[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank haters can suck it
Author Thread
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

2/28/2021  5:37 PM
KnickDanger wrote:His biggest issue has been injuries that put him two steps back after two steps forward. The last couple of games are a first step out of the dog house or quarantine or whatever Thibs had going there. I truly believe if Frank can stay healthy he will be a significant contributor. But based on history I will be hopeful but not in denial.

You're fully right!
Bottom line is this Phil J pick can only stay around to grow his skills if he's on court
In a rotation or getting minute's to work up to being more
Healthy.

He got decent attitude and two way skills to aid our Knickerbockers.

However as all this Post glorifies Frank's talent
Unfortunately he's useless if going to be IL
MORE than on court player off bench? Or needed
Starter 2 way player.

Always like his grit in poor knicks seasons 😢 but
He can only shine in rotation if he's healthy in NBA Season.

*a problem !

We'll see since I'm sure he's gonna be in NBA Demand talks from other teams.

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
AUTOADVERT
Juliano
Member: #7589

2/28/2021  5:47 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:His biggest issue has been injuries that put him two steps back after two steps forward. The last couple of games are a first step out of the dog house or quarantine or whatever Thibs had going there. I truly believe if Frank can stay healthy he will be a significant contributor. But based on history I will be hopeful but not in denial.

You're fully right!
Bottom line is this Phil J pick can only stay around to grow his skills if he's on court
Healthy.

Starter 2 way player.

Always like his grit in poor knicks seasons 😢 but

*a problem !

Is it just me or was reading this a bit of a struggle?

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/28/2021  5:50 PM
Juliano wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:
You're fully right!
Healthy.

Starter 2 way player.

Always like his grit in poor knicks seasons but

*a problem !

It's not you.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

3/1/2021  5:19 AM

Besides the injuries his confidence was crushed by Fizz who absolutely hated him and played stuffs like Wayne Ellington and Emmanuel Mudiay over him

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/1/2021  9:35 AM
Philc1 wrote:

Besides the injuries his confidence was crushed by Fizz who absolutely hated him and played stuffs like Wayne Ellington and Emmanuel Mudiay over him

F@#king Fiz.....
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/1/2021  10:46 AM
b
Panos wrote:
Juliano wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:
You're fully right!
Healthy.

Starter 2 way player.

*a problem !

It's not you.

I can never tell if he's trying to mix haikus with iambic pentameter or he's just high and spell check is bailing him out slightly.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/1/2021  10:57 AM
jrodmc wrote:b
Panos wrote:
Juliano wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:
You're fully right!
Healthy.

Starter 2 way player.

*a problem !

It's not you.

I can never tell if he's trying to mix haikus with iambic pentameter or he's just high and spell check is bailing him out slightly.

Haha, nailed it.

DJMUSIC speaks in his own tongue; we may not fully get it but it stands strong

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

3/3/2021  11:48 PM
Thibs and the rest of us will have 1 more game to look at Frank before the all-star break. The front office has a decision to make at the point guard spot as the trade deadline nears.its very likely that after the break Payton would have fully recovered from his hamstring injury. The 3 players to look at leading to the trade deadline at the PG spot are Rivers, Frank and Payton. What direction will the FO take? Are they hoping that with the recent games Frank played how small the sample size is that his trade value will go up enough to pull the trigger? Or will they look to find a taker for Payton? I do hope its the latter. I also think Rivers is on his last legs on this team and will likely be traded as well.

I hope the knicks can settle with a point guard rotation of Rose(starter), IQ, and Frank for the second half of tge season.

Panos
Member: #520
3/4/2021  12:29 AM
31 pages and counting. I still think this thread should be stickied
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/4/2021  8:07 AM
Payton has a NTC but a small salary. Injuries happen and we should keep him. Rivers paid about 4mm and team options after. We can release him or small trade and cut a player in return. We might need help at back up center, or maybe we bringing Iggy back?
Frank seems to be were he left off in December. I think Rivers by logic and optics of his lack of visibility is the man out.
MS
Member: #724
3/4/2021  8:42 AM
I wouldn’t mind seeing Frank at the 3. He’s not a natural playmaker, but his shot has looked good from the outside.

Not seeing much of a difference between him and Bullock. Frank should be able to get off 6 threes a night spotting up in that roll.

Our schedule is brutal and I think we fall back to earth unless we make a trade for Dipo which I see happening soon.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/4/2021  9:34 AM
MS wrote:I wouldn’t mind seeing Frank at the 3. He’s not a natural playmaker, but his shot has looked good from the outside.

Not seeing much of a difference between him and Bullock. Frank should be able to get off 6 threes a night spotting up in that roll.

Our schedule is brutal and I think we fall back to earth unless we make a trade for Dipo which I see happening soon.

how would trading for a guy who's hurt and has played terrible help the Knicks?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
3/4/2021  9:37 AM
Rose demonstrates great playmaking. Former HOF an still has chops. He gets the offense going. Elf to a far lessor degree but he too is aggressive going to the rim or pull up for a shot jumper.
This is not franks game. SAS game you saw he was far more effective off the ball.
IQ for that matter has the offensive chops but he is far more focused on his shot. Not a bad thing, but he is not a natural PG at this time. Not to say it does not get better. He is so good at creating but he is not cognizant of some things. Its why he is better on the 2nd line. For now. He too might be better long term off the ball.
Frank was OK last year at the PG but Thibs has a different schematic.
I can’t draw conclusions as to what should be beyond the all star break. Rose should start and thats obvious. Frank/IQ with OBI is not awful and it develops them. Some eye towards the future.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/4/2021  12:10 PM
Nalod wrote:Rose demonstrates great playmaking. Former HOF an still has chops. He gets the offense going. Elf to a far lessor degree but he too is aggressive going to the rim or pull up for a shot jumper.
This is not franks game. SAS game you saw he was far more effective off the ball.
IQ for that matter has the offensive chops but he is far more focused on his shot. Not a bad thing, but he is not a natural PG at this time. Not to say it does not get better. He is so good at creating but he is not cognizant of some things. Its why he is better on the 2nd line. For now. He too might be better long term off the ball.
I can’t draw conclusions as to what should be beyond the all star break. Rose should start and thats obvious. Frank/IQ with OBI is not awful and it develops them. Some eye towards the future.

I agree. Payton game is not team friendly. He pounds that rock and looks for his shot first. His game is like kryptonite to RJ. No bueno.

I love Frank but right now, I think you are right that he should be in the Bullock role.

IQ is the wildcard in all this. Dude can definitely play at a high level. Just needs some seasoning.

Uptown
Member: #1883

3/4/2021  12:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2021  4:14 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Nalod wrote:Rose demonstrates great playmaking. Former HOF an still has chops. He gets the offense going. Elf to a far lessor degree but he too is aggressive going to the rim or pull up for a shot jumper.

I agree. Payton game is not team friendly. He pounds that rock and looks for his shot first. His game is like kryptonite to RJ. No bueno.

I love Frank but right now, I think you are right that he should be in the Bullock role.

IQ is the wildcard in all this. Dude can definitely play at a high level. Just needs some seasoning.

Everything in the bold can be said about Payton as well. When he drives to the basket; he's looking to shoot. Rose will drive, collapse the defense and kick it out to open shooters.

It's clear that the coaching staff has given IQ a certain role and that's to provide instant offense within the 15-18 mins he's going to get off the bench. On more than one occasion, I have seen Quick get into the paint and turn down an opportunity to shoot and instead has kicked it back out. When this happens, Thibs has his child-like tantrum on the sidelines, upset that IQ didn't shoot it. I think IQ can be our pg of the future if he's given and expanded role. We will never know unless he's given a chance. He did a good job being an actual facilitator in the 4th quarter against the Bulls in the first game of the back to back and when he closed against Atlanta....

Agreed with both of you...Frank can definitely play the Reggie Bullock, 3 & D role...

Nalod
USA
3/4/2021  1:55 PM
we basically play with three wings and call one a PG when Randle is not controlling the ball.
Frank is shooting over .50% on his threes!!!! LOL, relax, just a few games in.........
Whats cool is that mid range jumper of a curl that we have seen videos of him practice and he nails it. Fun stuff.
That wingspan makes it hard for others to block it.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/4/2021  2:37 PM
Uptown wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Everything in the bold can be said about Payton as well. When he drives to the basket; he's looking to shoot. Rose will drive, collapse the defense and kick it out to open shooters.

It's clear that the coaching staff has given IQ a certain role and that's to provide instant offense within the 15-18 mins he's going to get off the bench. On more than one occasion, I have seen Quick get into the paint and turn down an opportunity to shoot and instead has kicked it back out. When this happens, Thibs has his child-like tantrum on the sidelines, upset that IQ didn't shoot it. I think IQ can be our pg of the future if he's given and expanded role. He did a good job being an actual facilitator in the 4th quarter against the Bulls in the first game of the back to back and when he closed against Atlanta....

Agreed with both of you...Frank can definitely play the Reggie Bullock, 3 & D role...

and backup PG... maybe. Always hoped Frank would fill the Marcus Smart role for us
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Uptown
Member: #1883

3/4/2021  4:13 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

It's clear that the coaching staff has given IQ a certain role and that's to provide instant offense within the 15-18 mins he's going to get off the bench. On more than one occasion, I have seen Quick get into the paint and turn down an opportunity to shoot and instead has kicked it back out. When this happens, Thibs has his child-like tantrum on the sidelines, upset that IQ didn't shoot it. I think IQ can be our pg of the future if he's given and expanded role. He did a good job being an actual facilitator in the 4th quarter against the Bulls in the first game of the back to back and when he closed against Atlanta....

and backup PG... maybe. Always hoped Frank would fill the Marcus Smart role for us

Either way, he can be a secondary ball handler. Loved the way he got his points and was a factor with low usage numbers...Frank looks different this year. No hesitation on his shot and he's shooting it like he knows its going in. I'm curious to see what Thibs will do with Frank once Payton returns. I will be disappointed if he he goes back to collecting DNP's...

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/4/2021  5:01 PM
A true high quality starting floor general PG.

Pushing Rose to be a high end back up.
Allowing Quickley & Frank more time on the wing rather than asked to handle pg duties.

Would make the team a 45+ win team with young players only getting better in it.

I just don't know who that PG is that can be had, Lowry?

Ball has come on very strong this past month

15 games
16.5pts 4.5rebs 5.5ast - 45.5 fg% 45.9 3pt% 84.6 ft%

If available, he like Randle may be worth the gamble. Still has high end potential.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Kemet
Member: #6148

3/5/2021  1:17 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:A true high quality starting floor general PG.

Pushing Rose to be a high end back up.
Allowing Quickley & Frank more time on the wing rather than asked to handle pg duties.

Would make the team a 45+ win team with young players only getting better in it.

I just don't know who that PG is that can be had, Lowry?

Ball has come on very strong this past month

15 games
16.5pts 4.5rebs 5.5ast - 45.5 fg% 45.9 3pt% 84.6 ft%

If available, he like Randle may be worth the gamble. Still has high end potential.

Watching the Heats vs Pelicans game .. Kenny Smith said it several times tonight, "There's no PG in the new NBA!" .... The Pelicans have Bledsoe Lonzo and Hart in the same line-up, while Ingram waist clock dribbling. The Heat have Dragic Nunn and Butler in the same lineup looking for Herro

Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy