11/17/2018  9:51 PM
Kamba Walker with 60 and counting
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/17/2018  9:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/17/2018  9:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Dumb

Thats crazy...The Kings are off to one of their best starts in years....Over the years, the Kings front office has made our former front office look functional

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/18/2018  8:52 PM
Lebron dropped 51 in his return to Miami
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/19/2018  2:30 PM
Joakim Noah may still have some NBA basketball left in him.

The Memphis Grizzlies are in "extensive discussions" to sign the veteran center, sources told the New York Times' Marc Stein.

Noah was waived by the New York Knicks in October after appearing in only seven games last season, though his $19-million salary will remain on the Knicks' books for the rest of this season.

The two-time Defensive Player of the Year turns 34 in February and hasn't suited up in more than 50 games since 2014-15.

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/19/2018  2:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

The Memphis Grizzlies are in "extensive discussions" to sign the veteran center, sources told the New York Times' Marc Stein.

Noah was waived by the New York Knicks in October after appearing in only seven games last season, though his $19-million salary will remain on the Knicks' books for the rest of this season.

The two-time Defensive Player of the Year turns 34 in February and hasn't suited up in more than 50 games since 2014-15.

Better them than us.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/19/2018  3:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Better them than us.

If he goes there and looks close to the old Noah we expected, how would you feel then?

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/19/2018  3:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/19/2018  3:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Better them than us.

If he goes there and looks close to the old Noah we expected, how would you feel then?

I'd be happy for the Griz fanbase and even happier that Noah is no longer here. But what's the likelihood Noah bounces back? Plus, you know Noah wouldn't get much burn with us anyway if Kanter is coming off the bench.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/19/2018  7:00 PM
NBA, shmenBA. The real story in basketball is DUKE.
Barrett, Zion and Reddish. They are light years ahead of anybody else
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/19/2018  8:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Better them than us.

I'd feel like he had no character, took a ton of money and didn't behave like a professional when he was a Knick. I don't think he has much left but maybe getting benched in Chicago and the way things ended in NY has humbled him and he can accept a role that his body will hold up for.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Juliano
Member: #7589

11/20/2018  2:16 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Like it's been a sorry waste of time for all parties involved.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/20/2018  8:56 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Better them than us.

I'd feel like he had no character, took a ton of money and didn't behave like a professional when he was a Knick. I don't think he has much left but maybe getting benched in Chicago and the way things ended in NY has humbled him and he can accept a role that his body will hold up for.

agree with all of this. Clippers are using Briggs-fave Boban in ways that Detroit never did. Essentially having him play about 10 minutes and they post him up. He's been very efficient at changing a game dynamic in these brief spurts. I could imaging Memphis doing something analogous with Noah. Have him go in for short spells when the defense is starting to get sloppy, and then applaud his efforts in this role if effective.

Over here we expected so much more because of the contract and turned into a dumpster fire

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/20/2018  11:24 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Better them than us.

Good question. Then I ask myself how Rainman1248 would feel then know what the wrong approach would be.

Reality is Memphis is a better team so his performance is not a direct correlation to what he would have done here. They are a veteran team with established hierarchy. Here Noah would have been third string. I like this guy and hope he is successful if he lands there.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/20/2018  7:21 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
reub
Member: #6227

11/23/2018  11:24 AM
Hey, I found BRIGGS. He's posting over here:

https://forums.nykfp.com/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=ffd19e87b8806f9edef5196def6de187

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/23/2018  1:46 PM
reub wrote:Hey, I found BRIGGS. He's posting over here:

I don’t get the obsession with Briggs, who gives a s*** where he’s posting.

reub
Member: #6227

11/23/2018  2:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:

He's a good guy who added a tremendous amount to this site.
I heard he once treated 30 members of this forum to a Knicks game all on his dime.
Have you ever done that?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/23/2018  3:08 PM
reub wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

He's a good guy who added a tremendous amount to this site.
I heard he once treated 30 members of this forum to a Knicks game all on his dime.
Have you ever done that?

Briggs changed. It happens. Getting banned means you are not adhering to the rules or decorum. Warnings and explanations are given in private and thus its up to the poster to decide if they are willing to stay. Thus "banning" is a mutual parting of the ways in my opinion. Early in my participation Martin told me to knock off a certain level of discussion by me. When I repeated it I was asked again to and if I was not willing to adhere then I would be "banned". Thus it was my choice.
I assume Martin handled Briggs with the same choices. I believe Martin grants license for Playa and Briggs to participate in the game picker thing.
As for or any of our contributions its subjective. Im sure Martin given Briggs tenure was as lenient as he could regarding the situation.
Taking one, 12, or 30 (not sure what the urban legend head count is swelling to now) to a game is not a license to exceed the rules.
No doubt it was a nice thing to do.
Glad he landed somewhere and your enjoying his contributions.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/23/2018  7:03 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Nalod wrote:It happens. Getting banned means you are not adhering to the rules or decorum.

Fuck that noise.

Nearly all large scale discussion forums on the Net, unless it's about politics specifically, bar political discussion from their main areas.

You don't want to hear Briggs' views on politics? Whatever they may end up being or whether you agree or not? Then don't give them a pathway to get in the main discussion area.

When you open up that can of worms, opening up political discussion in a general area not designed for political discussion, then you are saying you want a polarizing type interaction likely to piss people off. Saying this kind of talk is cool but that kind of talk is not cool, makes no sense once you open up said can of worms.

I think Briggs is one of the dumbest people alive when it comes to understanding how basketball actually works. But what did anyone think was going to happen. Many people, mostly silently, said the same **** when Congress decided to let Reggie White address them. Saying some of the most off the wall **** anyone has heard. What did they think they were going to get? What qualified Reggie White to address Congress? I loved Reggie, but even I knew that **** would go sideways. But THEY ASKED FOR IT. They GAVE HIM A PATHWAY TO SAY STUPID SHIT.

And before someone turns mealy mouth on this, things like how a cities finances work in terms of building a new arena or when a player gets caught in the legal system, these things extend within the sports culture and how a team functions or not. But we aren't talking about that are we?

If you want to call Briggs an *******, fine. He probably is an *******. Then again, I am a gigantic ****ing ******* too. But if you want to blame him for having a pathway to say his ****, then you are gonna run into some problems. There's an off topic section for a reason. And Yes, if this Andrew guy came to me and said, hey dude, chill on the NBA players are like women who are ****ed up examples, I'd be sure, that's cool, done. I would just use examples about midgets instead.

This place is better without Briggs' political discussion here, but it's not a better place without him here period. He loved this team to the bone. That's all anyone needs here to have in common. Or should.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here. And Happy Turkey Day to you too Briggs. And Briggs, if you are really a midget, the irony would be sort of delicious.

happy thanksgving tt. and check this briggs is like 6’4” 260.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/23/2018  7:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/24/2018  10:32 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Nalod wrote:It happens. Getting banned means you are not adhering to the rules or decorum.

Fuck that noise.

Nearly all large scale discussion forums on the Net, unless it's about politics specifically, bar political discussion from their main areas.

You don't want to hear Briggs' views on politics? Whatever they may end up being or whether you agree or not? Then don't give them a pathway to get in the main discussion area.

When you open up that can of worms, opening up political discussion in a general area not designed for political discussion, then you are saying you want a polarizing type interaction likely to piss people off. Saying this kind of talk is cool but that kind of talk is not cool, makes no sense once you open up said can of worms.

I think Briggs is one of the dumbest people alive when it comes to understanding how basketball actually works. But what did anyone think was going to happen. Many people, mostly silently, said the same **** when Congress decided to let Reggie White address them. Saying some of the most off the wall **** anyone has heard. What did they think they were going to get? What qualified Reggie White to address Congress? I loved Reggie, but even I knew that **** would go sideways. But THEY ASKED FOR IT. They GAVE HIM A PATHWAY TO SAY STUPID SHIT.

And before someone turns mealy mouth on this, things like how a cities finances work in terms of building a new arena or when a player gets caught in the legal system, these things extend within the sports culture and how a team functions or not. But we aren't talking about that are we?

If you want to call Briggs an *******, fine. He probably is an *******. Then again, I am a gigantic ****ing ******* too. But if you want to blame him for having a pathway to say his ****, then you are gonna run into some problems. There's an off topic section for a reason. And Yes, if this Andrew guy came to me and said, hey dude, chill on the NBA players are like women who are ****ed up examples, I'd be sure, that's cool, done. I would just use examples about midgets instead.

This place is better without Briggs' political discussion here, but it's not a better place without him here period. He loved this team to the bone. That's all anyone needs here to have in common. Or should.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here. And Happy Turkey Day to you too Briggs. And Briggs, if you are really a midget, the irony would be sort of delicious.

Maybe you are creating the noise, without really knowing what went down and details of what was exchanged between him and the mods. You are projecting and that makes it noise. It's their forum to run.

Just to be clear, I miss Briggs posting here

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/23/2018  10:03 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

Fuck that noise.

Fuck that. Acting like an adult no matter the situation and especially after many multiple direct asks is a bare minimum. Anything otherwise and you are wasting our collective time and especially mine.

Mental midget in this circumstance without a modecum of awareness, nothing more

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy