[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank haters can suck it
Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/16/2018  3:12 PM
an observation - only fish could create a thread telling people to suck it - and get 13 pages of responses.
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/16/2018  3:33 PM
DSJ on the list and Frank isnt. I'll say it for you "Case Closed!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/sports/nba-top-100-players-2018/?utm_term=.d8ed9e9574de

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/16/2018  3:37 PM
Marv wrote:an observation - only fish could create a thread telling people to suck it - and get 13 pages of responses.

Any thread regarding Frank or Melo will generate a million post

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/16/2018  3:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:DSJ on the list and Frank isnt. I'll say it for you "Case Closed!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/sports/nba-top-100-players-2018/?utm_term=.d8ed9e9574de

The list measured talent, not overall play. That's why Embiid is already in the top 10.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

10/16/2018  3:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:DSJ on the list and Frank isnt. I'll say it for you "Case Closed!"

The list measured talent, not overall play. That's why Embiid is already in the top 10.

The writer used the arrow thingies for that, sheesh.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/16/2018  4:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

This is a little off topic, but Klay Thompson is very underrated...I would take Thompson over Jimmy Butler in a heartbeat.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/16/2018  4:46 PM
Frank... starting with Burke, THJ, Lance and Enes.

I called it and it gives me more hope for Fizdale. Now we will see how good Enes/Burke/THj are. With Lance and Frank in the SL you have two excellent 3&D guys who can guard many spots.

I think this is great. Lets see Frank step up and prove coach right.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

10/16/2018  5:43 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

This is a little off topic, but Klay Thompson is very underrated...I would take Thompson over Jimmy Butler in a heartbeat.

Agree, on personality alone. Would take Thompson over Butler in free agency, if both were available.

BigDaddyG

10/16/2018  5:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Agree, on personality alone. Would take Thompson over Butler in free agency, if both were available.

It's close enough for me that I'd be happy matter which side the coin landed. This article had Steph over Giannis...SMH. I might consider filing charges for that one lol I'd also put Donovan Mitchell over Jrue Holiday, if they're eating raw talent like the article says. I think ESPN does a better job with their list. I also have some problems with their ranking, BTW.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

10/16/2018  6:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/16/2018  6:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

It's close enough for me that I'd be happy matter which side the coin landed. This article had Steph over Giannis...SMH. I might consider filing charges for that one lol I'd also put Donovan Mitchell over Jrue Holiday, if they're eating raw talent like the article says. I think ESPN does a better job with their list. I also have some problems with their ranking, BTW.

Butler is a real wildcard. One can appreciate his passion, and willingness to push his teammates, and still want to pass on him, because he doesnt seem to have an off switch.

Butler is pushing 30, looking to get paid. Showing up your long time coach, and his hand picked GM doesnt help you get there.

Somebody out there has to feel good about maxing Butler out, (or somewhere in the vicinity) to make the call. Is someone ready to do that? We'll see.

Giannis probably has to go deep in the playoffs to move up some of these rankings. Right now Id definitely take Giannis over Curry.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/16/2018  6:50 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Not a bad list actually. But Jaylen Brown and Gordan Hayward ahead of KP? I don't know about that one.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/16/2018  8:55 PM
fishmike wrote:Frank... starting with Burke, THJ, Lance and Enes.

I called it and it gives me more hope for Fizdale. Now we will see how good Enes/Burke/THj are. With Lance and Frank in the SL you have two excellent 3&D guys who can guard many spots.

Can't wait, I wanted Frank and Burke to start looked like will get to see how that fares against real NBA competition before teams enter tank mode etc.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/16/2018  8:59 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Not a bad list actually. But Jaylen Brown and Gordan Hayward ahead of KP? I don't know about that one.

Wonder what weighting they used on the stats? I did a stack ranked list and Kwahi, KD,eBron, Harden and Jokic made the top 5.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
reub
Member: #6227

10/16/2018  10:04 PM
fishmike wrote:Frank... starting with Burke, THJ, Lance and Enes.

We're going to get hurt on the boards.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/16/2018  10:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/16/2018  10:42 PM
My prediction. Everyone tells me how important Frank is to winning basketball while the team wins 35 games every year.
I find it funny the same posters who argued with me when I said Frank wasn't a PG are the same ones now saying its positionless basketball and its not a big deal he isn't the primary ball handler. I said he was a backup wing and when/if we ever get talents thats what he will be, He is a nice role player but there were better options
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG

10/17/2018  3:12 AM
Jmpasq wrote:My prediction. Everyone tells me how important Frank is to winning basketball while the team wins 35 games every year.
I find it funny the same posters who argued with me when I said Frank wasn't a PG are the same ones now saying its positionless basketball and its not a big deal he isn't the primary ball handler. I said he was a backup wing and when/if we ever get talents thats what he will be, He is a nice role player but there were better options

The comparison Fix used for Frank was Livingston, who plays point guard as well as other positions. It's too early to say what Frank is, but the fact that coach feels he can plug him in anywhere is a positive. Yes, we missed out on Mitchell. But I still don't see these better boptione we should've drafted, especially just a season removed from the draft.

Juliano
Member: #7589

10/17/2018  6:01 AM
Jmpasq wrote:My prediction. Everyone tells me how important Frank is to winning basketball while the team wins 35 games every year.

Most posters believe it is still too early to stick a label on him. Yes he was drafted as a PG and up until now there are aspects of the position for which he hasn't yet shown to be up to NBA level (scoring and penetration mostly) but playing other positions doesn't mean he won't switch back to PG at some point (pun not intended). Getting closer to the paint may help him being better accustomed to using his body to absorb contact, how to draw fouls, etc, and make him less averse to attack the rim if/when he's played as a PG again.

Obviously Mitchell was a huge miss, but 12 teams missed on him - well, 11 as Tatum looks like he's going to be a star for Boston. For DSJ the jury's still out. He's probably going to be a better career scorer than Frank and will draw more attention due to his style of play but wether he'll be more impactful overall remains to be seen.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/17/2018  10:10 AM
Juliano wrote:

Most posters believe it is still too early to stick a label on him. Yes he was drafted as a PG and up until now there are aspects of the position for which he hasn't yet shown to be up to NBA level (scoring and penetration mostly) but playing other positions doesn't mean he won't switch back to PG at some point (pun not intended). Getting closer to the paint may help him being better accustomed to using his body to absorb contact, how to draw fouls, etc, and make him less averse to attack the rim if/when he's played as a PG again.

Obviously Mitchell was a huge miss, but 12 teams missed on him - well, 11 as Tatum looks like he's going to be a star for Boston. For DSJ the jury's still out. He's probably going to be a better career scorer than Frank and will draw more attention due to his style of play but wether he'll be more impactful overall remains to be seen.

A back up wing? Come on The kid is only 20 years old and is going to be a top defensive player this year in the nba. He also has great court vision and has in preseason gotten to the hoop. Frank has shown big offensive improvement already from last year.

Frank is definitely a starter in this league,and still has more potential then most of the players drafted in his draft. I predict Frank will make a few all star games, and be the top defensive player when he hits his prime.

DSJ? I think tier is a more comparable player to DSJ. DSJ is strictly a scorer who plays aweful defense .... I don’t even think DSJ is comparable to the elite defensive player like frank.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/17/2018  11:12 AM
Be interesting to see where frank gets the ball in the half court game.
Telling will be not who starts, but who finishes.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/17/2018  11:31 AM
Juliano wrote:

Jmpasq wanted to trade KP.

I find it funny when guys place broad sweeping predictions and conclusions on 19 year old players who have never even listed weights. Frank has everything to prove. He's got a believer in Fizdale. That can be incredibly empowering for a young player. Lets see. We are prolly gonna win another 30ish games. So what. We will see

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy