[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank haters can suck it
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
9/12/2021  4:23 AM
Dennis Smith Jr perhaps finding a home with Knick in Waiting Dame Lillard. Still nothing for Frank.

https://ripcityproject.com/2021/09/07/portland-trail-blazers-dennis-smith-jr-marquese-chriss/

AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

9/12/2021  9:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/12/2021  9:06 AM
franco12 wrote:Dennis Smith Jr perhaps finding a home with Knick in Waiting Dame Lillard. Still nothing for Frank.

https://ripcityproject.com/2021/09/07/portland-trail-blazers-dennis-smith-jr-marquese-chriss/

People are making fun of Frank not getting a contract from another team but I thought DSJ was supposed to be Chris Paul 2.0?

No defense, a black hole on offense at PG, can’t shoot and literally every GM in the NBA agrees— oh my how the mighty have fallen

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/12/2021  10:12 AM
Dennis gets a tryout and an opportunity. Do we know if frank was offered such an invitation? I mean do any of you talk to frank or his agent? I doubt this.
If you go into a camp and tweek an injury, you go away. Maybe, Frank is trying to get a euro deal so he can play.
Im not defending him but lets see what becomes of him before we judge.
Dennis was a top talent in High school with amazing athletic ability. Was it he took it for granted? Injury? (ACL in his senior year in HS)His body changed? Is it that a % of these kids for a host of reasons don’t “get it” or just not everyone makes it no matter what? Why as fans we **** on these kids for our frustrations because they did not pan out to our delight? Im empathetic to these kids whose dream comes crashing down. Somtimes they are arrogant ****s who never recover, or a humbling experience and make good with their lives in other ways. But we who don’t know them are free to dump all kinds of crap on them.
We interpret Dennis body language but we don’t know him. Dennis has to go thru camp and preseason without a back relapse which is something he has yet to do. Frank maybe is tilting to a euro career? Tell me his goals and then we can judge.
Philc1

9/12/2021  10:37 AM
Gloating about a possible tryout? Dennis Smith Jr was supposed to be a perennial all star and give Knicks haters everywhere material for another 15 years
franco12
USA
9/12/2021  7:05 PM
Philc1 wrote:
franco12 wrote:Dennis Smith Jr perhaps finding a home with Knick in Waiting Dame Lillard. Still nothing for Frank.

People are making fun of Frank not getting a contract from another team but I thought DSJ was supposed to be Chris Paul 2.0?

No defense, a black hole on offense at PG, can’t shoot and literally every GM in the NBA agrees— oh my how the mighty have fallen

I'm not making fun of Frank or DSjr. I hope no one is.

I might be making fun of fishmike for criticizing me for wanting Julius to not play so many minutes.

I think both have the talent to play in the league - Frank might be angling to go back to Europe.

I'm honestly surprised that neither have found a home.

I don't understand why Mudiay is in Lithuania - we certainly could have used him last year.

Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
9/12/2021  10:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/13/2021  7:52 PM
Philc1 wrote:Gloating about a possible tryout? Dennis Smith Jr was supposed to be a perennial all star and give Knicks haters everywhere material for another 15 years

Calling bullsh1t

no one on this board said anything close to that. As a matter of fact, very few were that excited about him even being a Knick. If anything, like Frank at time, people were excited about his "potential"

But like Nalod mentioned....At least Dennis Smith Jr is still getting looks from the league. Frank? Not so much

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/13/2021  9:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/13/2021  3:44 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Gloating about a possible tryout? [b]Dennis Smith Jr was supposed to be a perennial all star[b/] and give Knicks haters everywhere material for another 15 years

Calling bullsh1t

no one on this board said anything close to that. As a matter of fact, very few were that excited about him even being a Knick. If anything, like Frank at time, people were excited about his "potential"

But like Nalod mentioned....At least Dennis Smith Jr is still getting looks from the league. Frank? Not so much

+1
This is what it's come to for Frankie Smokes...DSJr comparisons.
Ummm... for their careers, DSJr shot .316 from 3 and .441 from 2. Frankie stands at .328 and .389. Although Frankie was the better FT shooter.

Give it a break already, PhilC. I wanted Frank to succeed here, but he couldn't shoot either, or run an offense. Even imaginary triangular ones.

and like Nalod also said, no more excuse-making required.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

9/13/2021  4:33 PM
I will miss his defense, tho...
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/13/2021  5:35 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:I will miss his defense, tho...

Undoubtedly. His Luka highlights alone were worth the $18 mil.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/13/2021  9:48 PM
jrodmc wrote:

Undoubtedly. His Luka highlights alone were worth the $18 mil.

Also, a very snappy dresser. I thought Evan would pick up the slack, but I dunno.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/13/2021  9:55 PM

then watch some deuce highlights

can’t wait till the balding one from atlanta meets him

Philc1

9/14/2021  10:51 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Gloating about a possible tryout? [b]Dennis Smith Jr was supposed to be a perennial all star[b/] and give Knicks haters everywhere material for another 15 years

Calling bullsh1t

+1
This is what it's come to for Frankie Smokes...DSJr comparisons.
Ummm... for their careers, DSJr shot .316 from 3 and .441 from 2. Frankie stands at .328 and .389. Although Frankie was the better FT shooter.

Give it a break already, PhilC. I wanted Frank to succeed here, but he couldn't shoot either, or run an offense. Even imaginary triangular ones.

and like Nalod also said, no more excuse-making required.

I wasn’t referring to you guys. I was referring to media hype surrounding DSJ his first 2 years in the nba
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

9/14/2021  10:58 PM
The mavs has emerged as a potential distination of Frank! Is Phil or Mills a new mavs consultant? The Mavs are making their own Knicks corner with KP, THJ, Burks, Bullock and potentially Frank!

If Frank lands in Dallas I hope he gets some minutes and show his stuff!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/14/2021  11:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/14/2021  11:45 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:The mavs has emerged as a potential distination of Frank! Is Phil or Mills a new mavs consultant? The Mavs are making their own Knicks corner with KP, THJ, Burks, Bullock and potentially Frank!

If Frank gets an offer better than a camp deal, does it mean he's better than DSJ again?😱
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Caseloads
Member: #41
9/15/2021  12:07 AM
frank to mavs
Nalod
USA
9/15/2021  7:06 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:The mavs has emerged as a potential distination of Frank! Is Phil or Mills a new mavs consultant? The Mavs are making their own Knicks corner with KP, THJ, Burks, Bullock and potentially Frank!

We’ll know what knicks would have been if we got Doncic adn let Kidd coach them!!!!

franco12
USA
9/15/2021  9:02 AM
Nalod wrote:

We’ll know what knicks would have been if we got Doncic adn let Kidd coach them!!!!

maybe I'll have to get league pass to watch them. I do like them all as players. Of course, I have a rooting interest to see them fail- but I feel like our FO have demonstrated a nice ability to work in the back part of the draft.

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

9/15/2021  11:33 AM
Alot of knick fans/frank fans think that when Dallas offers frank a contract its already a done deal, he already found a new home. But looking at the Dallas roster, they already have a roster filled with fully guaranteed players plus the 2 2-way players are already in place.

The only team that is showing interest in Frank is a team that has no roster spot for him. Not sure why alot of Frank fans are already celebrating, it will just be a camp invite. There is still a chance he makes the team outright but the Mavs will need to do a trade or waive someone. Im still hoping Frank can continue his NBA journey. I was hoping the spurs would be interested in him. Im impressed with the Spurs' player development, i was hoping they can turn him into Bruce Bowen 2.0

Nalod
USA
9/15/2021  11:53 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:Alot of knick fans/frank fans think that when Dallas offers frank a contract its already a done deal, he already found a new home. But looking at the Dallas roster, they already have a roster filled with fully guaranteed players plus the 2 2-way players are already in place.

The only team that is showing interest in Frank is a team that has no roster spot for him. Not sure why alot of Frank fans are already celebrating, it will just be a camp invite. There is still a chance he makes the team outright but the Mavs will need to do a trade or waive someone. Im still hoping Frank can continue his NBA journey. I was hoping the spurs would be interested in him. Im impressed with the Spurs' player development, i was hoping they can turn him into Bruce Bowen 2.0

Who is celebrating? Nobody is celebrating. Its just news. We can read. He is getting a look. That's all he got. It not a high percentage outcome unless he impresses.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/15/2021  1:12 PM
As long as frank is on an NBA team, he could careless if he gets a minute of PT.
ES
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy