24/2018  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2018  12:12 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Genuinely happy for Detroit fans. Reminds me of the time Melo scored 62 at MSG.

Wow, look how empty the arena is, that's genuinely shocking- didn't realise things were that bad for the pistons

Yeah, it was speculated that the hoped a star like Blake could help attendance. I'm rooting for the city until the Pistons become good.
Cartman718

10/24/2018  12:38 PM
Marv wrote:look at this kid. he’s got larry bird’s game.

Doncic is the real deal wow

OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy