[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Dinwiddie et others - Crypto
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/12/2018  4:39 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2800398-has-spencer-dinwiddie-got-a-deal-for-you?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

personally i dont think traditional banks will ever accept it, but lets see...

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/12/2018  5:59 PM
I have stayed ot of cryptos. Something that had no intrinsic value (like gold) can only survive on speculation or safe heaven status. The speculation can leave you holding worthless assets almost overnight, safe havens are better, but bitcoin hasn't proved its status as one yet.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/12/2018  10:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/12/2018  10:54 PM
Crypto is promising technology with many possible use-cases.
But as any disruptive technology it will take long time to adapt it.
Internet started with a boom and bust for the same reason.
The people who invested in diversified set of specialized coins have a good change to profit from them in 10-15 years.
Of course it is crap shot as any attempt to became reach overnight.
Gambling is not used for winning but to get high while trying.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
wargames
Member: #6053

10/13/2018  5:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2018  5:16 AM
I still think Crypto's only function is to facilitate illegal transactions.

It only has value as a black market curren$y and it has only been a lack of government oversight that lets it thrive. Well, that and the lack of oversight on the USPS that lets people order illegal stuff online to be shipped to their homes that feeds the need for Crypto.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/13/2018  12:24 PM
wargames wrote:I still think Crypto's only function is to facilitate illegal transactions.

It only has value as a black market curren$y and it has only been a lack of government oversight that lets it thrive. Well, that and the lack of oversight on the USPS that lets people order illegal stuff online to be shipped to their homes that feeds the need for Crypto.

If govt's find a way to regulate crypto currencies, they are worthless.

Juliano
Member: #7589

10/13/2018  1:09 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I have stayed ot of cryptos. Something that had no intrinsic value (like gold) can only survive on speculation or safe heaven status. The speculation can leave you holding worthless assets almost overnight, safe havens are better, but bitcoin hasn't proved its status as one yet.

Well, one could argue that gold has no intrinsic value either, it is not vital to mankind as say uranium or plutonium now are. What fundamental use is gold?

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/13/2018  2:15 PM
Juliano wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I have stayed ot of cryptos. Something that had no intrinsic value (like gold) can only survive on speculation or safe heaven status. The speculation can leave you holding worthless assets almost overnight, safe havens are better, but bitcoin hasn't proved its status as one yet.
Well, one could argue that gold has no intrinsic value either, it is not vital to mankind as say uranium or plutonium now are. What fundamental use is gold?

Gold, at least, at till present day and foreseeable future, is a commodity of limited quantity. You can't just print new gold. Yet.
Crypto claims to be fixed quantity, but then they add to the pool of crypto currency everytime they start a new crypto coin.

reub
Member: #6227

10/13/2018  6:41 PM
Stay away from crypto. Someone gave me a small piece of bitcoin years ago, it went up tremendously in value, and now I have no way of getting it out. No private key or something. There's a good chance you'll lose all of your money too.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/13/2018  6:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2018  7:00 PM
reub wrote:Stay away from crypto. Someone gave me a small piece of bitcoin years ago, it went up tremendously in value, and now I have no way of getting it out. No private key or something. There's a good chance you'll lose all of your money too.

As any wealth representation crypto requires some brain power to preserve and expand it.
Education, discipline, and skills are helpful too.
With crypto it is just more obvious that whoever has it must be computer-savvy and understand technology.
That's why Gold is better. Very simple and not much skills required.
At the end of the day money on crypto will be made not on Bitcoin but on some other coins which will represent the crypto-application which will be widely adapted.
Internet is just the a core of countless technologies which are making tons of wealth our days.
Same may be true about the crypto one day.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Juliano
Member: #7589

10/15/2018  8:13 AM
Panos wrote:Gold, at least, at till present day and foreseeable future, is a commodity of limited quantity. You can't just print new gold. Yet.
Crypto claims to be fixed quantity, but then they add to the pool of crypto currency everytime they start a new crypto coin.

It is estimated that half of the planet's gold reserve have already been extracted, so there's as much coming. My point was that if you think about it, gold's value is only a perceived value, albeit a very, very strong one. It is not essential to mankind the way other raw materials are (oil for the time being, uranium, plutonium, copper, steel, latex, etc), what would be make human life harder if there was no gold anymore? It only has the value people give to it, and so does crypto. It's just that a lot more people have valued gold and for a much longer time so it is engraved in everyone's brain but who does vitally use gold on a daily basis?

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/29/2018  9:10 AM
Juliano wrote:
Panos wrote:Gold, at least, at till present day and foreseeable future, is a commodity of limited quantity. You can't just print new gold. Yet.

It is estimated that half of the planet's gold reserve have already been extracted, so there's as much coming. My point was that if you think about it, gold's value is only a perceived value, albeit a very, very strong one. It is not essential to mankind the way other raw materials are (oil for the time being, uranium, plutonium, copper, steel, latex, etc), what would be make human life harder if there was no gold anymore? It only has the value people give to it, and so does crypto. It's just that a lot more people have valued gold and for a much longer time so it is engraved in everyone's brain but who does vitally use gold on a daily basis?

I concur. Same thing with diamonds and other "jewels"

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
OT: Dinwiddie et others - Crypto

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy