[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank haters can suck it
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/4/2018  10:04 AM
Dude is gonna have a break out year. He looks closer to everything we hoped for when he was drafted.

"He's too passive."

Frank is not only going to be huge part of this core, but he fits in fantastically with what we are trying to do. Knox looks like a straight up scorer. A bucket dropper. Hopefully he becomes a great 2-way but at worst he looks like he'll have some great scoring chops. So you have a scorer in Knox around 3 long and hopefully elite defensive guys with KP/Frank/Mitch.

Frank is such a difference maker. As this team gets better and goes into the playoffs Frank will easily be one of the most important guys. He's so good defensively he's a guy your going to put on the other teams's best scorer and I promise you the guy is going to have a tough series.

But yea... why take my word for it

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/4/2018  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2018  10:24 AM
In fairness i think there is only one or two on here who really have been unfair to Frank. Stephe A Smith can suck it though lol. However i am extremely happy from what ive seen since SL. The kid looks like he is out to prove a point. He has been very aggressive on offense without getting careless. His defense which was already great looks even better. The team is always under control when he is out there. Its gonna ge fun seeing him continue to progress into a good two way player.
Juliano
Member: #7589

10/4/2018  10:23 AM
It was certainly foolish to call him a bust and to cast judgment as soon as last season with him being the second youngest player in the league, but it is also premature to be certain he's going to be a playoff starter. At the end of this season we should know more about what his floor will be but it will take another one or even two to correctly assess his ceiling.
fishmike
USA
10/4/2018  10:24 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:In fairness i think there is only one or two who really have been unfair to Frank.
Yea... and those are the two who can suck it.

You are right. Those offensive moves and shots he hit looked like he had been doing them for years. He's a defensive star and he's going to be Fiz's fav player the way he works and defends. Will be interesting to see what his role ends up being and what positions he spends most time at.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/4/2018  10:26 AM
Welcome back. 9pts, lets not get carried away here. Frank has been too passive. His veteran teammates said it on the record last season. His former and current coach said it as well. Pretty much everyone said it. It was the truth, not hating.

Frank understood it, said it repeatedly, which is why he wisely passed on FIBA to stay in NY to work on his game. Wasnt a secret. Nobody knew if Frank would come back with more game. So far so good, but he still has a way to go to start IMO. One step at a time.

StarksEwing1

10/4/2018  10:26 AM
fishmike wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:In fairness i think there is only one or two who really have been unfair to Frank.

You are right. Those offensive moves and shots he hit looked like he had been doing them for years. He's a defensive star and he's going to be Fiz's fav player the way he works and defends. Will be interesting to see what his role ends up being and what positions he spends most time at.

Yeah absolutely. Honestly i dont care if he starts because we know he is gonna play the important minutes especially in the 4th.
fishmike
USA
10/4/2018  10:31 AM
Juliano wrote:It was certainly foolish to call him a bust and to cast judgment as soon as last season with him being the second youngest player in the league, but it is also premature to be certain he's going to be a playoff starter. At the end of this season we should know more about what his floor will be but it will take another one or even two to correctly assess his ceiling.
I dont think so because I dont think its premature to say Frank is going to be (if he isnt already) one of the league's best defenders. That alone is going to have him on the floor 30 mins a night. How good he becomes on offense and what position he plays will go far in determining his value. I am not sure he's a starting PG. But 2/3? Yes.

Ive been high on Frank since Evil shared the link where you could see that deciding playoff game he took the red back to play after being drafted. I see a more productive Shane Battier type. Winner.

fishmike
USA
10/4/2018  10:35 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Welcome back. 9pts, lets not get carried away here. Frank has been too passive. His veteran teammates said it on the record last season. His former and current coach said it as well. Pretty much everyone said it. It was the truth, not hating.

Frank understood it, said it repeatedly, which is why he wisely passed on FIBA to stay in NY to work on his game. Wasnt a secret. Nobody knew if Frank would come back with more game. So far so good, but he still has a way to go to start IMO. One step at a time.

So what you are saying a 19 year old rookie listened to vets/coaches and came back a year later having improved in those areas (and pretty much all the other ones).

I agree

StarksEwing1

10/4/2018  10:35 AM
fishmike wrote:
Juliano wrote:It was certainly foolish to call him a bust and to cast judgment as soon as last season with him being the second youngest player in the league, but it is also premature to be certain he's going to be a playoff starter. At the end of this season we should know more about what his floor will be but it will take another one or even two to correctly assess his ceiling.
I dont think so because I dont think its premature to say Frank is going to be (if he isnt already) one of the league's best defenders. That alone is going to have him on the floor 30 mins a night. How good he becomes on offense and what position he plays will go far in determining his value. I am not sure he's a starting PG. But 2/3? Yes.

Ive been high on Frank since Evil shared the link where you could see that deciding playoff game he took the red back to play after being drafted. I see a more productive Shane Battier type. Winner.

i think he can play multiple positions well. One thing is for sure out of the three he obviously is gonna be here for the long haul
GustavBahler

10/4/2018  10:41 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Welcome back. 9pts, lets not get carried away here. Frank has been too passive. His veteran teammates said it on the record last season. His former and current coach said it as well. Pretty much everyone said it. It was the truth, not hating.

So what you are saying a 19 year old rookie listened to vets/coaches and came back a year later having improved in those areas (and pretty much all the other ones).

I agree

Lol, yes Im saying that. Im also saying that its too early to say that Frank has turned a corner offensively. Good start though.

fishmike
USA
10/4/2018  10:43 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I agree

Lol, yes Im saying that. Im also saying that its too early to say that Frank has turned a corner offensively. Good start though.

Maybe. Seeing is believing, and he looks a lot different.
StarksEwing1

10/4/2018  10:47 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I agree

Grown another inch and using it to his advantage every time. I started noticing more aggressiveness toward the end of last year so its definetly not out of nowhere. As you said last year he was one of the youngest players in the league last year so it wasnt unusual that his offense wasnt big statistically yet. Although he wasnt afraid to take big shots either. This year he does indeed look different offensively. Just needed a year of experience to gain some confidence and learn the league
GustavBahler

10/4/2018  10:50 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I agree

We saw glimpses last season. Its about showing something sustainable.

fishmike
USA
10/4/2018  10:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2018  11:00 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I agree

if you only saw glimpses you didnt watch enough. Dude was best P&R defender in the league and played top flight defense nightly at 19 for 80 games, 20mpg, and having never lifted weights. Thats more than glimpses. Speaking glimpses if you say glimpses in your head a few times its a really weird sounding thing. Anywho...

I think as time progresses you will see more and more revisions of what people saw during Frank's rookie season. This is a wonderful thing as what it really means is we are winning games and Frank's play is a huge part of that.

But hey. Im a Frank fan and have been since the start. I dont feel that way about all the guys on the roster. I do think there are a lot of things that make this player special and they have been there to see all along

StarksEwing1

10/4/2018  11:06 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I agree

if you only saw glimpses you didnt watch enough. Dude was best P&R defender in the league and played top flight defense nightly at 19 for 80 games, 20mpg, and having never lifted weights. Thats more than glimpses. Speaking glimpses if you say glimpses in your head a few times its a really weird sounding thing. Anywho...

I think as time progresses you will see more and more revisions of what people saw during Frank's rookie season. This is a wonderful thing as what it really means is we are winning games and Frank's play is a huge part of that.

But hey. Im a Frank fan and have been since the start. I dont feel that way about all the guys on the roster. I do think there are a lot of things that make this player special and they have been there to see all along

I was a fan of his months before the draft. I knew his offense would take time but that was fine with me. Thats whats great about rebuilding. However he has taken a big step and im not getting ahead of myself because you can tell from his body language
GustavBahler

10/4/2018  11:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2018  11:14 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I agree

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE, you know I was talking about taking a wait and see approach to Frank's offense. Show he has a sustainable offense. Who on this board said anything bad about Frank's D?

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/4/2018  11:16 AM
My biggest problem with him is he doesn't run when he gets the ball...like ever, I mean you look at Knox after a rebound, he's coast to coast, not waiting for the d to set up. Knox (a sf/pf) has had more fast breaks in 2 preseason games that frank has had in a yr.

I sat right behind the Knicks bench at the wizard game and you would not believe how many time the coaching staff told him to pick up the pace, just go and stop thinking. He's a half court player and there's no changing that.

I think they need to play him a SF, he's long enough, probably not strong enough yet but I don't seem as NBA pg by any stretch, and he need to avg 12 to 15 attempts per game to play the 2g.

ES
StarksEwing1

10/4/2018  11:20 AM
knicks1248 wrote:My biggest problem with him is he doesn't run when he gets the ball...like ever, I mean you look at Knox after a rebound, he's coast to coast, not waiting for the d to set up. Knox (a sf/pf) has had more fast breaks in 2 preseason games that frank has had in a yr.

I sat right behind the Knicks bench at the wizard game and you would not believe how many time the coaching staff told him to pick up the pace, just go and stop thinking. He's a half court player and there's no changing that.

I think they need to play him a SF, he's long enough, probably not strong enough yet but I don't seem as NBA pg by any stretch, and he need to avg 12 to 15 attempts per game to play the 2g.

Not really true. Obviously we know you are not a fan of his, you have made that clear BUT you gotta admit when he is on the court good things happen. Also now his offense is Coming along nicely and will continue
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/4/2018  11:38 AM
fishmike wrote:

one of the folks always unfair to frank is nixluva

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/4/2018  11:51 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:My biggest problem with him is he doesn't run when he gets the ball...like ever, I mean you look at Knox after a rebound, he's coast to coast, not waiting for the d to set up. Knox (a sf/pf) has had more fast breaks in 2 preseason games that frank has had in a yr.

Not really true. Obviously we know you are not a fan of his, you have made that clear BUT you gotta admit when he is on the court good things happen. Also now his offense is Coming along nicely and will continue

I thought Frank did a good job pushing the ball last night. We'll see one good night, one bad night in the first half. Hopefully he'll get more consistent as the season goes on. But just like I won't say
Burke turned the corner after < than half a NBA season, I won't start pigeonholing Frank after a couple of NBA preseason games. I will say that I believe that Frank just needs confidence. I have no comment to make on Mudiay.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Frank haters can suck it

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy