[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kyrie Staying in Boston......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/4/2018  8:53 PM
Verbally committed. Of course he did. He breaks down and why take a risk.
I suppose he has a handshake deal with ownership. They have a bright future and will pay him.
childhood dreams as a fan is not the reality of the situation.
Read that when Durant went to Golden State it was in part about the culture of the Silicon Valley vs. the fracking of OKC. Thus, I can understand if a player can play competitively in NYC and has the money already, his maturity of the culture in NYC can be a draw.
KP has to prove he can play. We might even draft a franchise playe next summer.
Also someone will break out this summer. we bought in a lot of new young players. Not sure who it is but Mudiay, THjr, Vonlah, or Mario.
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/4/2018  9:35 PM
Excellent, let someone else pay him the crazy money.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
USA
10/5/2018  8:33 AM
A healthy Kyrie is one thing. A chronic inconsistent one is another.
These smallish wonders are physical greats but they break down. Baron Davis, DRose, Tiny, PHil Ford, Kenny Anderson, the list goes on and on. The HOF guys beat the odds. Iverson was amazing!
The prototype is more inline with the Steph Curry/Nash model. 6-4, athletic but other attributes to break down. Defense other than by the dribble. Don’t get me wrong, kyrie is special as was Damon Staudamire, Mugsy and Jameer Nelson, but lose a half a step and the advantage is gone.
Lakers are experimenting with Brandon Ingram at the Point. If you have Scotti pippin to defend that your in good shape. We don’t, but we have Frank.
Does that make Frank the PG? Nope, but what ever you want to call him good things happen when he is on the court.
As for Kyrie, He did tell Cav fans he was not leaving and I’m sure he meant it at the time. Kyrie knew Lebron was likely to leave and played his hand well. As for his future in Boston it makes sense for all.

Odds are small Durant comes east but to see him and a healthy KP on the floor is very compelling.
Perhaps this year we see THjr emerge as a “Good value” and that might be the path going forward. Non starphuch signings that add up over time. If Mario proves worthy he could command a 15mm 3 year deal. There are others in the league.

I’m Long on record that “Luck: When opportunity and preparation collide”. It’s not my quote, I’m just using it. IF this is true the frequency of opportunity we have on this young roster prepares us for this. Not all players will rise up but we are providing and receiving opporunity. We did not re-sign O’Quinn but instead are auditioning Mario. We moved McDermitt and a pick for the chance to look at Mudiay. Vonleh might still be able to be a good serviceable role player or better. We took a flyer on Mitchell Robinson. All opportunities.

I don’t know where we are going but I like the direction we are moving in.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/5/2018  9:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2018  9:02 AM
UNTIL he signs on the dotted line i wouldnt say its a done deal. I mean we have seen similar situations happen
wargames
Member: #6053

10/5/2018  9:17 AM
Cool that makes it easier for us to get Terry Rozier.

Knicks should target Rozier and Randle and draft a scoring wing. Just add talent to the whole lineup and continue to wait for the warriors to age out of top contention.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/5/2018  10:14 AM
wargames wrote:Cool that makes it easier for us to get Terry Rozier.

Knicks should target Rozier and Randle and draft a scoring wing. Just add talent to the whole lineup and continue to wait for the warriors to age out of top contention.

that's not a bad idea re: scary terry

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
10/5/2018  11:26 AM
Rozier is very good on a good team. THjr that much better or worse? Hard to quantify given his role on this team and injury last season.

Long season and before I would pursue Terry I need to know what I have in THjr.
and of course we'll know our draft position and KP status.

Cartman718

10/5/2018  11:38 AM
Nalod wrote:Rozier is very good on a good team. THjr that much better or worse? Hard to quantify given his role on this team and injury last season.

i would take rozier on this team vs thjr in a heartbeat. 2 way player.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
10/5/2018  1:27 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Rozier is very good on a good team. THjr that much better or worse? Hard to quantify given his role on this team and injury last season.

OK, but both?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/5/2018  1:28 PM
Kyrie wants to have a great year. Step 1, lets keep anyone from bothering me about next year. How to do that? "Im a Celtic for life"

There is little reason to believe anything he says right now. Doesnt matter... I am looking forward to this team very much

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  1:30 PM
fishmike wrote:Kyrie wants to have a great year. Step 1, lets keep anyone from bothering me about next year. How to do that? "Im a Celtic for life"

There is little reason to believe anything he says right now. Doesnt matter... I am looking forward to this team very much

Exactly. Pretty much every pending FA says similar things. Now that doesnt mean he was lying but i highly doubt he will make his mind up this early
Cartman718

10/5/2018  1:49 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

OK, but both?

take your meds today?

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/5/2018  3:18 PM
Didn't want him due to injury history. Hoping we target Khris Middleton instead
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/5/2018  4:11 PM

I would love for the Knicks to target Oubre or RHJ. The Nets might match RHJ but I don't think there is anyway that the Wiz can keep Oubre. I like Terry but I am hoping one of Burke, Mudiay, or Frank is able to secure the point guard spot. Also, should the Knicks trade Kanter's expiring for a contract and picks?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
10/5/2018  4:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2018  4:22 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

OK, but both?

take your meds today?

THjr got two more years on his deal. You trade him to sign THjr?
did Rozier look good as a role player? What would he look like if thrust into the no. 1 or two option on a shytty knick team as did Hardaway?
sure its easy to say you want one of the other but there are contracts to consider.

StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  4:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I would love for the Knicks to target Oubre or RHJ. The Nets might match RHJ but I don't think there is anyway that the Wiz can keep Oubre. I like Terry but I am hoping one of Burke, Mudiay, or Frank is able to secure the point guard spot. Also, should the Knicks trade Kanter's expiring for a contract and picks?
im pretty sure kanter will be traded at the deadline
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/5/2018  4:37 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That is tough. I think Fiz likes him. IF that was the plan they almost need to bring Noah back into the fold. I love Mitch but I don't see him playing more than 20-23 minutes a night this year and I think he hits that number after the all star break. I do think it would be smart to consider trying to get assets and just riding out the two Phil contracts for one more year. I don't know the numbers but I think this offseason was targeted for free agency in part because of KP getting his extension next summer.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  4:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That is tough. I think Fiz likes him. IF that was the plan they almost need to bring Noah back into the fold. I love Mitch but I don't see him playing more than 20-23 minutes a night this year and I think he hits that number after the all star break. I do think it would be smart to consider trying to get assets and just riding out the two Phil contracts for one more year. I don't know the numbers but I think this offseason was targeted for free agency in part because of KP getting his extension next summer.
i like kanter too, i just dont think we can afford him while we try to get a big free agent
wargames
Member: #6053

10/5/2018  8:07 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

i like kanter too, i just dont think we can afford him while we try to get a big free agent

I think they let him expire. If they let everyone on the books expire and waive Noah they potentially have 33 million in cap space. I doubt the Celtics match $15 -16 mil for Rozier because they want to keep Kyrie and have Marcus Smart as an above average backup PG. Same for Oubre on the Wizards who have Porter. By getting a RFA on a capped out team there would still be enough money leftover for a 18 mil contract for another UFA/RFA player like Middleton, Randle, Rubio, etc and a MLE to maybe keep Hezonja and/or Burke.

It would be like trading Noah, Kanter, and Mudiay for 2 younger talented players. A lot of teams have money but a lot are also going to wait to chase KD. A smart move would be to hit up the secondary market and build a younger roster.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/5/2018  8:11 PM
Nalod wrote:Verbally committed. Of course he did. He breaks down and why take a risk.
I suppose he has a handshake deal with ownership. They have a bright future and will pay him.
childhood dreams as a fan is not the reality of the situation.
Read that when Durant went to Golden State it was in part about the culture of the Silicon Valley vs. the fracking of OKC. Thus, I can understand if a player can play competitively in NYC and has the money already, his maturity of the culture in NYC can be a draw.
KP has to prove he can play. We might even draft a franchise playe next summer.
Also someone will break out this summer. we bought in a lot of new young players. Not sure who it is but Mudiay, THjr, Vonlah, or Mario.

F him we have Alonzo Trier

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Kyrie Staying in Boston......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy