USA
10/19/2018  10:49 AM
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
the NY Post wrote:David Fizdale's decision to start Frank Ntilikina at the swing position paid off, and the coach didn't care an iota about Ntilikina;s modest five-point, one-assist, 2-of-7 showing. Ntilikina did what he did best: defend. He notched three steals, five rebounds, a block and one big deflection that created a fast-break hoop for Tim Hardaway Jr. in 33 minutes.

"I thought he played a great game," Fizdale said. "I know you don't see it on the stat sheet, but he really defended. It stood out. You can't say you didn't see it. He got after it. He made it tough " every catch, every entry pass, every shot was contested, every rotation was right. He's an elite defender."

It should be noted he scored the first bucket of the season " a 3-pointer after the Knicks missed their first nine shots. Fizdale came to town with a defensive reputation from the Pat Riley school, and the Knicks were active with ball pressure and created 12 steals. Fizdale loved the "effort level and communication" and commended Trey Burke and Ron Baker for "setting the tone, picking up the ball [early] every possession.";

He still had the worst +/- on the team. The team won by 20 pts and he was -2. That stat takes defense and ball moving into account, if I'm not mistaken.
I noticed that as well.

34 Minutes with Frank on the Floor Knicks -2
14 minutes Frank off the Floor Knicks +21

And I will wait for the spin

I mean your replying to a direct quote from the head coach lol.
I know... "the spin" comes from Fizdale.

But I will play. Did you watch the game? If you did you will notice the Knicks missed their first 8 shots. Frank was on the floor for that. Indeed it was Frank's 3 that started the offense. Then when the 2nd unit came in they, like the starters also struggled. Frank was the only starter on the floor, but he was there for the two stretches during the game the Knicks struggled. Its not that hard to figure out.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201810170NYK.html

Frank did have the 2nd highest defensive rating behind Mario. Eye test confirms as both guys were excellent on D and gave up very little.

So what you're saying is that Frank was the common denominator for bailing out the poor play when the rest of the Knicks sucked. Thanks for clarifying.

Fixed. And no probs
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/19/2018  10:59 AM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
the NY Post wrote:David Fizdale's decision to start Frank Ntilikina at the swing position paid off, and the coach didn't care an iota about Ntilikina;s modest five-point, one-assist, 2-of-7 showing. Ntilikina did what he did best: defend. He notched three steals, five rebounds, a block and one big deflection that created a fast-break hoop for Tim Hardaway Jr. in 33 minutes.

"I thought he played a great game," Fizdale said. "I know you don't see it on the stat sheet, but he really defended. It stood out. You can't say you didn't see it. He got after it. He made it tough " every catch, every entry pass, every shot was contested, every rotation was right. He's an elite defender."

It should be noted he scored the first bucket of the season " a 3-pointer after the Knicks missed their first nine shots. Fizdale came to town with a defensive reputation from the Pat Riley school, and the Knicks were active with ball pressure and created 12 steals. Fizdale loved the "effort level and communication" and commended Trey Burke and Ron Baker for "setting the tone, picking up the ball [early] every possession.";

He still had the worst +/- on the team. The team won by 20 pts and he was -2. That stat takes defense and ball moving into account, if I'm not mistaken.

I noticed that as well.

But I will play. Did you watch the game? If you did you will notice the Knicks missed their first 8 shots. Frank was on the floor for that. Indeed it was Frank's 3 that started the offense. Then when the 2nd unit came in they, like the starters also struggled. Frank was the only starter on the floor, but he was there for the two stretches during the game the Knicks struggled. Its not that hard to figure out.

Frank did have the 2nd highest defensive rating behind Mario. Eye test confirms as both guys were excellent on D and gave up very little.

Look I don't have a problem with Frank he will be an above average NBA player I just enjoy the mental gymnastics that are continually used to prove that he is better than he is. The goalposts have been really moved since drafting him. I had posters telling me he was better than Jason Kidd, than when it was clear he wasn't a PG, he was a SF like Kawahii, now he is compared to Aaron Mckie.

like who? No reasonable person here has said that.

Frank is Frank. We dont know where he ends up playing. We dont know how good he ends up being. Some have said all along he's a great prospect. Thats all some have said. OThers have said he's a "triangle PG" who was only selected for that, which is some of the dumbest **** I read around here.

Where are mental gymnastics? Frank played the most minutes. He's earned a big role in year two. He's earned his spot by doing what the coach has asked, and so far its translates into one great game.

Should Knick fans NOT be excited that Frank has upside to be one of the best defensive players in the league? And that goal may even be realized this year or next? As we see him offense and skills improve as well yea.. "he will be an above average player."

Aaron McKie? Yea sure... thats Frank TODAY. So at 20 he's a versatile guy who can lock down multiple spots. Ill take that in year 2 as him improves.

Frank is coming along, but Id still take a chance on trading for Fultz (and his shooting issues) if a trade were available. In Fizdale's system, I could see him turning the corner.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/19/2018  11:16 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

Look I don't have a problem with Frank he will be an above average NBA player I just enjoy the mental gymnastics that are continually used to prove that he is better than he is. The goalposts have been really moved since drafting him. I had posters telling me he was better than Jason Kidd, than when it was clear he wasn't a PG, he was a SF like Kawahii, now he is compared to Aaron Mckie.

Frank is Frank. We dont know where he ends up playing. We dont know how good he ends up being. Some have said all along he's a great prospect. Thats all some have said. OThers have said he's a "triangle PG" who was only selected for that, which is some of the dumbest **** I read around here.

Where are mental gymnastics? Frank played the most minutes. He's earned a big role in year two. He's earned his spot by doing what the coach has asked, and so far its translates into one great game.

Should Knick fans NOT be excited that Frank has upside to be one of the best defensive players in the league? And that goal may even be realized this year or next? As we see him offense and skills improve as well yea.. "he will be an above average player."

Aaron McKie? Yea sure... thats Frank TODAY. So at 20 he's a versatile guy who can lock down multiple spots. Ill take that in year 2 as him improves.

Frank is coming along, but Id still take a chance on trading for Fultz (and his shooting issues) if a trade were available. In Fizdale's system, I could see him turning the corner.

Is that an option? Fultz was the #1 pick. He's not Anthony Bennett. Fultz should be fine. I like Frank but I am not comparing him to the guy who regarded as the #1 from the get go.

I have high hopes for Frank. #1 picks you hope are franchise guys. Kinda a different tier.

GustavBahler

10/19/2018  11:34 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

Is that an option? Fultz was the #1 pick. He's not Anthony Bennett. Fultz should be fine. I like Frank but I am not comparing him to the guy who regarded as the #1 from the get go.

I have high hopes for Frank. #1 picks you hope are franchise guys. Kinda a different tier.

I see your point. Id throw in a second rounder, not a first. Frank looks like he will be an elite defender, for years to come. Fultz is a special case because most number 1 picks dont have the same issues coming out of the draft.

Sixers look like they could use Frank's D more than Fultz's offense, they're a playoff team without him. They could use Frank's D in the playoffs.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/19/2018  11:55 AM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

Someone probably said one time. Frank could be a better version of the 40 yr old Kidd that played for the Knicks. He may have ran with that one.

Some great points though. Frank earned a starting spot, coach trusted him with the most mins. These are the fact of the situation.

Frank usually does well vs the Nets. I'm banking on him as a fanduel sleeper. He only cost 5.1K.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/19/2018  12:54 PM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

So your saying frank wasn't pick because phil Jackson triangle, even though phil stated he fits the system or style in which we want to play. I was listen to an interview yesterday and it was reported that a lot of college kids did not want to work out for the knicks when phil was here, and it was no secrete that phil wanted a certain type of player(none from AAU ). Phil drafted 4 international players because of their skill set.

Now this doesn't mean Frank is not a useful player in any system, but to completely act like it's dumb to think that, is very naive of you. The knick pick knox over bridges because they felt knox fit what they were trying to do..You draft a guy that fits your system and your needs, how many international players did the knicks scout this draft other than one trip to see Donic..

I was telling you frank wasn't suited to be a NBA pg since last season, and as usual you told me i didn't know what i was talking about and i sound foolish, but now that FIZ has reinforced that by moving him away from ball handling pg duties, now your switching up..smh

ES
fishmike
USA
10/19/2018  1:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

So your saying frank wasn't pick because phil Jackson triangle, even though phil stated he fits the system or style in which we want to play. I was listen to an interview yesterday and it was reported that a lot of college kids did not want to work out for the knicks when phil was here, and it was no secrete that phil wanted a certain type of player(none from AAU ). Phil drafted 4 international players because of their skill set.

Now this doesn't mean Frank is not a useful player in any system, but to completely act like it's dumb to think that, is very naive of you. The knick pick knox over bridges because they felt knox fit what they were trying to do..You draft a guy that fits your system and your needs, how many international players did the knicks scout this draft other than one trip to see Donic..

I was telling you frank wasn't suited to be a NBA pg since last season, and as usual you told me i didn't know what i was talking about and i sound foolish, but now that FIZ has reinforced that by moving him away from ball handling pg duties, now your switching up..smh

you were also telling me we should get players like Derrick Rose and trade draft picks for Kemba Walker, so yea.. you dont know what you are talking about. But carry on.. its always a fun read.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19711837/knicks-1st-rounder-frank-ntilikina-draws-rave-reviews-phil-jackson
Phil like his defense, athleticism, size and BB IQ. Took him as a young prospect to grow and mold.

Thanks Phil!

Oh and knicks1248... hows Steve Mills doing?

StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/19/2018  2:18 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

you were also telling me we should get players like Derrick Rose and trade draft picks for Kemba Walker, so yea.. you dont know what you are talking about. But carry on.. its always a fun read.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19711837/knicks-1st-rounder-frank-ntilikina-draws-rave-reviews-phil-jackson
Phil like his defense, athleticism, size and BB IQ. Took him as a young prospect to grow and mold.

Thanks Phil!

Exactly. Like I’ve said many times his track record for being right isn’t that good 😆
knicks1248
10/19/2018  2:33 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

Thanks Phil!

I'm actually warming up to him, the best thing he did (so far) is fire JH, and Hire Fiz..And you left out rondo,

Your funny..phil jackson held triangle seminars

Do you remember

It also comes after head coach Jeff Hornacek told reporters that players would be evaluated at the end of the season based on their understanding of the system.

“As times goes on, you say, can they get it? Are they getting better at it?" Hornacek said, according to Begley. "End of the year comes and we're having our discussions and you say, 'Can this guy play this offense?' We'll say either yea or nay or he's getting it, he's getting better. So I'm sure that's part of evaluations this summer."

Frank said it himself dude

The system there is a good system for me,” Ntilikina said during Wednesday’s availability with draft prospects. “I think I could play in it. The organization is very good. It would be great.”

ADVERTISING

Ntilikina is only 18 years old, but his frame and skills may fit the triangle better than any of the guards who could be available in the Knicks’ range.

Ntilikina is 6-5 and can play both backcourt positions. Multiple scouts have said Ntilikina meets Jackson requirements for the triangle in that he’s a big, versatile guard.

“It’s a good system with a lot of rules and placement,” Ntilikina said. “But the game I play with my team back in France is very similar to this game. I think it would be great for me to end up here.”

lets keep it real dude you know damn well it was all about the triangle

ES
fishmike
USA
10/19/2018  3:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

Thanks Phil!

I'm actually warming up to him, the best thing he did (so far) is fire JH, and Hire Fiz..And you left out rondo,

Do you remember

It also comes after head coach Jeff Hornacek told reporters that players would be evaluated at the end of the season based on their understanding of the system.

“As times goes on, you say, can they get it? Are they getting better at it?" Hornacek said, according to Begley. "End of the year comes and we're having our discussions and you say, 'Can this guy play this offense?' We'll say either yea or nay or he's getting it, he's getting better. So I'm sure that's part of evaluations this summer."

The system there is a good system for me,” Ntilikina said during Wednesday’s availability with draft prospects. “I think I could play in it. The organization is very good. It would be great.”

ADVERTISING

Ntilikina is only 18 years old, but his frame and skills may fit the triangle better than any of the guards who could be available in the Knicks’ range.

Ntilikina is 6-5 and can play both backcourt positions. Multiple scouts have said Ntilikina meets Jackson requirements for the triangle in that he’s a big, versatile guard.

“It’s a good system with a lot of rules and placement,” Ntilikina said. “But the game I play with my team back in France is very similar to this game. I think it would be great for me to end up here.”

lol! Like a 19 year old rookie is gonna trash the triangle after Phil drafts him. Good call! This is good detective work
knicks1248
10/19/2018  4:19 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

Thanks Phil!

Do you remember

ADVERTISING

lol! Like a 19 year old rookie is gonna trash the triangle after Phil drafts him. Good call! This is good detective work

there you go again, twisting ppls words....I never said he didn't like the system, I said it was silly to think phil didn't draft him for the system, it's two different things Mattlock..lol

ES
StarksEwing1

10/19/2018  4:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

Thanks Phil!

Do you remember

ADVERTISING

there you go again, twisting ppls words....I never said he didn't like the system, I said it was silly to think phil didn't draft him for the system, it's two different things Mattlock..lol

its Matlock
GustavBahler

10/19/2018  4:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

Thanks Phil!

Do you remember

ADVERTISING

Its kind of a chicken and egg thing. Frank wouldnt have been drafted if Phil didnt believe he was ideal for the Triangle. And Frank wouldnt have been ideal for the Triangle if he didnt have a certain skill set.

Which came first? Doesnt matter. What matters is that he's a good fit with Fizdale's system. As soon as Frank can be relied on to bring more offense, he will be. Not like he isnt contributing now.

At the same time, no one is untradeable. If Frank really turns the corner on offense, with his D, he'd be as close as you can get to untradeable, short of being a franchise player.

Dont want to wait until Frank's next deal to find out though.

StarksEwing1

10/19/2018  4:54 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

Thanks Phil!

Do you remember

ADVERTISING

Its kind of a chicken and egg thing. Frank wouldnt have been drafted if Phil didnt believe he was ideal for the Triangle. And Frank wouldnt have been ideal for the Triangle if he didnt have a certain skill set.

Which came first? Doesnt matter. What matters is that he's a good fit with Fizdale's system. As soon as Frank can be relied on to bring more offense, he will be. Not like he isnt contributing now.

At the same time, no one is untradeable. If Frank really turns the corner on offense, with his D, he'd be as close as you can get to untradeable, short of being a franchise player.

Dont want to wait until Frank's next deal to find out though.

Well Said.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/19/2018  6:37 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

I don't think that's the case. I think fiz is smart and is using his best players in the forefront. Burke is one of his best players same with frank. Frank is a multi positional player. If Knox was ready I believe he would have started frank at pg and Knox at sf. I truly believe that Franks best position is at pg.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/20/2018  12:36 AM
fishmike wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I noticed that as well.

So what you're saying is that Frank was the common denominator for bailing out the poor play when the rest of the Knicks sucked. Thanks for clarifying.
Fixed. And no probs

Thanks, Mike,
I guess at least you should agree that he didn't "make his teammates better"!

JesseDark
Member: #467
10/20/2018  2:01 AM
I can see Frank becoming a Trevor Arizza type player. A lanky solid defender with a questionable handle. Don't want the Knicks to give up on him too soon like they did Arizza.
Bring back dee-fense
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/20/2018  6:12 AM
JesseDark wrote:I can see Frank becoming a Trevor Arizza type player. A lanky solid defender with a questionable handle. Don't want the Knicks to give up on him too soon like they did Arizza.

You mean trade him for Steve Francis, I doubt that happens

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
wargames
Member: #6053

10/20/2018  7:45 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
JesseDark wrote:I can see Frank becoming a Trevor Arizza type player. A lanky solid defender with a questionable handle. Don't want the Knicks to give up on him too soon like they did Arizza.

You mean trade him for Steve Francis, I doubt that happens

Man was that horrible trade. Frank definitely fits in that mold of player though.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
StarksEwing1

10/20/2018  11:21 AM
Last night is a big reason why im such a fan of him. Like Fizdale said he gives you so many different things to help give you a chance to win. In the 3rd quarter when it looked like we were dead he put the ball in his hands and he got 7 straight points putting us back in the game. My only issue is that Fiz didnt put him on LeVert on that final play
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy