[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

PreSeason GameThread: Thank god it's here, vs the Wizards 7pm
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/2/2018  2:57 PM
technomaster wrote:Knox has shown some serious upside - I'm thinking Kevin Durant-type of potential. (incredibly, a super skinny, physically overmatched 19 year old Durant averaged 20.5ppg)

This year was a very, very solid draft. The players picked ahead of Knox all seem like they could be good players, even all-stars. With that said, I think the teams most likely to regret their picks are the Kings (Bagley III) and the Magic (Bamba). Bagley looked stiff and overmatched in the summer league and didn't shine in his first preseason game (7pts vs Ayton's 24). The Magic have been notorious about not developing their draft picks - and Bamba at the moment is a 1-way player (Defense)...

On the flip side: I think the only player that the Knicks might regret passing on (with Knox) is Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. I think that guy can and will be a star. (Now the tutelage of Doc Rivers on the Clippers, he's everything that Austin Rivers was supposed to be coming out of the draft)

Porter Jr in my book has a shot to become a better player in the long run, but due to injuries I think his odds of success in the NBA are 5% superstar vs 40% solid player vs 55% bust.

we were definitely not drafting another guard with our glut of guards already
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718

10/2/2018  3:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:btw Trae Young in first preseason game was 5 of 16 overall, 1 of 6 from 3 point land, jacked up 16 shots in 20 mins, got to the line 0 times...
only bright spot...8 assists in 20 mins.

Check out Mikal's box score in the Suns game--yikes!

never wanted him once i realized he cannot put the ball on the floor

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/2/2018  3:10 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Gudris wrote:I like the first game, we can hang around 500 until KP comes back for sure
Lets not get crazy. We should all be excited this year but even with KP there would be ups and downs. The perfect scenerio is see Knox,Mitch,Frank,and even Trier take big steps,KP getting back maybe by all star break,shedding more salary at deadline,getting another high pick,then adding free agents. Next Year could be the real beginning of a longterm playoff team

Can you name 8 teams definitely better than Knicks in the East?
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/2/2018  4:10 PM
Cartman718 wrote:btw Trae Young in first preseason game was 5 of 16 overall, 1 of 6 from 3 point land, jacked up 16 shots in 20 mins, got to the line 0 times...

He’s essentially a crappy version of Iverson. Not my favorite thing but if we need scoring bursts, then it’s good he’s on the team.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/2/2018  4:12 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

He’s essentially a crappy version of Iverson. Not my favorite thing but if we need scoring bursts, then it’s good he’s on the team.

Trae Young?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/2/2018  4:38 PM
nixluva wrote:The Perry Impact on this roster is dramatic. The upgrade in Athleticism is huge and very exciting. He’s still got more roster adjustments ahead!

Having a GM actually trained for the job is dramatic.

Think about how absolutely ridiculous that sounds. Think about how much harder/difficult the Knicks made of their situation, over something so simple in nature.

Hire someone trained to do the job with an age timeline that suits some possible longevity.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/2/2018  4:42 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:The Perry Impact on this roster is dramatic. The upgrade in Athleticism is huge and very exciting. He’s still got more roster adjustments ahead!

Think about how absolutely ridiculous that sounds. Think about how much harder/difficult the Knicks made of their situation, over something so simple in nature.

Hire someone trained to do the job with an age timeline that suits some possible longevity.

True. But in fairness the last regime did produce KP and Frank. Also Dotson could be a good guy off the bench. So in the end it worked out fine
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/2/2018  5:18 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

True. But in fairness the last regime did produce KP and Frank. Also Dotson could be a good guy off the bench. So in the end it worked out fine

Glass is really really really almost full if you look at it from the very bottom of the glass upwards?

Imagine what it could be without Noah, Timmy and with Donovan Mitchell

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/2/2018  5:23 PM
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Glass is really really really almost full if you look at it from the very bottom of the glass upwards?

Imagine what it could be without Noah, Timmy and with Donovan Mitchell

Timmy was steve mills wasnt it? As for donovan mitchell every team wishes they could redo that one. Noah was terrible i said that from Day 1. My point was i think our front office is much better now but we had a few good pieces from the last regime
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/2/2018  7:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Trae Young?

Oh my bad. I was thinking of Burke,

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/2/2018  8:02 PM
technomaster wrote:Knox has shown some serious upside - I'm thinking Kevin Durant-type of potential. (incredibly, a super skinny, physically overmatched 19 year old Durant averaged 20.5ppg)

This year was a very, very solid draft. The players picked ahead of Knox all seem like they could be good players, even all-stars. With that said, I think the teams most likely to regret their picks are the Kings (Bagley III) and the Magic (Bamba). Bagley looked stiff and overmatched in the summer league and didn't shine in his first preseason game (7pts vs Ayton's 24). The Magic have been notorious about not developing their draft picks - and Bamba at the moment is a 1-way player (Defense)...

On the flip side: I think the only player that the Knicks might regret passing on (with Knox) is Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. I think that guy can and will be a star. (Now the tutelage of Doc Rivers on the Clippers, he's everything that Austin Rivers was supposed to be coming out of the draft)

Porter Jr in my book has a shot to become a better player in the long run, but due to injuries I think his odds of success in the NBA are 5% superstar vs 40% solid player vs 55% bust.

I had consistently wanted to trade down and get SGA, I think he will be one of the best PGs in the league for along time. But I am also very much looking forward to seeing more of Knox. Durant is a stretch though.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
wargames
Member: #6053

10/3/2018  7:39 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:

I had consistently wanted to trade down and get SGA, I think he will be one of the best PGs in the league for along time. But I am also very much looking forward to seeing more of Knox. Durant is a stretch though.

Yeah, I wish there was a way we could have come away with Knox and Shai, and pull a Kentucky Duo. However, all signs point to Knox being draft right after our pick by Philly if he had still been there. I don't even want to imagine what Knox next to Embid, Simmons, and Fultz would have looked like.

Knicks made the right choice.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/3/2018  8:00 AM
wargames wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Yeah, I wish there was a way we could have come away with Knox and Shai, and pull a Kentucky Duo. However, all signs point to Knox being draft right after our pick by Philly if he had still been there. I don't even want to imagine what Knox next to Embid, Simmons, and Fultz would have looked like.

knox was my man all the way. i believe the kid's gonna be an absolute monster all across the frontcourt. just imagine him, kp and mitch.

Gudris
Member: #6213

10/3/2018  8:22 AM
Marv wrote:
wargames wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

knox was my man all the way. i believe the kid's gonna be an absolute monster all across the frontcourt. just imagine him, kp and mitch.

this will be most dominating front next year

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/3/2018  11:15 AM
Gudris wrote:
Marv wrote:
wargames wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

this will be most dominating front next year

2+ years for me, and I'll say the most potential for dominating frontcout.

And the Knicks NEED to come away with a Top 5 pick this year, one of those guards would be a real nice addition.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718

10/3/2018  4:51 PM
PreSeason GameThread: Thank god it's here, vs the Wizards 7pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy