Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/24/2021  12:30 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Mudiay signed for 2mm with Utah and had a great year as back up. Not sure why Utah did not bring him back. Maybe he wanted a raise. Frank needs an opportunity to play more than the money. He just turned 23 this month. I’m sure there is a place in Europe for him to play and get a decent paycheck. Might have to give up the NBA dream? Gleague might await?
Usually these NBA deals/opportunities come later than the first signee’s. Time will tell the tale, not our opinions.

Mudiay now heading to Lithuania:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/08/emmanuel-mudiay-signs-with-lithuanian-team.html

An odd choice for him. Zalgiris Kaunas is a great and storied franchise, but I struggle to see how a Lithuanian team can afford a contract approaching anywhere what he might have gotten by going back to China (certainly not the $1.2 million he was already getting paid there years back).

I still don’t understand how he is out of the league. I thought he was a bright spot for us, and let’s be honest, we could have used him last year. Dude is young and gifted. Maybe it’s between the ears.

I might take him over Kevin Knox if I am filling our roster- but that says more about Knox than Mudiay.

That is when you turn inward and reassess your assessment.

martin...I love you man but sometimes you cut me deep. you cut me deep.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/24/2021  12:39 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Mudiay signed for 2mm with Utah and had a great year as back up. Not sure why Utah did not bring him back. Maybe he wanted a raise. Frank needs an opportunity to play more than the money. He just turned 23 this month. I’m sure there is a place in Europe for him to play and get a decent paycheck. Might have to give up the NBA dream? Gleague might await?
Usually these NBA deals/opportunities come later than the first signee’s. Time will tell the tale, not our opinions.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/08/emmanuel-mudiay-signs-with-lithuanian-team.html

An odd choice for him. Zalgiris Kaunas is a great and storied franchise, but I struggle to see how a Lithuanian team can afford a contract approaching anywhere what he might have gotten by going back to China (certainly not the $1.2 million he was already getting paid there years back).

I still don’t understand how he is out of the league. I thought he was a bright spot for us, and let’s be honest, we could have used him last year. Dude is young and gifted. Maybe it’s between the ears.

I might take him over Kevin Knox if I am filling our roster- but that says more about Knox than Mudiay.

Sigh I know. But season is nearly around the corner and sometimes she brings her friends

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
8/24/2021  12:56 PM
Marv wrote:I don’t think it was just his draft position. How many times during his years here did he demonstrate that he had “turned the corner” and “put it together” only to relapse quickly into tentative ineffective play or get injured? This would have been the same problem, albeit in less of a spotlight, regardless of his draft position imo

I have to say, I wanted to draft Frank and was happy we drafted him. Weis aside, the French players that actually made the NBA have generally brought something to the table and there were a lot of guys who were stout defensively. I liked what I saw from Frank on his tapes. Frank's wingspan and ability to play the 1 intrigued me and I thought he was a great fit for Big Chief Triangle. Once he made it here he showed the those flashes and once in a while the shot looked pure, but pretty soon it was clear that he had a between the ears/confidence problem. I called him the Chuck Knoblauch of the NBA with his shooting. The yips, the the spins, the twisties. Whatever you want to call it. Guy is afraid to shoot. He goes into lapses of completely having no confidence in his shot. Ben Simmons is bigger and just way, way better at a lot of other things on the court, but he's got something similar. Jared Jeffries was a guy who I always thought was a zero because you didn't need to guard him because of how bad he was offensively. Frank doesn't have good enough secondary skills to make up for his yips. He doesn't drive or cut to the basket or finish at the rim or crash boards and hasn't created offense at this level. He needs a sports psychologist or some years overseas to prove his aversion to shooting has been overcome to get another shot. My apologist days are over. Lets move on.

Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/24/2021  6:14 PM
What happened with Frank? Did he sign elsewhere? I always thought he'd be great for the spurs. the lakers have some open roster spots.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/24/2021  7:15 PM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Sigh I know. But season is nearly around the corner and sometimes she brings her friends

Rebecca is so unthreatened by the Brooklyn knockoff in the second pic. Clearly doing her a favor.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
8/24/2021  8:42 PM
VDesai wrote:
Marv wrote:I don’t think it was just his draft position. How many times during his years here did he demonstrate that he had “turned the corner” and “put it together” only to relapse quickly into tentative ineffective play or get injured? This would have been the same problem, albeit in less of a spotlight, regardless of his draft position imo

I have to say, I wanted to draft Frank and was happy we drafted him. Weis aside, the French players that actually made the NBA have generally brought something to the table and there were a lot of guys who were stout defensively. I liked what I saw from Frank on his tapes. Frank's wingspan and ability to play the 1 intrigued me and I thought he was a great fit for Big Chief Triangle. Once he made it here he showed the those flashes and once in a while the shot looked pure, but pretty soon it was clear that he had a between the ears/confidence problem. I called him the Chuck Knoblauch of the NBA with his shooting. The yips, the the spins, the twisties. Whatever you want to call it. Guy is afraid to shoot. He goes into lapses of completely having no confidence in his shot. Ben Simmons is bigger and just way, way better at a lot of other things on the court, but he's got something similar. Jared Jeffries was a guy who I always thought was a zero because you didn't need to guard him because of how bad he was offensively. Frank doesn't have good enough secondary skills to make up for his yips. He doesn't drive or cut to the basket or finish at the rim or crash boards and hasn't created offense at this level. He needs a sports psychologist or some years overseas to prove his aversion to shooting has been overcome to get another shot. My apologist days are over. Lets move on.

Yeah Frank always had the talent. He just was too hot and cold with his confidence. I’m surprised no team believes they can fix that yet.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
8/24/2021  9:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/24/2021  9:03 PM
Are we still talking about Frank?
Let's just agree that the OP didn't have a clue and move on.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/24/2021  9:35 PM
Panos wrote:Are we still talking about Frank?

fish? he couldn’t ad lib a fart in a bean-eating contest

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/25/2021  8:48 AM
Marv wrote:

You dare to denigrate someone with Knick-themed Christmas decorations?!? Repent!

Are there any threads on here that have actually gone to 50 pages?
Poor Tony Wroten. He has nothing left now.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
8/25/2021  2:36 PM
But Tony Wroten never played a signal minute, so he still has the record for non Knicks
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

8/25/2021  2:55 PM
https://kingjamesgospel.com/2021/08/22/cavs-free-agent-frank-ntilikina-makes-sense-reclamation-project/
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
9/7/2021  12:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/7/2021  12:10 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:https://kingjamesgospel.com/2021/08/22/cavs-free-agent-frank-ntilikina-makes-sense-reclamation-project/

Wow. Suggested the MLE for Frank, huh? They should do that. Then we could trade them Knox for a first. Hell, we could probably get two or 3 firsts and a second for Obi!

~You can't run from who you are.~
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
9/7/2021  2:22 AM
Harlow, sweet chariot
Martin wants to take you home
She does seem like fun- maybe she likes the saxophone...
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
9/7/2021  2:23 AM
I always saw him killin it w the Spurs but those Spurs days are over
Caseloads wrote:What happened with Frank? Did he sign elsewhere? I always thought he'd be great for the spurs. the lakers have some open roster spots.
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
9/7/2021  6:19 AM
Still not signed- perhaps Italy:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/virtus_bologna_interested_in_former_knick_frank_ntilikina/s1_14822_35792888

SI saying the Pacers should look at him, but not a rumor of interest:

https://www.si.com/nba/pacers/news/opinion-this-team-should-sign-former-new-york-knicks-first-round-pick

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/7/2021  11:29 AM
Frank don’t have a camp invite yet. Maybe a few years in Europe will do him good until. HE comes to a camp and does to make it he misses out on Euro opportunities. Incredible how thin the line is.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
9/8/2021  11:03 AM
Nalod wrote:Frank don’t have a camp invite yet. Maybe a few years in Europe will do him good until. HE comes to a camp and does to make it he misses out on Euro opportunities. Incredible how thin the line is.

Again- I wonder if Frank was never full vested in making it in the NBA. I mean, you just have to be a different kind of person to make it in the most competitive league. Perhaps he was just a tall kid that liked to play basketball and had been pushed/pulled along the way.

I mean, for the flashes we saw, I would think one of the other 29 teams would have an interest in getting a free look, inviting him to summer league of at this point, training camp. Perhaps they did, and he turned them down? Maybe he wants to go back to Europe.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

9/8/2021  11:31 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Marv wrote:

You dare to denigrate someone with Knick-themed Christmas decorations?!? Repent!

Are there any threads on here that have actually gone to 50 pages?
Poor Tony Wroten. He has nothing left now.

How many pages was the Jessica Alba thread? 50,000?

knicks1248
Member: #582
9/8/2021  12:58 PM
franco12 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Frank don’t have a camp invite yet. Maybe a few years in Europe will do him good until. HE comes to a camp and does to make it he misses out on Euro opportunities. Incredible how thin the line is.

Again- I wonder if Frank was never full vested in making it in the NBA. I mean, you just have to be a different kind of person to make it in the most competitive league. Perhaps he was just a tall kid that liked to play basketball and had been pushed/pulled along the way.

I mean, for the flashes we saw, I would think one of the other 29 teams would have an interest in getting a free look, inviting him to summer league of at this point, training camp. Perhaps they did, and he turned them down? Maybe he wants to go back to Europe.

The kid never publicly ask for a trade, or asked go to the G league, or play pick up with other NBA players during the OFF season.

You knew his heart wasn't in it when those things didn't transpire.

He was just a good kid who sat at the end of the bench very quite, supported his team, collected his check. His goal was to make it to the NBA, which he did..

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/8/2021  1:04 PM
franco12 wrote:

Defense takes effort. Im not sure he was coasting on talent alone. seems as if he had good stretches, but all he got drafted by Phil, then had Mills, then Perry/Leon. Had 4 coaches? Not giving excuses. Mix in some injuries, Covid, and you have a bad mix. YOu might be right about going to europe. His Body did not seem to mature to the point to “Man strength” either. Maybe he has a different path now and NBA is not in the short term? Or the long? We don’t know.
I like the kid. Too bad it did not pan out for him. Hope he can find success and be happy.

Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy