[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who do we cut?
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/6/2018  7:35 AM
I think Kornet is the guy with the guaranteed deal that will be let go. I also wonder if they make a move to free up a roster spot like they did for the Lebron stopper in Phil's first year. Maybe Dotson for a future second rounder. I don't think moving Lee will be easy.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
10/6/2018  7:38 AM
knickstorrents wrote:Baker plays winning basketball.... Mudiay I dunno what he does actually.
Baker really gets after it. No sense of urgency from Mudiay that I can detect since he has become a knick. Looks like his role is to be an expiring contract. Fiz does seem to like him and has spoken highly of him. Maybe the moment is too big for him in games and he is not able to do what he does in practice?
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/6/2018  9:36 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:Baker plays winning basketball.... Mudiay I dunno what he does actually.
Baker really gets after it. No sense of urgency from Mudiay that I can detect since he has become a knick. Looks like his role is to be an expiring contract. Fiz does seem to like him and has spoken highly of him. Maybe the moment is too big for him in games and he is not able to do what he does in practice?
I agree. You don't cut hustle players. They help make your team play better in games and in practices
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/6/2018  10:08 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
I agree. You don't cut hustle players. They help make your team play better in games and in practices
Agreed. Always respected scrappy player who hustle on defense. Very underrated in todays NBA
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/6/2018  11:32 AM
How much does Lee make and can we just cut him? I don't think wr are going to get any value for him. If wr can get a second rounder that great. But no one is beating down the door for him. Also the Allen guy will get cut
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
10/6/2018  11:34 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:How much does Lee make and can we just cut him? I don't think wr are going to get any value for him. If wr can get a second rounder that great. But no one is beating down the door for him. Also the Allen guy will get cut
Lee has two years left at a total of about 25 mil.
meloshouldgo

10/6/2018  12:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:How much does Lee make and can we just cut him? I don't think wr are going to get any value for him. If wr can get a second rounder that great. But no one is beating down the door for him. Also the Allen guy will get cut
Lee has two years left at a total of about 25 mil.

ugh - that's waaay too much.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/6/2018  1:33 PM

Lee is NOT getting cut.
He's a professional. He's not some locker room cancer.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/6/2018  6:23 PM
London is Calling.......Burke Getting cut.
meloshouldgo

10/6/2018  7:49 PM
Panos wrote:

Lee is NOT getting cut.

Who are you responding to? Locker room cancer - WTF? I thought if we cut him he could go play for a good team somewhere and chase a chip. But didn't realize he had that much left on his contract. I have always like Lee, so no need to preach to me.

meloshouldgo

10/6/2018  7:50 PM
Nalod wrote:London is Calling.......Burke Getting cut.

Why would Burke get cut? I don't think this is a good idea, especially with Mudiay on the team.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/6/2018  8:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Panos wrote:
Lee is NOT getting cut.
Who are you responding to? Locker room cancer - WTF? I thought if we cut him he could go play for a good team somewhere and chase a chip. But didn't realize he had that much left on his contract. I have always like Lee, so no need to preach to me.

I'm not preaching, bro. I'm saying that good soldiers like Lee don't get cut for a roster spot.

Nalod
USA
10/7/2018  1:31 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

Why would Burke get cut? I don't think this is a good idea, especially with Mudiay on the team.

Personally I don't care about Mudiaye but there MIGHT be a notion he is over thinking it and if so, he needs time.
We cut burke because there is not future here and he won't really get much better. He needs to go where he'll play and do him a favor. He is not trade fodder this early in the season so if we waive him he can play somewhere with a team that wants him. Its not an overly bad thing for either party.
I like Burke and wish him well.
Perhaps, and again I don't know whats in Fiz head like some of you think you do. But he might not want to give up on others yet. Trier needs discipline and but has NBA chops. Mudiaye might be asked to do uncomfortable things and that's why he looks bad. Im speculating a lot, but so should others.

meloshouldgo

10/7/2018  3:15 PM
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Personally I don't care about Mudiaye but there MIGHT be a notion he is over thinking it and if so, he needs time.
We cut burke because there is not future here and he won't really get much better. He needs to go where he'll play and do him a favor. He is not trade fodder this early in the season so if we waive him he can play somewhere with a team that wants him. Its not an overly bad thing for either party.
Perhaps, and again I don't know whats in Fiz head like some of you think you do. But he might not want to give up on others yet. Trier needs discipline and but has NBA chops. Mudiaye might be asked to do uncomfortable things and that's why he looks bad. Im speculating a lot, but so should others.

I have no idea of Fiz' thinking any more than you do. I just think Burke had shown more than Mudiay. I do think Fiz is really high on Mudiay because he keeps talking about it. I don't know why though. I have started another it's the guys like Allen that needs to get cut. I have no issues with both Mudiay and Burke getting more time.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
10/7/2018  5:23 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Ron Baker needs to get started on his next career
Baker is useful. Mudiay is not.

Baker useful? really? who knew, 81 games over 2 seasons at 15.3 mpg is useful. He's a scrub with no ceiling. I'd rather keep the scrub who has a ceiling.

Baker consistently makes the right decision on the court. While I don't watch every single last play, I've never seen him make a bad decision. I have seen him fail on a physical level or simply fail at execution. If he had a thimbles worth of actual NBA grade athleticism, he'd be an All Star. His BBIQ is off the charts. His angles, his situational awareness, his timing, it's all inate. It's stuff you can't teach.

He has limitations, but he's a legit NBA wing defender. And he gets NO CALLS at all in his favor. Zero. Refs job this kid so hard and he's there saying Fuck you all, come for me bitches. Love it. Yeah, he's not a great player, but love the grit.

Infinitely more useful than Mudiay. If the Knicks cut him, every quasi non Warriors contender would vie for him just for the defense alone.

I'd love for him to become our Bruce Bowen (without the dirty $hit). Just needs to improve his 3point % and BAAAM.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
USA
10/7/2018  5:51 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
I have no idea of Fiz' thinking any more than you do. I just think Burke had shown more than Mudiay. I do think Fiz is really high on Mudiay because he keeps talking about it. I don't know why though. I have started another it's the guys like Allen that needs to get cut. I have no issues with both Mudiay and Burke getting more time.
Allen I assume is gone.
It’s not that Burke has not shown more and your points are good, it’s just the time line. Last year it was a good concept and did good.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/7/2018  6:05 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I do think Fiz is really high on Mudiay because he keeps talking about it. I don't know why though. I have started another it's the guys like Allen that needs to get cut. I have no issues with both Mudiay and Burke getting more time.

The reason Fizdale keeps talking about Mudiay is because the reporters/beat writers keep asking him about Mudiay.

They know he won't suddenly break out. Fizdale knows the guy won't suddenly break out. What the media wants is the slim 1/1000000000 chance that Fizdale says something controversial about Mudiay. They want a Mike Singletary/Vernon Davis melt down.

When Michael Sam was preparing for the draft, the media frenzy was insane. Do you think they cared about Michael Sam? They kept asking all kinds of questions , even publications not dealing with sports in general. What they really wanted was some GM to have an off day and say something not quite on the line, then **** him in the press to get a headline. I mean just plain put words in his mouth and **** him over.

In pro sports in America, as a player, you MUST SUBMIT TO MEDIA INTERVIEWS. Esp postgame. You are not given a choice. The leagues must force players to do it otherwise most players would not, because it's often an exercise in being baited over and over so people can **** you for a headline.

Classic example - Russ Westbrook gets ambushed by being asked if James Harden is a max player. See the trick to that? He says Yes, it's a **** you to his management. He says No, the media would tear them all apart all year.

To be fair to Fizdale, if someone sticks a mic in his face, what is he going to say? That the guy is a low IQ / low effort mouth breather choking up a roster spot but the team is so talent gutted that they have to endure this guy's inability to do anything even remotely useful?

Now in the media, Fizdale will get a little more push/pull. Can you imagine if Luke Walton sandblasted Mudiay in an interview? Can't do it. Just like no one could just say Mike Vick was a low IQ/one read QB1. It took him being a dog killer for people to finally lay into him and even then, lots of of the sports media, based on the demographics, would not.

There is NOT enough legit NBA news to cover a 24/7/365 cycle.

No one actually cares about Mudiay. Which is fine, because he clearly does not give a **** about being a better NBA player. Guy simply does not give a ****. You see it on the court. You see it in his eyes. He's like a woman who just got married and realizes she can stop pretending to like the guy and just keep spending his money and never sleep with him again. That's really unfair to all of you guys, now you'll see 100 percent of the married people you know and see Mudiay falling to the ground at 35 percent speed and try not to laugh/cringe like a crazy person.

Mudiay is on the fringe and still doesn't give a ****. It's like a chick getting fat before she gets an engagement ring.

"Coach Fiz, is Mudiay an example of the kind of player you want on your roster? Or not?"

Do you see the trap? This is how the media works. At least they give a **** about doing their job. Mudiay? Not so much.

CrushAlot
USA
10/7/2018  8:54 PM
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I think the Knicks need Burke. I think he is currently the best point guard on the roster. Also, Burke and Perry have a connection and I think part of the reason Burke chose NY, and going to the g league first was because of Perry. Burke maybe gone after this year but I don't see him being cut. Guys are cut based on play and their contract. Nothing with Burke's play at this point should get him cut. I think he probably is the starter this year.
meloshouldgo

10/7/2018  9:28 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I do think Fiz is really high on Mudiay because he keeps talking about it. I don't know why though. I have started another it's the guys like Allen that needs to get cut. I have no issues with both Mudiay and Burke getting more time.

The reason Fizdale keeps talking about Mudiay is because the reporters/beat writers keep asking him about Mudiay.

They know he won't suddenly break out. Fizdale knows the guy won't suddenly break out. What the media wants is the slim 1/1000000000 chance that Fizdale says something controversial about Mudiay. They want a Mike Singletary/Vernon Davis melt down.

When Michael Sam was preparing for the draft, the media frenzy was insane. Do you think they cared about Michael Sam? They kept asking all kinds of questions , even publications not dealing with sports in general. What they really wanted was some GM to have an off day and say something not quite on the line, then **** him in the press to get a headline. I mean just plain put words in his mouth and **** him over.

In pro sports in America, as a player, you MUST SUBMIT TO MEDIA INTERVIEWS. Esp postgame. You are not given a choice. The leagues must force players to do it otherwise most players would not, because it's often an exercise in being baited over and over so people can **** you for a headline.

Classic example - Russ Westbrook gets ambushed by being asked if James Harden is a max player. See the trick to that? He says Yes, it's a **** you to his management. He says No, the media would tear them all apart all year.

To be fair to Fizdale, if someone sticks a mic in his face, what is he going to say? That the guy is a low IQ / low effort mouth breather choking up a roster spot but the team is so talent gutted that they have to endure this guy's inability to do anything even remotely useful?

Now in the media, Fizdale will get a little more push/pull. Can you imagine if Luke Walton sandblasted Mudiay in an interview? Can't do it. Just like no one could just say Mike Vick was a low IQ/one read QB1. It took him being a dog killer for people to finally lay into him and even then, lots of of the sports media, based on the demographics, would not.

There is NOT enough legit NBA news to cover a 24/7/365 cycle.

No one actually cares about Mudiay. Which is fine, because he clearly does not give a **** about being a better NBA player. Guy simply does not give a ****. You see it on the court. You see it in his eyes. He's like a woman who just got married and realizes she can stop pretending to like the guy and just keep spending his money and never sleep with him again. That's really unfair to all of you guys, now you'll see 100 percent of the married people you know and see Mudiay falling to the ground at 35 percent speed and try not to laugh/cringe like a crazy person.

Mudiay is on the fringe and still doesn't give a ****. It's like a chick getting fat before she gets an engagement ring.

"Coach Fiz, is Mudiay an example of the kind of player you want on your roster? Or not?"

Do you see the trap? This is how the media works. At least they give a **** about doing their job. Mudiay? Not so much.

Dude - you really need to cut this cr@p out. After typing your post re-read it and delete lines like that before you hit the "post" button. This is coarse, vulgar, not funny and really poor taste.

Nalod
USA
10/7/2018  10:58 PM
Triples mysogonistic samples are precious!
Who do we cut?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy