Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/5/2018  1:20 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Ira wrote:The team is better when Frank is in the game. Granted he doesn't break down the defense enough, but he's learning - and his defense gives the team a big boost.

Two preseason games and you got “Not enough”? For who? A contending team? Knicks might be a bottom 10 team. Coach says he don’t care about positions, so why should you?

2 preseason games and you are anointing him? Frank will get plenty of time this season to show us what he has. How about people just stop with the gloating, the I told you so and the leaping to definitive conclusions after every good or bad game he has?

Its the "Dennis Rodman" theory. Dennis offensively was not that great. There was sometimes a sequence where he would dominate on both ends by rebounding, blocking shot, disrupting lanes/passes, or run the floor on break.While not a PF under the basket Frank has shown small glimpses into that kind of "other things" in a game that can turn a game or put it away. So when some fans like myself get their backs up the "he don't break down the defense with dribble", or "Push the ball up ENOUGH" those are small things I can agree with but are not career defining.
For his age what he did in his rookie year was great but under appreciated by some.
Im promoting his intangibles and like we all do root that his offensive game keeps getting polished.
But to say he will "Never" and any aspect of his game at age 20 is comical.
At age 26 that's a different story.

Bulls had the GOAT, another HOFer as his wing man, elite 3pt shooters, to pick up the slack. Same deal with Fisher in LA.

Frank running plays, not chipping in much offensively is something I dont believe the starting unit can afford. You run into the same problem on offense. 4 on 5 most of the time. Why is the prospect of Frank being a role player so undigestible to some?

Not saying that Frank will never be a starter. I see too much of a rush by some to say he's ready. Im guessing Fizdale is waiting on Frank to start stringing together some good games offensively, before considering starting him in the regular season. Too many vets ahead of him as well.

i never got the sense that fizdale was hesitant. I think he simply gave trey and mudiay the first crack. I believe he is switching things up tonight

Dude cmon man, frank will not start over trey or THJ....you have to know that

So far in 2 preseason games not only is he the only guard that hasn't been to the FT line(even those who played less minutes), he's the only player on the entire roster...like 16 other players

How can you start a guard into todays NBA that barely shoots 3's, almost never gets to the FT line, doesn't rack up a bunch of assist, barely penetrates and when he does, avoids contact like the plague. Fiz has to figure out the right role for him in order for him to be successful.

ES
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/5/2018  1:23 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Ira wrote:The team is better when Frank is in the game. Granted he doesn't break down the defense enough, but he's learning - and his defense gives the team a big boost.

Two preseason games and you got “Not enough”? For who? A contending team? Knicks might be a bottom 10 team. Coach says he don’t care about positions, so why should you?

2 preseason games and you are anointing him? Frank will get plenty of time this season to show us what he has. How about people just stop with the gloating, the I told you so and the leaping to definitive conclusions after every good or bad game he has?

Its the "Dennis Rodman" theory. Dennis offensively was not that great. There was sometimes a sequence where he would dominate on both ends by rebounding, blocking shot, disrupting lanes/passes, or run the floor on break.While not a PF under the basket Frank has shown small glimpses into that kind of "other things" in a game that can turn a game or put it away. So when some fans like myself get their backs up the "he don't break down the defense with dribble", or "Push the ball up ENOUGH" those are small things I can agree with but are not career defining.
For his age what he did in his rookie year was great but under appreciated by some.
Im promoting his intangibles and like we all do root that his offensive game keeps getting polished.

Bulls had the GOAT, another HOFer as his wing man, elite 3pt shooters, to pick up the slack. Same deal with Fisher in LA.

Frank running plays, not chipping in much offensively is something I dont believe the starting unit can afford. You run into the same problem on offense. 4 on 5 most of the time. Why is the prospect of Frank being a role player so undigestible to some?

Not saying that Frank will never be a starter. I see too much of a rush by some to say he's ready. Im guessing Fizdale is waiting on Frank to start stringing together some good games offensively, before considering starting him in the regular season. Too many vets ahead of him as well.

i never got the sense that fizdale was hesitant. I think he simply gave trey and mudiay the first crack. I believe he is switching things up tonight

"hesitant" is your characterization of Fizdale's emotional state, not mine.

My bad i shouldnt have used that word since you didnt say it, my apologies. Like i have mentioned before you have made fair points about franks offense. But he definetly looks different. More aggresive,using his size,and not passing up shots. Also he just turned 20 so i didnt expect him to be a starter right off the bat. I dont want to jump the gun but i think he will be more than a role player when all is set and done

NP. Frank does look different. Physically, and his game has improved. Dont believe it has improved to the point where I can make a prediction because we havent seen him do it night in and night out. Should have a good idea in the coming weeks, months.

Until we see a larger sample size, I can only say that its clear that Frank put in the work over the summer. Hope it pays dividends.

Playing with a chip on his shoulder will go a long way to getting there.

Yes. Absolutely. Honestly the pg spot in still up for grabs. I know people Burkes like offense but the problem is when he is off he doesnt bring much else. Mudiay is a big disappointment. Right now i only see frank longterm but thats why next summer will be fascinating via draft/free agency
StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  1:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2018  1:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

So far in 2 preseason games not only is he the only guard that hasn't been to the FT line(even those who played less minutes), he's the only player on the entire roster...like 16 other players

How can you start a guard into todays NBA that barely shoots 3's, almost never gets to the FT line, doesn't rack up a bunch of assist, barely penetrates and when he does, avoids contact like the plague. Fiz has to figure out the right role for him in order for him to be successful.

obviously you havent been watching the games(except for burke lol). Frank has been knocking down threes,going to the hoop,and as usual making plays oh defense. Yes he hasnt got to the FT line but he is driving to the hoop making buckets. Who cares who starts because as much as wont admit it Frank will be in there in close games. But i know you made your mind about Frank at the ripe old age of 19
knicks1248
10/5/2018  1:53 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

obviously you havent been watching the games(except for burke lol). Frank has been knocking down threes,going to the hoop,and as usual making plays oh defense. Yes he hasnt got to the FT line but he is driving to the hoop making buckets. But i know you made your mind about Frank at the ripe old age of 19

First of all he's 20 yrs old and has played professional basketball longer than most (if not all) 20 yr old players in the NBA. If you look at Mario's development since he's been in the NBA, there are times he will show you why he was a #5 pick and they are times you will be like this guy just doesn't get it.

The success of a player comes down to fit more than talent. Frank maybe an excellent guard in a half court strategic system, but do you really believe frank has the mind of a player that likes to run up down like a track meet, do you really think that's the perfect system for him? Has he shown you he can thrive in a system like that.

ES
StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  1:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2018  2:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

obviously you havent been watching the games(except for burke lol). Frank has been knocking down threes,going to the hoop,and as usual making plays oh defense. Yes he hasnt got to the FT line but he is driving to the hoop making buckets. But i know you made your mind about Frank at the ripe old age of 19

First of all he's 20 yrs old and has played professional basketball longer than most (if not all) 20 yr old players in the NBA. If you look at Mario's development since he's been in the NBA, there are times he will show you why he was a #5 pick and they are times you will be like this guy just doesn't get it.

The success of a player comes down to fit more than talent. Frank maybe an excellent guard in a half court strategic system, but do you really believe frank has the mind of a player that likes to run up down like a track meet, do you really think that's the perfect system for him? Has he shown you he can thrive in a system like that.

Frank can move the ball quickly. Now does he go 100 mph? No but that doesnt mean he is a half court guard. My biggest issue with you is that you have NEVER once said anything positive about the kid even his defense. If you cant admit that so far he looks much better on offense so far and put work in this summer,then you simply arent being fair
knicks1248
10/5/2018  2:24 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Frank can move the ball quickly. Now does he go 100 mph? No but that doesnt mean he is a half court guard. My biggest issue with you is that you have NEVER once said anything positive about the kid even his defense. If you cant admit that so far he looks much better on offense so far and put work in this summer,then you simply arent being fair

No, I have already said dozens of times that i like franks skills, but you don't pay attention to what i like about him, only what i don't, but that's life (you can do a 100 things right and ppl will kill you for the one thing you did wrong)I think he can be a solid player in the NBA, but at same time you have to consider what this roster lacks, 3 point shooting, penetration and FT shooting, we were bottom of the barrel in all 3 categories.

How can I believe he's being more aggressive when he took 5 shots attempt one game, and 8 the next, that avg's out to about 6 attempts per game, exactly what he average last season. I wanna see a selfish frank for more than a couple possessions

ES
StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  2:35 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

No, I have already said dozens of times that i like franks skills, but you don't pay attention to what i like about him, only what i don't, but that's life (you can do a 100 things right and ppl will kill you for the one thing you did wrong)I think he can be a solid player in the NBA, but at same time you have to consider what this roster lacks, 3 point shooting, penetration and FT shooting, we were bottom of the barrel in all 3 categories.

How can I believe he's being more aggressive when he took 5 shots attempt one game, and 8 the next, that avg's out to about 6 attempts per game, exactly what he average last season. I wanna see a selfish frank for more than a couple possessions

Come on dude be honest at least. Frank has been much more aggressive considering in the preseason most guys arent playing a big number of minutes. So far he has only passed up 1 shot which i mentioned during the first game. He has been shooting threes and making them. True he hasnt gone to the FT line HOWEVER he has been driving to the hoop and making buckets. The FT will come.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/5/2018  2:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Only 3 players Trier(12) who does nothing else, THJr (11) who does nothing else, and Kanter (14) who get all foot-backs and stuff around the basket get more shots that Frank (8). He was the best defensive guard by the mile and run the team very well organized.
With number of pure scorers we have including KP, Knox and many others we need guard who is very efficient on offense, takes only open shots, and focused on setting up and getting everyone involved. Frank need to learn to break up the defense and with just that he will move into elite guard status right away and will displace Burke who has this as his main asset. For now he is a combo guard who can defend 4 positions.
You cannot get this kind in NBA in general without spending 20 mils our days and if this is young player with upside which Frank is you cannot get this at all. No team in clear mind will give up this kind of player. His value as an asset is growing with every day.
You need this kind of players to be a winning team. There is no way around it.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  3:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2018  3:15 PM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Only 3 players Trier(12) who does nothing else, THJr (11) who does nothing else, and Kanter (14) who get all foot-backs and stuff around the basket get more shots that Frank (8). He was the best defensive guard by the mile and run the team very well organized.
With number of pure scorers we have including KP, Knox and many others we need guard who is very efficient on offense, takes only open shots, and focused on setting up and getting everyone involved. Frank need to learn to break up the defense and with just that he will move into elite guard status right away and will displace Burke who has this as his main asset. For now he is a combo guard who can defend 4 positions.
You cannot get this kind in NBA in general without spending 20 mils our days and if this is young player with upside which Frank is you cannot get this at all. No team in clear mind will give up this kind of player. His value as an asset is growing with every day.
You need this kind of players to be a winning team. There is no way around it.

Exactly. You need two way players to win. I know offense will always appeal more to fans but we have had plenty of offensive players the past 15 years without much success. You can be a good offensive guard but if you bring nothing on defense it really doesnt matter. Derrick Rose is a perfect example. Yes he was a dynamic offensive player BUT the reason the Bulls were able to succeed was because they had a great defense to cover up for Rose. When he got to the knicks he still had the offense but his lack of defense msde it not matter. Now im Not suggesting Frank is quite there yet but he is improving and his defende is already top notch
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
10/5/2018  3:06 PM
He strikes me as a Nate McMillan type, but don't know if that's how his career goes.

Let's just say the Knicks sign Kemba Walker and THJr is the SG, doesn't Frank make a lot of sense as the defensive backup to both? Does he even make more sense if Kristaps is option 1, a Kemba (or whoever) is 2, Knox is 3, whoever they draft next year may be 4. However you work it, he's shown a lot of poise, smarts, and defense for a 19 year old. That only gets better with maturity and could be an important piece of the future.

I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
knicks1248
10/5/2018  4:36 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Come on dude be honest at least. Frank has been much more aggressive considering in the preseason most guys arent playing a big number of minutes. So far he has only passed up 1 shot which i mentioned during the first game. He has been shooting threes and making them. True he hasnt gone to the FT line HOWEVER he has been driving to the hoop and making buckets. The FT will come.

he did look a little more aggressive, but when i look at his highlights from last season, he had a few those games where he showed aggressiveness on to resort back to who he is.

It a reason why Fiz said I'm a let this kid be who he is

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/5/2018  4:49 PM
Frank was drafted as a 6'5 19 yr old with a 7ft wingspan who was still growing. Who posses high character, strong work ethic, dedication to his craft. With exposure to a professional environment as a teen. An assortment of potential skills from shooting to handling. With ready made defensive ability.

The people that seem to be most critical of him tend to have the common trait of pigeon holding him to a position. Yet Frank's best trait will be his flexibility and the multiple options he gives his coach.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  4:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2018  4:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

he did look a little more aggressive, but when i look at his highlights from last season, he had a few those games where he showed aggressiveness on to resort back to who he is.

Jesus Christ, forget about last season. He was a rookie one of the youngest in the league trying to get used to the NBA. I mean Burke who is 6 years older in the G League last year. That would be a bigger issue. So i think you can cut a teenager some slack. Frank showed more aggresiveness at the end of last season,in Summer League,and so far in preseason
StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  4:52 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank was drafted as a 6'5 19 yr old with a 7ft wingspan who was still growing. Who posses high character, strong work ethic, dedication to his craft. With exposure to a professional environment as a teen. An assortment of potential skills from shooting to handling. With ready made defensive ability.

The people that seem to be most critical of him tend to have the common trait of pigeon holding him to a position. Yet Frank's best trait will be his flexibility and the multiple options he gives his coach.

This. Playing multiple positions is more of an asset rather than a flaw.
knicks1248
10/5/2018  5:01 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Jesus Christ, forget about last season. He was a rookie one of the youngest in the league trying to get used to the NBA. I mean Burke who is 6 years older in the G League last year. That would be a bigger issue. So i think you can cut a teenager some slack. Frank showed more aggresiveness at the end of last season,in Summer League,and so far in preseason

Look dude, i know you want the best for the kid, and I do as well, I get pumped when I see him being aggressive, but I'll just let it play out. Right now he is a defensive player, not much more after that.

ES
StarksEwing1

10/5/2018  5:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Look dude, i know you want the best for the kid, and I do as well, I get pumped when I see him being aggressive, but I'll just let it play out. Right now he is a defensive player, not much more after that.

again when you say just a defensive player its important what you mean. If you mean right now his defense is stronger then you are absolutely right. If you mean he doesnt have offensive skills or wont then you are dead wrong.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/5/2018  8:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:My biggest problem with him is he doesn't run when he gets the ball...like ever, I mean you look at Knox after a rebound, he's coast to coast, not waiting for the d to set up. Knox (a sf/pf) has had more fast breaks in 2 preseason games that frank has had in a yr.

I sat right behind the Knicks bench at the wizard game and you would not believe how many time the coaching staff told him to pick up the pace, just go and stop thinking. He's a half court player and there's no changing that.

I think they need to play him a SF, he's long enough, probably not strong enough yet but I don't seem as NBA pg by any stretch, and he need to avg 12 to 15 attempts per game to play the 2g.

Frank can play the 2 if he can hit an open shot and we get a more offensive minded PG.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/6/2018  12:16 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank was drafted as a 6'5 19 yr old with a 7ft wingspan who was still growing. Who posses high character, strong work ethic, dedication to his craft. With exposure to a professional environment as a teen. An assortment of potential skills from shooting to handling. With ready made defensive ability.

ay man brothah - Perfect positionless player, who can contribute everyday, doesn't need to be "on".

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/6/2018  8:50 AM

I think he has been pigeon holed into a position because he was drafted as the point guard of the future. Fiz seems to be moving away from that label quickly. He can play a little point, not gonna box him in etc. I am fine with him being a swiss army knife type of player and I think that suits him. I think the criticism is from his lack of full time type point guard skills and aggression on offense. Take away the franchise point guard label and he is a nice player. I am glad he isn't getting force fed point guard minutes anymore.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

10/6/2018  8:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/6/2018  8:55 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

I think he has been pigeon holed into a position because he was drafted as the point guard of the future. Fiz seems to be moving away from that label quickly. He can play a little point, not gonna box him in etc. I am fine with him being a swiss army knife type of player and I think that suits him. I think the criticism is from his lack of full time type point guard skills and aggression on offense. Take away the franchise point guard label and he is a nice player. I am glad he isn't getting force fed point guard minutes anymore.
I feel he is still being aggressive. Even last night he had a quiet night on the scoresheet but was still driving. Mudiay had a more extended look which was fine because we know frank and burke are locks for good playing time. Also Frank was pushing the ball too which he has shown too
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy