[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kyrie Staying in Boston......
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

10/5/2018  8:14 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Rozier is very good on a good team. THjr that much better or worse? Hard to quantify given his role on this team and injury last season.

Long season and before I would pursue Terry I need to know what I have in THjr.
and of course we'll know our draft position and KP status.

i would take rozier on this team vs thjr in a heartbeat. 2 way player.

so would I he is a lot better than Hardaway. I would trade something for Rozier, Hardaway i would give up a 2nd rounder just to get rid of him.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq

10/5/2018  8:24 PM
smackeddog wrote:Didn't want him due to injury history. Hoping we target Khris Middleton instead

What about this lineup

Kemba Walker
Frank Ntk
Khris Middleton
Kevin Knox
Porzingis

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

10/5/2018  8:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
wargames wrote:Cool that makes it easier for us to get Terry Rozier.

Knicks should target Rozier and Randle and draft a scoring wing. Just add talent to the whole lineup and continue to wait for the warriors to age out of top contention.

I would love for the Knicks to target Oubre or RHJ. The Nets might match RHJ but I don't think there is anyway that the Wiz can keep Oubre. I like Terry but I am hoping one of Burke, Mudiay, or Frank is able to secure the point guard spot. Also, should the Knicks trade Kanter's expiring for a contract and picks?
im pretty sure kanter will be traded at the deadline
That is tough. I think Fiz likes him. IF that was the plan they almost need to bring Noah back into the fold. I love Mitch but I don't see him playing more than 20-23 minutes a night this year and I think he hits that number after the all star break. I do think it would be smart to consider trying to get assets and just riding out the two Phil contracts for one more year. I don't know the numbers but I think this offseason was targeted for free agency in part because of KP getting his extension next summer.

Mitchell will foul out way before he ever approaches 25 minutes

wargames
Member: #6053

10/5/2018  9:23 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Didn't want him due to injury history. Hoping we target Khris Middleton instead

What about this lineup

Kemba Walker
Frank Ntk
Khris Middleton
Kevin Knox
Porzingis

Kemba and Middleton gonna likely want at a minimum 18 each. We only are going to have $33 mil unless the waive Lee.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/5/2018  10:07 PM
wargames wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

What about this lineup

Kemba Walker
Frank Ntk
Khris Middleton
Kevin Knox
Porzingis

Kemba and Middleton gonna likely want at a minimum 18 each. We only are going to have $33 mil unless the waive Lee.

I think there is a good chance the Knicks end up with Kemba.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/5/2018  10:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
wargames wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

What about this lineup

Kemba Walker
Frank Ntk
Khris Middleton
Kevin Knox
Porzingis

yeah i can see that too crush. Obviously from the Bronx and with so much young talent already here
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/6/2018  12:18 AM
Nalod wrote:Rozier is very good on a good team. THjr that much better or worse? Hard to quantify given his role on this team and injury last season.

Long season and before I would pursue Terry I need to know what I have in THjr.
and of course we'll know our draft position and KP status.

We have nothing in THJR. Even the death eater is preferable.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/6/2018  6:41 PM
Berman will insight a narrative of failure once we “again failed to attract a notable free agent”. Fuck that starphuch shyt, knicks if they suck this year will have a high lotto pick and we get that much closer.
I don’t care about the starphuch nature of Media fueling that crap. If it takes longer and we build our asset base at some point the right person will come.
with a young base we don’t want 30 year old max contract guys coming. Pluck Berman and y’all that eat that narrative an regurgitate this crap back. The starphuch era is done.
meloshouldgo

10/6/2018  7:53 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
wargames wrote:Cool that makes it easier for us to get Terry Rozier.

Knicks should target Rozier and Randle and draft a scoring wing. Just add talent to the whole lineup and continue to wait for the warriors to age out of top contention.

I would love for the Knicks to target Oubre or RHJ. The Nets might match RHJ but I don't think there is anyway that the Wiz can keep Oubre. I like Terry but I am hoping one of Burke, Mudiay, or Frank is able to secure the point guard spot. Also, should the Knicks trade Kanter's expiring for a contract and picks?
im pretty sure kanter will be traded at the deadline
That is tough. I think Fiz likes him. IF that was the plan they almost need to bring Noah back into the fold. I love Mitch but I don't see him playing more than 20-23 minutes a night this year and I think he hits that number after the all star break. I do think it would be smart to consider trying to get assets and just riding out the two Phil contracts for one more year. I don't know the numbers but I think this offseason was targeted for free agency in part because of KP getting his extension next summer.

Mitchell will foul out way before he ever approaches 25 minutes

He will learn to control it in time, he will have to.

meloshouldgo

10/6/2018  8:01 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

What about this lineup

Kemba Walker
Frank Ntk
Khris Middleton
Kevin Knox
Porzingis

Not sure about the front court - who would get rebounds? There isn't anyone in that group that wants to bang down low. Haven't seen enough from Knox to know if he is that type or not.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/7/2018  2:43 PM
How about, if we trade Lee and cut Noah, we target Khris Middleton and Terry Rozier as our PG- doubt the celtics can afford to match a big offer for him as they'll be paying too much salary once they re-sign Irving.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2018  3:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:How about, if we trade Lee and cut Noah, we target Khris Middleton and Terry Rozier as our PG- doubt the celtics can afford to match a big offer for him as they'll be paying too much salary once they re-sign Irving.

"Trade lee"... For what? what kind of contract you take back? It matters.
Middleton, Small forward, big? Knox and KP's positions. GIve big money to middleton?
You know who is we drafting? YOu don't, I don't.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/7/2018  4:25 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:How about, if we trade Lee and cut Noah, we target Khris Middleton and Terry Rozier as our PG- doubt the celtics can afford to match a big offer for him as they'll be paying too much salary once they re-sign Irving.

"Trade lee"... For what? what kind of contract you take back? It matters.
Middleton, Small forward, big? Knox and KP's positions. GIve big money to middleton?
You know who is we drafting? YOu don't, I don't.

I’m assuming we eventually move Lee for an expiring.

Middleton can play SG, Sf and PF, Knox can play sf and PF and KP can play PF and c- gives us a nice flexible line up.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/7/2018  5:37 PM

Many of the scenarios here in this thread would require Lee to be in a sign and trade scenario with another team.

Lee for Walker in some kind of sign and trade ( it would need other things to round it out, I'm not looking at rough numbers now) would be unlikely but it would be one methodology of trying to make the money work a little better. Trading for Lee is not a great idea for any team ( he's useful but overpaid, he won't seem so to many because they don't see the market correction happening regarding the two giant cap leaps without the smoothing) but Michael Jordan is a complete and total idiot. He's an idiot. (How's Frank Kaminsky and the ghost of Adam Morrison doing?)

( The 30 For 30 you'll never see is the total ****heads some of these guys are and then their kids are another piece of total work. People don't truly understand what a blessing Steph Curry is on the NBA. He's a generally decent guy. He's far outnumbered by idiots and dips like Jordan's kid, Magic's kid, the list goes on and on. )

Folks may have to calibrate expectations. I know fans want a contender. But the most realistic pathway might just be a very good team that makes the playoffs, plays fun and competitive team ball and gets bounced after a long 2nd round battle year after year. This Warriors run could last a real long time. Be just fun and competitive is not the worst thing in the world.

wargames
Member: #6053

10/7/2018  6:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2018  10:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
wargames wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

What about this lineup

Kemba Walker
Frank Ntk
Khris Middleton
Kevin Knox
Porzingis

I could see them going after Rozier more though. It weakens the Celtics, he is another 2015 draft pick (they keep coming to NY/BK lol). He's younger, killed it as a starter, and played defense. Also I think he is gettable at 15 - 17 mil cause the Celtics are on the verge of the repeater tax. FYI He shares an Agent with Knox and they both are on PUMA sneaker deals. If they both played in NY those sneakers would become hot commodities over night too so that is another factor.

This would give the Knicks another 15 - 17 mill to either resign their own free agents (like Kanter or Trey) or throw at a second FA like Randle, Oubre, RHJ, etc)

Rozier
Frank
Knox
Randle
KP

Could be a top 5 starting lineup in the East if they play defense and pass the ball. Maybe use the MLE and BAE to keep Mario/Trey and the bench is tough too even before they add a top rookie.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Kyrie Staying in Boston......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy