[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank haters can suck it
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/23/2020  9:49 AM
Rainman pile on after a bad stretch. Drunk uncle happy.
Give up on him after 5 games where he played with the Groin thing. Smooth.
His plus 5 last night was actually pretty good. His dunk attempt actually spurred the team to a lead.
One of the few knicks that can actually have a good game without scoring. If you see the game you know what Im talking about.
If your boxscore reading, it looks bad. If you saw his penetrations were amped up and he had a few great passes because of it.
Players that are trying to play out of a comfort zone sometimes do this. Its called uneven progress.
Frank played with a different level of aggression last night. You don't start dunking on 7footers over night. I love that he tried it.
He is taking it to the rim over those last 5 games.

Does this mean we don't try to improve? Of course not. Just not after a bad shooting night.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/23/2020  10:39 AM
Panos wrote:I think it's time we concede that Frank is not going to succeed in this league.
0 for 8 last night, 20% over his last 5 games. He's a minimum contest player at best.
feel free. Im good. He's 21 and struggling. I'm good with waiting on all these guys until. Knox, DSjr, Mitch, Trier.. all are unknowns and unproven. All are under rookie contracts. I am not basing my roster around the future of Frank or any of these guys for that matter, but time to concede? Pass
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/23/2020  10:56 AM
fishmike wrote:
Panos wrote:I think it's time we concede that Frank is not going to succeed in this league.
0 for 8 last night, 20% over his last 5 games. He's a minimum contest player at best.
feel free. Im good. He's 21 and struggling. I'm good with waiting on all these guys until. Knox, DSjr, Mitch, Trier.. all are unknowns and unproven. All are under rookie contracts. I am not basing my roster around the future of Frank or any of these guys for that matter, but time to concede? Pass

yup

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/23/2020  11:06 AM
Nalod wrote:Rainman pile on after a bad stretch. Drunk uncle happy.
His plus 5 last night was actually pretty good. His dunk attempt actually spurred the team to a lead.
One of the few knicks that can actually have a good game without scoring. If you see the game you know what Im talking about.
If your boxscore reading, it looks bad. If you saw his penetrations were amped up and he had a few great passes because of it.
Players that are trying to play out of a comfort zone sometimes do this. Its called uneven progress.
Frank played with a different level of aggression last night. You don't start dunking on 7footers over night. I love that he tried it.

Does this mean we don't try to improve? Of course not. Just not after a bad shooting night.

A bad stretch..HAHAHAHA... so is Malik monk.

thanks I needed that laugh..

ES
houston20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8797

1/23/2020  11:12 AM
I think its time to trade frank if it is for monk so be it and i don't care he not improving offensively or defensively. Frank can go to charlotte and be with his buddy batum or can to piston be with friend sekou his choice.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/23/2020  11:19 AM

I think he'll find his niche as a defensive backup PG

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/23/2020  11:24 AM
houston20 wrote:I think its time to trade frank if it is for monk so be it and i don't care he not improving offensively or defensively. Frank can go to charlotte and be with his buddy batum or can to piston be with friend sekou his choice.

Agree. Was thinking sending DSJr, he's also from NC, but Frank makes more sense. Better chance of getting a pick for DSJr than Frank, if Smith jr. is moved.

houston20

1/23/2020  11:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2020  11:42 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
houston20 wrote:I think its time to trade frank if it is for monk so be it and i don't care he not improving offensively or defensively. Frank can go to charlotte and be with his buddy batum or can to piston be with friend sekou his choice.

Agree. Was thinking sending DSJr, he's also from NC, but Frank makes more sense. Better chance of getting a pick for DSJr than Frank, if Smith jr. is moved.

More i think about it trade dsj over to charlotte for monk be in his home state but also trade frank too the piston for a draft pick.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/23/2020  11:42 AM
houston20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

More i think about it trade dsj over to charlotte for monk be in his home state but also trade frank too the piston for a draft pick.

whatever

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/23/2020  12:42 PM

0-8, but his *missed* dunk spurred the team on?
My, how far low the bar has fallen. Do you realize how desperate that sounds?
Did we give Charles Smith credit for "trying" when he missed 4 layups against the Bulls?

Panos
1/23/2020  12:44 PM
And what's up with the name calling, Nalod? I thought this wasn't that kind of website.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/23/2020  1:02 PM
Panos wrote:

Did we give Charles Smith credit for "trying" when he missed 4 layups against the Bulls?

He was FUCKING FOULED!

Panos
1/23/2020  1:41 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Panos wrote:

He was FUCKING FOULED!

Mother****er was 6 foot 12! He needed to stuff that **** down!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/23/2020  2:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2020  2:18 PM
Panos wrote:

Team built a lead. Frank and Mitch were positive 5. Know who else was positive? Nobody. He goes o-8 and The second unit did real well in the second period.
Dotson got hot. Few games ago he was anyting but. How it goes. Did you see the dunk attempt? It was in traffic and would have posterized Dwight Howard.
Our little Passive Frenchie is growing up. Was it a Charles smith moment? Hardly.

Frank played 12 minutes. He is wearing arm sleaves now? Maybe he has an injury or the groin again? He was plus 5 in his brief time. Defense matters.
Whose name calling BTW? "Rainman" and "Drunk Uncle" are thread descriptors.

Frank went after KP. Clearly a foul right there. Nobody is crowning him a star but how do you not root for this 21 year old.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/23/2020  2:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2020  2:20 PM
Panos wrote:

To be fair, the dunk attempt did increase the energy in the crowd and the team rode that wave for a nice little while.

But to also be fair 0-8 is not just bad shooting. It is bottom of the barrel. Make 2 shots and its still a bad shooting night but a whole different GAME!

Frank has his positive attributes which his mom dad and most folks on UK won't hesitate to point out.
But his GLARING EFFING HOLES they somehow are oblivious to.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/23/2020  2:22 PM
"how do you not root for a 21 year old"

This is so wrong. I root for him, of course. Nobody is hoping he fails. I want all his shots to go in. When they don't it's something to discuss, no?

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
houston20

1/23/2020  2:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2020  2:59 PM
Sambakick wrote:"how do you not root for a 21 year old"

This is so wrong. I root for him, of course. Nobody is hoping he fails. I want all his shots to go in. When they don't it's something to discuss, no?

I like frank the person to he nice good manner guy but basketball player is different story. I think fans think bashing frank the person then frank the basketball player which people have misunderstanding. Nobody is saying frank is this bad person he doesn't have character issues and i said this during draft day i would take frank over lonzo ball because lonzo ball and his family is going to cause drama and i was right about that. But getting back to topic if someone bashes frank bad player your not being fair that's what's gets annoying about the frank fans you can't do fair criticism for the kid. I will give you example of different player like mitch robinson and i say mitch robinson commits stupid fouls almost everybody agree if you say frank isn't playing well when he is not playing well you get bashed for no reason like on other boards realgm. I used to be on realgm but that group on that board are to immature especially mods you bash frank realgm your banned.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/23/2020  3:00 PM
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:

Team built a lead. Frank and Mitch were positive 5. Know who else was positive? Nobody. He goes o-8 and The second unit did real well in the second period.
Dotson got hot. Few games ago he was anyting but. How it goes. Did you see the dunk attempt? It was in traffic and would have posterized Dwight Howard.
Our little Passive Frenchie is growing up. Was it a Charles smith moment? Hardly.

Frank played 12 minutes. He is wearing arm sleaves now? Maybe he has an injury or the groin again? He was plus 5 in his brief time. Defense matters.
Whose name calling BTW? "Rainman" and "Drunk Uncle" are thread descriptors.

Frank went after KP. Clearly a foul right there. Nobody is crowning him a star but how do you not root for this 21 year old.

he went after Howard last night. Now going after upper echelon shot blockers might be a questionable tactic but totally like the change in attitude. If this is what he needs to do to draw fouls I'm all for it

Somepoint soon Miller should be telling him to try doing that on the shorter guys, though.

(5)(5)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/23/2020  3:30 PM
Sambakick wrote:
Panos wrote:

To be fair, the dunk attempt did increase the energy in the crowd and the team rode that wave for a nice little while.

But to also be fair 0-8 is not just bad shooting. It is bottom of the barrel. Make 2 shots and its still a bad shooting night but a whole different GAME!

Frank has his positive attributes which his mom dad and most folks on UK won't hesitate to point out.
But his GLARING EFFING HOLES they somehow are oblivious to.

horse****. Who here is saying that? Who here is saying Frank is playing well? Please show me the quote. Being patient with a 21 year old who was def a project is not the same as "Frank is great and has no holes in his game."

He's been a BAD NBA player. What we have seen this year is he's playing at a faster speed. Eye test looks better also. I heard a good comparison today... Marcus Smart. Maybe he ends up (this is a hope as his play is NOT there YET) being a key rotation guy like Smart. Plays backup PG. Good crunch time player... Frank's supporters like his intangibles. I think EVERYONE agree's he's gotta play better for those intangibles to matter. Show me different

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/23/2020  5:19 PM
Tiring subject. Frank is what he is. Getting slightly better. Biggest focus should now be on what we can get for our short term rentals. That and if should keep Randle and/or Morris? Just don't think our 21 year olds are worth all this scrutiny. They are not exactly costing the Knicks all their savings. One or two more years should be enough to say if we need to move on from them. Now if we need to include them to get a proven star. Good luck to them and we will be happy to root for them at the next location.

It will be interesting to see if we sell at the deadline. If we do, then we should get a good look at some of those young question marks.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy