[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

11/8/2018  12:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2018  1:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I don't hate frank, I hate that he can't shoot, dribble, or get to the FT line, in other words I hate passive players when we are in need of aggressive players

Do you hate passive players just on the offensive end?

Knicks got a lot of passive players on the defensive end.

You hate them too?

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/8/2018  3:59 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I don't hate frank, I hate that he can't shoot, dribble, or get to the FT line, in other words I hate passive players when we are in need of aggressive players

You hate them too?

knickd1248 likes the show not the basketball.
Frank is no-showmen. He is all business... and this is boring.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/8/2018  7:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:Ugh

yuck

It just never made sense to me to through a bunch of young kids on the court a let them learn the hard way

Report suggests Cavs' veterans unimpressed with Sexton
Field Level MediaReuters
Posted at Nov 05 2018 10:05 AM

It apparently has taken some Cleveland Cavaliers veteran players nine games to decide that first-round draft pick Collin Sexton doesn't "know how to play."

A report in The Athletic zeroes in on Sexton, the eighth pick overall in the NBA draft in June, who apparently was viewed as a player to build around in the wake of the end of the LeBron James era.

The 19-year-old Sexton, who spent one season at Alabama, is averaging 23.7 minutes per game, with 11.1 points, 2.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists on 41.3 percent shooting.

The Cavaliers have begun the season 1-8, which cost coach Tyronn Lue his job, and their best player, power forward Kevin Love is out for up to six weeks with a foot injury.

Joe Vardon of The Athletic writes:

"It's becoming increasingly clear that when you hear a Cavs veteran talk about younger players not knowing their role, or knowing how to win, or what to do on the court, they mean Sexton," according to the article.

"Throughout the organization, the line on Sexton is that he does not 'know how to play.' He doesn't know how to defend the pick and roll. He doesn't know how to set up teammates as a point guard. ... and they're discouraged when, after these losses, he doesn't seem bothered by them."

For the 8th pick in the draft the _________ select

2018-sexton
2017-frank
2016-marquese
2015-stanley
2014-stauskas
2013-caldwell pope
2012-terrence ross
2011-Farouq Aminu
2010-brandon knight

Something about that 8th pick that never produces a star or even close to it, I wanted to trade that pick so bad, move up, down, just not the 8th pick

This was about Jabari Parker but you had to make it about Frank using Sexton as an excuse. 😀
Your way of looking at basketball is history, consider coming over to the other side. And drop your hate fir Frank, he'll be around for a long time.

I don't hate frank, I hate that he can't shoot, dribble, or get to the FT line, in other words I hate passive players when we are in need of aggressive players

You have your reason you Hate Melo and THJ, who have done 10x more than frank

And I have responded to this multiple times and I'll respond again - We had an aggressive PG in Rose(65 games) along with Melo(74) and KP(66) and we managed to win 31 games. So what is your point? Or did you even have a point to start with? Maybe just take a step and analyze why your style of preferred basketball always comes up short? Why do you think the Knicks were so bad for so long while always having "all stars" on the roster? at what point do you think it's time for a just a little bit of introspection about your own views of what works in face of overwhelming evidence that it doesn't?

And yes I hated Melo, still do - never started posts saying "I don't hate Melo" - what lame idea! So not sure why that was thrown in there?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/9/2018  10:47 AM
Hats off to Budenholzer and the Bucks. Man, essentially the same line up (minus Jabari) but they look crazy tough now.
DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
Kemet
Member: #6148

11/9/2018  3:11 PM
Bucks DESTROYS Warriors 134 111 .. I wanted to see a Giannis vs Green bout but Green was DNP to injury. The Warriors without Green had no defense in the paint to stop the Bucks from scoring 80 pts inside the paint last night.
The Bucks had 33 Dimes shooting 51% fga, and GS had 31 Dimes .. Both teams same-page offensive chemistry was working.
And
OKC PG Schroder win-win perfomance over the Houston Rockets 98-80 prove he's the Top Backup PG in the NBA, says Kenny Smith. Ex-Knick Carmelo Anthony shot 1-11 for 2 pts tonight .. the Rockets rotation really misses Trevor Ariza.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/9/2018  10:41 PM
Can't believe we lost to the Bulls and WIZ, we're better than that
ES
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/10/2018  12:05 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Can't believe we lost to the Bulls and WIZ, we're better than that

Why would you think that?

This is half a 29-win team missing its best player and best vet getting major minutes a 2nd rounder who hasn't played basketball for a year, a 2nd rounder who didn't get much PT this rookie year, a non-drafted guy, and two cast-offs.

Where does one find even moderate expectations in that?

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/10/2018  10:54 AM
arkrud wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

You hate them too?

knickd1248 likes the show not the basketball.
Frank is no-showmen. He is all business... and this is boring.

He is a true blue Knicks fan, just has strange opinion of what the team should do, given how often it hasn't worked.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
EthanHarris
Member: #8682

11/12/2018  1:39 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Can't believe we lost to the Bulls and WIZ, we're better than that

I also can't believe it.

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/12/2018  5:59 AM
Knickoftime wrote:

This is half a 29-win team missing its best player and best vet getting major minutes a 2nd rounder who hasn't played basketball for a year, a 2nd rounder who didn't get much PT this rookie year, a non-drafted guy, and two cast-offs.

Yeah, I don't get why people thought we were going to be even middling--the sense of entitlement is bizarre among some fans. We should be great! Why? Because we should be! Hopefully ends with a high pick

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/12/2018  11:07 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yeah, I don't get why people thought we were going to be even middling--the sense of entitlement is bizarre among some fans. We should be great! Why? Because we should be! Hopefully ends with a high pick

Some fans expect front office to magically add some great players without having any assets and cap space.
They expect all players who were bad to awful suddenly turn it around and bench players became starters.
They expect players who never play defense suddenly became good at it, stupid became smart, passive became active, bad shooters became snipers, and black holes became willing passes.
Curb your expectations!!! Expectations produce misery.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/12/2018  10:10 PM
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/12/2018  10:11 PM
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/13/2018  11:50 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

A high pick....smh....some other 18 yr old that need 5 yrs to develop, you think that's what KP and his camp wants to hear, you think that what KD wants to hear, or Kawhi, or Irving..

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
11/13/2018  12:49 PM
Man, it's in his head. Gotta be, right?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/13/2018  12:51 PM
martin wrote:Man, it's in his head. Gotta be, right?

is he practicing a pump fake to get a lane violation? OMG that is some weird stuff.

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
11/13/2018  1:09 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:Man, it's in his head. Gotta be, right?

is he practicing a pump fake to get a lane violation? OMG that is some weird stuff.

yeah. read some place else that Fultz and his shooting coach aren't even on speaking teams right now lol

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/13/2018  1:28 PM
Josh Jackson was my #1 guy in 2017 draft and damn he is barely getting off the bench in PHX.

Doesn't appear to be able to shoot from anywhere and his position could be in ? --- still intrigued by him but new PHX coach does not appear impressed.

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/13/2018  2:42 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Josh Jackson was my #1 guy in 2017 draft and damn he is barely getting off the bench in PHX.

Doesn't appear to be able to shoot from anywhere and his position could be in ? --- still intrigued by him but new PHX coach does not appear impressed.

I thought he was going to be great, I was desperately hoping we could somehow draft him. Suns are really bad at developing players, maybe that’s played a part

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/13/2018  6:28 PM
smackeddog wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Josh Jackson was my #1 guy in 2017 draft and damn he is barely getting off the bench in PHX.

I thought he was going to be great, I was desperately hoping we could somehow draft him. Suns are really bad at developing players, maybe that’s played a part

Yeah - I don’t know because at same time Suns have had gu6s like Booker, Ayton even TJ Warren look fine....Jackson’s shot and b-ball IQ May be issue. Would still like to give him a shot.

OT-NBA Season Thread-Around the NBA HORN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.