Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/14/2018  1:28 PM
Nalod wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:NBK does a good breakdown.
Coaches will break down the game. No doubt Frank needs to drop some shots but the shyt show that was the game was done without Frank.
Team generally does not break down into blow out with him on the floor.

For a 20 year old when a fan defines frank with the words "He will always".....It's lost on me. Just like I can't say "Frank will....."
Its a process. Im sure the coaches been breaking down film and Fiz sees the good, bad and Ugly with Frank and everyone else.
Much more than any other fan. Kudo's to NBK for doing this. As a fan its informative. As a poster it makes Rainman1248 look even more ignorant. Not that he needs help.

exactly. It’s way to early to put a label on frank as a finished product. For most players it’s a process that can take a few years. Look at Timmy. He is having his best year so far after being in the league for 5-6 years and having many ups and downs.

And timmy knows too what he is doing wrong. The more money paid the more magnified fans make it.
With Melo it was host of things. To us it was mostly shooting percentage.

What fiz might have been doing was pulling Frank but letting the other guys play and perhaps he needed to see things on the floor without frank. We see it punishment or who can be a hero.
Here and other places we read "frank is not American enough, too Euro, not wired right, not a diva, not aggressive, too French".
Nalod has to maybe have an opinion? OK, maybe he puts too much energy into being really really good at defense, blocking shots, and his assignment that his energy for scoring is not even? Jabari Parker is the opposite. He knows he don't get paid for doing what frank does.
We have seen frank do nice things in small batches and those U18 videos were nice. I'd say he not developing evenly but the glass is half full or empty. 94 pro games and age 20 warrant getting frustrated? To me he looks better than Fultz! He at least is doing many things well!!

Yes. Look I have always been honest about Frank. He definetly needs to get to a point of more aggressiveness on the offensive end. We have seen flashes but need it to get to a more consistent level. However he still provides a lot of positive things that don’t necessarily show up a the scoresheet.
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/14/2018  2:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Frank can be awesome starting tonight if he wants. His lack of aggresion is entirely in his mindset. If he finds it in him to change it, we’ll get the guy we all think we can see. If he doesn’t, then more of the same.

He takes lousy long range low percentage shots, why the hell you think he's shooting 34%, take the damn ball to the basket, Stop playing like a passive schmuck on wheels and grow a pair, you don't have to work at NASA to figure that out.

Or maybe his game and mind set is just suited for International play

While he does need to take it to the rack more. I don't believe its due to him being afraid of contact. Can't be afraid of contact yet fight as hard as he does through screens and fight as hard as he does when challenging forwards on the switch. Also not an "international" thing. (pretty ignorant statement, but what's new) Many international players have the art of getting the the FT line down.

To me it comes down lack of confidence in his ability to finish. VS Toronto he had a one on one swtich vs Siakam. Court was practically cleared out with perfect spacing to attempt something either by looking to beat Siakam off the dribble for a drive and kick or layup or jumper or something. Siakam sagged off him just a little preparing for him to drive at least as that would be what most guards in that situation would have done. And after 3 dribbles he passed the ball back out to the top of the key. No confidence in his ability to beat Siakam off the dribble and no confidence to take the 3 point shot with the space Siakam gave him.

Again this question is how does he go from willing to go after Klay Thompson who is a pretty damn good defender and utilize quality handle and footwork to get good shots off on him. To having no confidence in even his open looks let alone be willing to attack a one on one mathcup?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/14/2018  3:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2018  3:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Frank can be awesome starting tonight if he wants. His lack of aggresion is entirely in his mindset. If he finds it in him to change it, we’ll get the guy we all think we can see. If he doesn’t, then more of the same.

He takes lousy long range low percentage shots, why the hell you think he's shooting 34%, take the damn ball to the basket, Stop playing like a passive schmuck on wheels and grow a pair, you don't have to work at NASA to figure that out.

While he does need to take it to the rack more. I don't believe its due to him being afraid of contact. Can't be afraid of contact yet fight as hard as he does through screens and fight as hard as he does when challenging forwards on the switch. Also not an "international" thing. (pretty ignorant statement, but what's new) Many international players have the art of getting the the FT line down.

To me it comes down lack of confidence in his ability to finish. VS Toronto he had a one on one swtich vs Siakam. Court was practically cleared out with perfect spacing to attempt something either by looking to beat Siakam off the dribble for a drive and kick or layup or jumper or something. Siakam sagged off him just a little preparing for him to drive at least as that would be what most guards in that situation would have done. And after 3 dribbles he passed the ball back out to the top of the key. No confidence in his ability to beat Siakam off the dribble and no confidence to take the 3 point shot with the space Siakam gave him.

Again this question is how does he go from willing to go after Klay Thompson who is a pretty damn good defender and utilize quality handle and footwork to get good shots off on him. To having no confidence in even his open looks let alone be willing to attack a one on one mathcup?

Franks getting over screen has nothing to do with him being a aggressive on defensive(you can barely breath on somebody without getting a whistle)..The dudes arms damn near touch the floor, and his long strides helps him cover ground quicker than most..

You sound very ignorant if you think getting to the FT line is why I stated his game could just be suited for where he learned how to play..You think AAU and International ball or the same...wake up dude an understand what im talking about

That's Frank

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/14/2018  3:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Coaches will break down the game. No doubt Frank needs to drop some shots but the shyt show that was the game was done without Frank.

For a 20 year old when a fan defines frank with the words "He will always".....It's lost on me. Just like I can't say "Frank will....."
Its a process. Im sure the coaches been breaking down film and Fiz sees the good, bad and Ugly with Frank and everyone else.
Much more than any other fan. Kudo's to NBK for doing this. As a fan its informative. As a poster it makes Rainman1248 look even more ignorant. Not that he needs help.

He's soft, passive ass player i don't give a fck how old he is, he plays with no confidence and scared to death..Dude is a international french player, WTH do you expect..

You are right, all this Germans, Latvians, Lithuanians, Turks, and Serbians suck...
If he would be American French dude this will be another story...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/14/2018  6:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Franks getting over screen has nothing to do with him being a aggressive on defensive(you can barely breath on somebody without getting a whistle)..The dudes arms damn near touch the floor, and his long strides helps him cover ground quicker than most..

You sound very ignorant if you think getting to the FT line is why I stated his game could just be suited for where he learned how to play..You think AAU and International ball or the same...wake up dude an understand what im talking about

That's Frank

Dude your hate for the kid shines through. And don't respond with some horse**** about "I don't hate Frank....".
You don't really care about good basketball you care about scoring. Frank makes the team better when he is on the floor. But you think people should be judged based on whether they can take it to the hoop or not. There's a few of you out the that have harped on this from day one, you guys hate him because Phil picked him over your precious Dennis Smith. And from that it has evolved into this level of loathing.

Guess what? Frank's gonna be around for a long time, get used to it.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/14/2018  6:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That's Frank

Your first sentence doesn't even make sense. I'm assuming you meant offense and not defense? His arms are why he is able to fight over screens now smh, More ignorance. Players expioiting physical advantages goes hand in hand in basketball. But Frank if you feel Frank on defense is strictly due to long arms then I don't know what to tell you.

As for his Euro game. Even more ignorance. He is performing poorly just like Malik Monk and Fultz and Ball. DSJ also has been underachieving getting his mins reduced and has been steadly losong PG responsibility. Are they underachieving due to their AAU background or does that logic only work for Euros? Luca has been able to come in and ball out immediately with his Euro style.

Frank is struggling beacuse of Frank's own individual issues. Just like Monk and Fultz and Ball etc are all struggling with all their own individual issues.

Ricky Rubio's and Tony Parker's seem to have done well pretty well for themselves given their Euro games.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/14/2018  7:44 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That's Frank

Dude your hate for the kid shines through. And don't respond with some horse**** about "I don't hate Frank....".
You don't really care about good basketball you care about scoring. Frank makes the team better when he is on the floor. But you think people should be judged based on whether they can take it to the hoop or not. There's a few of you out the that have harped on this from day one, you guys hate him because Phil picked him over your precious Dennis Smith. And from that it has evolved into this level of loathing.

hit the nail on the head. Also he has basically admitted defense isnt really important so that gives you an idea how much he knows lol
awe1028
Member: #2780

11/14/2018  10:06 PM

This. The narrative that Frank has not improved his utter nonsense. Frank has continued to play well in the areas he has already proven to be very good defense PG duties running offense etc. He has also improved in the area he was most criticized - being more aggressive.

The problem is that Frank has shot historically badly and that poor shooting completely overshadows the other positives that he brings.

Its been 9 games since Fizdale installed Frank as the starting PG. He has three games in which he has generally thought to have played well and 6 games (6 of the last 7 games) he has played badly.
In the 3 "good games" he averaged 16 ppg on 47% from the field (16/34) and 50% (8/16) from 3. In the six bad games he shot less than 25% from the field (9/37) and 1/19 from 3 - that is 5.3 % !!!

These numbers as mentioned above show that when he has shot just reasonably the perception is that he has played well while the the awful shooting skews the perception of him to the negative. Frank needs to improve his shooting no question but this idea that he has not improved is just nonsense.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/15/2018  12:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2018  7:47 AM
Time for threads ragging on Knox. That dude can not shoot. At least Frank is an elite defender Knox is just brutal
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/15/2018  6:02 AM
Jmpasq wrote:Time for threads ragging on Knox. That dude can not shoot. At least Frank is an elite thread Knox is just brutal

Frank is entering his second pro season.

Knox is just starting his pro career after being out with an injury.

Both under 21. Both promising with lots to work on their games.

Come on now.

Knicks_Fan
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
11/15/2018  12:46 PM
awe1028 wrote:

This. The narrative that Frank has not improved his utter nonsense. Frank has continued to play well in the areas he has already proven to be very good defense PG duties running offense etc. He has also improved in the area he was most criticized - being more aggressive.

The problem is that Frank has shot historically badly and that poor shooting completely overshadows the other positives that he brings.

Its been 9 games since Fizdale installed Frank as the starting PG. He has three games in which he has generally thought to have played well and 6 games (6 of the last 7 games) he has played badly.
In the 3 "good games" he averaged 16 ppg on 47% from the field (16/34) and 50% (8/16) from 3. In the six bad games he shot less than 25% from the field (9/37) and 1/19 from 3 - that is 5.3 % !!!

These numbers as mentioned above show that when he has shot just reasonably the perception is that he has played well while the the awful shooting skews the perception of him to the negative. Frank needs to improve his shooting no question but this idea that he has not improved is just nonsense.

Wait...so based on this post where has Frank improved again? Defense is about the same, shooting is worse per this thread, there's still no playmaking...not saying you are wrong but just trying to understand where you are coming from.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/15/2018  2:18 PM
I like Frank, think he should be starting and playing 30 min a game, and also think he has plenty of room for improvement

I'm wondering if we wouldn't have been better off trying to get Tony Parker or another vet as a mentor. Tony of course was a different style of player but I think cerebral enough to explain to Frank how to use his strengths.

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/15/2018  2:36 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That's Frank

hit the nail on the head. Also he has basically admitted defense isnt really important so that gives you an idea how much he knows lol

Yeah, because we all know Knox with his long arms and strides is already a natural fighting through screens. Technique and aggressiveness play no part whatsoever lol I can't say 1248 doesn't bring up good points from time to time, but he has Sith level hate for Frank.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
11/15/2018  4:09 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That's Frank

Yeah, because we all know Knox with his long arms and strides is already a natural fighting through screens. Technique and aggressiveness play no part whatsoever lol I can't say 1248 doesn't bring up good points from time to time, but he has Sith level hate for Frank.

As long as frank is in the rotation playing like that, we will continue to get blown out, and that's not good for him, The team, the coach and the FO, This goes for every player on the the whole team

If you for one minute believe that players get better by watching other players struggle, You're insane.

When you continue to lose, you start playing selfish (which we are seeing) you stop playing with effort (which we are seeing) and eventually you don't even give a fck, it becomes a habit, and the development is out the damn window like we saw under JH.

You take 1 struggling player coming from a losing environment like a (THJ) and you put him around a winning team like the (hawks) and watch his development progress increase significantly.

But you take 10 struggling players and put them together, WTF you think is going to happen

ES
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/15/2018  6:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That's Frank

As long as frank is in the rotation playing like that, we will continue to get blown out, and that's not good for him, The team, the coach and the FO, This goes for every player on the the whole team

If you for one minute believe that players get better by watching other players struggle, You're insane.

When you continue to lose, you start playing selfish (which we are seeing) you stop playing with effort (which we are seeing) and eventually you don't even give a fck, it becomes a habit, and the development is out the damn window like we saw under JH.

You take 1 struggling player coming from a losing environment like a (THJ) and you put him around a winning team like the (hawks) and watch his development progress increase significantly.

But you take 10 struggling players and put them together, WTF you think is going to happen

This is what you got out of watching games??? We are getting blown out because Frank is in the rotation?
Every fukking player on the team sucks ass and you have decided we are getting blown out because of the one guy playing defense at a high level? Go root for Dallas.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/15/2018  9:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2018  9:42 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That's Frank

This is what you got out of watching games??? We are getting blown out because Melo is in the rotation?
Every fukking player on the team sucks ass and you have decided we are getting blown out because of the one guy playing offense at a high level? I'll go root for Dallas.

Well said. But Dallas? Here you go.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
11/15/2018  10:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That's Frank

This is what you got out of watching games??? We are getting blown out because Frank is in the rotation?
Every fukking player on the team sucks ass and you have decided we are getting blown out because of the one guy playing defense at a high level? Go root for Dallas.

Thats exactly what im saying, you got struggling players learning from other struggling players.

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/20/2018  3:45 PM
Frank goals:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/23/2020  7:41 AM
I think it's time we concede that Frank is not going to succeed in this league.
0 for 8 last night, 20% over his last 5 games. He's a minimum contest player at best.
knicks1248
1/23/2020  8:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2020  8:35 AM
Panos wrote:I think it's time we concede that Frank is not going to succeed in this league.
0 for 8 last night, 20% over his last 5 games. He's a minimum contest player at best.

Those followers will talk about him being more aggressive, you know, his million dollar move and 10 cent finish

Last 10 games (month of jan) 22% from 3, 34% fG and we are 2 and 10 in those games..

One good game against UTAH

ES
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy