Member: #6227

10/16/2018  10:02 PM
So it's:

Kanter
Lance
Frank
THJr
Burke

Interesting. We're lacking in rim protection and rebounding. I'm betting that Knox will be in the game by the 7 minute mark and play close to 30 minutes. Once Knox is ready to replace Lance we'll be a much better team.

Bench:

Mitch/Vonleh
Knox
Mario
Baker/Trier
Lee/Dotson

I might like our bench better.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/16/2018  10:22 PM
reub wrote:So it's:

Kanter
Lance
Frank
THJr
Burke

Interesting. We're lacking in rim protection and rebounding. I'm betting that Knox will be in the game by the 7 minute mark and play close to 30 minutes. Once Knox is ready to replace Lance we'll be a much better team.

Bench:

Mitch/Vonleh
Knox
Mario
Baker/Trier
Lee/Dotson

Disagree about Kanter/Thomas. Both are very good low post defenders. Kanter has historically had issues as the ball moves further out. Fizdale said that Kanter's D was looking good, early on. quite complimentary.

Both can rebound. Kanter is an elite rebounder.

Believe we're going to have more issues with the backcourt, than the frontcourt this season. Growing pains, among other reasons.

Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

10/16/2018  10:48 PM
TheGame wrote:Frank is a bit undersized for SF, but with his long arms and defensive mentality, he should be okay. The only reason I like this move is that Frank needs 30 minutes a game. If starting him at SF is the way to get him those minutes, so be it. Knox has looked off. Making him come off the bench probably is the right move. Now the kid does not have to feel the pressure of starting, and he can just focus on getting his game right.

Frank will score 14 pts, 4 assists, 5 rbs, 1.5 steals, 1 blk per game on 45% shooting and 40% 3s, and 75% free throws. I said it first. Watch it happen.

I will punch myself in the nut sack if this happens this year

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/16/2018  11:02 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
TheGame wrote:Frank is a bit undersized for SF, but with his long arms and defensive mentality, he should be okay. The only reason I like this move is that Frank needs 30 minutes a game. If starting him at SF is the way to get him those minutes, so be it. Knox has looked off. Making him come off the bench probably is the right move. Now the kid does not have to feel the pressure of starting, and he can just focus on getting his game right.

Frank will score 14 pts, 4 assists, 5 rbs, 1.5 steals, 1 blk per game on 45% shooting and 40% 3s, and 75% free throws. I said it first. Watch it happen.

Frank's high in points for the first 80 games of the season last year was 15. He hit that once.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
Member: #748
10/17/2018  1:11 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Frank's high in points for the first 80 games of the season last year was 15. He hit that once.

I can see him doing that his first game.....But his averages might be well below that.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

10/17/2018  2:17 AM
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
arkrud wrote:
arkrud wrote:
reub wrote:Preseason is over and here is my starting lineup:

Kanter
Knox
Lance
THJr
Frank

That's the best that we have. THJr's offense can help overcome Frank's shortcomings there and Frank can help him on the other end.

Kanter's rebounding and offense will help offset Lance's lack of scoring plus Knox's unpredictability.

When KP comes back he obviously take's Lance's slot.

That's about the best that we can put out there.

25 wins.

Fiz may try this...
But I will not be surprised if Baker will start at the point.
I think the best lineups we have are 3-guard lineups:
Kanter/Rob
Lanse/Noah V
Frank/Knox
THJr/TRier
Burke/Baker

Here we go... Fiz has the same opinion as me...
It was obvious so I do not need any credit.
But obvious things are not what most of the people see...

I don't see Fiz starting Frank at SF. He may get spot minutes in three guard lineups. Remember when he said he wanted to end the THJ/ Lee experiment? I think he definitely wants more size to start at the Forward slot.

Technically, Frank provides more size than either THj or Lee at the 3 position. At the same time, Fiz now has Frank to use during those picks or switches.

Now Knox can come in the game and focus on scoring and being aggressive, without over thinking the game.

Knox can now come into the game, and not be looked off by THJ or Burke. These two would make an ideal second unit.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Sangfroid

10/17/2018  2:22 AM

My change to the lineup would be to start Mario at the SF and Frank at PG. This gives us premium defense in the backcourt and size and three point shooting from the SF position. Mario covets the point forward position. It wasn't explored during the pre-season. Now would be a good time to unleash it.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/17/2018  9:13 AM
Frank shuold start.

Knox to the bench is a good plan to start. Let him earn it. THis line up is defensive and also has 3 ball handlers. Frank is going to need to knock down the open 3's and be aggressive when the shots are there. On most nights, Frank shuold guard the PG's however and leave the 3 to Hardaway. Either way, Burke is the weakest link of the 3 due to his size.

They will all play and gain experience! Thats what they need the most

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/17/2018  9:24 AM
Sangfroid wrote:

My change to the lineup would be to start Mario at the SF and Frank at PG. This gives us premium defense in the backcourt and size and three point shooting from the SF position. Mario covets the point forward position. It wasn't explored during the pre-season. Now would be a good time to unleash it.

I think Mario played himself out of the starting lineup. He just looked bad during the preseason. Hopefully he pulls it together. I agree that Frank should be starting at the point. He was the best performing PG during the preseason. I think Fizdale has been true to his word and started the five guys that performed best in the preseason. Frank outplayed Know and Mario.

Trust the Process
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/17/2018  10:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2018  10:33 AM
TheGame wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

I think Mario played himself out of the starting lineup. He just looked bad during the preseason. Hopefully he pulls it together. I agree that Frank should be starting at the point. He was the best performing PG during the preseason. I think Fizdale has been true to his word and started the five guys that performed best in the preseason. Frank outplayed Know and Mario.

Would like to see the following. Although I think Lee is a goner which will open up minutes for Baker and Dotson. Hoping Mario plays himself into the starting line up. Think Fiz prefers Mudiay as the starter even though Frank earned the spot.

Frank-Burke/Mudiay
Lee-Trier-Dotson
THJ-Mario
Knox-Lance
Kanter-Vonley/Robinson

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/new-york-knicks-market-report-for-2018-19-nba-season-1.22046259

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Sangfroid

10/17/2018  10:38 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
TheGame wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

Would like to see

Frank-Burke/Mudiay
Lee-Trier-Dotson
THJ-Mario
Knox-Lance
Kanter-Vonley/Robinson

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/new-york-knicks-market-report-for-2018-19-nba-season-1.22046259

Good pairings, but I think Mudiay is playing himself out of the League. 15% shooting will do that to you. He needs to be hell bent to the rim, nothing fancy, maybe try to dunk it. Take the foul, or take the assist. And since we're experimenting, how about Dotson in the SF spot, Lee and THJ at the SG spot with Trier doing a little G League to start the season.

HofstraBBall

10/17/2018  11:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2018  11:15 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
TheGame wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

Would like to see

Frank-Burke/Mudiay
Lee-Trier-Dotson
THJ-Mario
Knox-Lance
Kanter-Vonley/Robinson

Good pairings, but I think Mudiay is playing himself out of the League. 15% shooting will do that to you. He needs to be hell bent to the rim, nothing fancy, maybe try to dunk it. Take the foul, or take the assist. And since we're experimenting, how about Dotson in the SF spot, Lee and THJ at the SG spot with Trier doing a little G League to start the season.

Guy definitely has struggled with his shooting but seems to be only PG that has the pace Fiz likes. Specially now with a clear signal he thinks Frank is better suited at the 3. But your right. He is running out of chances. Like Dotson, think he deserves more time at the SG and think he will get his chance as Lee exits and others spend time in D league.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/17/2018  3:41 PM
From Zach Lowe ESPN - The New York Knicks are attempting to trade Courtney Lee.
Lee is owed $12.7 million for the 19-20 season, which the Knicks would like to remove from their books to maximize their cap space.
New York would prefer not to attach a second round pick to Lee in order to unload him.
Lee could provide depth on the wing for a playoff team.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/17/2018  3:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

His high is 17 and hit 15 or close to 15 a few times. That said, I expect another up and down season. From Frank. I predict a scoring avg. closer to 10.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/17/2018  3:57 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

bookmarked with a screenshot.

This is now permanent

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG

10/17/2018  3:58 PM
Sangfroid wrote:

I think we saw some of the problems Mario had in Orlando during preseason. He's a combo forward probably more of 4/3 than a 3/4, just based on his defense. I wouldn't mind him as starter if he was handcuffed to someone like Lance.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/17/2018  4:01 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

His high is 17 and hit 15 or close to 15 a few times. That said, I expect another up and down season. From Frank. I predict a scoring avg. closer to 10.

Thought I was clear that I was referring to the first 80 games of the season. He hit fifteen once in the first 80 games. I believe he hit 13 twice during that span.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/17/2018  4:01 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
reub wrote:So it's:

Kanter
Lance
Frank
THJr
Burke

Bench:

Mitch/Vonleh
Knox
Mario
Baker/Trier
Lee/Dotson

Disagree about Kanter/Thomas. Both are very good low post defenders. Kanter has historically had issues as the ball moves further out. Fizdale said that Kanter's D was looking good, early on. quite complimentary.

Both can rebound. Kanter is an elite rebounder.

Believe we're going to have more issues with the backcourt, than the frontcourt this season. Growing pains, among other reasons.

+1
Enes is a fantastic rebounder. He's a guy you can have on the floor and know you are going to + on the boards. This is why Lance/Frank are so key. Enes CANT help. Ask him to and the other team has already won. Lance and Frank can keep Enes m2m where he's not terrible.

I am really excited about this starting crew, and Frank is NOT averaging 14ppg... prolly closer 10ppg over 30 mins a night, but who knows? I think with Burke/Enes/THjr he will be ball mover and defensive cog.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG

10/17/2018  5:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Thought I was clear that I was referring to the first 80 games of the season. He hit fifteen once in the first 80 games. I believe he hit 13 twice during that span.

My bad. Did you mean 80 games. That's an entire season, not including the playoffs or pre-season?
HofstraBBall

10/17/2018  6:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2018  6:03 PM
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I can see him doing that his first game.....But his averages might be well below that.

You can see him punching himself in the nuts or Frank averaging 14 pts? Lol

Just cant see Frank taking enough shots a game to get him there. But maybe that will change at the 3. One of the things I think Fiz is trying to do, by putting him at the 3, is to get him to worry less about creating for others/setting players up and more about becoming offensive minded.

Starting Rotation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy