11/13/2018  3:01 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/13/2018  4:56 PM
I like when some try to suggest what is wrong with him and know the fix.
Rainman1248 is the best.
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

11/13/2018  6:46 PM
Nalod wrote:I like when some try to suggest what is wrong with him and know the fix.
Rainman1248 is the best.
his “junior high basketball “ experience trumps us all 😆
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/13/2018  7:47 PM
Nalod wrote:I like when some try to suggest what is wrong with him and know the fix.
Rainman1248 is the best.

Not for nothing, Nalod, but you have some Rainman qualities yourself.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/13/2018  7:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2018  7:59 PM
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:Dude is gonna have a break out year. He looks closer to everything we hoped for when he was drafted.

"He's too passive."

Frank is not only going to be huge part of this core, but he fits in fantastically with what we are trying to do. Knox looks like a straight up scorer. A bucket dropper. Hopefully he becomes a great 2-way but at worst he looks like he'll have some great scoring chops. So you have a scorer in Knox around 3 long and hopefully elite defensive guys with KP/Frank/Mitch.

Frank is such a difference maker. As this team gets better and goes into the playoffs Frank will easily be one of the most important guys. He's so good defensively he's a guy your going to put on the other teams's best scorer and I promise you the guy is going to have a tough series.

But yea... why take my word for it

Was this the biggest premature ejaculation thread of all time? All this jubilation on Oct 4?
Yeah, dude, he's still too passive. I don't see any improvement over last year. Sure he's still young, could still blossom, but right now it's not "haters" sucking it.

Yeah the last few weeks he has looked awful, no improvement at all from last year offensivly. Good chance Frank ends up a backup guard. Pretty much what i projected when he was drafted. Sucks, those first 2 games he started seem so long ago

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/13/2018  7:52 PM
Panos wrote:
Rainman1248 is the best.

Speaking of Rainman, what happened to diderot?

StarksEwing1

11/13/2018  8:36 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:Dude is gonna have a break out year. He looks closer to everything we hoped for when he was drafted.

"He's too passive."

Frank is not only going to be huge part of this core, but he fits in fantastically with what we are trying to do. Knox looks like a straight up scorer. A bucket dropper. Hopefully he becomes a great 2-way but at worst he looks like he'll have some great scoring chops. So you have a scorer in Knox around 3 long and hopefully elite defensive guys with KP/Frank/Mitch.

Frank is such a difference maker. As this team gets better and goes into the playoffs Frank will easily be one of the most important guys. He's so good defensively he's a guy your going to put on the other teams's best scorer and I promise you the guy is going to have a tough series.

But yea... why take my word for it

Was this the biggest premature ejaculation thread of all time? All this jubilation on Oct 4?
Yeah, dude, he's still too passive. I don't see any improvement over last year. Sure he's still young, could still blossom, but right now it's not "haters" sucking it.

Yeah the last few weeks he has looked awful, no improvement at all from last year offensivly. Good chance Frank ends up a backup guard. Pretty much what i projected when he was drafted. Sucks, those first 2 games he started seem so long ago

still a bit early. Only 20 years old. Lets wait to see later in the season. If there are still major issues then maybe its something we have to look at as a red flag
Nalod
USA
11/14/2018  6:43 AM
I recall Larry Browns tough love when he was here. He didn't coddle the young guys because they chose to be professionals and had to learn this is a mans game and dudes will rip you apart for your minutes and your money.
I can't pretend to know what makes him tick and thus what is holding him back if anything. At 20 there room to be hopeful and not close out his upside as a fan. He looks like a young 20. If his biology is still behind what others are at that age then patience might be key.
He might not be wired for the NBA. But when is that determined? By Rainman1248, his coach or GM?
Nalod
USA
11/14/2018  6:44 AM
Panos wrote:
Rainman1248 is the best.

For sure. WE are all Rainman.
Look in the mirror.

Nalod
USA
11/14/2018  6:46 AM
Panos wrote:
Panos wrote:
Rainman1248 is the best.

Speaking of Rainman, what happened to diderot?

Awesome throw back! Have not seen or thought of that one in a long time.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/14/2018  7:30 AM
Frank can be awesome starting tonight if he wants. His lack of aggresion is entirely in his mindset. If he finds it in him to change it, we’ll get the guy we all think we can see. If he doesn’t, then more of the same.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/14/2018  9:03 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Frank can be awesome starting tonight if he wants. His lack of aggresion is entirely in his mindset. If he finds it in him to change it, we’ll get the guy we all think we can see. If he doesn’t, then more of the same.

He takes lousy long range low percentage shots, why the hell you think he's shooting 34%, take the damn ball to the basket, Stop playing like a passive schmuck on wheels and grow a pair, you don't have to work at NASA to figure that out.

Or maybe his game and mind set is just suited for International play

ES
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

11/14/2018  11:02 AM
Frank is playing tight.....this is all mental...he does not have a shake and bake game, but he has the tools to compensate....he just needs to bring the fire....

Cleanthony Early played like this...tentative....he was a G-league star when he went down there, but come up to the big team and he is hesitant.

Frank will always have a shot in this league because of defense...but his full potential will not be reached unless he takes the chains off mentally.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

11/14/2018  11:04 AM
Nalod
USA
11/14/2018  11:27 AM
NBK does a good breakdown.
Coaches will break down the game. No doubt Frank needs to drop some shots but the shyt show that was the game was done without Frank.
Team generally does not break down into blow out with him on the floor.

For a 20 year old when a fan defines frank with the words "He will always".....It's lost on me. Just like I can't say "Frank will....."
Its a process. Im sure the coaches been breaking down film and Fiz sees the good, bad and Ugly with Frank and everyone else.
Much more than any other fan. Kudo's to NBK for doing this. As a fan its informative. As a poster it makes Rainman1248 look even more ignorant. Not that he needs help.

Juliano
Member: #7589

11/14/2018  11:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2018  11:50 AM
Problem with Frank is he seems to be someone who thrives on confidence but he is slow to build it and quick to lose it. I remember reading an interview with another french NBA player (can't place whom it was though) and when asked about the main difference between european and homegrown players he said it was mostly mental, that US players had that inner confidence they belonged here, that they could brick 10 straight shots yet still take the next without doubting whilst most europeans would have second thoughts.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/14/2018  11:50 AM
Juliano wrote:Problem with Frank is he seems to be someone who thrives on confidence but he is slow to build it and quick to lose it. I remember reading an interview with another french NBA player (can't place whom it was though) and when asked about the main difference between european and homegrown players he said it was mostly mental, that US players had that inner confidence they belonged here, that they could brick straight 10 shots yet still take the next without doubting whilst most europeans would have second thoughts.

That's the AAU mentality.

StarksEwing1

11/14/2018  12:18 PM
Nalod wrote:NBK does a good breakdown.
Coaches will break down the game. No doubt Frank needs to drop some shots but the shyt show that was the game was done without Frank.

For a 20 year old when a fan defines frank with the words "He will always".....It's lost on me. Just like I can't say "Frank will....."
Its a process. Im sure the coaches been breaking down film and Fiz sees the good, bad and Ugly with Frank and everyone else.
Much more than any other fan. Kudo's to NBK for doing this. As a fan its informative. As a poster it makes Rainman1248 look even more ignorant. Not that he needs help.

exactly. It’s way to early to put a label on frank as a finished product. For most players it’s a process that can take a few years. Look at Timmy. He is having his best year so far after being in the league for 5-6 years and having many ups and downs.
Nalod
USA
11/14/2018  12:35 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

exactly. It’s way to early to put a label on frank as a finished product. For most players it’s a process that can take a few years. Look at Timmy. He is having his best year so far after being in the league for 5-6 years and having many ups and downs.

And timmy knows too what he is doing wrong. The more money paid the more magnified fans make it.
With Melo it was host of things. To us it was mostly shooting percentage.

What fiz might have been doing was pulling Frank but letting the other guys play and perhaps he needed to see things on the floor without frank. We see it punishment or who can be a hero.
Here and other places we read "frank is not American enough, too Euro, not wired right, not a diva, not aggressive, too French".
Nalod has to maybe have an opinion? OK, maybe he puts too much energy into being really really good at defense, blocking shots, and his assignment that his energy for scoring is not even? Jabari Parker is the opposite. He knows he don't get paid for doing what frank does.
We have seen frank do nice things in small batches and those U18 videos were nice. I'd say he not developing evenly but the glass is half full or empty. 94 pro games and age 20 warrant getting frustrated? To me he looks better than Fultz! He at least is doing many things well!!

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/14/2018  12:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2018  12:41 PM

He's soft, passive ass player i don't give a fck how old he is, he plays with no confidence and scared to death..Dude is a international french player, WTH do you expect..

ES
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy