[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade Idea - Hardaway to 76ers
Author Thread
ankurk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6075

10/13/2018  12:08 PM
The 76ers struck out on lebron james and resigning reddick was pretty much their big offseason move. They have a core in place and are already a playoff team.

Simmons, Reddick, Covington, Saric, Embiid
Bench: Fultz, Mcconnell, and some aging vets

The 76ers have 3 expiring contracts coming up: Wilson Chandler, Jerryd Bayless, Mike Muscala

Knowing that they are in win-now mode, can any of you see the sixers trading these expiring deals for Timmy + Lee (who wants to be traded to a title contender)

Sixers bench becomes way more potent

With Kanter, Chandler, Bayless, Muscala expiring we would have 47 mil in cap space.
There still is other money to be cleared with: Mudiay (5mil), Burke (1.7), Hezonja (6.5), Baker (4.5), and Kornet

Maybe the sixers demand picks. I still would consider it. Would you? Thoughts

AUTOADVERT
VCoug
Member: #1406

10/13/2018  3:23 PM
If someone wants to trade us expiring contracts for Lee and THJr we should jump at the chance.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/13/2018  3:28 PM
ankurk wrote:The 76ers struck out on lebron james and resigning reddick was pretty much their big offseason move. They have a core in place and are already a playoff team.

The 76ers have 3 expiring contracts coming up: Wilson Chandler, Jerryd Bayless, Mike Muscala

Knowing that they are in win-now mode, can any of you see the sixers trading these expiring deals for Timmy + Lee (who wants to be traded to a title contender)

With Kanter, Chandler, Bayless, Muscala expiring we would have 47 mil in cap space.
There still is other money to be cleared with: Mudiay (5mil), Burke (1.7), Hezonja (6.5), Baker (4.5), and Kornet

The 76res gonna trade cap space for Lee and THJr?

They will have like $37+M after this season with Durant and Khawai available.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/PHI.html

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/13/2018  3:51 PM
To get rid of Hardaway Jr. we will have to attach a lightly protected first round pick. It might be possible to dump him at the end of the season in a pick swap. Say we pick 3rd maybe if we move down to 8 maybe someone will bite. Lee is tradeable in the off-season with a 2nd rounder.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/13/2018  6:39 PM
Jmpasq wrote:To get rid of Hardaway Jr. we will have to attach a lightly protected first round pick. It might be possible to dump him at the end of the season in a pick swap. Say we pick 3rd maybe if we move down to 8 maybe someone will bite. Lee is tradeable in the off-season with a 2nd rounder.

Lee will be an expiring by then. Don't think we need to give up any picks if he lasts with us that long. Not unless we advertise our desperation. Hardaeay on the other...yeah, we'll probably need to attach a pick if we want to get rid of him.But,who knows? Maybe THJ breaks out.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/13/2018  9:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2018  9:25 PM
I think we might've missed a window to trade Tim Hardaway Jr for Dwight Howard when he was still a member of the Hornets. He made about the same amount as Timofey Mozgov- the only difference being the extra guaranteed year in 2020-2021. But as much as THJr is overpaid ($17.3 M/yr), it's hard to argue that he is a superior value proposition to Timofey Mozgov ($16.7M/yr) or Bismack Biyombo ($17M/yr), who was later flipped for Mozgov. The Hornets are horribly run but even they'd understand that Hardaway Jr can actually contribute something, since he actually plays a position of weakness. He's a better backup 2 than Malik Monk but will expire before Monk is due a contract extension, which will allow them to dump Hardaway Jr to give Monk a proper look. So with it all being even, I think we could have trumped the Nets' offer and be in a far better financial situation for it.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/14/2018  6:19 AM
I don't see it. When they use Reddick as a starter, their +/- is tops in the league. But they are starting Fultz because he's mentally fragile. They're going to trade for THJ to be a third string SG?
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/14/2018  6:32 AM
No way they should throw away their capspace and there is no way we should give up our potential number one pick in the draft because we will have to give that up. Inter-division trades are dangerous anyway.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
wargames
Member: #6053

10/14/2018  9:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2018  9:59 AM
I still think Lee for Solomon Hill is the best deal Knicks could get for an expiring since Hill is a scrub and the Pelicans have playoff ambitions.

That team is desperate for outside shooting besides Mirotic too. It was preseason so it holds no weight but they went 0-5. If they begin the season slow too I could see them definitely look to make some changes.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/14/2018  11:40 AM
ankurk wrote:The 76ers struck out on lebron james and resigning reddick was pretty much their big offseason move. They have a core in place and are already a playoff team.

With Fultz, JJ, Mconnell, Shamet they are already locked in the guard rotation. Shamet had a good preseason and its probably better for them to give him the mins and develop him while under his rookie deal. Thjr also isn't a sharpe shooter. And his production will reduce with all the other weapons they have on the team. He doesn't bring other qualities such as strong defense, rebounding etc the away from the ball qualities for them to value him. Look at Robert Covington, they can play him on Guards -PFs, he can nail 3s, gets 2 stls a game. Gives them amazing size and length within the rotation. Thjr is mostly valuable with a team that needs a gunner because it lacks a scoring punch.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/15/2018  9:22 AM
why would the 76ers make a large donation to the knicks franchise lol
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/15/2018  11:12 AM
Why cant we just give THJ a full yr under a better coach before you start throwing him in to "dump trades"
ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/15/2018  12:40 PM
Send draft picks to the process? No thanks. The Sixers are one injury away to either of the two injury prone stars from another lottery. We suck enough already without giving draft picks away in a dump salary trade.

Perry will keep THJr if for no other reason than to hopefully keep the **** fresh on the Phil Jackson era. Who knows, maybe during the season he even tries to get Shumpert back from the Kings... and we might even get a first round pick in the process for taking on that salary dump deal...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/15/2018  12:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Why cant we just give THJ a full yr under a better coach before you start throwing him in to "dump trades"

Freaks me out when I agree with you!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/16/2018  9:20 AM
If THJ can stay healthy Im guessing he will have a good season. If there is a trade to be made, it would probably be a better idea to wait until another season is shaved off of his contract, and Timmy has the time to up his value.

Staying healthy, not going on a big slump, will make him a more valuable trade chip than the situation we have now.

Timmy took more charges than all his teammates combined last season. Had a rough year dealing with a serious injury. Also showed what he can do when he's firing on all cylinders. Hope Hardaway has a breakout year.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/18/2018  7:09 AM
IF he plays all season like he did last night, he will get a bigger contract next go around.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/18/2018  9:35 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:IF he plays all season like he did last night, he will get a bigger contract next go around.

THJ was playing like this before he got hurt last season, once he came back, he was out of rhythm, he was on restricted mins for like 8 to 10 games, than KP went down and he was thrust into a go to role( a role he was not ready for at all) and started forcing everything.

On top of that, the coach and his staff were horrible, most of the players had already giving up mentally, and we played too damn slow, not to mention the defensive philosophy was hilarious.

Take all the bull sht away, and you got the THJ we saw the last 2 months he played in atl

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/18/2018  10:25 AM
I always liked Timmy but he is a streaky player. He will have nights like this but also stretches where you want to pull your hair out and he hurts you. Even last night he would jack up threes unecessarily but last night he had a good night.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/18/2018  10:28 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I always liked Timmy but he is a streaky player. He will have nights like this but also stretches where you want to pull your hair out and he hurts you. Even last night he would jack up threes unecessarily but last night he had a good night.

+1

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/18/2018  10:32 AM
Marv wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I always liked Timmy but he is a streaky player. He will have nights like this but also stretches where you want to pull your hair out and he hurts you. Even last night he would jack up threes unecessarily but last night he had a good night.

+1

Yeah I mean despite that I was a fan of timmy when we drafted him. Im not a fan of the contract. Im not saying he needs to be traded but if somebody offers something decent along with getting morw cap relief its something to consider
Trade Idea - Hardaway to 76ers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy