Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/7/2018  11:35 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I do think Fiz is really high on Mudiay because he keeps talking about it. I don't know why though. I have started another it's the guys like Allen that needs to get cut. I have no issues with both Mudiay and Burke getting more time.

The reason Fizdale keeps talking about Mudiay is because the reporters/beat writers keep asking him about Mudiay.

They know he won't suddenly break out. Fizdale knows the guy won't suddenly break out. What the media wants is the slim 1/1000000000 chance that Fizdale says something controversial about Mudiay. They want a Mike Singletary/Vernon Davis melt down.

When Michael Sam was preparing for the draft, the media frenzy was insane. Do you think they cared about Michael Sam? They kept asking all kinds of questions , even publications not dealing with sports in general. What they really wanted was some GM to have an off day and say something not quite on the line, then **** him in the press to get a headline. I mean just plain put words in his mouth and **** him over.

In pro sports in America, as a player, you MUST SUBMIT TO MEDIA INTERVIEWS. Esp postgame. You are not given a choice. The leagues must force players to do it otherwise most players would not, because it's often an exercise in being baited over and over so people can **** you for a headline.

Classic example - Russ Westbrook gets ambushed by being asked if James Harden is a max player. See the trick to that? He says Yes, it's a **** you to his management. He says No, the media would tear them all apart all year.

To be fair to Fizdale, if someone sticks a mic in his face, what is he going to say? That the guy is a low IQ / low effort mouth breather choking up a roster spot but the team is so talent gutted that they have to endure this guy's inability to do anything even remotely useful?

Now in the media, Fizdale will get a little more push/pull. Can you imagine if Luke Walton sandblasted Mudiay in an interview? Can't do it. Just like no one could just say Mike Vick was a low IQ/one read QB1. It took him being a dog killer for people to finally lay into him and even then, lots of of the sports media, based on the demographics, would not.

There is NOT enough legit NBA news to cover a 24/7/365 cycle.

No one actually cares about Mudiay. Which is fine, because he clearly does not give a **** about being a better NBA player. Guy simply does not give a ****. You see it on the court. You see it in his eyes. He's like a woman who just got married and realizes she can stop pretending to like the guy and just keep spending his money and never sleep with him again. That's really unfair to all of you guys, now you'll see 100 percent of the married people you know and see Mudiay falling to the ground at 35 percent speed and try not to laugh/cringe like a crazy person.

Mudiay is on the fringe and still doesn't give a ****. It's like a chick getting fat before she gets an engagement ring.

"Coach Fiz, is Mudiay an example of the kind of player you want on your roster? Or not?"

Do you see the trap? This is how the media works. At least they give a **** about doing their job. Mudiay? Not so much.

Dude - you really need to cut this cr@p out. After typing your post re-read it and delete lines like that before you hit the "post" button. This is coarse, vulgar, not funny and really poor taste.

Yep... it was a bit over the line... but Mudiay sucks and there is no way around it.
Over all interviews trash Fiz said over and over again that the best players will get the roster spot.
And the best of then will get to start.
So Mudiay is very close to D-league assignment. Which by the way is the best thing he need.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/8/2018  8:05 AM
Nalod wrote:Triples mysogonistic samples are precocious!

Fixed.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/8/2018  9:49 AM
Under the circumstances, why is Playa still banned?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/8/2018  9:59 AM
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I do think Fiz is really high on Mudiay because he keeps talking about it. I don't know why though. I have started another it's the guys like Allen that needs to get cut. I have no issues with both Mudiay and Burke getting more time.

The reason Fizdale keeps talking about Mudiay is because the reporters/beat writers keep asking him about Mudiay.

They know he won't suddenly break out. Fizdale knows the guy won't suddenly break out. What the media wants is the slim 1/1000000000 chance that Fizdale says something controversial about Mudiay. They want a Mike Singletary/Vernon Davis melt down.

When Michael Sam was preparing for the draft, the media frenzy was insane. Do you think they cared about Michael Sam? They kept asking all kinds of questions , even publications not dealing with sports in general. What they really wanted was some GM to have an off day and say something not quite on the line, then **** him in the press to get a headline. I mean just plain put words in his mouth and **** him over.

In pro sports in America, as a player, you MUST SUBMIT TO MEDIA INTERVIEWS. Esp postgame. You are not given a choice. The leagues must force players to do it otherwise most players would not, because it's often an exercise in being baited over and over so people can **** you for a headline.

Classic example - Russ Westbrook gets ambushed by being asked if James Harden is a max player. See the trick to that? He says Yes, it's a **** you to his management. He says No, the media would tear them all apart all year.

To be fair to Fizdale, if someone sticks a mic in his face, what is he going to say? That the guy is a low IQ / low effort mouth breather choking up a roster spot but the team is so talent gutted that they have to endure this guy's inability to do anything even remotely useful?

Now in the media, Fizdale will get a little more push/pull. Can you imagine if Luke Walton sandblasted Mudiay in an interview? Can't do it. Just like no one could just say Mike Vick was a low IQ/one read QB1. It took him being a dog killer for people to finally lay into him and even then, lots of of the sports media, based on the demographics, would not.

No one actually cares about Mudiay. Which is fine, because he clearly does not give a **** about being a better NBA player. Guy simply does not give a ****. You see it on the court. You see it in his eyes. He's like a woman who just got married and realizes she can stop pretending to like the guy and just keep spending his money and never sleep with him again. That's really unfair to all of you guys, now you'll see 100 percent of the married people you know and see Mudiay falling to the ground at 35 percent speed and try not to laugh/cringe like a crazy person.

Mudiay is on the fringe and still doesn't give a ****. It's like a chick getting fat before she gets an engagement ring.

"Coach Fiz, is Mudiay an example of the kind of player you want on your roster? Or not?"

Do you see the trap? This is how the media works. At least they give a **** about doing their job. Mudiay? Not so much.

Dude - you really need to cut this cr@p out. After typing your post re-read it and delete lines like that before you hit the "post" button. This is coarse, vulgar, not funny and really poor taste.

Yep... it was a bit over the line... but Mudiay sucks and there is no way around it.
Over all interviews trash Fiz said over and over again that the best players will get the roster spot.
And the best of then will get to start.
So Mudiay is very close to D-league assignment. Which by the way is the best thing he need.

As bad as MudiaY is playing (like frank)he is doing just enough good things to keep him in the rotation, like dishing 7 assist.

Also, even though it's preseason he's playing hard and we're winning games so that is going to overshadow his negatives. If we were losing these games, there would be a lot less positivity in general.

“What ends up coming out of it is what fits the best,’’ Fizdale said. “All these guys are competing and nobody is flying out in front. Ultimately the final decider may be what combinations work the best.”
ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/8/2018  10:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2018  10:23 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Under the circumstances, why is Playa still banned?

He messed with Nalod once too often. martin and Andrew play favorites.
Plus, Triple doesn't delve too deeply politics, and he's too damned cerebral to waste time with right wingnut conspiracy theories. Or so it appears.

Plus, plus I'm still hoping for a Triple misogynystic post deluxe on the Kavanaugh confirmation.

GustavBahler

10/8/2018  10:25 AM
jrodmc wrote:

Plus, Triple doesn't delve too deeply politics, and he's too damned cerebral to waste time with right wingnut conspiracy theories. Or so it appears.

Plus, plus I'm still hoping for a Triple misogynystic post deluxe on the Kavanaugh confirmation.

Playa talked hoops a lot more.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/8/2018  10:59 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

As I recall, he was doing a daily bombarding of the Off Topic Forum with videos and links that were just this side of bunker/hoarding indoctrination. Still, it was entertaining to read Nalod and him going back and forth every day. Good times.

GustavBahler

10/8/2018  11:13 AM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

As I recall, he was doing a daily bombarding of the Off Topic Forum with videos and links that were just this side of bunker/hoarding indoctrination. Still, it was entertaining to read Nalod and him going back and forth every day. Good times.

Not suggesting that he didnt deserve to be banned. My question was why is he still banned?

I remember well how playa went out. He was given ample warning. If posters can go off topic like this in the Knicks forum, daily. Playa should be allowed to be brought back. Seems only fair.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/8/2018  11:28 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Not suggesting that he didnt deserve to be banned. My question was why is he still banned?

I remember well how playa went out. He was given ample warning. If posters can go off topic like this in the Knicks forum, daily. Playa should be allowed to be brought back. Seems only fair.

This is easy for me to answer. Typically, before we ban anyone (and it is only on very rare occasion that we do so really, MAYBE a user a year+ if that), we do very publicly ask them to correct something. And then there are many many offline emails that go back and forth. We give users many multiple chances, letting them back into the forums after a ban/lock. If we have to waste our time and ban/lock you multiple times and exchange emails multiple times, you have just wasted our time and it's not really worth it after that. Being part of a community is not rocket science.

During offseason, a few topical OT threads will pop in to the Knicks forum and that seems reasonable to me - sports, political, life, Alba. Some of those thread will even stay in during the season if it seems pertinent.

Like that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

10/8/2018  12:00 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Not suggesting that he didnt deserve to be banned. My question was why is he still banned?

This is easy for me to answer. Typically, before we ban anyone (and it is only on very rare occasion that we do so really, MAYBE a user a year+ if that), we do very publicly ask them to correct something. And then there are many many offline emails that go back and forth. We give users many multiple chances, letting them back into the forums after a ban/lock. If we have to waste our time and ban/lock you multiple times and exchange emails multiple times, you have just wasted our time and it's not really worth it after that. Being part of a community is not rocket science.

During offseason, a few topical OT threads will pop in to the Knicks forum and that seems reasonable to me - sports, political, life, Alba. Some of those thread will even stay in during the season if it seems pertinent.

Like that.

Thanks for the clarification. Just the right response for the times.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2018  1:13 PM
Many Moons ago Martin had to send me an offline question that related to a choice. Either comply or not. My choice.
Martin is transparent in his discretions and as he said its rare for him to ban.
Nalod has not powers or influence hear nor does Martin play favorites with me. We might agree on many topics and maybe he trusts I won't cross the line.
I stay away from many off topic threads which helps.
I am a pain in the arse about opinon vs fact and that blogs are not authorities like beat writers who are on site with the players. Some like to project as they would see things as fact. Blogs tend to dress up an opinion as an "article" which its not. List a source even if its someone else's opinion. It keeps the dialog true. Knicks1248 likes to make shyt up.
This place has stood for 16 years now. Martin has the right formula. IF TMS, Playa or Briggs is gone its not just the ban, its lack of compliance to the rules or norms that make this place work. They choose to not comply. I made my choice to stay. We all have the right for free speech but this place is not free. Someone is paying the bills and its not free. Nobody denying anyone the ability to speak their mind, but some minds are not worthy or have ability.
arkrud
USA
10/8/2018  1:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2018  1:54 PM
Nalod wrote:Many Moons ago Martin had to send me an offline question that related to a choice. Either comply or not. My choice.
Martin is transparent in his discretions and as he said its rare for him to ban.
Nalod has not powers or influence hear nor does Martin play favorites with me. We might agree on many topics and maybe he trusts I won't cross the line.
I stay away from many off topic threads which helps.
I am a pain in the arse about opinon vs fact and that blogs are not authorities like beat writers who are on site with the players. Some like to project as they would see things as fact. Blogs tend to dress up an opinion as an "article" which its not. List a source even if its someone else's opinion. It keeps the dialog true. Knicks1248 likes to make shyt up.
This place has stood for 16 years now. Martin has the right formula. IF TMS, Playa or Briggs is gone its not just the ban, its lack of compliance to the rules or norms that make this place work. They choose to not comply. I made my choice to stay. We all have the right for free speech but this place is not free. Someone is paying the bills and its not free. Nobody denying anyone the ability to speak their mind, but some minds are not worthy or have ability.

I had my share of disagreements and over time came to realization that it is not good to hurt other people feeling in general and more so on the blog they came to rest and enjoy their time talking with similar minded people about their fandom.
We can argue anything about the team, players, and bbal in general... but the rest can be not much fun.
Especially things that can bring pain because of the past experiences or realities of life which are unbearable for some posters.
So when I read some of-topic thread which urging me to post I am juts start counting 1..2...3... instead and switching to other one.
Works most of the time...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nychamp
Member: #2556

10/8/2018  5:02 PM
If it's Baker vs. Mudiay, please, Baker has won. We're talking 3rd string PG here. Mudiay can't shoot and can't defend. Baker at least is a tenacious defender who has no lack of confidence which means he occasionally gets hot and hits some shots. Plus he's consistently a (at minimum) pesky defender, occasionally excellent perimeter defender. Mudiay has been an unmitigated disaster defensively and as a playmaker. Also mentally it's clear Mudiay wavers while Baker keeps his confidence in the face of all types of setbacks.

I'd say Hezonja too should be possibly jettisoned if we hadn't just plucked him out of the free agent market. He has looked AWFUL in every way. But obviously we're not dumping him.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/8/2018  8:52 PM
Fiz needs to say to Frank...play free...and fast. Take data from summer league and preseason games to show number of possessions per 5 mins of Frank led plays vs Burke.

Dude is not dense, you show him that he’ll start running and gunning with the best of them. He has the ability.

Let him come back to Fiz and say...take that for data!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
arkrud
USA
10/9/2018  10:13 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Fiz needs to say to Frank...play free...and fast. Take data from summer league and preseason games to show number of possessions per 5 mins of Frank led plays vs Burke.

Dude is not dense, you show him that he'll start running and gunning with the best of them. He has the ability.

Let him come back to Fiz and say...take that for data!

+1

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/9/2018  2:22 PM
found this interesting:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/9/2018  6:20 PM
So we are allowed 15 players plus 2 2-way contracts right?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2018  7:51 PM
NYKBocker wrote:So we are allowed 15 players plus 2 2-way contracts right?
Yep. If they get rid of Noah they have some time to make room for Trier. Apparently his 45 day clock doesn't start until the g league season begins. He will be able to play n 3 games prior to that. I think either Kornet is cut, or Dotson is traded for a future second down the road.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
wargames
Member: #6053

10/9/2018  8:38 PM
No Ron Baker and hopefully not Dotson.

I think they should cut Kornet or Mudiay.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/10/2018  4:29 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

triple is a walking example of bitterness run amok. I know some folks that had bad divorces but whatever happened to triple left him broken. Poor fella. Not all ladies are like the ones you picked.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Who do we cut?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy