Member: #508
USA
1/3/2019  2:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2019  2:36 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:What the hell is up in Brooklyn? Reverse Tank? Watch them just miss the playoffs and get the #1 anyway...

so if your not a championship contender you should just tank..wtf kind of thinking is that,

They have a system and a style, and the right kind of role players that fit there system..wtf do we have?

Nets have their own pick for the first time in years. Losing gives them a higher chance of a higher pick, which their franchise badly needs right now (I'll wager they miss out in free agency). If you're not a championship contender and aren't really a playoff contender then yes you need to tank to give yourself the best shot at adding talent to your roster.

This sounds like a typical knick still thinkING the draft is the only way out of misery..

the NETS players are progressing and developing nicely and it shows in the win loss column.

Mills said hE's pretty happy with our development, because our guys are not getting down on themselves after losses...Thats a good sign for him....LMFAO..THEY DONT GIVE A FCK WHETHER THEY LOSE OR NOT..

When has the knicks built a team thru the draft and stayed with it?
and if its been a while, how can you call it "Typical"?
Typical was the 54 win woodson starphuch retirement season you so lovingly like to recall.

It's been awhile. Like 30 years. Howsabout listing the 1st round draft picks since Ewing the knicks were supposed to build a team around?

I think "Typical" is a reference to the prevailing fandom approach to collecting shiny new things via the lottery and then rooting brainlessly for home-cooking as opposed to inheriting or buying other people's stuff.

54 wins and a division title is all we have to show since Ewing/Sprewell. Unless a star with a cool nickname and being in the lottery every year is your preference.
Which leads to even more new shiny things, I get it.

And yes, I'll be the first on the shiny thing brainlessly rooting bandwagon should someone fix the ping pong balls so we get the new Jesus of Mount Zion. The Golden Zoobie?

Wait, did you let Melo in the room? you did. Melo, Amare, Dice, Marbles and even Phil......All the shiny new things anointed into a savior.
Rainman is simple. He wants to win. He prefers we hire winners. Instead we hired people who have yet to win. Life uncertain.
Funny, once upon a time we had a guy named Eddie Donovan who was the GM, and with Holzmans input they drafted a traded to build a winner. They even turned Bill Bradley who was a rookie bust and made him into a HOF. How? Patience.
Eddie took a pay check and went to manage the buffalo Braves and Red eventually retired. Then Both came back and it was awful. The knicks starphuched themselves! No antidotal evidence or lesson other than hiring a winner is not a formula for success. Have to start a culture and it takes time. We tried with Willis Reed but great players don't always make for effective coaches. The one we missed on was Phil Jax. We starphuched and did not build our culture from within. Debussure was a great player and a knick God, but other than lady luck on Ewing what did he really do? Not his fault, but he too was a starphuch. He did not have the experience at that level. WE bought him in after he was brief commish of the floundering ABA who themselves needed a face.
SAS hired Pop who had no real experience other than proved himself in the Larry Brown Tree. Riley In NY was great but we could not keep him, instead JVG and Thibs was in his tree. For that matter Fiz via Riles and Spolestra. So Rainman1248 should be happy. But he is not. The great ones rarely bring the greatness with them, its either cultivated or inherited. Kudo's to Dumars in Detroit but did he inherit it? He could not Sustain it or duplicate it elsewhere. Knicks starphucked with Isiah and it was a bloody disaster!!!
JRod, I don't blame Melo as you know. I blame the circumstance he was put into. Maybe only Lebron could have made that work. Jordan had Pippen. Kobe had Shack and Gasol. Melo has JR Smith and deteriorating Amare. Woodson mirage season was a retirement party.
Patience. Ainge has been in boston a long time now. He as not without his critics for a while.
You can do that in Boston because they have quite the resume. Its why Yankees can rebuild. They were patient.
Knick fans have little faith to back on nor a culture to breed. Because guys like knicks1248 are impatient, short sighted and incoherent about what the knicks are doing it actually gives me some validity we are on the right path. Longing for the starphuch is like starving but wanting candy. empty calories.
Make no bones about it, the knicks are a hot mess right now. We have prospects and a future. Its Fuzzy and no words can bring it to focus. there are prayers too!!

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/4/2019  10:32 PM
Oladioo. Huge three off glass.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
1/6/2019  7:24 PM
Thibs out in Minny.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/6/2019  10:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Thibs out in Minny.

Man, I wanted him to be our coach. It really is a different NBA now.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/7/2019  5:08 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Thibs out in Minny.

Man, I wanted him to be our coach. It really is a different NBA now.

Me too- amazing how quick the NBA changed

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/7/2019  8:33 AM
We will hear that KAT and Wiggins didn’t like hard practices or expending energy on D (my guess at least) and that they were getting in owners ear that he lost the he team
(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/7/2019  2:10 PM
meanwhile down in Philly Butler is not happy with Brown's offense and has leverage because he is a free agent.
We got our own problems for sure but so do many others!!!
KAT and Wiggins is the future core of that team. Thibs does wear down his players. Kat and Wiggins got lableled by Butler but one has to wonder the truth?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/7/2019  2:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2019  3:00 PM
Ron Baker waived again.
Cameron Payne waived.

sigh, why oh why did we not sign justin holiday when we had the chance, he was traded last week for 2 players AND 2 2nd round picks!! like WTF
he's making only 4.5 million this year. He was what we hope Frank could at least become.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

1/7/2019  2:59 PM
Nalod wrote:meanwhile down in Philly Butler is not happy with Brown's offense and has leverage because he is a free agent.
We got our own problems for sure but so do many others!!!
KAT and Wiggins is the future core of that team. Thibs does wear down his players. Kat and Wiggins got lableled by Butler but one has to wonder the truth?

Never looked at Butler as a problem player wow.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/7/2019  3:24 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Ron Baker waived again.
Cameron Payne waived.

sigh, why oh why did we not sign justin holiday when we had the chance, he was traded last week for 2 players AND 2 2nd round picks!! like WTF
he's making only 4.5 million this year. He was what we hope Frank could at least become.

mills and perry

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/7/2019  3:25 PM
Cameron Payne waived.

he's making baker $$

mills and perry at their best

ES
Cartman718

1/7/2019  3:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cameron Payne waived.

mills and perry

This one is on Mills in the midst of all the GM interviewing. Perry was hired a week later after Justin Holiday signed with Bulls. Thanks for playing, please try your hate again.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/8/2019  6:50 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Cameron Payne waived.

mills and perry

This one is on Mills in the midst of all the GM interviewing. Perry was hired a week later after Justin Holiday signed with Bulls. Thanks for playing, please try your hate again.

Eh, I would've preferred Holiday, Simmons, over THJ for salary purposes. That is on Mills. That said, Bulls are pressing hard in the Tankathon. It'll be tough if they trade Lopez and Parker. Lopez is a solid vet who can help get an extra win or two. Parker is the ultimate tank commander. Boylen needs to do a better job of unleashing his chemistry killing potential.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
USA
1/11/2019  11:18 PM
Don’t watch the Jazz much but regretting the Donovan Mitchell draft again tonight.
Cartman718

1/15/2019  3:57 PM
All those DSJr lovers over Frank...look Mavs looking to trade him already. Mavs liked DSJr so much that they traded away their #5 pick from this past draft plus the 2019 first round pick to get Doncic.

Like Lebitch said...Mavs got a real player in DSJr....Knicks dropped the ball.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/16/2019  10:38 AM
Cartman718 wrote:All those DSJr lovers over Frank...look Mavs looking to trade him already. Mavs liked DSJr so much that they traded away their #5 pick from this past draft plus the 2019 first round pick to get Doncic.

So your point is that this years rookie of the year pushed out Smith. And that makes Smith worse than Frank? Ok, So who is pushing Frank out of the Knicks? Or do we have a ROY candidate on the Knicks i have not seen? See the logic.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
KnickDanger

1/16/2019  12:16 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:All those DSJr lovers over Frank...look Mavs looking to trade him already. Mavs liked DSJr so much that they traded away their #5 pick from this past draft plus the 2019 first round pick to get Doncic.

So your point is that this years rookie of the year pushed out Smith. And that makes Smith worse than Frank? Ok, So who is pushing Frank out of the Knicks? Or do we have a ROY candidate on the Knicks i have not seen? See the logic.

Regardless of the ageless "Frank vs DSJ" debate, it seems that the Mavs do not see Smith jr. as complementary with their young star. A shoot first, low percentage, little defense point guard who has trouble staying on the floor -- can't see why.

Oh, and for those who switch their focus from DSJ to Mitchell as to how we (Phil) screwed up the 2017 draft -- how many were calling for Mitchell at the time? Uh huh....

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/16/2019  3:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2019  4:15 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Regardless of the ageless "Frank vs DSJ" debate, it seems that the Mavs do not see Smith jr. as complementary with their young star. A shoot first, low percentage, little defense point guard who has trouble staying on the floor -- can't see why.

Oh, and for those who switch their focus from DSJ to Mitchell as to how we (Phil) screwed up the 2017 draft -- how many were calling for Mitchell at the time? Uh huh....

Actually, many on here, including myself, were calling for Mitchell. He had a very promising workout with the Knicks, at the time, and was said to be one of the front runners. He was also a local boy from Westchester. But maybe you were not posting back then to realize that. And lets not get into what Phil (Not ageless) screwed up. I don't want to post the long spreadsheet again.

Agree that Smith Jr. is not a complementary piece for Doncic, as I mentioned. They would benefit more from a 3pt. shooter that can spread the floor. Don't think that would be Frank. But your making it more like a knock on Smith when its more of what Doncic is and can do. Which as mentioned is at the ROY level. Fact is Doncic plays real well with the ball in his hands. Is now their playmaker. Making Smiths fit a bit more challenging as he is a playmaker. That's it. But ok, lets make it about Smith not being good enough. Once again, don't think you watched many Dallas games. If you did you would see that Smith is not really a "Shoot first" player. Kid had 5.2 assists in first year. Scored 15.2 per and shot 44% from the field as well. Not exactly crapping the bed. Frank first year stats? And are you saying that most teams today would prefer Frank over Smith?

Bottom line is that the possible trade is about how the Mavs have found a special player and need to find complimentary pieces. That we agree on. Don't agree that its about Smith lack of ability or potential. Btw, this is just still a rumor. I don't think it makes sense for Dallas to trade for Frank as he is not a complimentary piece for Doncic. Timmy makes sense but Frank not so much. Unless they see him as a wing defender off the bench to go with lil JJ.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
KnickDanger

1/16/2019  10:17 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Actually, many on here, including myself, were calling for Mitchell. He had a very promising workout with the Knicks, at the time, and was said to be one of the front runners. He was also a local boy from Westchester. But maybe you were not posting back then to realize that. And lets not get into what Phil (Not ageless) screwed up. I don't want to post the long spreadsheet again.

Agree that Smith Jr. is not a complementary piece for Doncic, as I mentioned. They would benefit more from a 3pt. shooter that can spread the floor. Don't think that would be Frank. But your making it more like a knock on Smith when its more of what Doncic is and can do. Which as mentioned is at the ROY level. Fact is Doncic plays real well with the ball in his hands. Is now their playmaker. Making Smiths fit a bit more challenging as he is a playmaker. That's it. But ok, lets make it about Smith not being good enough. Once again, don't think you watched many Dallas games. If you did you would see that Smith is not really a "Shoot first" player. Kid had 5.2 assists in first year. Scored 15.2 per and shot 44% from the field as well. Not exactly crapping the bed. Frank first year stats? And are you saying that most teams today would prefer Frank over Smith?

Bottom line is that the possible trade is about how the Mavs have found a special player and need to find complimentary pieces. That we agree on. Don't agree that its about Smith lack of ability or potential. Btw, this is just still a rumor. I don't think it makes sense for Dallas to trade for Frank as he is not a complimentary piece for Doncic. Timmy makes sense but Frank not so much. Unless they see him as a wing defender off the bench to go with lil JJ.

You are correct -- I was not on this board in 2017. But I did post elsewhere and listened to a lot of sports talk. I personally was aware of Mitchell and his rising stock as were others. But the majority of discussion was Frank, DSJ, or Monk. And the hellfire that followed (see Stephen A) was over not picking Smith jr. not about Mitchell. A ruckus that has subsided as DSJ star has faded. It is my opinion that the majority of Mitchell whining is largely revisionist. But I accept you were championing him -- good job by you then.

More to the point -- "Frank vs DSJ" -- I suppose I do think Frank would have a higher value to more GMs yes. But that is just an opinion. And I guess I am knocking DSJ for the reasons I perceive this -- mediocre production for the amount he touches the ball and mediocre defense. I am not praising Frank here though -- he has been disappointing. But I think there is a decent possibility that he hasn't reached near his ceiling (as they say) while DSJ probably is very close to having reached his. Again all opinion. And it is also my guess the majority FOs of the NBA perceive this -- if they care. We'll see.

Cartman718

1/16/2019  10:57 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Put it this way...if Frank was on the Mavs, he'd probably not get pushed out by Doncic and probably would still find a role on the team. See the logic?
OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy